Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #31
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I actually don't see Niou beating Ochi due to he'll not be beating Mach enough times. It'll be 7-6 fo the first two set match in how know what favor and 6-0 in the end. I can see Atobe using Atobe Kingdom to beat Ochi now that he don't have to looks for overlapping absolute blind spot of two players, though.
    Ochi is hopeless against ZSS too. Ochi could take the first set with Mental Pressure though so I see your point, Ochi could beat Niou.
    But at least No.10 then. Niou > Mouri certainly.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    wtf Shuuji is Japan's No. 2 , BA might get some points but it won't win the game alone. Ohmagari (No. 6!) can't be fodder material at all, I expect him to be around Irie's and Tokuwaga's lvl.

    It's highly likely that the Ms win the match, but come on you're overrating BA just because it won a point from Nationals! Yukimura (a slowed version of Teni Muhō no Kiwami from Echizen did it too) and destroyed the fodder court 2. Yeah, it's a godlike aura, I get it, but we're talking about players that are in Japan's top 6 (even more, the No 2 is playing) and I expect them to fight back against it.

    Also, why would Konomi use a move (that we know Sanada already had ages ago) to make him win? That's so... meh.

    I want to see Sanada showing that he learnt something else, and even developing during the match.
    If you read my post, you would have understood what I wrote was an example, and you people were supposed to use that as a template to write what you think. Nobody has yet to do so.

    When it comes to Black Aura, I think two things will happen depending on when it gets shown.

    1) If Black Aura gets shown towards the end of the match, it will be what makes them win, and that's that.
    2) If Black Aura gets shown towards the beginning of the match, it will be overcome by Shuuji until Sanada develops upgraded BA forms of FuuRinKaInZanRai

  3. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Oomagari isn't going to give trouble to Sanada. That's for sure, only Shuuji. I do think BA will be released late in the match and I highly doubt it will be countered. Just like Fayte said, BA could be released late in the match and I'm sure we'll see Sanada dominating after a hard match. I can think that Konomi will give upgrade forms of FuuRinKaInZanRai, and completrly overwhelm them after a close fight.
    the question is
    1) was shuji present when sanada first used black aura vs yukimura
    2) who will use their super powers first shuji or sanada ( i assume shuji has some incredible power/skill that we dont know about )
    3)I suspect sanada will use black aura early or middle of the match or like during the end of the 1st set or end of 2nd set
    because if shuji already seen sanada use the BA, then he will expect it to come out and try to counter it .

    It's almost like atobe bating ryoma to use muga no kyouchi in pot. i wonder if shuji will bate sanada to use BA sooner than later.

    THIS ALL ASSUMES, that SHUJI was present when Sanada first went BA, not to mention the U-17 club video tapes most official matches anyways.
    Last edited by ashore; June 05, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Ochi is hopeless against ZSS too. Ochi could take the first set with Mental Pressure though so I see your point, Ochi could beat Niou.
    But at least No.10 then. Niou > Mouri certainly.
    Certainly. The only difference is that Mach doesn't strain Ochi but every point Niou win is going to strain him greatly.

    Mouri? Yes, Niou beat him rather comfortably based on what we've seen.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  5. #35
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Certainly. The only difference is that Mach doesn't strain Ochi but every point Niou win is going to strain him greatly.

    Mouri? Yes, Niou beat him rather comfortably based on what we've seen.
    Although in terms of Sanada to Ohmagari, Sanada would wreck Mouri, defeat Ochi I believe since he has 10ao and Ohmagari doesn't think much of Mach.
    Sanada would beat Tohno since if Marui and Wonder Castle can return the Execution Methods, Sanada and Zan could probably pull that off and the fact Sanada should soon reveal 10ao.

    So No.8 is someone who would comfortably lose to Sanada. Can't speak for No.6 too much I know, but honestly I can see Sanada showing dominance over Ohmagari.

    But considering Tanegashima saw Sanada's BA when the losers crawled their way back to the Camp, Tanegashima will probably have some kind of answer.
    Tanegashima shat zero brix when he saw the Aura. Neither did many key characters.

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Shuuji wasn't shown until Chapter 27 Page 9, which is after the losers were already at the mountain. Shuuji was observing the winners, so there is no reason to assume he was watching the Sanada/Yukimura match.

  7. #37
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Tanegashima was there when the Losers arrived and apparently kicked the ass of 2ndCourt and Sanada showed off his BA to about 5 HSers and frightened them away so the majority of the camp has seen his BA.
    Considering Sanada pulled out BA like that for practically no reason, he probably went and used it in the Shuffles you never know.
    He is currently handicapped right now since he looks like a child with a piratey-eye-patch on lol. It looks just so funny.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; June 06, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Tanegashima was there when the Losers arrived and apparently kicked the ass of 2ndCourt and Sanada showed off his BA to about 5 HSers and frightened them away so the majority of the camp has seen his BA.
    Considering Sanada pulled out BA like that for practically no reason, he probably went and used it in the Shuffles you never know.
    He is currently handicapped right now since he looks like a child with a piratey-eye-patch on lol. It looks just so funny.
    He should stop watching One Piece in his free time lol.

    Anyways, that should be a pain in the ass to have one eye patched, much like Marui who the moment he was hurt didn't do nothing but dislocate Tohno's knee at the end of the match. But I don't think that'll be much of a problem for Sanada.

  10. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Tanegashima was there when the Losers arrived and apparently kicked the ass of 2ndCourt and Sanada showed off his BA to about 5 HSers and frightened them away so the majority of the camp has seen his BA.
    Considering Sanada pulled out BA like that for practically no reason, he probably went and used it in the Shuffles you never know.
    He is currently handicapped right now since he looks like a child with a piratey-eye-patch on lol. It looks just so funny.
    if shuji saw BA, dont you think a player of his caliber will be prepared for it? (or not under estimate it, thus preparing ) or at least he think he will be? but how do u prepare for someone's abilities while it is still in its infancy?
    Last edited by ashore; June 06, 2013 at 10:48 PM.

  11. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    From what we've seen, I'll say he should prepare for it. There's a reason why Sanada throw away his promise with Yukimura and keep Rai and a secret until the final. Yes, he used it in semi final, but he's probably sure that Tezuka was in the other semi final match at that time. And Tezuka comes up with Tezuka Phantom to come it in less than 1 set match to handle the tech. If Tezuka have known Sanada had it from the Kantou final, I would expect him to have a even better counter.

    Shuuji should at least be stronger than National Tezuka, and I expect him to have a quick wit. It shouldn't take him too long to start a rally with black aura, assuming that rallying with black aura is possible.The thing about Black Aura, although Sanada show it to Shuuji once already, is that Shuuji doesn't yet seen what it's like when Saanada with black aura HIT the ball. He doesn't know what the aura did (assuming that #6 and himself have not seen Black Aura before or is the user of Back Aura themselves). It's not you can predict the ability of the aura from just seeing the ability.

    Tokugawa/Oni/Irie all might have better chance. They at least show how it was in play against Yukimura. Then, Oni is the ex-#1, and a potential #1 right now. Tokugawa is also probably one of the strongest in the camp.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  12. #41
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    I already said its not unlikely Sanada crushed HS fodder with BA in the bunch of shuffles they had before the U-17 Camp Revolution since he decided to bring it out against HS fodder after he had already taken out a 2nd Court fodder.
    Tanegashima could have seen it then.

    Also, Oni would have told Tanegashima about the BA. This is because the top members of the G10 seem to have discussed their opponents.
    Since when Akutsu confronts Ryoga/Ryoma, Ryoga says "Aren't you the guy Oni really wanted to take on?"
    Although Oni was never seen actually mentioning he wanted to face Akutsu in the Genius 10 shuffle in the manga so he probably discussed who he wants to challenge and abilities of the MSers.

  13. #42
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    ^That wouldn't be surprising at all either. In the team shuffle the matches were arranged in a way to give the MSers a challenge and let them grow at the same time, so if Oni had a hand in the line-ups again, he might have done something similar here.

  14. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Akutsu going on his mad Ryoma challenging scheme actually help him out with this one. I don't see him going anywhere but whoops with Kishin and PoP.

    Or maybe not. He did ace #2 of the country, gotta give him some props for now.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  15. #44
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    He probably achieved 10ao before Kintarou at least, so he probably wouldn't have done any worse than Kintarou overall (pre-TnK at least, there's no telling whether Akutus would have gotten it or not in that situation).

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

    Well, pre-PoP Kintarou got his butt hand to him with ease. I don't see Akutsu doing better than Kintarou at all. You're right that the score would look pretty similar. But I wouldn't assume PoP upgrade for anyone, so judging from what we've seen, it'll just be one side whooping until the very end. That's just boring.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts