Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hey, I'm new

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hey, I'm new

Ya know it, bro.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Ya know it, bro.
    I was laughing at how silly that sounded lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BeyondAnother's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with the word 'Phoenix' in their name is a friend of mine, this is late, isn't it? :x
    Last edited by BeyondAnother; December 09, 2013 at 01:35 AM.
    <a href=http://m.imgur.com/account/PurpleMistyRain/images/ZzFmP6S target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://m.imgur.com/account/PurpleMis...images/ZzFmP6S</a>

"Burnin' bridges one by one, descending closer to the sun"

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    don't worry about getting along here...everyone is very nice

especially the staff
    Gnut, Stop sprouting useless lies.

@Phoenex is cassandra your favvy from claremore?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. I completely forgot about this. Guess it's too late to respond to stuff.
    Cry.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kat's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Phoenix View Post
    Oh. I completely forgot about this. Guess it's too late to respond to stuff.
    Cry.
    Its never too late ... ^_^

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Its never too late ... ^_^
    Guess I'll give it a shot and answer yours, then, since the others do actually look outdated for answers. :c

sooo favourite movies, serials, songs, bands, singers ? Tell us

SUPERNATURAL is really really good I just can't continue watching because the page where I used to watch it doesn't work and I'm lazy to find another one
    My all time favourite movie would have to be The Lovely Bones (and the books its based on is also one of my favourite books). In a nutshell, a young girl gets murdered by an older man living in the same street, and her spirit/soul/whatever you prefer stays in limbo and watches as her family struggles to cope with her death. It's a really good psychological/supernatural flick.

I think my answer for serials is still the same. Legend of Korra and Game of Thrones are definitely my two favourites right now, but after the first half of Season 4 of The Walking Dead I'm really getting back into that. I also rewatched House quite recently and that's reminded me of how good it is.

Songs, bands and singers, huh? Well, I guess my top 3 favourite songs (this could probably change at any moment) would have to be Vsya Moya Lyubov and Beliy Plaschik by t.A.T.u (I can't actually speak Russian, though, but I can at least understand the words through other people translating and the music itself sounds nice) and Post Blue by Placebo. t.A.T.u and Placebo are also my two favourite groups/bands/all of those things. Lena Katina from t.A.T.u and Lady Gaga would have to be my favourite standalone singers.

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondAnother View Post
    Anyone with the word 'Phoenix' in their name is a friend of mine, this is late, isn't it? :x
    Not anymore.
    Last edited by Tempest Phoenix; December 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

My all time favourite movie would have to be The Lovely Bones (and the books its based on is also one of my favourite books). In a nutshell, a young girl gets murdered by an older man living in the same street, and her spirit/soul/whatever you prefer stays in limbo and watches as her family struggles to cope with her death. It's a really good psychological/supernatural flick.
    Sounds like that movie when there is a couple walking in a street and the guy gets murdered and then his souls stays and watches the girl and he tries to contact her somehow, he goes to one woman who works with these ghostie thingies and then they "meet" like the woman believes that he is near her ... they talk trought the woman ... its such a sad movie ... its called Ghost I guess

Quote Quote:
    I think my answer for serials is still the same. Legend of Korra and Game of Thrones are definitely my two favourites right now, but after the first half of Season 4 of The Walking Dead I'm really getting back into that. I also rewatched House quite recently and that's reminded me of how good it is.
    waaaaaaaaaat you watch TWD ? Omg omg omg omg I love TWD, what do you think about it now ? tell me tell me

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like that movie when there is a couple walking in a street and the guy gets murdered and then his souls stays and watches the girl and he tries to contact her somehow, he goes to one woman who works with these ghostie thingies and then they "meet" like the woman believes that he is near her ... they talk trought the woman ... its such a sad movie ... its called Ghost I guess
    There are actually some moments similar to that. At a few points it looks like the father can feel her presence, and the little brother says something about her "being in the inbetween"

waaaaaaaaaat you watch TWD ? Omg omg omg omg I love TWD, what do you think about it now ? tell me tell me
    I did get sort of bored during the middle of Season 3, mostly because I didn't like the whole "Rick's gone crazy" thing. I've really been liking Season 4 though, I even enjoyed the swine flu subplot which a lot of people were annoyed at. To me it was a showcase of how zombies and people aren't the only things to be feared which was largely forgotten during seasons 2 and 3. I'm really interested to see how each mini-group copes with being split off and if they all reunite at some point.

I'm definitely on the bandwagon of hating Carl. He really annoys me because all he does is whine and complain about how he deserves a gun and how he can help and though that's true I don't like how he whines about it constantly. My favourite characters are probably a bit cliche too since they're Carol and Michonne (well, I don't think the last one is really cliche since from what I can tell everyone's in love with Daryl and Michonne. It was also previously Andrea instead of Carol before Carol became more important to the group, and Andrea's dead anyway).

What did you think of Hershel's death? Imo it was expected because of how they turned him into Superman in the episodes beforehand and he became too likeable too quickly. It did have an impact that, I was expecting Glen or someone to die since I know he died in the comics. I was also expecting Tyreese to sacrifice himself in someway due to grief. At least Michonne got to end the Governor. ^_^

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

There are actually some moments similar to that. At a few points it looks like the father can feel her presence, and the little brother says something about her "being in the inbetween"

I did get sort of bored during the middle of Season 3, mostly because I didn't like the whole "Rick's gone crazy" thing. I've really been liking Season 4 though, I even enjoyed the swine flu subplot which a lot of people were annoyed at. To me it was a showcase of how zombies and people aren't the only things to be feared which was largely forgotten during seasons 2 and 3. I'm really interested to see how each mini-group copes with being split off and if they all reunite at some point.

I'm definitely on the bandwagon of hating Carl. He really annoys me because all he does is whine and complain about how he deserves a gun and how he can help and though that's true I don't like how he whines about it constantly. My favourite characters are probably a bit cliche too since they're Carol and Michonne (well, I don't think the last one is really cliche since from what I can tell everyone's in love with Daryl and Michonne. It was also previously Andrea instead of Carol before Carol became more important to the group, and Andrea's dead anyway).

What did you think of Hershel's death? Imo it was expected because of how they turned him into Superman in the episodes beforehand and he became too likeable too quickly. It did have an impact that, I was expecting Glen or someone to die since I know he died in the comics. I was also expecting Tyreese to sacrifice himself in someway due to grief. At least Michonne got to end the Governor. ^_^
    I didnt like that Rick went crazy and stuff about it either. And Im sooooooooooo happy that the Governor is dead already. He was annyoing the whole season 3 and I was just hoping that he would die already so yeah thats what Im happy about season 4. I was a bit sad though when he found that family and attached to them. I thought he would change but as expected he didnt.

Tbh I hated him so so much, but in the last episodes he was fine and smart. He helped a lot. He just seemed to wanna kill everything and everybody before, but I guess now he is fine, not that annoying at least. Im curious what happen to his lil sister cuz in the last episode she was gone, but Im pretty sure she was in the bus with the rest of group so they will be fine. They finally changed place though!

When he was kneeling there, I knew that The Gov would kill him no matter what. I guess he would do it even if they let them the prison. Omg and I didnt like how he was crawling while bleeding it was scary omg. GLENN IS NOT GOING TO DIE NO MATTER WHAT!

Spoiler show

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I never expected the Governor to truly change. I think they were upping his likability to make it more impactful when Michonne finally dealt that fatal blow to him. I think Judith will be with Tyreese and the little girls. I doubt they'd have enough time to make it to the bus before getting guns and running out to where everyone else was. I find it so funny that Carol managed to avoid this entire conflict since she has a reputation of avoiding death through other people, I hope she comes back with a bang.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

waaah, so dark, I thought I knew some people with preferences for dark and gore, but for some reason I feel like you're standing on top of them by simply existing ^^'

since our likes don't match (at all) wanna talk about views on life, dislikes, also I'm curious about those 'contradictions' you mentioned (phrasing it that way has left me with the impression you're contradicting yourself on some matters (or the general opinion))

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually not so dark a person, I guess I just think a little too much about things that shouldn't concern me but do because I find them interesting. Outwardly and most of the time inwardly I'm a positive person. Our likes in terms of manga might not be completely different now since, after dropping Freezing and Black Butler I've picked up Area D, Attack on Titan and UQ Holder, and I'm trying to find more since I have more free time.

I think you misread controversial as contradicting, though. But by controversial I generally mean I have a tough time condemning people for things that others consider blatantly evil and would consider them so instantly. I always end up looking at the background of situations and the circumstances surrounding the event. I guess I just take more of a "what made them do this" approach than a "they did this so they're bad" one. But a lot of the time taking that approach have made people call me an ass.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, 2nd paragraph, I'm also like that, but with the sole difference I just don't think there are really any 'truly' evil acts, and it all depends on how we/others percevie them
    controversial/contradicting in that context it hardly made any difference for me, that's why I asked ^^.
    got My Anime/Manga List?

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah. I was thinking about getting one but I figured I'd never be bothered to actually update it.
    It's something to consider, though.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast