Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Wife Is Wagatsuma-san

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

My Wife Is Wagatsuma-san

Wagatsuma-san wa ore no yome
    By: Yuu Kuraishi and Keishi Nishikida
    Genre: School Life, Comedy, Shonen, Supernatural
    Serialized In: Weekly Shonen Magazine

Mangaupdate summary:
    Aoshima Hitoshi is a second-year student in high school, who wishes he had a girlfriend. One day he wakes up for an unknown reason 10 years in the future, and he is married to the prettiest girl in school, Wagatsuma Ai! How has their relationship grown from mere acquaintances to husband and wife!?

This is another serie currently serialized in shonen magazine and I find it really hilarious. Although the setting is not the most original (a looser is in love with a beautiful girl) the comedy is really great since it has everything to make good jokes (time skip, idiots) and the pervert trio is quite something.

PS: if you don't read it on batoto, pay attention that the 'special chapters' correspond in fact to the volume 1 which was released before the serie was transfered to shomag and shall therefore be read first.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Wife Is Wagatsuma-san

A really lovely series. Do you work on it, because then I would give you my thanks for this pleasure.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the DX brigade chapters, they are always so silly.
    There are thousands of reference in this manga and I only catch a few of them (and the translator notes) still it stays a fun read. Also I like when the mangaka pastiches the other authors style like he did with Noboyuki Fukumoto 2 (scanlated) chapters ago.

---------- Post added August 12, 2013 at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was July 28, 2013 at 06:39 AM ----------

Good news:

Quote Originally Posted by Braddock
    Funny thing about mentioning speed, we're actually planning on putting out a chapter a day for the next week starting with the last 3 chapters of the original run, SP 9, 10 and 11.

---------- Post added August 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was August 12, 2013 at 05:42 AM ----------

This band arc reminds me a little of Sket Dance one which was very good.
    Sylvia playing the drum was really funny. I think I like her character better than Wagatsuma so far.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And here I thought for a few seconds someone was interested in discussing this serie :-(

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

From batoto comments
    Mirai wa bokura no te no naka, or "The Future is in Our Hands"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Torca's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Best comedy I read in a freaking long time! It's just so hilarious I can't stop laughing. Big plus for great characters, how their relation work and cute girl chars. For me this manga just feels natural, their personalities are just working as a factor that adds this refreshing feeling I didn't feel in other mangas in a long time, they aren't character you would want to say "I'm like him! I want to be like him!" but you feel respect how honest they are with themselves. I would recommend this to anyone who like to laugh, I started to read it from the first released scanlation and from the very beginning liked this series, I don't even know why are started to read this, maybe I have a great sense for series like this (I hope so). Read it guys! And btw author music taste is pretty similar to mine so I love the guy who wrote it, he have such a good music taste.

CH.32
    Last chapter showed us just how awesome Aoshima is! Being a typical MC and doing this thing Aoshima is MC amongst MCs.
    Sorry for my English -.-

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This is quite entertaining.

Spoiler show

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember how I came upon it myself but I have followed it for quite some time as well and immediatly love it.

Yes Aoshima made a nice confession. He proves to have some guts from time to time. But I also like how the author don't forget their loser status. If you compare the band arc ending with Sket Dance one it makes Wagatsuma one even more funny.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A pretty decent chapter today. You'd think that he could just ask her how many times it took before she agreed to go out with him or something, but no, manga logic doesn't work that way.

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Torca's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    A pretty decent chapter today. You'd think that he could just ask her how many times it took before she agreed to go out with him or something, but no, manga logic doesn't work that way.
    It would be too easy that way. I expected that Wagatsuma will reject him (who didn't). I'm looking forward to next developments but given that it moved pretty quickly in the previous chapters we'll have a small comedic episodes this time. Anyway waiting for the next chapter.
    Sorry for my English -.-

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

After a manly move last chapter he returns to his normal self. This double spread with him crying fleeing away was really funny.
    And yes I guess we are returning back to the episodic comedy chapters after this.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm crossing my fingers for another Sylvia centric arcs though.

---------- Post added October 06, 2013 at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was September 28, 2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

The new Fujoshi group is really funny, and I'm curious about that one member whose face we haven't seen clearly yet. I'm suspecting that it's going to be another Aoshima's harem.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the fact that she remains hidden makes it quite obvious she is in fact a pretty girl. Doesn't she looks a bit like Todokoro from Souma ?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

She is, appearance wise. It's pretty interesting to note that this time the girl is not out of Aoshima's league, as some would say with Sylvia and Wagatsuma, so I expect more serious romantic hints here and there incoming in the next chapter.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god this page
    Spoiler show

I'm not that much into this arc so far but that made me forget all grudge.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast