Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: As a titan shifter loses their mind they merge into the titan (proof)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

As a titan shifter loses their mind they merge into the titan (proof)

And that is why when a titan dies there are no human remains left.

Look at these pages and you'll notice as Eren loses his reasoning and says "devour ya", his eyes roll up and his skin merges with the flesh of the titan even more. When annie begins to notice Eren losing his mind she grabs his arms so he won't fully merge with the titan.

http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...7/c029/12.html
    http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...7/c029/13.html

My theory as that titans were created for a war and as they began killing other humans they slowly lost their minds and merged with the titans. This is also the reason titans only target humans and no other animals.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: As a titan shifter loses their mind they merge into the titan (proof)

I'm starting believe this theory it seems. I mean, nowadays, such a power like this, in modern actions stories, must have a huge trade-off. And page 13 of that chapter 29 seems to give off that vibe too. The nerves connecting to Eren's eyes looks like they're are actually moving to swallow his face.

Added:
    Though about Annie grabbing Eren's hand, I was thinking it was probably part of the martial art move. Err...I'm not really familiar with martial arts so I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Yumpo; June 03, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I too believe that this is the right theory, also because it is obvious that the common Titans are probably the humans who obtained the power to transform into a titan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrveggie View Post
    And that is why when a titan dies there are no human remains left.
    I'm still not understanding how you came to this conclusion. Ymir was the only titan who technically died, yet she was still in the nape of the neck and able to be retrieved. Eren wore himself out and his titan form began to melt, as he came out of it. Obviously a titan-shifter loses their mind while in Titan form, because we saw that the very second Eren came out of his titan form in the early chapters. He was in a trance-like state. I'm not understanding the new information here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There isn't any new information. Just speculation. How did Ymir die? I don't remember seeing her dead.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The titan body of her cease to move then this is like to be dead?
    Ymir herself was simply unconscious nothing more...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    There isn't any new information. Just speculation. How did Ymir die? I don't remember seeing her dead.
    Ymir as a titan died, but human Ymir was intact.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. mrveggie probably meant those shifters who become so merged with the titan forms that their body practically becomes part of it and disappears. That's what I thought of from the original post...or maybe I was reading it wrong...O_O

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Oh. mrveggie probably meant those shifters who become so merged with the titan forms that their body practically becomes part of it and disappears. That's what I thought of from the original post...or maybe I was reading it wrong...O_O
    I'll assume you're right for the moment. We still have not a single account of this happening. We haven't seen someone who was once a titan shifter become only titan, so we still have no proof.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a clear line between the common Titans (either normal or deviant types), who come from humas, but seem to, in all cases, lose their consciousness and follow a 'program' of sort (eat eat eat), and the humans who are able to transform into Titans and control the transformation at will. What we saw is that in an Eren-type, when the human's consciousness fades, the Titan one takes over instead, but that is reversible - it's more like about the balance of the 2 consciousnesses than about the human one being taken over.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

A question: by this theory even the short 5 meters titan had a human inside them?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory as that titans were created for a war and as they began killing other humans they slowly lost their minds and merged with the titans. This is also the reason titans only target humans and no other animals.
    But then why would they kill people by eating them?

When annie begins to notice Eren losing his mind she grabs his arms so he won't fully merge with the titan.
    Annie was unable to move her arms and was regenerating the other eye. The moment when she ''notices'' Eren losing it, is actually the moment when her eye regenerates, together with her arms and she just simply starts to fight back before Eren can regenerate.
    Although its posible that the author was trying to indicate something with those first 3 panels on that page:

Quote Quote:
    A question: by this theory even the short 5 meters titan had a human inside them?
    Maybe 5 meter titans were babies. xD

But still, this could explain the difference in behavior patterns between titans from Connie's village and titans that have been in wild for a while. Even the deviants.
    The complete integration of people into titans probably takes a while. Since titans from people in Connie's village were only recently transformed, they still didn't listen completly to Ape titans commands:
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/34
    They attacked each other, maybe some past neighbour arguments while they were humans?
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/39
    Also they were active at night and were pretty fast when running because they didn't need to rely on solar energy yet since they could still exaust their human stamina.
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/20

It's also revealed that Ryner and Ymir know this mechanics:
    http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...ter_46/page_14

The deviants could be those who still had some past life patterns left deep in their conciousness.
    Maybe it could be influenced by strong will, if you have a cause strong enough. Maybe even strong enough to remebemer someone from human life?
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/16/11
    As well as Connie's mother:
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/38/6
    Last edited by ImmortalZodd; June 08, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    But then why would they kill people by eating them?

Annie was unable to move her arms and was regenerating the other eye. The moment when she ''notices'' Eren losing it, is actually the moment when her eye regenerates, together with her arms and she just simply starts to fight back before Eren can regenerate.
    Although its posible that the author was trying to indicate something with those first 3 panels on that page:
    Was just about to mention that 3 extra panels before, but you said it yourself XD The author always feels to me he has a sneaky way of foreshadowing events while making it seem natural :P So I usually don't let these seemingly "meaningly" panels pass.

I really can't answer the Titans eating people question, though in other series there are ideas when they generate an attachment to certain people so strong they can't control themselves and ending up eat their victims. If they were really originally people, then losing their mind and giving in to this "desire," while unlocking their carnivorous nature, seems to make somewhat sense.

I really agree with the rest of your post. Though the Titan that attacked another Titan looks like a kid playing around more than anything else. In any case, as Reiner suggests, they really aren't your usual Titans. For a fact, Titan Eren attacking other Titans seem to be the first known case of Titans attacking each other, and they didn't know about Eren's status back then. This would be the first "non-shifter" on-screen attacking another "non-shifter." Definitely something conspicuous.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think titans eat people simply because that's how they are created by the Ape titan.

Quote Quote:
    Though the Titan that attacked another Titan looks like a kid playing around more than anything else.
    Maybe that's why that titan didn't listen to the Ape titan instruction. Since it was a child transformed into a titan, perhaps he couldn't understand the Ape titan's command since he didn't learn to talk yet.
    That is, if we still follow the theory that 3-5 meter class titans were originaly children. It even looks a bit like a baby, with big head and big eyes:
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/33

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I always believed that titans came from devoured humans with the exception of annie and eren, those two were clearly injected with. As for reiner and bert their circumstances are very odd.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast