Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: All these Theories are killing me !

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

All these Theories are killing me !

So today i looked at 3 different theories , really i found people smart enough to know

important plot points from 20 chapters apart , i never knew people focus this much in the

manga , any way , one guy says that humanity lost and eren got sent to past as seen in

the beginning of episode 1 hence "to the you 2000 years later " title , another that titans

are actually shape-shifters hence when eren fought annie(sorry can't past link) when he

loses his mind , he starts merging and annie knows so she touches him to let him feel a

human again meaning when they lose their mind they merge , last one was that guy who

said that its an experiment to see if humanity will unite and not fight all their lives between

themselves and since this is a manga so it is most likely is , now all these theories in my

opinion i sure as hell don't want to be true , i mean the only reason i got into this cause i

thought its about mystical stuff and titans like kronous and atlas , now tell me you guys

what is the most probable one of all these 3 , lastly sorry but i want this question

answered it might seem stupid but please bear with me , why please in the HELL are the

titans so smiley? they eat people so cruelly yet they smile all the time like their mouths are

teared apart from their smile . like the one who ate eren's mother OMG do i hate his grin ,

the other one who was going to kill masha and connie , she looked too child like and

annoying as hell , does that got an explanation ? i know japan tends to make psycho like

faces to make it real but they are sooo smiley? WHY? its driving me crazy , i mean annie ,

berthold ,reiner ,eren and that ape titan don't smile why the rest please answer this its so

getting on my nerves . I'm really sorry about this huge thread but i really can't wait for the

next chapter and i want these questions answered , please ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All these Theories are killing me !

Not all the titans are smileys.
    For example the one that ate Thomas in the Trost arc was not smiling.
    Same for others titans with "strange face" but not smile.
    Then I think it's only a way for the author to make the titan more "creepy".
    That's all.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya ya your usual japanese creepy theme , although come to think of it I'm having certain trouble or difficulties..... about being in the dark seriously nothing even made me twitch as the titan who ate eren's mother actually i can't go to dark places in the night nor sleep comfortably especially since my house looks like an abandoned house in the night or maybe its just me hallucinating I really GOtta stop watching that first episode GIVES ME THE CREEPS! OMG why did i watch this anime in the first place!?

Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my best hypothesis, considering the fact that were divulged so far.

I believe Reiner, Berthold and Annie come from an underground village of shapeshifters, located outside the outermost wall, where everyone was a shapeshifter from birth (i.e. it's a genetic trait) and where it's a common belief that humans cannot become shapeshifters, under any circumstances.

They grew up as soldiers there and were ordered to bring down the human walls. Apart from being ordered to do it, they are able to do this because they consider humans inferior and without hope of ever seriously engaging with the titans. However, everything changes once they discover Eren, a human turned shapeshifter...

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

But if they are human-shapeshifters and their aim is killing titans , don't you think they would help the humans ? i mean if they are humans , they do have compassion for their kind , what i think ? actually i can't come up with anything not close to this , i think the first titan that appeared the one that killed moses , that guy is somekind of boss , he is bald , he has scars ! never seen anytitan like him not to mention him not bothering with them around him and not die after hit in the nape of the neck , from the looks of it things like this are plot points in the future , if we can understand his purpose then we understand the rest , although like you said reiner spoke as if humans are bugs or insects , their lives didn't matter to him , but im really sad berthold is bad , he looked so defenseless , i can't believe he ate that guy , this thinking is killing , when is the next chapter coming out any way ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo Reiner, Berthold and Annie are not nazi-like soldiers. They wanted to kill all the people inside the walls for a revenge feeling. Probably cuz the people who live out of the wall have a big grudge against them for some reason.

If you check others threads you will find some speculations about who built the wall: rich and important people that leave poor people behind them being eat by the titan while they flee into a "promise land beyond the sea". And probably the rich people was the first cause of the titan problem itself.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

I know , i saw all that but reiner said that he was stupid to act on orders and that they were brats not knowing anything that means he was a blind soldier obeying commands , if you saw the new cover for chapter 46 , eren gets presented to the ape titan , that is what i came out of the pic , at any rate , I don't think there was anyone living outside the wall before 100 years ago maybe before 107 but thats it , the titans are alot more than humans , they would have found out the villages , don't believe anyone who tells you anything , titans seem to find people if they are numerous and they never get tired so sooner or later they were gonna find them , what confuses me tho about how did ymir attack reiner and berthold that is the most confusing thing for me till now , at any rate i heard the next chapter is supposed to come by this week end or next at most , cheers up m8 '-' !

New Reply