Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is Mayuri's experiments about?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is Mayuri's experiments about?

Tosens death was very questionable, he was a character that was a focal point of the story and he just kinda popped like a balloon, and why did he pop like a balloon the other Shinigami arrancar hybrids didn't pop like that and I think his bankai would be excellent against the quicies, but Yea maybe its an anti quicy weapon but I feel Tosen deserves better than popping like a balloon, just wishful thinking on my part

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as Urahara explained to Isshin, Hollowfication usually leads to Soul Suicide by making the soul unstable, unless an opposing form of power is added in equal amount. I actually don't get why Tousen didn't go pop sooner, since he had no Quincy power to counter Hollow ones. I suppose the Hogyoku allowed him to get as far as he did. I imagine that the reason he exploded in the end was because his defeat weakened him, making his powers 'wobbly' if you know what I mean. I guess at that point they lost balance with each other and Soul Suicide took place.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mayuri scraped Tousen up and ran an analysis, but I don't see what further use he could have for him right now. Hollowfication is illegal and more to the point, as far as Mayuri's concerned, it's a thoroughly explored and understood area of development. There's nothing more for him to learn about it, and Mayuri's all about uncovering new things.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been explained already that the gibberish that's heard from the camera is totally unrealted to Tousen. I guess he is out of the story now. This isn't Naruto, chars don't come back here from proved death.

My prediction is that the experiment is making a new artificial human, similar to Nemu. But that one will, in a some way, be more specialized to fight Quincies. It'd also be a good opportunity to show more about that type of experiment
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    It's been explained already that the gibberish that's heard from the camera is totally unrealted to Tousen. I guess he is out of the story now. This isn't Naruto, chars don't come back here from proved death.

My prediction is that the experiment is making a new artificial human, similar to Nemu. But that one will, in a some way, be more specialized to fight Quincies. It'd also be a good opportunity to show more about that type of experiment
    I hope your right about the artificial human theory and one that will negate the Quincy Bankai stealing ability but I'm gona go further and hope it's Kira he's doing this all to. The way see it is if Mayuri can come back after his fight with final form Uryu and if Hinamori is still alive this may not be too far fetched. Throw in how there was tension between Kira and the 12 squad VC right after the quincy's declared war, then he gets half his body blown away, then not alot of people would expect this.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri may go Aizen mode and develop some target hollowification wich only has effect on quincies. That would be the sickest massacre in Bleach.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Hollowfication is illegal
    Which may be the reason why Mayuri disabled all surveillance in his room. Whatever Mayuri is doing, there's a high possibility it's something Central 46 wouldn't approve. However, they've accepted four Visoreds back into Gotei 13, and Mashiro is even allowed to use her Hollow powers during training sessions, so they might have lifted the ban on Hollowfication.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cristina23's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    ".........ネ" Ne (in Katakana) - in all likeliness an ending of a word. As it is written in Katakana (and not Hiragana) it is likely a foreign word/not native Japanese word - it could be a name though.
    Could it be Nemu(ネム)? Then that ka..na..ne speech bubble probably belongs to Mayury, he just told something to Nemu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Which may be the reason why Mayuri disabled all surveillance in his room. Whatever Mayuri is doing, there's a high possibility it's something Central 46 wouldn't approve. However, they've accepted four Visoreds back into Gotei 13, and Mashiro is even allowed to use her Hollow powers during training sessions, so they might have lifted the ban on Hollowfication.
    Could be. It might be that they've only lifted the ban on Hollowfication because SS is in pretty dire straits right now. I find it odd that Rose didn't use his mask against Nanana, since by the looks of it he was on the losing end of that battle. Still, they let the Vaizards back, but technically the Vaizards weren't guilty of anything. It was Aizen who Hollowifed them in the first place, and that's the crime. They're just victims of it. But Mayuri may well be doing something involving Hollowfication using the bodies of the Arrancar he's gathered. He might be developing some kind of shock troop to use against the Vandenreich, whose powers can't be stolen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmm that's true, Vizored might be back on SS, but we haven't see them using hollow powers except for Mashiro and she just appeared now, I believe is has something to do with the bodies found on HM... remember this...
    "Mayuri knows what is going on"
    "Mayuri's research will be the key to this arc. Specifically his study on bodies will be the main part of this arc"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I wish it were Tousen, but I highly doubt it is. I expect Aizen's Bankai to take care of that wish though.

As it was stated in this thread, it is most likely the specimen he found in Szayel's lab. The secrecy could be due to mainly the fact that whatever he is working on would be frowned upon by SS. Also it's possible that since the lab is in shambles he needed a different workspace and his room offered the things he needed.

It is quite possible that he is no longer looking into the Bankai problem as well. Maybe a certain man in a hat and clogs told him he has that covered and he should work on whatever he is working on.
    Speaking of which, remember that the "certain man in a hat and clogs" struck a deal with Grimmjow (the mysterious person outside the tent in HM was obviously him going by his sleeve)? It could be that whatever Mayuri is working on has something to do with this???
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought it was pretty obvious that what mayuri is toying with were the corpses from szayel's lab.
    On a side note, mayuri could be prepping SS with the same material szayel used against ishida in his lab, the one that repels reishi collection or something like that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the thing Mayuri was working on has something to do with the package that he sent to Hiyori? If the stuff that was sent to the Vizards can really clean up the distortion caused by the Quincies slaughter of Hollows, then perhaps the technology used to create it is Taboo (as they would have used it earlier if it wasn't)...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Black Star's Avatar
    Country
    Qatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri did experiments on quincies way before,he also tells ishida that he did experiments on his grand dad.Maybe Mayuri is bringing a experimented quincy or Ishida's Grand dad back?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nacer666's Avatar
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin maybe?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he will find a way to prevent bankai's from being stolen

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast