Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Nemu and Uyru mom seem similar

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nemu and Uyru mom seem similar

what do you think

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nemu and Uyru mom seem similar

No. Katagiri is cute. Nemu is outright creepy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    I think you have that backwards...
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    I think you have that backwards...
    Both of you are wrong. Both are cute. So yes TC, both are indeed similar.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Both of you are wrong. Both are cute. So yes TC, both are indeed similar.
    They aren't similar at all! Katagiri can cry and smile, and disobey Ryuken occasionally. And Nemu lets her own father do her. Come on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

What a weird thread xD

But on a serious note, Nemu seems to have weak emotions, while she clearly has some, they don't seem that strong.
    Whereas Katagiri seems to have strong emotions, but isn't showing them clearly because she can't, other than her happy/sad expressions.

If Katagiri had the freedom to do as she liked, she might have had the chance to be happy like Masaki, not just as much though, since Masaki was an extra ordinary happy girl.
    But Katagiri is/was a bit like a slave I suspect, having to do the pureblood Quincies bidding, it's hard to be happy, or even show emotions if you want to survive that.
    I doubt any "halfblood" Quincies work for the pureblood Quincies willingly, I'm sure they're ard forced to it, one way or another.

So Nemu seems more emotionless by design but not completely without emotions, while Katagiri is struggling to hide hers because she has to.

One may question whether Nemu would show more emotions if she had the freedom, but I don't think she would, not even from day one from her "birthday".
    It didn't seem like she developed her personality, it was designed, albeit she might have developed a bit over time.
    Last edited by Quantized; June 04, 2013 at 08:36 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    What a weird thread xD

But on a serious note, Nemu seems to have weak emotions, while she clearly has some, they don't seem that strong.
    Whereas Katagiri seems to have strong emotions, but isn't showing them clearly because she can't, other than her happy/sad expressions.

If Katagiri had the freedom to do as she liked, she might have had the chance to be happy like Masaki, not just as much though, since Masaki was an extra ordinary happy girl.
    But Katagiri is/was a bit like a slave I suspect, having to do the pureblood Quincies bidding, it's hard to be happy, or even show emotions if you want to survive that.
    I doubt any "halfblood" Quincies work for the pureblood Quincies willingly, I'm sure they're ard forced to it, one way or another.

So Nemu seems more emotionless by design but not completely without emotions, while Katagiri is struggling to hide hers because she has to.

One may question whether Nemu would show more emotions if she had the freedom, but I don't think she would, not even from day one from her "birthday".
    It didn't seem like she developed her personality, it was designed, albeit she might have developed a bit over time.
    i think saying that they are slaves is going too far, i believe it has a lot more to do with tradition and simple survival chances (toghether is better then alone) then being forced to, although i can see how coercion might have played its role through history to make things turn out this way.
    but regardless i doubt that soukens family would coerce anyone, they are just sticking to the tradition, there is no way souken would do bad things, my old man fanboy side will not allow that!

but on the matter of katagiri and nemu, i can see the similarities and the diferences as well, i love both characters already and i dont think we know enough of nemu to say she has "weak" emotions, repressed? certainly, but we dont know theyr extent yet. and as for nemu's relationship with her father, it shure sucks, but on the little pannels that appear on the end of charpters i remember reading about it and it seemed taht in many cases it is a more normal relationship, its not that mayuri hates or despises nemu in any way, its just that he is a psycopath, in a weird way he likes her as his daughter.
    Last edited by SoulAuron; June 04, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoulAuron View Post
    i think saying that they are slaves is going too far, i believe it has a lot more to do with tradition and simple survival chances (toghether is better then alone) then being forced to, although i can see how coercion might have played its role through history to make things turn out this way.
    but regardless i doubt that soukens family would coerce anyone, they are just sticking to the tradition, there is no way souken would do bad things, my old man fanboy side will not allow that!

but on the matter of katagiri and nemu, i can see the similarities and the diferences as well, i love both characters already and i dont think we know enough of nemu to say she has "weak" emotions, repressed? certainly, but we dont know theyr extent yet. and as for nemu's relationship with her father, it shure sucks, but on the little pannels that appear on the end of charpters i remember reading about it and it seemed taht in many cases it is a more normal relationship, its not that mayuri hates or despises nemu in any way, its just that he is a psycopath, in a weird way he likes her as his daughter.
    hmm, yeah, but I can't really picture any alternative, sure tradition through initial enforcement in the past could have made the current traditions, but it just seems like they got no say in matters.
    Could they leave a pureblood Quincy house if they wanted to? Is what I would really like to know.

I agree that we don't know enough about Nemu, so as for me going as far as calling her emotions weak is a bit of a stretch.
    Albeit she seems to really easily accept her fate, is she happy? Is she unhappy? *shrugh*

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Reflecting on it, I would actually really enjoy to learn more about Katagiri and the "so called" halfblood Quincies.
    I wonder if there is any chance of that, now that Bach seemingly killed them all, or did he?
    Bach handpicked his victims, so it's fair to say that it wasn't some "area of effect" ability he used?

Did put the questions in spoiler tags, since it's practically off-topic.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    hmm, yeah, but I can't really picture any alternative, sure tradition through initial enforcement in the past could have made the current traditions, but it just seems like they got no say in matters.
    Could they leave a pureblood Quincy house if they wanted to? Is what I would really like to know.

I agree that we don't know enough about Nemu, so as for me going as far as calling her emotions weak is a bit of a stretch.
    Albeit she seems to really easily accept her fate, is she happy? Is she unhappy? *shrugh*

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Reflecting on it, I would actually really enjoy to learn more about Katagiri and the "so called" halfblood Quincies.
    I wonder if there is any chance of that, now that Bach seemingly killed them all, or did he?
    Bach handpicked his victims, so it's fair to say that it wasn't some "area of effect" ability he used?

Did put the questions in spoiler tags, since it's practically off-topic.
    Spoiler show
    i have mentioned in other threads before, but just to make sure you see it, it was never mentioned that bach killed the impure quincy whose power he stole, in fact it was clearly said that katagiri and masaki died for reasons other then loosing theyr power, one was killed by grand fisher, the other sucumbed to illness, in both cases bach killed them indirectly, if it werent for their specific circumstances they wouldnt have died just from having their power stolen.
    i also think that Juhabach chose his targets, and that probably he targeted all the inpure arround the whole world.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Nemu is any product of Uryuus mother, Mayuris isn't gonna survive round 2 with Uryuu.

They are strangly similar...its a slim theory but I'll support it just for balistic outcome that would result!

New Reply