Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Ultimate Foreshadow from the Great War

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ultimate Foreshadow from the Great War

I've been going through one piece a bunch lately and heres what i've come up for the end

The foreshadow from the great war by whitebeard is when he says the marines are all afraid of that one battle where a man will challenge the whole world to a fight.

I believe this will come from luffy

But for luffy to challenge the world like that there would have to be something that the navy/world government did to cause it because otherwise it'd seem pointless.

My theory is that the world government/navy will aquire one or more of the ancient weapons, we already know the information on Poseidon has already been leaked to Caribou

For luffy to actually challenge them he would have to have a lot of power, i believe there will be 2 keys to this.

First of all this is where what hawkeye said about luffy having the power to make everyone his ally during the war will strongly come into play.
    But also i believe that the Worst Generation will be a large key(excluding blackbeard just can't see anyone wanting him around and he should be dead by then i think), i think througout one piece before luffy finds the one piece, that they will all be constant enemies, we already know jewelry bonnie somehow escaped the marines after getting captured by blackbeard. But ultimately i believe in this fight they will all fight together.

Other allies i see happening in this are
    Dragon/Revolutionary Army
    Aokiji
    Whitebeard Pirates
    Shanks
    Coby
    & Other allies made along the journey

The void Century is extremely covered up by the government and its pretty obvious that during it they controlled the ancient weapons and caused mass destruction, So for the final battle i see History repeating itself and luffy creates the force to oppose it.

Dono just a thought, let me know what you think.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darth volcaniz's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ultimate Foreshadow from the Great War

you make a good point. but i have an similar theory that ties in. in regards to that 1 man the WG fears. . . . . it manifests itself in the form of 1 family name. MONKEY. Dragon represents the political threat that the WG is already sweating from. and his son represents the military threat. we saw this with how Luffy's mere presence twisted the course of the great war. so when the time comes, Monkey D. will wage war against the WG.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i definitely see luffy being the man who leads the rebellion against the celestial dragons

and by attacking them you are taking on the world in a sense

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TestCorp123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this depends on a few things. I won't get into all of my predictions, but if Luffy inherited Roger's will, I don't believe he is the one. I do think he will play a key part in the fight, but I get the feeling that Luffy is like Roger, the messenger/keeper. I think Robin will read the tablet, and deliver the news to Dragon. I believe Dragon is the person Roger was waiting for.

Either way, Luffy will be participating in the fight. By that time I hope he is already the pirate king, as the WG's strength may be underrated currently.

I do agree that a WMD could be a trigger, as I can see Luffy going to war for the princess, but I don't think the WG used them, I think the WG attacked that other country because they wanted them, and because they wanted to be THE global power. Oda and One Piece have so many possibilities that I can barely contain my excitement. On the other hand, this series will most likely be in serialization for at least another decade, if not longer.

New Reply