Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Legacy of a Quincy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The Legacy of a Quincy

Looked for a thread where all knowledge and theories we got on Quincy is gathered, in particular halfblood Quincy since Ishida Uryu practically is one. Uryu he seems to have a lot of focus in the current final arc, and might end up pretty powerful despite of his halfblood legacy.
    Understanding both pureblood and halfblood gives a lot of answers, and there still seem to be many questions and theories to go with.
    Did not find such a thread, so here goes

Some questions to start with.
    Are the halfblood weaker? Why?
    Is Uryu weaker than his father?
    What is a Quincy Soul?
    Have there been Shinigami who once was a Quincy?

What do you think the Quincy history was like?
    The two Quincy wars?
    Bach's history?

So, what is your take on Quincies?
    Last edited by Quantized; June 04, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Legacy of a Quincy

Purebloods have Blut since birth, while Gemischts have to get it through training. That should say something about the difference between their strength. (tbh I've no idea lol. Maybe it's not strength but natural talent.)

When Ichigo brought up Ishida's name, Quilge immediately though of Uryu and not Ryuken. Uryu must be stronger of the two.

As for the rest of the questions, we can only guess. Humans go to the Soul Society after they die, I don't see why Quincies should be an exception. Mayuri got his hands on thousands of Quincy souls. Unless he ordered the collection upon the death of every single one of them, they do go to SS. Although, I'm curious about that Schatten Bereich thing. Is that a special Quincy SS, or something different?

Since arrancars like Asguiaro can develop Quincy powers, I don't see why Soul Reapers can't. With special training, maybe. As for "died a Quincy, became a Soul Reaper" scenario, I don't know.

Quincy history is tied with Yhwach, of that I'm sure. We need to know more. Kubo!

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

would be relly gresome if many of the quincy arrancar are in fact made by yhwach raping halibel over and over, and then the children develop really fast because they are hollow, kind of like a storm trooper army, wouldnt that be fiting?
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Spoiler show

Some questions to start with.
    Are the halfblood weaker? Why?
    Is Uryu weaker than his father?
    What is a Quincy Soul?

What do you think the Quincy history was like?
    The two Quincy wars?
    Bach's history?

So, what is your take on Quincies?
    I'm going to answer most of your questions but i think the order should start from the bottom and move up, but anyway here it goes.

Bach's history i think can only be theorized at this point so this is mine, he was part of the shinigami and was an official of some kind, kind of on the same level, as Yama was considered. Yama and Bach may have been rival schools but also had military duties to deal with different sectors of dimensions, Bach ended up becoming 'drunk' with power and started using a forbidden technique which instead of cleansing souls in hollows it irradiated them, this angered Soul King who ordered an extermination pf Bach and his followers, so Yama had to follow the orders.

i think that answers Bach's history? The two Quincy wars, well the theory above answers the 1st war but not the 2nd so here goes, basically i think Yama truly thought Bach was dead but Bach managed to find a way to live on by giving all of his followers a percentage of his blood/power. The next war was due to SK still making a fuss that he wasn't getting enough boob(souls) because a small pocket of Bach's school of Quincy was still defending themselves the only way they knew.

Right on to last few questions i'll try to answer them, i'll start with Uryuu weaker then his dad.
    Short answer he is at this moment, the reason he has gone to the VR ranks is because he learnt from his dad what it truly means to be quincy, him not being a Pureblood means he has to train to use blunt vene, and the only way to do that is 'train' under Bach himself.

I doubt it. if there is its urahara but unlikely
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsubasa Re: The Legacy of a Quincy

Maybe quincy power are all a piece of yhwach's soul
    its almost like a curse that quincy pass on or like a fullbring...
    each piece of his soul is like a seed that feeds and grows in each quincy
    his power grows as quincy multiply, and he take any piece back to add to the strength of his body
    if anyones read kurozakuro ... he may be sort of like that
    Essentially he's a parasite

Still he is the "Emperor" that grants the Quincy power
    There's always two ways of looking at people in power parasites or kings who deserve your respect and life

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hopeandlight View Post
    Maybe quincy power are all a piece of yhwach's soul
    its almost like a curse that quincy pass on or like a fullbring...
    each piece of his soul is like a seed that feeds and grows in each quincy
    his power grows as quincy multiply, and he take any piece back to add to the strength of his body
    if anyones read kurozakuro ... he may be sort of like that
    Essentially he's a parasite

Still he is the "Emperor" that grants the Quincy power
    There's always two ways of looking at people in power parasites or kings who deserve your respect and life
    and which way you will look at them depends on what they do woth that power and with theyr followers, which doesnt speak highly of yhwach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Many interestingting thoughts in the thread alrady

Also something suspecious that I came across, I can't shake the idea that Ikumi has spiritual powers of sorts, here are the clues that really need some explanation.
    • She does not seem to bother about the door behind Ichigo opening by itself when Isshin walks out behind Ichigo in his shinigami form.
    • Ichigo is saying good-bye to his Dad despite that he's around in his shinigami form, she didn't react to that being weird, if she can't see him, she should have reacted to that.
    • Ichigo starts behaving weird by the Asauchi that comes down from the sky ontop of him, and probably from her perspective, talks right into the empty air.

Spoiler show

It's almost as if Isshin and Ikumi know each others, and I don't think she's a Shinigami, but the possibility is still there, she could for example be a Shiba living near Isshin for whatever reason.
    The other possibility could be that she's one of the surviving Quincies, she might not be a pureblood, but she could have survived for whatever reason, and was loyal or in family with Masaki.
    That could lead an explanation to why she protects Ichigo this badly, despite she hardly knows Ichigo.

Heck, Ichigo hardly comes to work, and work is all that really are between them from Ichigo's perspective, so why, why is Ikumi looking after Ichigo this much? Why is she not behaving weird when she is seeing weird things happening around her, like Ichigo talking into blue air like some crazy guy talking to himself?

Could she be a Quincy? A Quincy would make perfect sense, because they're really good at hiding. Apparently Quincy don't easily get detected because they draw powers inwards when they need them, and not outward like Shinigami. So Shinigami are much easier to detect, unless they're doing something about this outward flow.

So who is Ikumi? Could she really be a surviving Quincy?
    Personally I think she is, there will have to be some good hearted Quincies left after this Quincy vs. Shinigami war, who can bring a new future, for example Shinigami and Quincy working together like Souken attempted to archieve.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Seui's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed this thread after posting in the 540's discussion having similar thoughts about the Quincy...well Yhwach to be more precise. I'll just quote a couple of things that pertain to your topic:

- There was a time before Asauchi were created (1000 years ago as well, correct?)...therefore Zanpakutō. What were Shinigami using to materialize their abilities during this time?

- Did Yhwach discover reishi absorbsion/manipulation as a human? If he was a human at the time, how did he come to possess such abilities? What made his bloodline special allowing him to pass down his abilities...?

We know Fullbringer's gained their abilities to manipulate the souls in objects because their parents survived a Hollow attack. Therefore passing the Hollow's powers onto the child.

We know Yhwach is the progenitor of all Quincy...so if he were a human at the time. He can be considered the first human to gain access to supernatural powers. How he passes (Or Bestows his power, as the Quincy say) his power on is still a gray area.

However...if Yhwach was indeed dead my guess would be what I theorized in the 540 discussion. Before Quincy were born from Yhwach, or Shinigami created Ausauchi to forge their Zanpakuto; The powers/abilities utilized by spirits in general before either race was founded. It mainly consisted of Reishi manipulation/absorbsion.

After all, what's stopping higher level spirits from manipulating reishi?

Now where it starts to get foggy is exactly how he passed his power on...
    Quincy as we know it are human...so was Yhwach a spirit that had a child with a human? That wouldn't make sense though because during the two wars as you mentioned, there were a lot of Quincy.

So he really did bestow his power onto a group of humans/spirits...? That would mean...if he passed his power onto others, and was still strong enough to fight Yama in his Bankai (Loss or not, he still held his own)...where/how was he drawing that much power from?

This opens up more questions then answers for sure...but I think Yhwach's Vandenreich HQ might be an ancient ground as old as SS itself (If not even older). He can't be away from their too long as the Shadows drag him back (The same way all Vandenreich travel). I think this place holds many of the answers were looking for...it may even be what/where he was imprisoned after defeat.

All I know is as far-fetched as it seems...Ichigo's black GT looks awfully familiar to those shadows.

PS: Just remembered, do Fullbringers keep their abilities after death when they become spirits? Because if so, makes you wonder... (Like I said, I think by the end Kubo's going to reveal each race is more similar then we think)
    Last edited by Seui; June 08, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seui View Post
    Just noticed this thread after posting in the 540's discussion having similar thoughts about the Quincy...well Yhwach to be more precise. I'll just quote a couple of things that pertain to your topic:

- There was a time before Asauchi were created (1000 years ago as well, correct?)...therefore Zanpakutō. What were Shinigami using to materialize their abilities during this time?

- Did Yhwach discover reishi absorbsion/manipulation as a human? If he was a human at the time, how did he come to possess such abilities? What made his bloodline special allowing him to pass down his abilities...?

We know Fullbringer's gained their abilities to manipulate the souls in objects because their parents survived a Hollow attack. Therefore passing the Hollow's powers onto the child.

We know Yhwach is the progenitor of all Quincy...so if he were a human at the time. He can be considered the first human to gain access to supernatural powers. How he passes (Or Bestows his power, as the Quincy say) his power on is still a gray area.

However...if Yhwach was indeed dead my guess would be what I theorized in the 540 discussion. Before Quincy were born from Yhwach, or Shinigami created Ausauchi to forge their Zanpakuto; The powers/abilities utilized by spirits in general before either race was founded. It mainly consisted of Reishi manipulation/absorbsion.

After all, what's stopping higher level spirits from manipulating reishi?

Now where it starts to get foggy is exactly how he passed his power on...
    Quincy as we know it are human...so was Yhwach a spirit that had a child with a human? That wouldn't make sense though because during the two wars as you mentioned, there were a lot of Quincy.

So he really did bestow his power onto a group of humans/spirits...? That would mean...if he passed his power onto others, and was still strong enough to fight Yama in his Bankai (Loss or not, he still held his own)...where/how was he drawing that much power from?

This opens up more questions then answers for sure...but I think Yhwach's Vandenreich HQ might be an ancient ground as old as SS itself (If not even older). He can't be away from their too long as the Shadows drag him back (The same way all Vandenreich travel). I think this place holds many of the answers were looking for...it may even be what/where he was imprisoned after defeat.

All I know is as far-fetched as it seems...Ichigo's black GT looks awfully familiar to those shadows.

PS: Just remembered, do Fullbringers keep their abilities after death when they become spirits? Because if so, makes you wonder... (Like I said, I think by the end Kubo's going to reveal each race is more similar then we think)
    it was said that fullbringers loose all trace of their ability when they die, i dont remember who said it, but it was in the fullbringer arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/537/11

This page alone is probably one of the biggest clues as to what quincies are, the page before it also has the same theme, but then this is coming from Ishhin and Soul Society.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

SoulAuron
    No, it was a bit different. Not that Fullbringers were said to loose their powers, when they die, but the effect of the power casted on someone looses its effect, when Fullbringer die. It was this way with all Ichigo´s friends who experienced Tsukishima´s ability.
    As it seems after their death they didn´t loose their ability, since they are currently training Ganju Shiba in SS

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    SoulAuron
    No, it was a bit different. Not that Fullbringers were said to loose their powers, when they die, but the effect of the power casted on someone looses its effect, when Fullbringer die. It was this way with all Ichigo´s friends who experienced Tsukishima´s ability.
    As it seems after their death they didn´t loose their ability, since they are currently training Ganju Shiba in SS
    we never saw them using their abilities, and ive read it again, all he said is: "when a fullbringer dies, all traces of their abilities disapear" he desnt specify wether they loose it or not, we know that jakie loses it though, but we dont know if that will be the case for everyone, but i suspect that if they hadnt lost it they would not have let themselves be taken to SS by some random shinigamy and would have fought to stay or something.
    as for their training with ganju, i believe they dont have to use fullbring anymore, i suspect that now in this last arc a lot of people who lost their powers are going to use a diferent way to fight, something that came before shinigamy powers and that is a lot more natural, i dont believe that the captains wothout bankai will recover them at all, but instead they will learn how to use this "original power".

New Reply