Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 47 Discussion / 48 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 47 Discussion / 48 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Mangastream=crappy? Heck, they're the best scanlators out there for Naruto. We guys are lucky for having mangastream doing the scanlations for Shingeki. They're like the professionals amongst scanlators.

Ever since Reiner and Bert were revealed to be titans, that's when a rise of people started complaining about how there's nothing going on in the latest chapters...The pace has always been like that since the beginning of the manga.

I have a feeling that Reiner pointing out Bert having a crush on Annie was actually the author trolling us. Shippers tend to ship even if its the slightest of interactions and Reiner seems to be one. Delusional. XDDD. Then again Bert does seem to stay with Annie if he's not with Reiner. He's also the only one who stared back at her when she went for the Military Police with a worried face. No wonder Reiner ships them. He's as delusional as you're average shipper(like me XDDD).

Plus! I finally have it confirmed. Annie wears pants! XDD The rest of the chapters in her civilian outfit tend to obscure her lower half. Yes. XDDD. Like Ymir, huh. XDD
    And people were saying there was no romance in SNK...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Berthold is not a complete sociopath, it looks like he cared about his dead friend and about Annie.

Quote Quote:
    Based on this chapter i also have a feeling that Grisha was eaten by Eren.. If it is true, guess what will Eren do?
    Though there might be chance that's not really happen..
    Yes, Eren totally useless here.. lol
    That would be a really sickly turn of events but it would be a good explanation to why Grisha never showed up with his informations about the titans.

Quote Quote:
    Hmm, so if they could turn back being human again they would be shapeshifter..
    Then, Connie's mom (i really thought that titan lying in Connie's house was really his mom) could be a shapeshifter too.. omg it's hilarious..
    Take into account the time Ymir needed to regain her mind, by the time his mom would need too Connie would probably have died already or be a old man.

By the way, anyone willing to look into previous chapters for shots of Berthold looking at Annie?
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dass Jennir View Post
    Well Naruto is crap so...hehehe
    Well, true Naruto is one...Nevertheless, mangastream is one of the best scanlations group out there.
    Quote Quote:
    I guess it's because of the anime fans who are starting to read the manga. Some tend to complain when the story isn't 100% action.

I bet somewhere on the internet there are a few yaoi fangirls/fanboys with their hearts broken after reading this chapter...lol
    I think Isayama is telling us that we shippers are a Reiner. XDDDD. Crazy, dissociative and delusional people. I agree on the delusional and crazy part though. Then again a lot of OTP shippers seem to be angry at this chapter. XDDD

I already had my suspicion on Bert caring for Annie just because of that two pages(Chapter 21 pages 30-31 - TDX scans). But people have been saying that Bert is gay(Is this an offensive word?) for Reiner. So I kind of put it off as one of those things concerning the success of the mission. That's why this came a surprise for me. Never expected Bert to be straight.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So, who did Eren eat? It can't be Grisha. He probably ate of one those children who were threatening Armin... Anyone has an idea about /that/?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yumpo The author loves these small details.
    I was just looking over volume 4 and when Eren was talking about the Colossal Titan to the others trainees the camera shows Berthold and later when Eren starts talking about the Armored Titan the camera changes to Reiner...lol
    I wonder how many more of these Isayama is saving for future chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    So, who did Eren eat? It can't be Grisha. He probably ate of one those children who were threatening Armin... Anyone has an idea about /that/?
    We don't know if Eren eat someone we were just talking about the (small) possibility something like that may have occurred to Eren.
    Last edited by Dass Jennir; July 05, 2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    /that/?
    I think I know what you're getting at. It's still better than that random letter here:http://www.batoto.net/read/_/176327/..._ch46_by_tdx/5
    And mistaking Reiner and Ymir's conversation:http://www.batoto.net/read/_/135631/...ch38_by_tdx/29
    Remember that two of the bubbles in the second to the last panel isn't pointing at Reiner, so it was Ymir saying those lines. Not Reiner. Now TDX scans make it look like Reiner was confirming he isn't straight, when supposedly Ymir was pointing out that Reiner doesn't look straight.
    Also misspelling a bunch of words like vine. What's vine? It's suppose to be wine, right? Anyway, at least TDX scans is better than Gantz.
    Last edited by Yumpo; July 05, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah nice catch. Reiner sexual interest on Christa confirms that balloon was really said be Ymir.
    Truth be told i always found that phrase weird since Reiner had already showed interest for Christa ever since their mission outside Wall Rose.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So this confirms that Ymir was given a Titan serum around 60 yrs ago and was like a mindless Titan for 60 years and ate Berik in the end after which she was able to become human?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanihba2000 View Post
    So this confirms that Ymir was given a Titan serum around 60 yrs ago and was like a mindless Titan for 60 years and ate Berik in the end after which she was able to become human?
    This only confirms she was out there for 60 years. We can't say for sure it was some kind of injection that turned her into a titan neither can we imply when the events mentioned by Reiner and Berthold happened.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL every chapter of Snk is always a mindblowing one :''')

Is it me or...............I've never thought of eren's dad might get eaten by his own child OMG.....

and suddenly I get the impression that titans were made from random humans so that all the normal humans that are left would be reunited.......and somehow the king would be able to run a kingdom........may be, it's just my random prediction lol

How is this.......humans that were turned into titans went berserk 100 years ago is an experiment due to a somekind of a conspiracy.....to obtain a titan-controller instead of a titan-berserker-eating-humans and the result were annie, berthold and reiner, which had been living outside the wall in their titan form for ages, like ymir. and when ymir got a chance of infiltrating the wall 5 years ago, she suddenly manage to turn back into a human, meeting her lover christa, and manage to get into the soldier squad trainees.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

LOL so that means Reiner isn't straight.....but he has a sexual interest on christa? .___. and he said he wanna married her because christa had helped the squad which is attacked by Annie, right......

Bah I can't make the end of it

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyaqua View Post
    ---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

LOL so that means Reiner isn't straight.....but he has a sexual interest on christa? .___. and he said he wanna married her because christa had helped the squad which is attacked by Annie, right......

Bah I can't make the end of it
    Edited my post. Reiner didn't confirmed he wasn't straight. TDX scans made it look like he was confirming it(which he isn't). That two bubbles were Ymir's line.
    So the correct conversation goes like this:

Ymir: What a shocker, YOU didn't look like a guy who's interested in women...
    Reiner: Aah...You also don't look like a girl who's interested in men.
    Ymir: Haa...

They were basically playing ping pong words. I don't see Reiner confirming he isn't straight.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I know what you're getting at. It's still better than that random letter here:http://www.batoto.net/read/_/176327/..._ch46_by_tdx/5
    And mistaking Reiner and Ymir's conversation:http://www.batoto.net/read/_/135631/...ch38_by_tdx/29
    Remember that two of the bubbles in the second to the last panel isn't pointing at Reiner, so it was Ymir saying those lines. Not Reiner. Now TDX scans make it look like Reiner was confirming he isn't straight, when supposedly Ymir was pointing out that Reiner doesn't look straight.
    Also misspelling a bunch of words like vine. What's vine? It's suppose to be wine, right? Anyway, at least TDX scans is better than Gantz.
    I read that particular page in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, and Reiner says the exact same thing :/ I bet scanlation groups wait for the English scanlation to come out and then translate it from English. Wish I could find a European translation group that translates directly from Japanese...at least we would could compare to see which one is more accurate.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That makes much more sense than the series' author making a huge screw up like that.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
    I read that particular page in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, and Reiner says the exact same thing :/ I bet scanlation groups wait for the English scanlation to come out and then translate it from English. Wish I could find a European translation group that translates directly from Japanese...at least we would could compare to see which one is more accurate.
    It's actually a pain to translate from Japanese->Other Languages than to English->Other Languages. Using available English materials is the easiest way out. XDD

This page should be confirmed by Kodansha USA by this year, I hope. According to Amazon that is. Last time I checked, volume 9 was supposed to be released next year. But since the popularity of SnK went high up in the air, it seems like all volumes up to vol.10 is going to be released this year. O_O shocking. I hope this isn't going to affect their translating quality...
    Last edited by Yumpo; July 05, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dass Jennir View Post
    Well guess it was easy to Reiner who knows Berthold very well.
    That's what I was thinking. I was surprised at first but looking back, it makes sense actually.

Mangastream=crappy? Heck, they're the best scanlators out there for Naruto. We guys are lucky for having mangastream doing the scanlations for Shingeki. They're like the professionals amongst scanlators.
    Totally agree. I have had this conversation with people more than once before. My first thought actually was that MS is usually the slowest, but really that only applies to the so-called "Big Three" (they have a policy of waiting for others to release the chapters first). Their strength is they try to keep the tone and characters true to the original; their weakness is that in order to (theoretically) do that, they sometimes stray pretty far with liberties they take to find a decent localization. Usually they are very good about important details though I have seen them mix stuff up for OP before. I think those cases were more editing errors than translation errors though.
    Quote Quote:
    Plus! I finally have it confirmed. Annie wears pants! XDD The rest of the chapters in her civilian outfit tend to obscure her lower half. Yes. XDDD. Like Ymir, huh. XDD
    Ahahaha I guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by windy van View Post
    Ymir' reaction about their friend is similiar with Bertholdt's when Eren asked him last chapter..
    So, Betholdt is not really cold hearted, right? He even developed feelings called love.. haha..
    I like him so when people said they hate him i feel a bit sad..
    Me too, I like Bert. I really think he's just a total introvert. He only speaks out when he absolutely has to.

Quote Quote:
    Based on this chapter i also have a feeling that Grisha was eaten by Eren.. If it is true, guess what will Eren do?
    Though there might be chance that's not really happen..
    Yes, Eren totally useless here.. lol

Hmm, so if they could turn back being human again they would be shapeshifter..
    Then, Connie's mom (i really thought that titan lying in Connie's house was really his mom) could be a shapeshifter too.. omg it's hilarious..
    I feel like something went wrong with Conny's mom's transformation. She was supposed to be mindless but somehow something went differently for her? But also of interest: Her arms and legs were down to the bones. I wonder if she was mindless once too but something related to the odd state she was found in is the reason she has some grasp of reality. I say "some grasp" instead of assuming she's just like her "normal" self (mentally) because although I imagine it must make her happy to see her son again, that was a total lolwut?! moment because she should have been FREAKING OUT at being turned into a titan, shouldn't she? rofl...

I already had my suspicion on Bert caring for Annie just because of that two pages(Chapter 21 pages 30-31 - TDX scans). But people have been saying that Bert is gay(Is this an offensive word?) for Reiner. So I kind of put it off as one of those things concerning the success of the mission. That's why this came a surprise for me. Never expected Bert to be straight.
    Nah, "gay" is a fine word to use as long as you don't mean to use it as an insult.

They were basically playing ping pong words. I don't see Reiner confirming he isn't straight.
    Yeah the first time I saw that I didn't know what to think. At first I figured "Ah it's just the translation, they can't be gay" and then I remembered: Ymir jokingly asks Christa to "marry" her back in Trost (or is it anime-only... ?). And then look how she behaves in this latest chapter like she's all lovesick. Of course it's still *probably* totally platonic but there's some serious shoujo ai potential in there for folks who want such a layer added to the story.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast