Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 47 Discussion / 48 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 47 Discussion / 48 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    She remembers that she ate a boy.
    Nope, she doesn't. She doesn't remember a thing of those days, as said in the chit chat with Berth.

It's not like she remembers eating someone but can't recall who exactly, but rather is Berth directly asking "hey, you ate someone X years ago, do you remember anything about it?". So Ymir is deducting the person she ate had to be one of Berth's friends (it had to be someone close to him if he specifically asked about).

So nope, Ymir doesn't remember a thing (as far as info released up till now go, at least). In fact I would even say Ymir herself doesn't seem to be aware of how exactly she returned back to her human form. If she is aware, she hasn't shown yet.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Meanwhile she is in fact aware she "died" and that's quite a thing to have an awareness of. I don't think she knows how she regained humanity. I think that's a type of info RBA ("warriors") have that she wouldn't.

We're due for a new chapter in the next week or so, btw! XD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YipYip's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm also there was a Titan in one Chapter that knew Ymir, so she seems to be a very important women where ever she belongs to, because he was referring to her as "sama".
    here

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by YipYip View Post
    hmm also there was a Titan in one Chapter that knew Ymir, so she seems to be a very important women where ever she belongs to, because he was referring to her as "sama".
    here
    Whoa...I didn't put those two things together before.

Did the Titan think Ilse resembled Ymir and that's why he's "bowing" in one panel, or is he asking about her? I think the latter is more likely, but I don't know.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Whoa...I didn't put those two things together before.

Did the Titan think Ilse resembled Ymir and that's why he's "bowing" in one panel, or is he asking about her? I think the latter is more likely, but I don't know.
    The "great" in the English translation won't really make sense, but the original heavily implies it's meant to say something along the lines of "welcome back" or "glad to see you" in really polite language, plus the extreme bowing... so I'm guessing Ymir is important after all, but it's just a guess :/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also check out Ymir's thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...and-background, and keep this thread on topic, before mod gets mad again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner StrawNat's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This what I really like in this series.. fulk of twists and mysteries.. always wanting you to guess what will happen next..

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought of something. Altought it is only speculation and I don't have much evidence to back it up and I don't even really think it will turn out like that, I think it would be an interesting twist and I would find it pretty awesome if it did. So here goes :

What if the reason Titan ate people was despair. Like how animals might eat their offspright to save them from horrible circumstances. Reiner said he didn't think their world had a future, Ymir describe being a titan as being into a neverending nightmare and titan themselves have been pictured has feeling tortured. Also, Hanji mentionned things, perhaps not being as they seems. So maybe the titans are in some way conscious of a much bigger threat. Something which the wall cult would know about, since it was said that they consider protecting their secret more important than humanity's survival.
    Last edited by mirrorstorm; July 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how to take the wall cult "secret" comments, personally. I can't help thinking their secret might be something else that's equally important to humanity's survival, but they're forbidden to reveal even how important their secret is. That guy was convinced someone should say something but wouldn't say it himself, because obviously he wants to protect his, or his family's position in the Church's establishment. So he sends them to talk to Historia, and it's implicitly understood they are not to reveal that he told them to talk to her. You could say he is even trusting the Scouting squad not to get him in trouble with the cult hierarchy.

That's the maddening thing for me in the story right now. We need EXPOSITION. Hopefully next chapter we can hear from Miss Historia Weiss!!! Eren in particular needs to get this information into his head, so I want him to be there to hear it too. Perhaps he'll more often think before he acts if he gets a better idea of exactly what is going on in the world around him?

(My guess for now, btw, is that the simplest answer is true: the thing both Historia and Ymir can be ashamed of if they are both from noble families-- that they both wanted to run away from-- is that their families were among the few rich and powerful people who killed everyone else off when it was decided who would be boarding the voyages from the Old World to the New World. I think that a certain aspect of the pilot chapter-- the "plan" --which relates to this will exist in the canon manga as well, though the reasons for that "plan" being implemented may be different.)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get the impression that the church guy who wouldn't speak of the wall was doing it out of selfishness or something like that. Quite the oposite, he made the point that the secret was more important than his life, that he had no right to speak of it even at the cost of his life. It honestly seemed like he believed there was some greater cause behind the whole thing. I might be mistaken but I think he spoke in terms of historia being someone who has the right to speak of the contents of the wall at her discretion.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im super pumped for chapter 48. Im actually hoping that RBY manage to get away with eren and christa! Because if they get away we get to see where the heck they're going, where's their hometown, etc. I think alot more questions will be answered if they get away then if the scouts recapture eren.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Reyner's town too but I think Chap 48 will be all about fight between Reyner & co VS Scout legion, thats why you read in the last page "somebody's sacrifice is inescapable". I think maybe they get to rescue Eren but I don't think they get to rescue all (Eren, Crista and Ymir). Maybe they tell Reyner to trade Eren for Annie? But what I really expect is a big surprise event, like ape titan enters the fight or something, it would be crazy but awesome .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Cuba
    Post Thanks / Like

My predictions for chapter 48...RIP Hannes-san....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Jager View Post
    My predictions for chapter 48...RIP Hannes-san....
    Yes! yes! that activates Eren's berseker mode and he kills more people, Ymir, Berthold, etc... *Evil laugh*... No, to be honest that would be sad, my prediction is they agree to trade Eren for Annie.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

not annie...but maybe historia
    I also have a feeling mikasa is going to kill one of those guys...she was pretty pissed last time she seen them

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast