Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zahard....#goodorevil

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zahard....#goodorevil

short & simple.....

I think zahard is the true enemy here and playing everyone against each other....

he takes the daughters of the main families and hold contracts over the guardians....

so,basically...as far as we know now....is zahard good or evil to you...thoughts

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zahard....#goodorevil

I believe Zahard is too complex to be categorized as only evil or only good.

The way Ha Jinsung spoke about the goal of FUG was very clear to me, He left his family and everything behind just to pursue this goal.This can only mean one thing, Zahard did some bad things and it's normal, you can't just be the king of a Tower without making enemies along the way, especially when he's going to get blamed when any man of his empire happens to do something bad to someone else. Just look at people like Len/Ren, they're crazy as fuck but work under Zahard, who's going to get blamed if they do something that isn't liked or approved by many? Zahard of course.

I believe the royal enforcement divisions can also act without orders just like when Ren attacked Anak/Androssi because he felt they could be/become threats to Zahard.

However Zahard probably did some good things as well such as protecting everyone that belongs to his empire and probably many unknown stuffs.

I'm still wondering what's in the 135th floor and why Zahard is sleeping.

To summarize, A King is a King, he will always be hated by some and loved by some. And only him can know if deep down,he's evil or good.
    Last edited by Nast.J; June 05, 2013 at 09:11 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree...but all we have seen is he....forced his will/power on daughters of the 10 families....

doesn't sound to righteous to me....

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I would agree...but all we have seen is he....forced his will/power on daughters of the 10 families....

doesn't sound to righteous to me....
    Forced? I thought the position of Princess was highly sought after. If anyone forced the girls into becoming princesses, it would be their own families, not Zahard. The only request that Zahard had for the Princesses was not to have children so his power doesn't spread, and in return they gained a power which put them above other beings in the tower in addition to influence that very few people can match.

We don't really know enough about Zahard to consider him good or evil. Fair enough RED has made some unethical decisions but that was when Zahard was sleeping, so whether we can actually hold Zahard to account for their actions is unclear. You could argue that his system encourages people to betray one another and so call him evil, but at the same time his system has most likely saved many people from an otherwise very poor life, Teddy included, and given them opportunities that they would otherwise have never had.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Forced? I thought the position of Princess was highly sought after. If anyone forced the girls into becoming princesses, it would be their own families, not Zahard. The only request that Zahard had for the Princesses was not to have children so his power doesn't spread, and in return they gained a power which put them above other beings in the tower in addition to influence that very few people can match.
    well,i would have to say maybe the families are pressured/scared/obligated by contract...

as far as becoming a princess...i'd imagine that ofc it would be sought after in this cut-throat selfish world within the tower...to become strong and have royal power.to me zahard's claiming of the daughters(strong ones to boot,not just any daughter/from any of the fams) is to keep the families under foot by keeping them from birthing a child that may become a threat to him or his throne...

thinking about it....I think irregulars may just be the result of zahard princesses having children and being cast away outside the tower

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

well,i would have to say maybe the families are pressured/scared/obligated by contract...

as far as becoming a princess...i'd imagine that ofc it would be sought after in this cut-throat selfish world within the tower...to become strong and have royal power.to me zahard's claiming of the daughters(strong ones to boot,not just any daughter/from any of the fams) is to keep the families under foot by keeping them from birthing a child that may become a threat to him or his throne...

thinking about it....I think irregulars may just be the result of zahard princesses having children and being cast away outside the tower
    There's been nothing to suggest that the families are pressured, if anything they probably see it as an opportunity based on the RED guy's comments about the princess candidate in his family.

If that's the case then why only limit it to females? If Zahard truly wanted to get control of the strongest people that the families produce then he'd include the males and enforce the same chastity law.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    There's been nothing to suggest that the families are pressured, if anything they probably see it as an opportunity based on the RED guy's comments about the princess candidate in his family.

If that's the case then why only limit it to females? If Zahard truly wanted to get control of the strongest people that the families produce then he'd include the males and enforce the same chastity law.
    well if he take the strongest daughters...that's killing two birds with one stone....
    relieving the family of a strong member and narrowing the possibilities of the family's gene pool so to speak...

I don't know...it all sounds iffy to me....but you may be right...a lot maybe happening without his consent/say so........

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Evil is not the word I would use. Strict is the first word that come to mind. Zahard did reward the guys with whom he climbed the tower. He put a system in place, he seems to stick to it.

The real evil characters in ToG seems to be the ones ready to sacrify anything to reach their goal. And zahard was strong enough & didn't need to sacrifiy everything to control the first part of the tower. He is no Rachel

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well if he take the strongest daughters...that's killing two birds with one stone....
    relieving the family of a strong member and narrowing the possibilities of the family's gene pool so to speak...

I don't know...it all sounds iffy to me....but you may be right...a lot maybe happening without his consent/say so........
    There's nothing to suggest that he 'takes' them. Nothing to suggest that becoming a princess isn't an entirely voluntary process. Androssi said that she worked very hard to become a princess, indicating that she at least wanted to become one. Everything we've seen indicates that it is a great honor for a family to have a princess and they are all trying to get as many as possible.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll say Good but flawed.

I'm guessing from the way the tower is set up that he believes he is doing what he's doing for the good of everyone, bringing stability to the tower. But as the old saying goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." His rules and stability have come at real cost for people like Anak. And control from another perspective can be oppression.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be annoyed if Zahard is branded as Good or Evil. It will be more incredible if SIU uses the concept of politics and to assert that ppl are striving for their own need and hence zahard being an anti party to Baam instead of being Evil

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that if zahard ever got to fight Chestnut without the FUG meddling between, it will be because zahard fears him. Kinda like they should have made baam fail at the floor of test at all costs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

r u saying in TOG girls r powerful and boys r useless ???

i mean if u see he didnt "take" all girls but only 1 girl from them at a time. u cant say one he get r only powerful and other r weak + if as u said he take them from their family can u tell me one name of princess who is sad or mad because she become princess

about he b evil we dont now anything about him. for regular betraying each others its not his doing if u have read TOG all floor need them to support each other and not betray each others

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NoT LucK e's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So does anyone think Zahard might be a Irregular?

Or has it already been said that he isnt one?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasnt it semi implied he was an irregular? I mean to get tested from the guardian directly, you had to to be an irregular and zahard received a test from all the guardians going up the tower.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast