Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What the hell, Sakura?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What the hell, Sakura?

Quote Originally Posted by l!nk View Post
    We got so many chapters from Sasuke's point of view, why didn't we get any from Sakura's point of view? I enjoyed watching Naruto train with Jiraiya and the frogs and I sure as hell would have liked to see Sakura training.
    well the story really is about naruto and sasuke

sakura was a major part of that in part one, and then played an awesome role in the rescure gaara arc

but kishi decided after that , that sakura was no longer going to be a major part of the story

not sure why

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    We've learned now that Sakura hasn't been using her abilities to the fullest... scratch that, she used her bare minimum, until this last battle? What the actual fuck?

Is concentrating chakra more important to you than saving Naruto when he was pinned down by Pain?
    How much of a coward are you when Hinata, knowing that she's going to die, still tries to rescue Naruto?

Actually, forget about Naruto.

Why is concentrating chakra more important to you than saving your own village?

Why, Sakura, why?

I don't get it. Kishimoto pulls recent manga chapters right out of his ass!
    Sakura became a second Tsunade, while Hinata is finally able to do 64 palms? And what about Lee? And Tenten?

That cowardice of Sakura is just astonishing. From now on, I'm officially hating her.
    Did it do Tsunade any good agianst Pain? She was equally powerless. Sakura's power level isn't the problem, her training is. The medical taijutsu fighter Kishi painted for Tsunade, Shinzune, and Sakura never paid dividends. It was an interesting concept but never made the grade. At this point it's just costume jewelry on Sakura's forhead. Sakura could destroy rocks before, nothing has really changged because her fighting skills are still poor.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't Team 10 use Formation E against Kakuzu and Hidan? They might have been back home for dinner. Clearly they have gotten stronger and didn't have it at that time. That is how shonen works. Characters get stronger as the manga goes on. You have to accept it or the story falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Shino was actually quite handy, he fought against konan and kept her completely in check until she was summoned away by animal realm, she was quite powerful, you know, he wasn't there when sasuke defected, and he played a starring role against kankuro in the sound and sand invasion. He was also the only one with an ability that could affect tobi, but yes, his potential is a bit wasted, his best showing was in the forest of death with his leeches.
    Shino fought with his family against Konan. She held her own against the entire Aburame clan. And Obito simply phased through his bug sphere.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Is concentrating chakra more important to you than saving Naruto when he was pinned down by Pain?
    How much of a coward are you when Hinata, knowing that she's going to die, still tries to rescue Naruto?
    Hinata knew what was happening, Sakura and everyone else didn't. If Sakura had the Byakugan or knew what was happening, I'd bet you she'd have joined in to try and save Naruto.

Quote Quote:
    Why is concentrating chakra more important to you than saving your own village?
    She was saving her village. She not only punched the worm and saved the girl, but she also tried to heal as many people as she could, and she healed Hinata. If she was prioritizing chakra, then she wouldn't have healed anyone. Even during the war she was a pretty active healer.

Quote Quote:
    don't get it. Kishimoto pulls recent manga chapters right out of his ass!
    Sakura became a second Tsunade, while Hinata is finally able to do 64 palms? And what about Lee? And Tenten?

That cowardice of Sakura is just astonishing. From now on, I'm officially hating her.
    Not really, many things can be explained if people actually think. Sasuke using kage bunshin or Naruto using raikiri is Kishi pulling it out of his ass. Sakura not showing what she had isn't, because she either didn't need to or the situation didn't call for it.

How would a summon whose primary ability and role is to heal have helped Sakura in a fight?

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    How would a summon whose primary ability and role is to heal have helped Sakura in a fight?
    Better question, how could a summon which was already summoned helped in any manner?

Tsunade had already summoned katsuyu (i hope i got the name right), what would an additional summon do?

visit me here

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the issue most people have isnt that she could have done something better

but that she is no longer a major character to the point that kishi doesnt even care about showing her progress
    Maybe, but that doesn't seem to be the issue of the OP.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Maybe, but that doesn't seem to be the issue of the OP.
    well to stay on topic then i would assume sakura could not use the ying chaakra ability at any time, it probably took everything she had to muster up enough chaakra to pull it off

i am sure that if she could have used it at any time she would have, one thing sakura is not and never will be is a coward

people have to remember she is like 16 or 17 she is a KID

people like naruto sasuke and gaara are the RAREST of exceptions, hardly anyone can fight like that , at that level

at that young of an age in this manga, there are VERY FEW

so for sakura to use it now is good enough for me, i dont feel like she was holding back, she probably JUST BARELY obtained or gathered enough chaakra to pull this off

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post

Kishi just ignored everyone, we havent actually seen any major jutsus from kakashi thought he was supposed to be a copy ninja..

Character development isnt Kishi's strength
    Any kind of Jutsu that Kakashi could use would've been useless against Tendo Pain anyway... It's not some Suiton or Katon or Doton that's gonna defeat his gravity powers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pera2 View Post
    you can not play the game before its downloaded 100% to your computer.
    shes been saving piece of her chakra on slow days for 3 years, and she couldn't use it before it was fully charged. its been her way of doing things since she was kid. everything is asspull for you. i see it as something kishi was saving for her from long time ago.
    Yeah right. Tell that to Blizzard, their games pre-load and can be played without being 100% complete.
    The thing is, it's not about her diamond thingy seal. She had access to the information on Naruto, and she didn't do shit. Now Kishimoto suddenly buffs her up. That's a major tractum ex culo.

Hinata knew what was happening, Sakura and everyone else didn't. If Sakura had the Byakugan or knew what was happening, I'd bet you she'd have joined in to try and save Naruto.
    Oh please, she had the byakugan dude with her, he could obviously see what's happening!

She was saving her village. She not only punched the worm and saved the girl, but she also tried to heal as many people as she could, and she healed Hinata. If she was prioritizing chakra, then she wouldn't have healed anyone. Even during the war she was a pretty active healer.
    As I've said before, she had a byakugan dude with her. She could at least help Hinata.

Not really, many things can be explained if people actually think. Sasuke using kage bunshin or Naruto using raikiri is Kishi pulling it out of his ass. Sakura not showing what she had isn't, because she either didn't need to or the situation didn't call for it.
    Same as before, she had all the possibilities to help Naruto, or at least assist Hinata, but didn't! What does it tell us? That Suckura is a coward. Which is, of course, very in-character for her.

Spit some f**king acid, heal Hinata, heal herself if needed, distract tendo, so Hinata or Suckura can free Naruto and get him the hell out of combat! I can go on and on.

Better question, how could a summon which was already summoned helped in any manner?
    Tsunade had already summoned katsuyu (i hope i got the name right), what would an additional summon do?
    Summon a different summon, which obviously could spit some f**king acid, heal Hinata, heal Sakura if needed, distract tendo, so Hinata or Suckura can free Naruto and get him the hell out of combat.

Jesus, I can hardly refrain from directly insulting people here.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    people have to remember she is like 16 or 17 she is a KID
    Oh yeah, kid? Open your eyes, she's a ninja. She's obviously old enough to kill people.

One more thing, pardon for me being somewhat inebriated. That brings out my confrontational personality.
    Last edited by Wint; June 09, 2013 at 07:18 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the Byakugan guy give her play by play updates on what was happening? And acid would be useless and cause more damage to Naruto and Sakura than it would to Pain unless she found a way to take advantage of the cooldown. Hinata knew what was happening, Sakura didn't.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Summon a different summon, which obviously could spit some f**king acid, heal Hinata, heal Sakura if needed, distract tendo, so Hinata or Suckura can free Naruto and get him the hell out of combat.

Jesus, I can hardly refrain from directly insulting people here.
    1. You need a contract to summon?
    2. Get naruto out of battle? SO who would battle nagato?

visit me here

Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the Byakugan guy give her play by play updates on what was happening? And acid would be useless and cause more damage to Naruto and Sakura than it would to Pain unless she found a way to take advantage of the cooldown. Hinata knew what was happening, Sakura didn't.
    That's beside the point. The cooldown had already been made common knowledge thanks to split-up Katsuyu. And Sakura only had to ask the byakugan dude about Naruto.

1. You need a contract to summon?
    2. Get naruto out of battle? SO who would battle nagato?
    1. Most probably, she had already signed the contract by that point.
    2. No one! The battle is already lost, Naruto is pinned down, get him out of there so he can re-enter sennin mode, or run the hell away.

Kyuubi captured = total defeat.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The explanation given in the manga is that until right now or at least very recently sakura could not actually use her chakra seal. Its not that she did not want to, its that she literally couldn't. Its a horrible explanation but it is the only one kishi gave us and unfortunately within the context of the manga it makes sense. This is hardly about sakura being a bitch until she randomly decided not to be one, it is about her being able to use this sort of power only recently.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Also, wasn't sakura healing tsunade while hinata attempted to save naruto?

Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you read my rant at all? It wasn't about her motherBLEEPing chakra seal, it's about her being useless and cowardly.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you read my rant at all? It wasn't about her motherBLEEPing chakra seal, it's about her being useless and cowardly.
    Sakura hasn't really been more useless than anyone else... If anything the opposite. While her medic skills aren't yet fit for a spotlight in the manga it has given her plenty of work in the background. She was the one healing people while pain attacked, she treated tsunade while naruto fought pain, she treated countless people during the war. And she was the one to heal hinata after she went suicidal on pain after specifically being ordered not to (it was only luck that made everything turn out all right for her, not skill or foresight or a carefully executed plan). How exactly is she useless and cowardly?

And how can your post not be about her chakra seal? You specifically mention that sakura had been saving chakra and questioned whether doing that was more important than doing other stuff and implied she could have apparently used that power earlier (although that notion is in direct opposition to what the manga ha said so far).

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast