Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Toriko 237 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 237 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    I'm late this week. I haven't read all the comments so just ignore me if I repeat something.

Great chapter, I like how the fight is progressing. I hope we get at least a couple more chapters of this fight since Toriko is the main character. As far as Joa is concerned, I don't see why he can't be on Midora, Jirou, or Ichiryuu's level. In most mangas I've read when they progress past a set of "bad guys" to a new set of bad guys, the new set are always just as strong if not stronger. So I don't see why Joa can't be just as strong as the 3 disciples.
    The reason why most readers concluded that Joa can't be an equal of the three disciples is because Setsuno was surprised that Joa was able to inflict a wound on Zaus. She even concluded that Zaus might have dropped his guard that's why Joa was able to wound him.

But decades have passed and things might have changed now. There's a big chance that Joa might have improved and is now on the 3 disciple's level. We don't know what his dark cooking can do. It's like black magic. He could have attained massive boost thru it but ofcourse with a price.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I won't say that Joa isn't strong, but I can't believe he is on Acacia's disciples' level. At least until he actually proves it. Sorry guys.:0

For now we know that Setsuno easily managed to first fight a damn strong Chiyo, who seems to be around National Treasure Chinchin's level. Of course she seemed weaker than him and he didn't seem to go all-out against her, since she was his wife. Then after easily fighting her and smiling, she then quite comfortably fights against three damn strong guys who each seem to be considerably stronger than Chiyo and she doesn't seem to care much about her opponents. She still isn't serious. At the same time she was surprised Joa managed to put a scar on Zaus, so she at least doesn't think that Joa is stronger than Zaus. Well, he might be stronger than him, but I can't see him being even on Setsuno's level at least for now.
    While Jirou and other Acacia's disciples seem to be able to take entire army of the likes of Bishokukai by themselves like Ichiryu did against Bishokukai. Of course Ichiryu is the strongest among the three, but I doubt Jirou is significantly weaker. I think their power level are compareble. The same way as Midora's. The difference is that Midora seems to ba at his top shape, since he is constantly eating delicious ingridients, while Ichiryu, when he faced Bishokukai was around his lowest level, since Setsuno was surprised, that he actually started to activate his Gourmet Cells after his meeting with Midora.

So for now I don't think that Joa is comparable to Acacia's disciples. As well as that Saiseya who is the last National Treasure and seems to be with NEO. He also seems to be damn strong, but I doubt he is comparable to Acacia's disciples. I would have put both him and Joa around Setsuno's level individually at best. Still, it's not that bad. She is a damn monster in her own right, so to at least have two monsters like this might change an outcome of most battles, especially, when their opponents like IGO and Bishokukai are weakened.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jorge, When Ichiryu met Midora, Setsuno was suprised that he was activating all his cells, and in some way it seems that Setsuno shown him respect, how strong he is. From that you can conclude that Ichiryu is bigger beast than Setsuno, and so far she is bitch-slaping those three. Setsuno tought that Joa isn't stronger than Zaus and Zaus needed two 0-biotop guys to feel safe from her, that means that joa isn't probably that strong. Plus we learned that in last war chefs were most valuable treasure, that means that in this manga they aren't wariors but asset. I think that NEO leaders (general and king ) are probably strongest and they are at lvl of Josaku or other 0 biotop members. But they still can get "God" because if you find it and prepare it then you can eat it and others can suck lollipops

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I might have read it wrong, but after Setsuno said that Zaus must have let his guard down around Joa (making it seem she thinks Joa is weaker than Zaus), Zaus implied he didn't let his guard down. This makes me think that Zaus was on guard the whole time and STILL got a scar from Joa.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well of course she thought that Joa should be weaker than Zaus, but then Zaus stated that he never let his guard down, then it seems that Joa is stronger than Zaus, but still I doubt he is stronger than Setsuno. He should be at best around her level of power.
    I actually think he should be around Zaus + one of the two of his oth Biotope partners (either Kuriboh or Koisairou). He might have taken Setsuno down after a fight against these three, because she would be exausted, but I doubt he would be able to take her down alone, when she is at her full power.

Now after Jirou came I doubt Setsuno will have any troubles, since he won't ler her beeing hurt.

P.S. What bothers me is if the guy who revived 4 Beast would come here. Or is he already artound somewhere... This last Human National Treasure should be a tough guy, though still not as strong as to be able to take down Jirou.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5