Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: we all know gaara was the 5th kaze kage

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we all know gaara was the 5th kaze kage

but his dad died before the chuunin exams

so who was kazekage between the time the 4th died and gaara becoming the kazekage?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: we all know gaara was the 5th kaze kage

Chiyo and the other elders probably ran the village by committee until Gaara became ready to assume the Kazekage role. There was no "official" kazekage between Gaara and his father, otherwise he wouldn't have been the fifth Kazekage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

so who was kazekage between the time the 4th died and gaara becoming the kazekage?
    This is a good observation...

If the elders and other committee officials still waited for Gaara then it took them several years waiting...and imagine in that period a village not having its official kage????

If the kage's village die now, then the elders and officials, as concerned people for the stability of the village, definitely has to choose the successor. So why didn't they do it?

After Gaara was kidnapped some officials already have thought of choosing the next one but Kankuro dismissed the idea. So after Gaara's father's death surely the committee immediately became interested in choosing the next one...

So considering the time that it took them waiting it should not be the case technically..when a leader dies the people should choose the successor in at most months only.....Longer than that it's not good for the village as no one is officially appointed to lead...it will lead to chaos in decision making and other related concerns.

But since it already happened it must be that they still waited for Gaara to reign......

The conversation between Kankuro and Gaara revealed that Gaara wants to become Kazekage to lead the people and be close to them...The villagers that time was afraid of him so maybe when the elders knew about Gaara's desires , they finally decided to wait for him so that instead of them having fear about Gaara's possible dark destiny, they will find him as someone leading the village, loving the village, fighting for his village, and caring for the people of the suna village.......
    Last edited by naruto the best; June 07, 2013 at 05:07 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru was masquerading as kazekage, with the sound four disguised as his bodyguards using oro's face stealing technique.

sound four transform back:
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v13/c115/6.html

Oro revealed:
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v13/c115/17.html
    Last edited by winterwyrm; June 07, 2013 at 08:54 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@winterwyrm

He was refering AFTER that event. You have a gap starting from when Gaara whent back to his village after Naruto defeated him to the point he got to be Kazekage.

Only 2 things can apply:
    1-Gaara was apointed Kazekage as he returned to the village.
    2-Nobody was Kazekage for a long time.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Orochimaru was masquerading as kazekage, with the sound four disguised as his bodyguards using oro's face stealing technique.

sound four transform back:
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v13/c115/6.html

Oro revealed:
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v13/c115/17.html
    i read the manga hombre, i know he pretended to the be the kage for a little while during the chuunin exams

but i was trying to figure out who was the kazekage during the time between then and gaara

i think it was probably baki

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

i read the manga hombre, i know he pretended to the be the kage for a little while during the chuunin exams

but i was trying to figure out who was the kazekage during the time between then and gaara

i think it was probably baki
    Oh ok, no big deal, there wasn't much time between the sound/sand invasion and the end of the sasuke retrieval arc, they happened pretty close after each other, I can't imagine the tsunade arc took more than a few weeks, and the mist village was implied to have been without a kage for a very long time, since they just handed the kage position to Mei right before the meeting so she could represent them, and their elder council seemed to be collectively ruling it in the meantime.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Oh ok, no big deal, there wasn't much time between the sound/sand invasion and the end of the sasuke retrieval arc, they happened pretty close after each other, I can't imagine the tsunade arc took more than a few weeks, and the mist village was implied to have been without a kage for a very long time, since they just handed the kage position to Mei right before the meeting so she could represent them, and their elder council seemed to be collectively ruling it in the meantime.
    No.
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mei_Terum%C4%AB

There was nothing in the manga that suggests that Mei was just given the kage position to represent her village during the summit.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    No.
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mei_Terum%C4%AB

There was nothing in the manga that suggests that Mei was just given the kage position to represent her village during the summit.
    Ah, I see, in an older scanlation I had read a while ago it had the man with that weird staff explicitly appointing her as mizukage right on that spot, and had her expressing that she wanted to change the village in the future, but now I can't find it anywhere, and she actually says that those days are "long over" right here:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-11426-1...apter-456.html
    which clarifies that the fourth did not serve as mizukage for a while, but implies that Mei probably changed things some time ago. Thank you for clearing that up, I had believed that the mizukage died right around the start of the timeskip, and that they were just appointing their new kage there since they couldn't bring an entire council to the meeting, and that mei had just been a very influential, leading figure in the village. I guess different scans can vary a lot.
    Last edited by winterwyrm; June 08, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

New Reply