Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Did you like the ending of GANTZ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 19.44%
  • No

58 80.56%
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 383 [Final Chapter] Discussion / Future Prediction

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 383 [Final Chapter] Spoiler Discussion Thread

Well, GANTZ no Moto is a serialization written by Hiroya Oku in the Miracle Jump magazine and it's about the movies that inspired GANTZ.

As far as i know there are only RAWs of 2 chapters, the first being a manga style chapter and the other being just text with some pictures and i think this is the pattern that follows the serialization, some pictures and text of Oku talking about the films.

The chapter of GANTZ no Moto the manga speaks of might be about the finale but i doubt it's gonna be an epilogue since they don't say anything about it and something big like the epilogue of GANTZ would be definitely announced first to increase the profits of the magazine.

I'm not trying to confirm anything though, i'm just writing what i know.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; June 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that's it. Party is over, kids. I can't say I had fun in the past year and half with Oku's writing of katastrophe, but god that chapter was lame.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I find this ending funnier than I thought I would. Because I feel we all kinda knew in the back of our minds this is how it would end.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been too much into Gantz, I always just read it on a superficial level.
    I know however that a lot people here were quite invested in this manga and I'm sorry for you. Because when your dad gives you an awesome playstation in the morning, let's you play with it all day but in the evening all of a sudden saws it half and takes a crap all over it right before your eyes, it kind of sucks.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

gay......what a crap chapter....looks like they revived the dead guys from the new team too considering they were transferring dead bodies...with that they could of revive kei2 and reika then I would of been happy lol.

Even his artwork dropped off for this chapter, Oku heart flipped so sad.

Well guys I enjoyed it but the final arc will be my least favourite. I hope there will be any news of gantz and oku here in the future because now I will be lost even if he does a new series or extras for gantz.
    Gantz was my first manga I Ever read now I read lots, so thank you gantz anime and that games /hentai forum page that had gantz as a thread and it linked me to places like here and to find the manga. Ahhhh Stoptomatos and onemanga /bow ....
    Thanks to all those on these threads to especially the mods who have sticked with it for years.
    I think I started reading the manga when the current chapter was when Kei died by the vampires end of phrase 1 and it was so enjoyable to read from the start all the way to chapter 237.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

When I met you, I felt attracted to you. I tried to imagine how it would end, it would have a great story. So the day finally came. I do not know what to say. My heart sank and I wanted to scream, to God and the world:

"What the fuck is this?"

That was when I watched LOST. And now I feel the same way about Gantz. The end came, and I do not know what to say. Honestly, Oku hope someone clap for this chapter? I'm tempted to burn all the volumes I have, knowing how it will be the end. I do not know what to think. I followed Gantz for six years, telling my friends to be one of the best stories I've ever read. How will I face them and say I was wrong?

Pity the fool who read this chapter and say it was a worthy end of the story.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I find this ending funnier than I thought I would. Because I feel we all kinda knew in the back of our minds this is how it would end.
    I was really surprised that everyone that was killed in the last chapter was saved at the last minute.. I thought at least Kaiji was dead for sure. It was a very interesting decision because they literally never show up again.

There was a rumor that Gantz might start up again after a lengthy hiatus, so perhaps Oku wants an opportunity to use these characters again at some point?
    Last edited by Damura; June 16, 2013 at 05:45 AM.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm not as spectacular as I expected. But it feels like a feelgood ending, one of those last pages with Kei and Katou in the arms of Tae and Katou's bro, felt really human, I think Oku was going for a more human ending as opposed to the gore and brutal out of this world developments recently.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Hmmm not as spectacular as I expected. But it feels like a feelgood ending, one of those last pages with Kei and Katou in the arms of Tae and Katou's bro, felt really human, I think Oku was going for a more human ending as opposed to the gore and brutal out of this world developments recently.
    I wouldn't mind a human ending, with it was done right. This felt heavily rushed.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Re: Gantz 383 [Final Chapter] Spoiler Discussion Thread

Well, that's it, we got kind of trolled with a sloppy "I don't care about this series anymore, it's over now" kind of ending. I always liked this one a lot, it was my favorite for quite a long time, but I guess that's that.

It seems like lately mangaka have been really really good at hyping things up, but then can't fulfill their own lofty expectations, leading to us waiting a long time for an OK sort of product.

RIP Gantz.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    I wouldn't mind a human ending, with it was done right. This felt heavily rushed.
    Indeed, this kind of ending might have been saved for a later time, oh well what's done is done, it does not feel like a completely un-natural ending provided the way things have been going in the manga. At least we do have some unanswered questions left to ponder on.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bulba's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. I once came on this forum under the name Mr.Aaron. (I had a cupcake with an angry face for a username).

I haven't posted in maybe a couple of years, but I have been lurking every week since I stopped posting. I figured since Gantz was a series I followed for almost 7 years, I should post something.

Even though the story turned out to be very disappointing in the last few arcs, I'd be lying if I said that this story didn't have an impact on me in a huge way when I was in high school.

I haven't read the spanish version, but I did take a look at the raw. I'm curious to see what the dialogue between Katou and Kurono was. Was Kaze even in this chapter? And I assume Nishi is pretty much dead.

Anyways, it was always cool to see you guys discussing the chapters (even if I wasn't as much of a fan of the story as I'd like to be in the later chapters), and thanks to MH for helping me get access to this story.

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba View Post
    Hello everyone. I once came on this forum under the name Mr.Aaron. (I had a cupcake with an angry face for a username).

I haven't posted in maybe a couple of years, but I have been lurking every week since I stopped posting. I figured since Gantz was a series I followed for almost 7 years, I should post something.

Even though the story turned out to be very disappointing in the last few arcs, I'd be lying if I said that this story didn't have an impact on me in a huge way when I was in high school.

I haven't read the spanish version, but I did take a look at the raw. I'm curious to see what the dialogue between Katou and Kurono was. Was Kaze even in this chapter? And I assume Nishi is pretty much dead.

Anyways, it was always cool to see you guys discussing the chapters (even if I wasn't as much of a fan of the story as I'd like to be in the later chapters), and thanks to MH for helping me get access to this story.
    Yes, I remember you that cupcake had pouty shoulders with hands pointing down, right? Well unfortunately it looks like the mangaka worked really hard to make his series popular, but then when he got there, he must have not felt any motivation to work as hard, and now he just did the minimum necessary. Yes, unfortunately the most memorable moments are almost entirely in the beginning, but that's life I suppose.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Well, that's it, we got kind of trolled with a sloppy "I don't care about this series anymore, it's over now" kind of ending. I always liked this one a lot, it was my favorite for quite a long time, but I guess that's that.

It seems like lately mangaka have been really really good at hyping things up, but then can't fulfill their own lofty expectations, leading to us waiting a long time for an OK sort of product.

RIP Gantz.
    Mangaka unable to hype things up? How about the readers? What do you expect if you upset the mangaka?
    I am referring to the comments on Amazon, sure, you can rant about anything on the internet but is it too mean to ask mangaka to end his/her manga right now? 51 out of 64 recommends this review. hahaha..
    Last edited by lolnameless; June 16, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lolnameless View Post
    Mangaka unable to hype things up? How about the readers? What do you expect if you upset the mangaka?
    I am referring to the comments on Amazon, sure, you can rant about anything on the internet but is it too mean to ask mangaka to end his/her manga right now? 51 out of 64 recommends this review. hahaha..
    No, I mean that they are hyping things up and not good at the delivery, and yes, we need to be respectful but that's what he did, he made the series mysterious and foreshadowed big things, then he off-screened everything and just abruptly ended the series after an OK fight with a LOT of loose ends and undeveloped plot points, how could they make the gantz balls without being noticed? Did kaze have a happy ending? Will humaity rebuild? Are there still aliens among everyone? What happened to the german ultimate team? How did the american team do all this? (they're shown to be very small and not have any special weapons). Anyways, can you tell me what that review says? google translate only does so much.
    Last edited by winterwyrm; June 16, 2013 at 07:51 PM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast