Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Do you think Luffys Promise & Joyboys Are 1 in the same?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • Maybe

7 53.85%
  • No

1 7.69%
New Reply

Thread: Promise From Joyboy, To the Mermaid Princess.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Promise From Joyboy, To the Mermaid Princess.

BEFORE READING KNOW THAT I FEEL THIS MAY BE FARFETCH'D

K, So we know there's a poneglyph written by a man called "Joyboy" on merman island during the Void Century, Referring to a promise made to the Mermaid Princess of that time.

The Details of the promise are unknown, what we do know is that Shirahoshi is the New Poseidon therefor the promise that was made, Someday "Joyboy" will show up to keep his promise to the princess"

Heres what i think, after hody is beaten luffy promises shirahoshi that one day he'll come back and take her to the surface and during this moment they make a big deal from it and everyone assures her they will help him keep the promise.

So, now this is up to you whether you think it could be right or not, but since we don't know the details of the promise its possible that during the Void Century Joyboy promised to take the mermaid princess up from merman island to the surface, and use the boat Noah to do so.

Conclusion : Could luffy possibly be the joyboy and the promise he made to shirahoshi be connected to the promise from joyboy during the void century? who knows.

the promise could be much deeper than that and noah could literally have some sort of purpose for when the world ends or a catastrophy befalls like the biblical use of the ship Noah.

thats all folks

Edit : I am rewatching the arc, and i hadn't thought of this, but since Madam Sharley predicted that Fishmen island will be destroyed at his hands, and she's always been right, i'm sure something will occur that forces luffy to destroy the island, and by using the noah he takes the princess and all the fishman to the surface where they finally live, especially since it's frequently talked about how badly they wish to live on the surface throughout the arc. thus fulfilling luffys promise to shirahoshi as well.

edit 2: The more i watch through this idea definitely seems logical, when jinbei tells his story of the queen and fisher tiger, when the king is talking about how the queen wants to live on the surface, he says "It's an ambition that is hundreds of years old" and shows the noah as what they were going to use to do it.
    Last edited by Greasybuttsex; June 09, 2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: new idea to add

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Promise From Joyboy, To the Mermaid Princess.

Since when was the Promise from Joyboy for the Mermaid Princess?
    I mean its on the Poneglyph, and thats over 800 Years old... but the Princess is just near 20...
    And wasnt the Letter more like an apology as a Promise?
    Like Robin said here:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by BurnSchulz; June 08, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BurnSchulz View Post
    Since when was the Promise from Joyboy for the Mermaid Princess?
    I mean its on the Poneglyph, and thats over 800 Years old... but the Princess is just near 20...
    And wasnt the Letter more like an apology as a Promise?
    Like Robin said here:
    Spoiler show

The Mermaid Princess is a legend among the Royal Family that says that every century I think or something along the lines, a Mermaid appears with the ability to talk and to Sea Kings, and also it is because of that ability that the Mermaid princess is considered to be Poseidon, basically, Shirahoshi isn't the first one, there has been other Mermaids with the same ability long ago

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    The Mermaid Princess is a legend among the Royal Family that says that every century I think or something along the lines, a Mermaid appears with the ability to talk and to Sea Kings, and also it is because of that ability that the Mermaid princess is considered to be Poseidon, basically, Shirahoshi isn't the first one, there has been other Mermaids with the same ability long ago
    Anyways... where did you get that "Promise" thing from... i kinda miss something in my memory here..? Because all i can remind is that "Apology" thing from the Poneglyph.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyways... where did you get that "Promise" thing from... i kinda miss something in my memory here..? Because all i can remind is that "Apology" thing from the Poneglyph.
    It's an apology for the promise he broke with the Mermaid Princess at that time

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It's an apology for the promise he broke with the Mermaid Princess at that time
    You mean in that theory?

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean in that theory?
    No, the apology is for the promise Joyboy made, that was said in the manga, what OP is saying here is that the promise Joyboy made is the same promise Luffy made to Shirahoshi basically, which seems highly possible

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just reread several Chapters and i found that missing piece of my memory there.
    Its about chapter 649 where Robin talked to the Mermaid King.
    He told her everything he knows about Joy Boy.
    Spoiler show

Too bad noone was able to give me that hint even after i mentioned that i can only remind that poneglyph scene...
    Well even if i am a one piece reader for years, sometimes some details go missing, but at least now i have a good clue what this thread is about.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

edited post to add a new possibility i hadn't thought of before.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ikacantik's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Here what i thought..
    Just crazy theories though.. (SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH!)

According to the 3 Weapon Gods, the Mermaid is Poseidon ( weapon from deep sea), Joyboy is from world surface ( like human race ), and Uranus from the name most likely is somehow connected with sky ( i still confused about the cover chapter Enel where THERE is somewhere people in outerspace).
    Then the Promise most likely connected with the 3 weapon.. I am convinced that someday Luffy will have Pluton (he already have person who can make (franky) and Robin) just like Joyboy, Poseidon is Shirahoshi, and it will come to Uranus. The Promise might be connecting to Sky also.. It wil connect 3 worlds..

Okay.. What you think?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's totally possible, since Joyboy could have made Noah to bring the Fishmen to the surface and let them live in the world by destroying both parts of the Red Line as referenced here.
    Then Joyboy would have made this promise, build the ship, and disapeared before fulfiling his promise ; he could have die at the End of the Void century : a man who carry the will of D, friend with the forgotten kingdom (it's a supposition) and a key to the winning of the new World Gov., so obviously an enemy of them.

I'm throwing a new idea here : Luffy's Hat, passed from Roger to Shank and then to him, was originally Joyboy's. And his name is very important, somehow connected with the will of D : the boy with joy, it's surely his surname.
    What can we say about Roger, Shanks and Luffy? They love to laught and be happy, protect their friend no matter what, and a lot more. Joyboy could be the same, an ancestor of Luffy with the "D" in his name.

It's quite possible that on Raftel, the SH heard about Joyboy's promise and realise it's the same as Luffy, but now they know how to fulfill it : destroying Reverse Mountain and Marijoa (+ Fishmen Island, it's behind it ^^) and putting all Fishmen in one of the New Areas born. And so Luffy will know what to do It's pure speculation, what do you say guys.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ikacantik View Post
    Here what i thought..

According to the 3 Weapon Gods, the Mermaid is Poseidon ( weapon from deep sea), Joyboy is from world surface ( like human race ), and Uranus from the name most likely is somehow connected with sky ( i still confused about the cover chapter Enel where THERE is somewhere people in outerspace).
    Then the Promise most likely connected with the 3 weapon.. I am convinced that someday Luffy will have Pluton (he already have person who can make (franky) and Robin) just like Joyboy, Poseidon is Shirahoshi, and it will come to Uranus. The Promise might be connecting to Sky also.. It wil connect 3 worlds..

Okay.. What you think?

It's interesting especially the parts about uranus in the sky, The thing that's wrong is, franky doesn't know how to build the weapon pluton, what he had the blueprints for was something to be made INCASE the ancient weapons are resurrected and there is a force needed as a countermeasure to them, that's what franky had the plans for, not the actual weapon itself. The people after the bluprints thought it was the weap but before he destroyed the blueprints he spoke of what i just said.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ikacantik View Post
    Here what i thought..

Okay.. What you think?
    And where belongs Pluton to?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And where belongs Pluton to?
    Earth, obviously.
    And bromains you may be right, is it exaclty settled that these blueprints are in case of the resurection of the weapons?
    So we could expect that the Goan / General Cannon are based on this blueprint, still in the head of Franky.
    Hell that could be nice that he can upgrade the cannons to their final form.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joyboy will be revealed to be the King of the ancient Kingdom when it fell to the group that would eventually become the World government. I think that all of the major countries the strawhats have and will save(Alabasta, Sky Island, Fishman Island, Greenbit) and its inhabatants, will have a connection with the ancient kingdom. Luffy will stand in Joyboys place and lead them agaiasnt the WG.

I think Joyboy gave all of his most trusted advisors(ancestors of the Alabasta people, Ancestors of the Sky islanders, The Mermaid princess, etc) a mission, when he knew that the ancient kingdom would fall. Pass on the poneglyph to the next generation, and one day a man will rise to lead our people in his place, and overthrow the WG

New Reply