Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why does Ichigo need an Asauchi-based zanpakuto?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does Ichigo need an Asauchi-based zanpakuto?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    If this Afro-man created Asaushis to materialize the Zampakutos... is clear that Shinigamis have to be Shinigamis to use it.
    What i understand from the previous chapters is... Oldman Zange is the Quincy attained from the powers of Juha Bach... Tenza Zange is the Quincy powers of Ichigo in his true state of pureness... this few power that Ichigo could manipulate allow him to enter to Bankai because he was using his sword but Oldman was restraining it like an identity. Sure this a property that came from a pure Quincy and his ability to use Reiatsu better than any else.
    Old Man Zange finally leaves his powers in Ichigo's hand and also he trained him to accept his Hollow's powers that came from White.

Ichigo has Ogichi's sword now, and that might be the sword that will awake now but with the Quincies power on it thanks to what happened... so another question slips!

Why the Quincy powers manipulates the Zampakuto of a Shinigami, if the Quincies doesn't have a Zampakuto by themselves? That thing is weird... i'm waiting an explanation of why a Zampakuto has to exist.
    - Afro dude created assuachi which aided in materialising zan spirit
    - Therefore, souls have zan spirit within them, the one able to materialize them are shinigami

visit me here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    I would put forth, that neither OMzangetsu, or Whitey- a.k.a. shirosaki, are his zanpakutou, they are both, aspects of his power that are trying to take control of his actual zanpakutou, which was broken after FGT.
    This is what Shirosaki says to Ichigo in his inner world.

"Ichigo, maybe you weren't aware of this, but Zangetsu and I were originally one and the same.
    Both Zangetsu and I are your power.
    I was a part of Zangetsu.
    When many forces influence the body, its appearance changes depending on which force is the strongest.
    When life is in control, the person is made of flesh.
    When death takes control, he turns into bones.
    It's the same concept.
    My powers grew, I gained the right to rule, and Zangetsu became a part of me.
    And the more you try to draw out Zangetsu's power, the easier it becomes for me to take over your soul."

Nimaiya specifically spells it out. He says, "This hollow... is Ichi-chan's zanpakutou." He said that "White" created by Aizen has the same composition as the Asauchis there. He said that "He's Ichi-chan's true zanpakutou." So I don't agree when you say that neither of them are his zanpakuto, because "White" was his true zanpakutou.
    Last edited by NeonX; June 21, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

What we know:

Ichigo has hollow/shinigami/quincy/human powers.
    Shinigami powers, Zanpakuto, originate with an asauchi. The spirit in the asauchi is part of the shinigami.

The way I see it:

Ichigo, at the beginning, had an imitation of shinigami powers. It was actually a hollow's powers (Hichigo), guided by the quincy powers (Bach-getsu), and modelled on the shinigami parts inside him (Isshin's bloodline). So his Zangetsu the entire time was an imitation.
    Now that he understand this, he has obtained an asauchi (a true zanpakuto), and so can obtain his true shinigami powers. I would honestly expect to see the true Zangetsu appear in Ichigo's inner world, along with Hichigo and Bach-getsu.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, i would guess that his inner world will pretty much be the same... If i had to guess, instead of the old man, it's goin to be his hollow self as the main host... So they will basically just switch places.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its because zanpakutous are made of asauchi silly. simple answer.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ramstain View Post
    What we know:

Ichigo has hollow/shinigami/quincy/human powers.
    Shinigami powers, Zanpakuto, originate with an asauchi. The spirit in the asauchi is part of the shinigami.

The way I see it:

Ichigo, at the beginning, had an imitation of shinigami powers. It was actually a hollow's powers (Hichigo), guided by the quincy powers (Bach-getsu), and modelled on the shinigami parts inside him (Isshin's bloodline). So his Zangetsu the entire time was an imitation.
    Now that he understand this, he has obtained an asauchi (a true zanpakuto), and so can obtain his true shinigami powers. I would honestly expect to see the true Zangetsu appear in Ichigo's inner world, along with Hichigo and Bach-getsu.
    I kinda disagree with you on this. The way I see it, H-Ichigo is a sort of 'parasite' that acts like an Asauchi and hijacks his Shinigami powers. In other words, he's been using his Shinigami powers all along. However, up until this point his Shinigami powers were being limited by Bach-getsu's interference; now Bach-getsu has released these limitations, Ichigo may now access the full extent of his Shinigami powers (which are still manifested through H-Ichigo). The reason why his Zanpakutou looks drastically different now is for 2 reasons; firstly, he's unlocked full access to his Shinigami powers (which has altered the appearance of his bigger Zanpakutou), and secondly, his new smaller Zanpakutou encompasses Bach-getsu's power too.
    Predictions
    • Quincies become latent Shinigami when they die, meaning Yhwach is the progenitor of the Shinigami too.
    • The star and name "Quincy" refers to the 5 Royal Guards and the Soul King; this originates in Yhwach wanting to overthrow him.
    • The final battle within the Seireitei will be between Zaraki and Haschwalth.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I kinda disagree with you on this. The way I see it, H-Ichigo is a sort of 'parasite' that acts like an Asauchi and hijacks his Shinigami powers. In other words, he's been using his Shinigami powers all along. However, up until this point his Shinigami powers were being limited by Bach-getsu's interference; now Bach-getsu has released these limitations, Ichigo may now access the full extent of his Shinigami powers (which are still manifested through H-Ichigo). The reason why his Zanpakutou looks drastically different now is for 2 reasons; firstly, he's unlocked full access to his Shinigami powers (which has altered the appearance of his bigger Zanpakutou), and secondly, his new smaller Zanpakutou encompasses Bach-getsu's power too.
    Yup, acted like a parasite until ichigo learnt hollowfication. Acted like a parasite also because isshin's reatsu that suppresses the hollow is fading away

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2