Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about part one Naruto and Jiraiya and Itachi

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: question about part one naruto and jaraiya and itachi

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    That's not the point. Itachi HAD to retreat while Kisame thought that Itachi could defeat him, regardless of what state he was in because Kisame probably didn't know how much Itachi was hurting. Also, Itachi was forced to use Amaterasu. He wouldn't if he had any other choice.
    this is the double edged sword of the MS

and the reasin those very few who obtain EMS are so elite

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

One can only speculate. But if we believe that Naruto couldn't beat Itachi, then Jiraiya certainly couldn't as well. .
    i believe naruto now could

jaraiya is.a seasoned vet

he could break out of genjutsu or avoid being caught in it

and we know itachi cant just spam susa no o because of the self inflicted damage

the only reason he spammed it in the sasuke fight is he accepted that it would be his final fight

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The old saying holds true, Jiraiya has absoultely nothing to stop Amaterasu. So he can't win.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its not like itachi can just spa .amateresu if he misses, or say hits some armor and jaraiya takes the armor or clothes off really quick, not only will itachi need time to recover and use it again, but he would not beable to use susa no o right away either

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't talk in absolutes in these kinds of topics. I don't know who would win, but I say that Itachi would definitely have an upper hand in that fight.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya isn't fast enough to make Itachi miss... You know wha? I'm not doing this. Everyone knows that at best Jiraiya have a 10% chance of winning,and his comment was made likely due because he didn't want to takeout te Konoha's bestat that time. So please feel free to believe what you want.

Itachi isn't unbeatable, but Jiraiya isn't one to beat him.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    First of all Itachi would have to use MS if he wanted to win against jaraiya, even if he won he would have be blind, secondly We saw what happened to one of Pain's body when he absorbed Naruto's sage energy ... If I had to pick someone to counter Kisame's abilities it would be Jaraiya, a frog user with frog summons...
    Itachi would not need Mangekyo to beat Jiraiya. Regular Sharingan works well, especially since Jiraiya isn't fast enough, might not be able to dispel Itachi's basic genjutsu, and almost has no way of beating Itachi. Unless Jiraiya finds a way to get into Sage Mode, he's at a huge disadvantage.

How do frogs help against Kisame or counter him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i believe jaraiya in sage mode would have a shot at either one of them

without sage mode kisame eats up his chaakra and takes him out

with sage mode itachi or kisame could still take him but the fight would obviously be much different

its also possible that itachi wasnt as strong then as he was in part two

same goes for kisame

they could have both just been going off of legend and rumors, not.having seen jaraiya in action

in a fight i give either of them the edge against j-man

with itacho having slightly more edge

but jaraiya is somewhat underrated on here

we must remember how strong he is

if he played his cards right he may evwn be able to beat itachi
    Jiraiya isn't underrated at all. Not against Itachi, considering Itachi was able to freeze Orochimaru and could have killed him, and only let Deidara survive because they were sent to recruit Deidara. Kabuto had to take in different ninjas' power to stand a chance against Uchiha....
    You can't talk in absolutes in these kinds of topics. I don't know who would win, but I say that Itachi would definitely have an upper hand in that fight.
    I can. I absolutely think Itachi would beat Jiraiya, from what we know so far.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well we saw itachi and kisame together flee from jaraiya, mainly because itachi needed to rest after one tsukyomi and one amateresu

he would definitely need MS abilities to beat jaraiya

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, he wouldn't. Itachi could have been lying at the time too because against Sasuke, he used Tsukuyomi, two Amaterasu, and summoned Susano'o twice without any rest. That Itachi would not need to rest or even resort to MS against Jiraiya.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes but he had accepted he was going to die after that fight m3j

it was ok for him to.go all out

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He still looked less tired near hte end of his fight with Sasuke than he did against Jiraiya. Once again, this could be Kishi's fault, but as it stands Itachi is superior to Jiraiya.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member roma's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

His true purpose in returning to Konoha was not to capture Naruto but to warn the elders that he is still alive and not to harm Sasuke. At the time maybe they'd result in a draw but after the recent info on Itachi and knowing their capabilities and what Jiraiya has shown, I'd give this fight to him but not without difficulties. On stats, he did tie with Jiraiya despite being all sick and dying.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Hard to tell since we didnt get as good a demonstration of Jiraya's strength as we did of Itachi and Kisame, but at least for a fact we can say that Kisame didnt want to fight J-man, and since Itachi was probably Jiraya's spy he'd look for any excuse not to fight him.
    Yes, I too think he just threw that fight, whether or not he could have won is irrelevant, he didn't need to use tsukiyomi against kakashi and sasuke, and now he was just messing up on purpose to ensure that naruto was not captured in order to sabotage akatsuki because he is secretly a good person who is supporting konoha, he did the same thing when he fought kakashi:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/93-265-12/...apter-260.html
    He didn't really want to capture naruto either time, so he failed deliberately and was grinning because he had failed after giving a successful performance. At least that's what I think.

Btw, susano'o and shark dance combo would be quite difficult for jiraya considering how long his sage summoning takes, and how he can't use any jutsu while casting it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He still looked less tired near hte end of his fight with Sasuke than he did against Jiraiya. Once again, this could be Kishi's fault, but as it stands Itachi is superior to Jiraiya.
    i do agree that itachi > jaraiya

jaraiya would need luck and to be flawless to even have a slim shot

and kisame and itachi together would have easily won had they actually tried

only two rationale make sense

either itachi wasnt as strong then, and needed more time to rest after MS usage

or itachi didnt really wamt to capture naruto, and used his fatigue as an excuse that would convince both kisame and pain that they had.to retreat

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I can. I absolutely think Itachi would beat Jiraiya, from what we know so far.
    I think Itachi would beat ANYONE, but that's not the point. You can't say anything with certainty as it didn't and won't happen.

Even though in this case, Jirtaiya can't really match up to Itachi since Orochimaru couldn't do squat against him.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Itachi would beat ANYONE, but that's not the point. You can't say anything with certainty as it didn't and won't happen.

Even though in this case, Jirtaiya can't really match up to Itachi since Orochimaru couldn't do squat against him.
    Itachi uses genjutsu. Jiraiya tries to get out. ITachi cuts Jiraiya's head off before Jiraiya can even react. That's how envision most of Itachi's battles against most characters going. Jiraiya would have to be able to deal with genjutsu quickly and have a way to avoid being hit with Amaterasu, as well as find a way to get past Susano'o's defense and offense. He also has to deal with Itachi's exploding bunshins, fast hand seal, and speed.

New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast