Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about part one Naruto and Jiraiya and Itachi

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: question about part one naruto and jaraiya and itachi

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Itachi uses genjutsu. Jiraiya tries to get out. ITachi cuts Jiraiya's head off before Jiraiya can even react. That's how envision most of Itachi's battles against most characters going. Jiraiya would have to be able to deal with genjutsu quickly and have a way to avoid being hit with Amaterasu, as well as find a way to get past Susano'o's defense and offense. He also has to deal with Itachi's exploding bunshins, fast hand seal, and speed.
    That's a nice scenario. But I do see that you underestimate anyone's ability to counter Genjutsu. Shiniobis with Minato's or Jiraiya's caliber certainly wouldn't be totally helpless when it comes to Genjutsu, but they would have a hard time, because, well, it's Itachi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

He still looked less tired near hte end of his fight with Sasuke than he did against Jiraiya. Once again, this could be Kishi's fault, but as it stands Itachi is superior to Jiraiya.
    No. It's as YOU believe.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    That's a nice scenario. But I do see that you underestimate anyone's ability to counter Genjutsu. Shiniobis with Minato's or Jiraiya's caliber certainly wouldn't be totally helpless when it comes to Genjutsu, but they would have a hard time, because, well, it's Itachi.
    Actually, I apply this to majority of Itachi's opponents. Orochimaru had difficulty breaking out of Itachi's genjutsu... why should I give Minato or Jiraiya benefit of doubt? Jiraiya said he wasn't the genjutsu type (another translation says he's not good at genjutsu), while Minato has not shown any genjutsu ability at all. I'll give Minato benefit of doubt against Sasuke's genjutsu, but almost everyone who fought Itachi's genjutsu succumbed to it. Orochimaru, Kakashi, Deidara, Sasuke, and even Kabuto.

I can see majority of the characters being helpless trying to break out of Itachi's genjutsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    No. It's as YOU believe.
    I wish. Jiraiya has nothing that can counter Itachi unless he finds a way to turn the fight into a stamina or chakra contest.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish. Jiraiya has nothing that can counter Itachi unless he finds a way to turn the fight into a stamina or chakra contest.
    That doesn't make it a manga fact. This kind of talking can work in the arena threads, but not here. In SM, Jiraiya should be capable of defeating Itachi-chan.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

That doesn't make it a manga fact. This kind of talking can work in the arena threads, but not here. In SM, Jiraiya should be capable of defeating Itachi-chan.
    Don't exaggerate. Orochimaru was completely helpless against him. Jiraiya is probably on the same level as Oro so we can safely assume who has the upper hand.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't exaggerate. Orochimaru was completely helpless against him. Jiraiya is on the same level as Oro so we can safely assume who has the upper hand.
    Not a single shred of exaggeration. Orochimaru is not Jiraiya, so this example is not the way to safely assume who has the upper hand.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a single shred of exaggeration. Orochimaru is not Jiraiya, so this example is not the way to safely assume who has the upper hand.
    Actually, Orochimaru is stronger than Jiraiya in my opinion. In that case, Jiraiya has even less chance to beat him. But if you seriously think that Jiraiya could beat Itachi, you're either casing one of your own scenarios again, or, you simply like to shit on Itachi.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Orochimaru is stronger than Jiraiya in my opinion. In that case, Jiraiya has even less chance to beat him. But if you seriously think that Jiraiya could beat Itachi, you're either casing one of your own scenarios again, or, you simply like to shit on Itachi.
    So it is in your opinion, and you're free to it. Just because I don't think of Itachi as the unstoppable, smartest, strongest man out there, doesn't mean I shit on him. You're the one who's shitting on Jiraiya if you think the notion of him defeating Itachi is me shitting on the latter.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

So it is in your opinion, and you're free to it. Just because I don't think of Itachi as the unstoppable, smartest, strongest man out there, doesn't mean I shit on him. You're the one who's shitting on Jiraiya if you think the notion of him defeating Itachi is me shitting on the latter.
    In this case, Itachi doesn't have to be unstoppable, smartest or strongest to defeat Jiraiya because he's not that formidable of a foe against him. If Itachi could deal with Nagato fairly easy, the rest is silence.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

In this case, Itachi doesn't have to be unstoppable, smartest or strongest to defeat Jiraiya because he's not that formidable of a foe against him. If Itachi could deal with Nagato fairly easy, the rest is silence.
    *Sigh*...He ran away from Jiraiya.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

*Sigh*...He ran away from Jiraiya.
    You base your logic on that? He was trying to capture Naruto while "fighting" Jiraiya. Not to mention that he "ran" away because of his eyes. Dude, seriously.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

You base your logic on that? He was trying to capture Naruto while "fighting" Jiraiya. Not to mention that he "ran" away because of his eyes. Dude, seriously.
    It can't be any worse than you basing your logic on the non-existent fact of him "Easily" defeating Nagato. There was also the time when he said both he and Kisame would die against Jiraiya or at the best be at a stalemate.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It can't be any worse than you basing your logic on the non-existent fact of him "Easily" defeating Nagato. There was also the time when he said both he and Kisame would die against Jiraiya or at the best be at a stalemate.
    It's non-existent because he's your favorite character. Itachi was always modest, he even said that Gai shouldn't be underestimated with the tension in the air that even he'd have difficulties with him, but who are we kidding.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's non-existent because he's your favorite character. Itachi was always modest, he even said that Gai shouldn't be underestimated with the tension in the air that even he'd have difficulties with him, but who are we kidding.
    Nope. It's non-existent because he would be dead had it not been for two other Itachi-level dudes. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

God not this again.. Itachi and Kisame(togeder) would ANIHILATE JMan... He is not even going to be able to enter SM. They can COUNTER ANYTHING JMan trows at them...

Kisame 2 times makes the claim that Itachi ALONE can take it on and 2 times Itachi makes up some lie to get around it. We all know WHY that is so... I would also advise you people to read this:

Spoiler: Kisame lectures Itachi show

Obviously not mine, its from LnDRash. The most epic thing i read

New Reply
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast