Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about part one Naruto and Jiraiya and Itachi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: question about part one naruto and jaraiya and itachi

The only answer to this question is what you can read in the manga (kisame saying that jiraya is in a different league than him and itachi saying that he is at an equal level).

You cant make assumptions based on part 2 abilities because Kishi himself probably didnt know about :

- Sage mode whereabouts
    - Susanoo & Totsuka sword
    - Super Giant Water Bubulle
    - Crazy Frogs Genjutsu song ( looks like a godlike ability versus anyone but Pain)

Izanami is the cherry on the cake.Casting that on jiraya to make it think about how he failed to bring back orochimaru....for ever...and ever...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minishin View Post
    The only answer to this question is what you can read in the manga (kisame saying that jiraya is in a different league than him and itachi saying that he is at an equal level).

You cant make assumptions based on part 2 abilities because Kishi himself probably didnt know about :

- Sage mode whereabouts
    - Susanoo & Totsuka sword
    - Super Giant Water Bubulle
    - Crazy Frogs Genjutsu song ( looks like a godlike ability versus anyone but Pain)

Izanami is the cherry on the cake.Casting that on jiraya to make it think about how he failed to bring back orochimaru....for ever...and ever...
    Kisame is the one who said Itachi could take on Jiraiya though, Itachi didn't deny anything or confirm it, he just said he needed to rest.

True, but unless Jiraiya finds a way to get into Sage MOde or be able to break genjutsu, Itachi's more than likely gonna win. I'm not sure if Izanami will work on Jiraiya though. Not that I'd use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMod View Post
    That's why Itachi was just a pawn... because his tsukuyomi was unbeatable.
    No, he let himself be a "pawn," and even then Tobi feared him. Hell, even Nagato highly respected Itachi.
    Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Question is how easy would it be to catch Minato in a genjutsu? he's the fastest shinobi so it seems unlikely he well let someone make eye contact with him.
    Very easy. He was looking at Tobi right in the eyes, even after thinking Tobi could be Madara.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeMod
    That's why Itachi was just a pawn... because his tsukuyomi was unbeatable.
    What did he just say it requires inorder to beat Tsukuyomi? A Sharingan, or a Bijuu.

Minato has neither. And your defense against Minato having neither, and thus being incapable of defeating Tsukuyomi was... to call Itachi a pawn. To hell with making a point, let's just bash the character!

Part of me wants to ask who he was a pawn to, and how. The other half doesn't want to allow your misdirection to succeed so you'll have to accept that Minato, outside of staying mobile, has no defense against Tsukuyomi.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He wouldn't even know he'd be caught in Tsukuyomi, or if he even knows Tsukuyomi. The way Minato has fought throughout the manga shows he'd be put in Itachi's Tsukuyomi or any genjutsu, and from that it's all up to whether he can break out.

Orochimaru, someone who did extensive research on Sharingan and likely did intel on Itachi, as well as be in the same group as him, fell to Itachi's genjutsu. Why should we give Minato benefit of doubt here?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

he would know better than to look an uchiha in the eye

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think that? Gai was probably the first one who came up with avoiding looking at Sharingan thing, which he told Kakashi about. No one else has ever not looked at an Uchiha in the eyes until Kakashi told his teams not to. Minato even looked at Tobi in the eyes despite suspecting him to be Madara.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi has caught EVERY opponent he has ever faced in Genjutsu, jiraiya wouldn't be any different.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki
    minato wouldnt allow himself to bw caught in tsukyomi
    You think he'd have a choice? Minato can't fight an opponent he's not looking at, and aslong as he's looking in Itachi's general direction, Itachi just needs to glance in his eyes. That's it. That's it.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Itachi has caught EVERY opponent he has ever faced in Genjutsu, jiraiya wouldn't be any different.
    Is that a manga fact or just your opinion. Because I think, if yore talking about a fact from the manga, itachi clearly said that jiraiya's weakness is just a sexy babe and his direct genjutsu is useless to the eyes of the great jiraiya.

Denying that fact is almost the same as denying kishi's opinion.

And from my POV, even jiraiya has the ability to caught the entire akatsuki with his hermit mode genjutsu in one blow. Itachi, obito and nagato wouldn't be any different either. And that, of course is just my opinion, the same as yours for itachi.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Is that a manga fact or just your opinion. Because I think, if yore talking about a fact from the manga, itachi clearly said that jiraiya's weakness is just a sexy babe and his direct genjutsu is useless to the eyes of the great jiraiya.

Denying that fact is almost the same as denying kishi's opinion.

And from my POV, even jiraiya has the ability to caught the entire akatsuki with his hermit mode genjutsu in one blow. Itachi, obito and nagato wouldn't be any different either. And that, of course is just my opinion, the same as yours for itachi.
    No it's manga fact,your is opinion.
    1.kurenai = Genjutsu
    2. Kakashi = Genjutsu
    3. Sasuke =Genjutsu
    4.Dedaria = Genjutsu
    5.Naruto = Genjutsu
    6. Nagato = Genjutsu
    7. Kabuto = Genjutsu
    8. Killer bee = Genjutsu
    9. Orochimaru = Genjutsu
    Last edited by Prince Sasuke; June 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    No it's manga fact,your is opinion.
    1.kurenai = Genjutsu
    2. Kakashi = Genjutsu
    3. Sasuke =Genjutsu
    4.Dedaria = Genjutsu
    5.Naruto = Genjutsu
    6. Nagato = Genjutsu
    7. Kabuto = Genjutsu
    8. Killer bee = Genjutsu
    9. Orochimaru = Genjutsu
    Woooh. Nagato was being caught by itachi's genjutsu? When? How come I didn't read that in the manga?

But anyway, I wasn't talking about those nine ninjas, I'm talking about jiraiya. You just said that jiraiya wouldn't be any different. But based from the manga itself, itachi didn't claim that jiraiya's weakness is his genjutsu nor jiraiya's weakness is the tsukuyomi. But clearly, he just said that jiraiya's weakness is something else.

He's a pervert and his weakness is just a sexy babe. And itachi knows that. And that's no doubt a manga fact.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Woooh. Nagato was being caught by itachi's genjutsu? When? How come I didn't read that in the manga?

But anyway, I wasn't talking about those nine ninjas, I'm talking about jiraiya. You just said that jiraiya wouldn't be any different. But based from the manga itself, itachi didn't claim that jiraiya's weakness is his genjutsu nor jiraiya's weakness is the tsukuyomi. But clearly, he just said that jiraiya's weakness is something else.

He's a pervert and his weakness is just a sexy babe. And itachi knows that. And that's no doubt a manga fact.
    Yea when Itachi sealed Nagato in the tuskua blade. You didn't miss anything you just don't know the manga on my level lol. Over half of those ninja are better the Jiraiya at Genjutsu, and lie I said, EVERY SINGLE PERSON ITACHI FOUGHT WAS PUT IN A GENJUTSU..... Jiraiya,Minato or anyone else wouldn't be any different.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I see. Nagato being stabbed by totsuka and sealed into the totsuka world is entirely different than nagato was being caught by itachi's genjutsu.

Yea, I can't beat your manga knowledge. You're knowledgeable in a sense that you even said that nagato was being CAUGHT by itachi on GENJUTSU. you even included him on the list just to show how awesome itachi is. But for Pete's sake, nagato was just being hit by totsuka and not with itachi's genjutsu. nice try though.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Nananananana Batman Itachi-chan!

[Databook III - ShounenSuki]
    The Totsuka Sword
    [picture of Orochimaru being sealed into the Totsuka Sword]
    ←It's a type of "Kusanagi Sword*," equipped with the power to throw the person it stabs into a genjutsu world of drunken dreams, sealing them for all eternity. The sword itself carries a "fuuinjutsu".
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that. But the way he included nagato to his list as one of the characters who was being caught by itachi's genjutsu is somehow ridiculous. He included him to his victims who was caught by his sharingan's genjutsu. He just feel that itachi was great to cast nagato, a rinnegan user with his genjutsu.

New Reply
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast