Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

4 9.30%
  • Good!

13 30.23%
  • Okay

7 16.28%
  • Boring...

3 6.98%
  • Bad!

4 9.30%
  • Fail!

12 27.91%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

Thought Hiro might do something epic and different from what we've got.Bah what did i expect Chapter had a predictable outcome.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You guys really think Urtear is dead? Please...
    Something went wrong with the spell, which is why she rewinded only one minute so she probably still has some life force or "time" left. Doesn't seem like Mashima to make an important character sacrifice himself and die like that without anyone knowing shit about it.
    See the way i saw it, was since the spell brings it back for the time you have left, i thought it was funny because ultear only had 1 minute left to live, atleast that's how i saw it, she was gonna die in a minute and used the magic so it only brought he back 1 minute. still i enjoyed it for how predictable it was, the 1 minute part was worth the predictability in laughter.

she was quite attractive in that outfit as well, all i thought when i saw her skin turn red was, man shes curvy.

This was the sacrafice necessary for the counter attack, SO HAPPY TO SEE GAJEEL FIGHTING EVEN IF ITS ONLY FOR A GLIMPSE

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 335 Spoiler Thread

I'm sooo sorry to those critics once again being totally in delusions: My holiday's first week ends with a great FT chapter, which was written and played out nicely by Mashima. Bit by bit this dragon festival arc becomes better and better - I know it was the right decision not to stop reading FT through Edolas arc.

Salute to the Graytear shippers, you'll have a hard time - Gruvia shippers know how you feel (even though I'm not shipping at all. :P)

But there's even still a small possibility that she did survive, as the "Big Rewind" didn't appear to be completed to me (why would the mages have an after image effect which made them predict what happened in the time which was rewinded?). Or she subconsciously still couldn't kill herself (because of Meldy).

But until then, I stay sad... The first character ever introduced by name in Fairy Tail is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Me too. Predictable?? yes. But was it enjoyable?? definitely. This chapter, however predictable, it was well written IMO. But I'm definitely sad to see Ultear go. Especially with that Gray/Ultear ship tease. I always preferred them over Gruvia.
    Of course, it was well-written, nothing else can be expected from Mashima who really does his best arc of Fairy Tail atm. Even though one dragon turned sides: The mages NEEDED Ulltear's sacrifice and they NEEDED those who survived.

But why am I not surprised that some here either won't realize or decide to ignore what actually happened in this chapter?

She didn't just rewind one minute... She rewinded one minute in whole Earthland - which just literally made her one of the most powerful beings that actually ever existed in all Mangaverses.

She didn't just revive and save Gray... She brought back much more characters, and had a great influence on the whole battle - way more than she actually would have had if she actually participated with her standard Arc of Time by attacking the dragons or any of the Rogues...

If she really died here, I would totally miss her. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed until we see her grave after the arc is done.

4. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    I'm sooo sorry to those critics once again being totally in delusions: My holiday's first week ends with a great FT chapter, which was written and played out nicely by Mashima. Bit by bit this dragon festival arc becomes better and better - I know it was the right decision not to stop reading FT through Edolas arc.

Salute to the Graytear shippers, you'll have a hard time - Gruvia shippers know how you feel (even though I'm not shipping at all. :P)

But there's even still a small possibility that she did survive, as the "Big Rewind" didn't appear to be completed to me (why would the mages have an after image effect which made them predict what happened in the time which was rewinded?). Or she subconsciously still couldn't kill herself (because of Meldy).

But until then, I stay sad... The first character ever introduced by name in Fairy Tail is gone.

Of course, it was well-written, nothing else can be expected from Mashima who really does his best arc of Fairy Tail atm. Even though one dragon turned sides: The mages NEEDED Ulltear's sacrifice and they NEEDED those who survived.

But why am I not surprised that some here either won't realize or decide to ignore what actually happened in this chapter?

She didn't just rewind one minute... She rewinded one minute in whole Earthland - which just literally made her one of the most powerful beings that actually ever existed in all Mangaverses.

She didn't just revive and save Gray... She brought back much more characters, and had a great influence on the whole battle - way more than she actually would have had if she actually participated with her standard Arc of Time by attacking the dragons or any of the Rogues...

If she really died here, I would totally miss her. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed until we see her grave after the arc is done.
    Bolded: Now you're being a Bastard Neutral. Staying out of the line of fire and watching the shipping war with glee. You're a sadist, y'know that??

But that said, I pretty much agree with everything you just said. I do have a little beef with the way this arc is going, though. Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this arc is getting dragged out. While I have no doubt that this arc is definitely the best arc so far, I think the one big problem with it is the pacing. Hopefully Mashima can pick up the pace soon.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolded: Now you're being a Bastard Neutral. Staying out of the line of fire and watching the shipping war with glee. You're a sadist, y'know that??
    If I hurt one's feelings, I'm sorry. I guess I'll have to go back to my company's deescalation training after my holiday again.

But that said, I pretty much agree with everything you just said. I do have a little beef with the way this arc is going, though. Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this arc is getting dragged out. While I have no doubt that this arc is definitely the best arc so far, I think the one big problem with it is the pacing. Hopefully Mashima can pick up the pace soon.
    Well, I wouldn't say dragged but "there's too many different popular characters that need their time to shine." But that's a problem of all popular manga so I actually tend to ignore that bugging voice inside of me yelling for "more at once!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to comment... It has been long that I have read a well written chapter... the emotions were too good... For a moment i thought if everything goes back to the moment before gate opened whats up with all the chapters ... and it all turned out well...

It was predicted by many that gray will survive and Ultear will sacrifice for that ... The outcome was known .. But the way it has been done in the chapter was great .,.. people say 1 minute is important ..,, This chapter pointed that out very well... The whole emotions was how ultear thought it was a failure... But she didnt know what she did and others dont know who has done what for them to survive and thats what made it great for Ultear ...

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You guys really think Urtear is dead? Please...
    Something went wrong with the spell, which is why she rewinded only one minute so she probably still has some life force or "time" left. Doesn't seem like Mashima to make an important character sacrifice himself and die like that without anyone knowing shit about it.
    I thought thats what made it so great ... The untold story of a great sacrifice .. Even Ultear died knowing she didnt do anything worth ....

And it sounds just right that with the life energy of one person ... the values is equivalent to 1 minute of billion lives

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

What with Mashima's news about this chapter being emotional, I feel somewhat let down. I was actually looking forward to reading something that would make me teary-eyed or close but that's not to say I didn't enjoy reading the chapter.

As others have predicted, I'm also going with the fact that Urtear hasn't died but simply collapsed from having used up a lot of her life force. In the process I think she'll be saved but incapacitated for a period of time, leaving her guild partners to take care of her or maybe she will be sent to Porlyusica( thinking way beyond this arc). to help with her recovery.

Interesting to see which characters from the guilds had died in that same minute as Gray, though not completely unexpected because during a battle of that magnitude people will fall left right and centre. I think Mashima missed a great opportunity to let characters like Leon and Juvia go into an emotional fit of rage over Gray, which would've swayed the readers more I think. Some 2-3 pages of their attempted retaliation, together with Urtear's flashback and narration would've been I how I saw this chapter to be.

So we've got the humans counter-attack next, so I hope to see some Wendy/Laxus vs Zirconis and some Cobra too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

as predictable this was, ultear losing her life for just a 1 min, still means a lot however, i hope aside from people dying to have a purpose rather than just prop characters. i wonder if they will use ultear's sacrifice in other story arch because it is the whole world not just fiore. i think mashima is setting it up for the whole world to be included to the story.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it.
    I'm sad that she died (and it's not even 100% sure that she's dead).

But, I like the idea that all of her life was sacrificed only for 1 single minute, but that it was enough to make a difference.

Even though the worst is probably that she died (if she's dead) thinking that she couldn't save anyone...
    Despite that fact that she saved them, and especially Grey:/

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

That "my life is only worth one minute" is one of the saddest pages I've ever read.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

13. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The only surprising thing about the chapter was that it went precisely as everyone expected down to the letter. Not even a hint of a twist there, not even by accident... Then again its fairy tail so it does not really matter. Only real question is whether people will realize urtear used her magic to rewind time. Perhaps only gerard and a couple others close to her would notice. I am expecting meldy's and gerard's reaction to be honest... I wonder what will happen to her, she thought of urtear as of her mother. I wonder if at least her will get a pardon or something for her help.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

WHO would have thought that Gray survives ... oh wait, everyone.
    Kind of sad actually, his death didn't even last one chapter to built at least some tension or suspense.

And as most people already said, Ultear is probably alive aswell.

Isn't it also funny, how most of the people on the battlefield were on the verge of death or in some other sort of disadvantage the exact minute before her sacrifice?

But okay, alright, I know fairy tail is not about that.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this was a good chapter

the loli version of ultear was super cute, its sad to see her die though

i was really starting to like her

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The only surprising thing about the chapter was that it went precisely as everyone expected down to the letter. Not even a hint of a twist there, not even by accident... Then again its fairy tail so it does not really matter. Only real question is whether people will realize urtear used her magic to rewind time. Perhaps only gerard and a couple others close to her would notice. I am expecting meldy's and gerard's reaction to be honest... I wonder what will happen to her, she thought of urtear as of her mother. I wonder if at least her will get a pardon or something for her help.
    if ultear remains dead she will be one of the few that were actually killed by mashima

which is a bit of a change from the ordinary as not many characters bite the dust in this manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you said everything, predictable outcome, but enjoyable chapter.
    I like Ultear as a character and this chapter made me like her even more, because her sacrifice, useless in her opinion, literally saved the assess of everyone and gave them the chance to start the counterattack.
    For these reasons I hope that she won't die and the fact that she didn't use Last ages at full power is somewhat comforting.
    In any case I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

It was an expected chapter but at least the execution was quite good. She didn't only save Gray, she changed the momentum of the war. Now, it's time to kick ass and end this.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think Gray already realized.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast