Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

4 9.30%
  • Good!

13 30.23%
  • Okay

7 16.28%
  • Boring...

3 6.98%
  • Bad!

4 9.30%
  • Fail!

12 27.91%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Well, you said everything, predictable outcome, but enjoyable chapter.
    I like Ultear as a character and this chapter made me like her even more, because her sacrifice, useless in her opinion, literally saved the assess of everyone and gave them the chance to start the counterattack.
    For these reasons I hope that she won't die and the fact that she didn't use Last ages at full power is somewhat comforting.
    In any case I can't wait to read the next chapter.
    most of all i will miss ultears dynamic hips and amazing legs in those tights

she was one of the sexiest women in a manga full of sexy women

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Thuwa25's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think ultear is not really dead, maybe she might be in a coma, i mean if ultear dies who will take care meldy ? and who will help jellal in the guild of his...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite predictable move for Ultear, but it really sucks how her life and sacrifice would only cost 1 minute of time.
    Maybe the Time Ark would require a really strong magic power in order to be activated.

Well I also do hope that Ultear isn't dead. I mean, her final moments weren't able to sink into me. it felt kinda rushed.

Another thing I've noticed, Ultear has the most number of hairstyles in this manga XD

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe the magic she used consumes a certain amount of time that is determined by the outcomes it reverses as opposed to the value of the users time or power of their magic

for example

ultears "minute" saved several people that she was allied with (inderctly or directly) in a short period of time

so i guess what im saying is the spell consumes time based on quality of time as opposed to quantity of time

like "ultears life was worth saving these peoples lives" not "ultears life was worth one minute because she was a naughty girl"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind Urtear dying. But I do want to see her know that her sacrificed is not in vain and the minute she traded her life for is the start of what allows human to start their counterattack. That would be the most important part to me.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Time for some napkin maths :
    1 day = 1440 minutes
    1 year = 525600 minutes
    So if Crocus has 500000 inhabitants (which is a reasonable guess) and she used her magic for everyone in the city (no need to use it further, only Crocus is in danger for now), she lost only 1 year of her lifetime.

I think she'll survive it. She probably could only revert time by 1 minute because she didn't have enough magical power do do more.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, my bet on one minute is different.

I bet, that by the end of next chapter, we will see some sinister figure(-es) approaching Ultears corpse.

"My Time" might simply refer to "Time i have left".

She might have died within that one minute by someones hand.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultear, best female character after Mirajane. Gone but not forgotten
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TauCarlos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Retarded.. Rather than wasting a minute why didn't she get back to fighting one of the dragons?.. Nothing has changed! She's probably one of the top Mages there but decides to die on a whim for what????? No-one has made any progress in their fights and if anything how is it possible they have enough time to grieve when Gray only had a second to let his guard down.. Most pathetic death scenes I've ever seen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TauCarlos View Post
    Retarded.. Rather than wasting a minute why didn't she get back to fighting one of the dragons?
    Because her magic wouldn't do any good against dragons as she is not a dragon slayer!

In bigger letters so you might get it this time. Oh, and BTW: She saved many lives with that one minute and gave the opportunity for a counter attack.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TauCarlos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Because her magic wouldn't do any good against dragons as she is not a dragon slayer!

In bigger letters so you might get it this time. Oh, and BTW: She saved many lives with that one minute and gave the opportunity for a counter attack.
    Wtf there are only 7 dragon slayers there yet everyone is fighting but her??? Lol are you talking about how everyone can see 1 minute into the future?? If, as is it was described in the manga, the whole world went back 1 minute and everyone got a vision would that not include the dragons as well? How is that a counter-attack??? They are in the same position they were in before anyone died, so what?? They're atleast one pro mage down who wasted her life saving scrubs who still won't make a difference (Gray not included). It would have been better to see meldey die in front of her than waste chapters on her self reflection of her apparent sins??? No one cares how many people you killed or how easy it is easy for you to kill when entire city are fighting for their lives!

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Ultear would be ok after this, though would suffer from using Last Aegis.

I get the feeling that the Last Aegis is a sort of magic which actually has its own consciousness and thoughts. What i meant to say was that when Ultear used it, the magical power of Last Aegis judged that only one minute worth of time was required for the present situation to change in the favor of the Mages fighting against the Dragons and there was no need for it to use up Ultear's life anymore than that amount.

In short, its sort of judgmental type of magic (sort of like Fairy Law), but instead of the users feeling it works based on the requirement of the present situation and the castors will.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TauCarlos View Post
    Wtf there are only 7 dragon slayers there yet everyone is fighting but her??? Lol are you talking about how everyone can see 1 minute into the future?? If, as is it was described in the manga, the whole world went back 1 minute and everyone got a vision would that not include the dragons as well? How is that a counter-attack??? They are in the same position they were in before anyone died, so what?? They're atleast one pro mage down who wasted her life saving scrubs who still won't make a difference (Gray not included). It would have been better to see meldey die in front of her than waste chapters on her self reflection of her apparent sins??? No one cares how many people you killed or how easy it is easy for you to kill when entire city are fighting for their lives!
    Now I try to get through your chaotic post... You apparently haven't understood this chapter at all, have you?

If the whole world is set back for a minute, of course the dragons are affected by it as they're part of that world as it does no harm to dragons at all. Just like Fairy Shield was able to block Acnologia's dragon breath. But none of Ultear's other fighting skills she has shown so far up to this point could harm a dragon as she is not a Dragon Slayer. No magic other than Dragon Slayer magic can harm dragons. That's the rule.

And loosening Mirai Rogue's influence on the remaining 6 dragons wasn't within her powers either.

That one minute was enough to save Macao, Gray, Droy and going by the last pages, Gajeel and Bacchus also from either certain death or taking heavy damage from an attack.

And of course, it's nowhere in the chapter that setting back time for one minute was the counterattack already. It's only the beginning of the counter attack like a starting shot. By gaining one minute, she opened the door for the counterattack which is now to begin next chapter.

Ultear deserved half of this chapter and all of those final moments to get some closure to her life.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhhhh so apparently Chelia has gone missing.

Wonder where she went off to...
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

mothere used ultimate spell and died ..
    She too..

its all about the family
    --
    The Mangas i like: