Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

4 9.30%
  • Good!

13 30.23%
  • Okay

7 16.28%
  • Boring...

3 6.98%
  • Bad!

4 9.30%
  • Fail!

12 27.91%
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Fairy Tail 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 335 Discussion/ 336 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Spygrl View Post
    That's something I don't understand... where did the mini-dragons come from. There were only seven dragons that made it through the gate. Did I miss something as to why they aren't just fighting those seven dragons?
    The dragon future rogue is one right now is spawned the mini dragons not too long back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by n1mr0d View Post
    Well i was kinda disappointed, i was hoping to see something nearly apocalyptic, like only 4 mage of each guild would have survived and then to save Ultear the world with her life, and i don't think that her life was such a small fry, at least it could have been more then 10 min, but less then 20 min. And only with one minute deja vu, the humanity could start the offensive ? that's sort of impossible, even 10 min wouldn't be enough to start the offensive , against so many mini dragons...
    Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect? Basically in complex systems, small changes early on result in great change later. This is commonly see in stuff like weather forecasting where changing a number by .0001 can have drastic effects on a forecast model over time. Or the poem about "for want of a nail"? Basically for lack of a single horseshoe nail, a kingdom is overthrown and conquered.

What Ultear's done is start a butterfly effect. One minute role back, and knowledge granted of that minute. Characters used that knowledge to save their own lives, and avoid taking heavy blows. So now instead of being dead, Gray and Bacchus are available to help turn the tide against the mini dragons. Gajeel no longer takes a blow that turns his fight against him, keeping the dragon from winning and breaking through to attack others. Etc and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spygrl View Post
    That's something I don't understand... where did the mini-dragons come from. There were only seven dragons that made it through the gate. Did I miss something as to why they aren't just fighting those seven dragons?
    You did. You missed this:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/330/4
    http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/330/5
    http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/330/6

In short, the one dragon spawned the smaller ones.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner n1mr0d's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect? Basically in complex systems, small changes early on result in great change later. This is commonly see in stuff like weather forecasting where changing a number by .0001 can have drastic effects on a forecast model over time. Or the poem about "for want of a nail"? Basically for lack of a single horseshoe nail, a kingdom is overthrown and conquered.
    The weather's forecasting is a whole new level compared to grays death and the others, did you see how many beam hit Gray ? How could he avoid all of them ?
    And what can he remember after he was hit by the first beam ? I'm pretty sure the first one was deadly enough.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather's forecasting is a whole new level compared to grays death and the others, did you see how many beam hit Gray ? How could he avoid all of them ?
    And what can he remember after he was hit by the first beam ? I'm pretty sure the first one was deadly enough.
    Very simple, they showed the answer in the chapter itself. He doesn't need to avoid all of them. He doesn't even need to avoid the first shot that hit him. He needs to be looking the right direction so he sees the first mini dragon and kills it, then the group right behind it, before any of them get off any shots period. And that's exactly what they did in the chapter. The vision had all of them looking right at the mini dragon as it crawled out from cover and they immediately killed it and the ones behind it.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, being shot through the heart is more an instant guarantee of death than an instant death. An injury like the final shot would be an instant kill, but all the others would require him to lose enough blood for his various body systems to no longer be able to function, then a moment for everything to give out. If he were sufficiently in shock from the attack then he might not notice what went on around him after that, but he would have at least remembered the other attacks, save possibly the last, for the aforementioned reason. Not that it matters, really. Merudy was the one who recalled where the attack would come from so Gray could see and block it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

The weather's forecasting is a whole new level compared to grays death and the others, did you see how many beam hit Gray ?
    Krono pulled up an analogue to explain cause and effect in a chaotic (he said "complex" though) system like time.

How could he avoid all of them ?
    After being warned by Lyon, he saw the minidragon shooting on Juvia and pushed her aside in chapter 334. So he knew where the first shot came from that pierced his chest. The other minidragon shot from the same direction, and as Gray was still conscious, he also knows where those dragons came from. Merdy only recalled that so she may have some use and dialogue in this chapter (not that I would mind) after being separated from Ulltear...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a bit of free time at the moment, so I'll go ahead and give a bit more of an example of the butterfly effect at work here.

Before Ultear rewound time:

-Bacchus misjudges an attack from a mini dragon and fails to block it and gets a claw buried in his chest for his mistake. He dies and the mini dragon moves on.
    -It moves on to encounter Sabertooth, preparing for an attack of a large group of mini dragons from a different direction.
    -Since Minerva's MIA and Sting and Rogue are fighting dragons, Rufus and Orga are their only power houses left.
    -Like the mini dragon that first hit Gray, it launches a surprise attack that kills Rufus.
    -Confused, frightened, and demoralized at the loss of one of their strongest, Sabertooth's attention is divided between the group about to hit them, and looking for the one that got Rufus.
    -With one of their two best AoE (area of effect) attackers gone, and their attention divided, most of the group of mini dragons reaches Sabertooth to engage them
    -Without Rufus and his ability to launch a precision attack against multiple targets, Sabertooth is unable to recover, gets overwhelmed, and wiped out.
    -Without Sabertooth to soak up mini dragons, groups of them that would otherwise be wiped out by Sabertooth attack weaker guilds who are unable to deal with them and get wiped out in turn.
    -The guilds slowly get over run, the DS distracted by their friends dying lose their fights, and F. Rogue and the dragons win.

After Ultear rewound time:

-Bacchus sees the attack that kills him ahead of time, blocks it, kills the mini dragon, and moves on.
    -Without the mini dragon killing Rufus, Sabertooth is undistracted from the large group about to hit them.
    -Rufus and Orga tear great holes in the group before it can reach Sabertooth.
    -Sabertooth easily holds back the survivors that manage to engage them, and a precision attack from Rufus makes mopping up the survivors easy.
    -Sabertooth moves on to wipe out more groups.
    -With less pressure on them, the weaker guilds win their fights and move on to help others
    -The guilds wipe out the mini dragons, and undistracted the dragon slayers either win their fights, or hold out until Future Rogue is defeated and the dragon's lose interest in obeying his orders.

Thus the difference between one small attack being blocked or not block turns the tide of the battle one way or another.

For further reference, read these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Want_of_a_Nail

That is how turning back one minute can turn the tide of battle.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

well her death is sad at least she is now which her mother lool there should be a mini-adventurers with her and her mother

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about it just killing urtear like that would be kinda unfitting for mashima. The guy is all about the happy endings to a great degree. There are sad moments but he rarely passes on an opportunity to give someone a random nice ending... I am think that urtear will live for a while and after she "dies" she will actually travel in time to the past to a moment where she can reunite with her mother. She would basically get her wish and a fresh start.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Thinking about it just killing urtear like that would be kinda unfitting for mashima. The guy is all about the happy endings to a great degree. There are sad moments but he rarely passes on an opportunity to give someone a random nice ending... I am think that urtear will live for a while and after she "dies" she will actually travel in time to the past to a moment where she can reunite with her mother. She would basically get her wish and a fresh start.
    "All about the happy endings to a great degree" and "rarely passes on an opportunity to give someone a random nice ending" are not that accurate. Leaving aside Rave Master, where happy endings were in somewhat shorter supply, Fairy Tail isn't exactly free from bad endings itself. Simon died protecting Erza, without ever being able to confess his own love for her. Lucy came back from Tenrou Island all inspired to truly reconcile with her father, only to find out he'd died before she returned, forever denying them a true reconciliation. Hoteye turned good, helped stop Nirvana, then found out his younger brother was alive and well... as he was getting hauled off to prison. Oracion Seis in general is in a similar boat to Jellal. Kidnapped, enslaved, effectively brainwashed. They're currently sitting in prison, no happy end for them so far. The "happy ending" for Mystogan and Edoras was "Edoras loses all magic forever and has to rebuild their magic dependent society into one that isn't magic dependent.". The "happy ending" for the Exceed was "We've lost everything but the clothes on our backs, but we're alive!"

So Ultear dying here would not be that far out of line with the rest of the series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

That is how turning back one minute can turn the tide of battle.
    Where is the panel Rufus get kill? Do I miss that?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Where is the panel Rufus get kill? Do I miss that?
    He didn't. I'm giving a theoretical example for the benefit of the people that don't believe, or find it difficult to believe that the one minute rewind could be "the catalyst for humanity's counter attack." As such I created this example to demonstrate how someone as seemingly insignificant as Bacchus living or dying could impact the entire battle.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Spygrl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome... thank you both

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6