Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Collective Reading of Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Collective Reading of Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou

Collective Reading of YOKOHAMA KAIDASHI KIKOU
    by ASHINANO Hitoshi

Hi there,

We are inviting the community to join us in the collective reading of this fantastic manga.

Reviews

Taken from Mangaupdates:

Quote Quote:
    This is the story of Alpha Hasseno, an Alpha 7 M2 series robot. Left by her owner, she appears and acts fully human while running a small coffee shop named Cafe Alpha. It is a light-hearted story about the people Alpha comes into contact with behind the backdrop of a futuristic country side in Japan. As we meet Alpha, she makes a shopping trip to Yokohama.

The prologue chapter of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō won Afternoon magazine's Four Seasons Award for debut works, and series won the 2007 Seiun Award for Best Manga.
    For a detailed review you can read the wiki of the manga.

Rules for the collective reading

We will discuss the rules for the collective reading from today until next Monday 17th June. Reading will begin in 17th June, and will keep advancing on the following weeks.

You are very welcome to join us!!

So, are we going to use an schedule or simply the spoiler tag rule? Post your proposals.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collective Reading of Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou

Really nice!!! Many thanks for creating the thread Asarii!!!! I'd love to read this comic. I can read using schelude or simply the spoiler tag.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful manga! Easily one of my favourites. Putting it into words is somehow impossible....

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Wonderful manga! Easily one of my favourites. Putting it into words is somehow impossible....
    I have been looking it a bit, without a proper reading, and I see there are a lot of chapters with out texts. My thought was: ey, here we have truly visual communication! Which seems to me very nice. Because just the drawing tell us the story. :-)

---------- Post added June 12, 2013 at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was June 11, 2013 at 07:20 PM ----------

There are 141 short chapters (no more than 17 pages in general). I propose to begin with this schedule: 5 chapters per week, with the possibility to change the pace whenever we agree on it. What about that?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    There are 141 short chapters (no more than 17 pages in general). I propose to begin with this schedule: 5 chapters per week, with the possibility to change the pace whenever we agree on it. What about that?
    This sounds goods to me. I don't think five chapters per week will be overwhelming.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice read to those who will participate. This manga is really lovely. One warning though, don't expect to much action or plot development. This is more about an atmosphere. So I guess one could focus discussions on a more phylosophical side.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So we have 5 chapters per week, hi I would like to join in here. I think the manga it self flows faster so we can do 10, but for a start I am ok with 5. Ho do we discuss it? Spoiler tags till all are caught up or?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    So we have 5 chapters per week, hi I would like to join in here. I think the manga it self flows faster so we can do 10, but for a start I am ok with 5. Ho do we discuss it? Spoiler tags till all are caught up or?
    So nice that you join us! Up to now, for what we know, it will be you, Asarii and me. You're right about this comic can be read faster. But I'm not sure if it's worth to speed the reading. I mean, tho, I haven't read it, the comments I have been reading makes me think that, even if the whole texts of the comic can be read in a weekend, it's the picture/the art that mainly tells the story, and it's important to let the pictures capture you. I think only whit the reading of some chapters, I'll know if that 'magic' requires more or less time. So I agree it's fine to begin with 5 chapters per week.

Following that schedule, from Jun 17 to 24 we will be posting our impressions about chapters 1 to 5,
    from Jun 25 to Jul 2, impressions about chapters 6 to 10, etc...
    And we can evaluate and change the schedule anytime.
    Also we can use spoiler tags.

The previous experiences with the reading of Nausicaä and Planetes have taught me that the collective reading needs a voice. I mean: it's important to share impressions at the same pace we have those impressions, and not to wait until the end of a big chunk to write a comment. In other words, more important than posting conclusions about big chunks, is to post impressions we are having of each rather little piece. Like if you were making public some kind of diary of the reading. The exchange will be much more enrichment for every one.

Welcome and have a good reading!!
    Last edited by ukimix; June 19, 2013 at 05:54 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, thanks.^^ Glad to be here.

Well, I do think we need to keep each other updated on where we are, have we finished the 5 chapters or not, for example have you begun the reading since the week has already started?

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I do, but I was reading on my laptop, then I stopped because I got the feeling that it was much better if I read in my 22'' pc. I will begin again tomorrow and I'm planning on posting my impressions next Sat.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I do, but I was reading on my laptop, then I stopped because I got the feeling that it was much better if I read in my 22'' pc. I will begin again tomorrow and I'm planning on posting my impressions next Sat.
    Lulz ok, I will probably go over the first five today and tomorrow and will post impressions on them as soon as I finish them. In spoiler tags of course. I am going on vacation on the 20th so it will be hard to visit as much, but I think I have wireless in the hotel so I will jump in here as soon as I get there as well.

Otherwise I hope you are looking forward to reading this series as much as I am.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lulz ok, I will probably go over the first five today and tomorrow and will post impressions on them as soon as I finish them. In spoiler tags of course. I am going on vacation on the 20th so it will be hard to visit as much, but I think I have wireless in the hotel so I will jump in here as soon as I get there as well.

Otherwise I hope you are looking forward to reading this series as much as I am.
    I do really like what I have seen and the comments I have read. The art is just great, and I already have seen some characters to "fall in love with". Sure I'm looking forward to read it. Also I'm looking forward to read and share comments. Always that I read a good comic I feel the need to talk about it with someone else, lol.

Good vacations!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I do really like what I have seen and the comments I have read. The art is just great, and I already have seen some characters to "fall in love with". Sure I'm looking forward to read it. Also I'm looking forward to read and share comments. Always that I read a good comic I feel the need to talk about it with someone else, lol.

Good vacations!
    Haha, I am the same, that is why I sometimes feel alone in the seinen section and I feel like some sort of outcast reading the manga there.

Good to see you are picking this project up.

Thanks.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I am the same, that is why I sometimes feel alone in the seinen section and I feel like some sort of outcast reading the manga there.

Good to see you are picking this project up.

Thanks.
    Two or more outcasts are a gang

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this thread now and I thought it so interesting. =D
    I heard about Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou recently and I think that is a great opportunity to read it and more than that, share impressions about it.

I still have time to join you? ^^

With 5 chapters per week I think that will be a smooth reading even with my slow rhythm of reading. All of you already read it before or there is anyone that is reading for the first time like me?
    The impressions could be different in the first reading and in a rereading too. This makes it even more interesting.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast