Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Mayurii's Arrest and imprisonment

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayurii's Arrest and imprisonment

So i been wondering do we know for sure what he was imprisoned for?

If not what are your thoughts on his crimes?

Were they to do with his experiments?

Was he a prisoner of war?

Do you think the Recent Captain-Commander knows what his experiment is at the moment?

Is Uuryu going to Ywach to become a VR for the purpose of killing Mayuri and rescuing Nemu because of the simulates between her and his mother?

Is Mayuri an experiment himself and that's why he has no regard for anything or anyone?

If yes was the Experiment Soul Society created or something the VR made which escaped?
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mayurii's Arrest and imprisonment

The Captain Commander recieved a proper verbal spanking from Mayuri. I honestly couldn't believe that scene after the first read.

CC seems to be heavily relying on Mayuris power over spiritual science.

The lion and grotesque monster..somehow forming a union. I think Mayuri is destined to meet his ancient partner in the next realm. For the plots sake Mayuri must pay for his grievous sins as well. I think round two with Uryuu will be his epic end.

Nonetheless, Mayuri has a game changer up his sleeve. He collected Szayles entire lab and maybe even some of Aizens left overs.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShadyInversion's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally I thought it was some heinous war crime or experiment. But we know now that SS doesn't care remotely about the lives of it's citizens. (The human race though possibly). Mayuri either did something really bad in the human world or he did something that threatened SS directly.

The human world thing seems unlikely but perhaps Mayuri himself made first contact with the Quincy. Perhaps his incarceration was a consequence of his provocation? We actually don't know his true age. Between science hax, Bach, and Soul King we can't take appearances at face value.

I think he could have been a maverick that threatened SS probably indirectly through some mad experiment of his. This is the most obvious possibility. Mayuri hasn't shown a particular interest in politics so I don't think he actually rebelled at any point.

An interesting thought would be if he tried to break into the Royal Realm in some attempt to stalk and kill Senjomaru. He obviously is so obsessed about her he made his own imitation love doll, calls it his daughter, and then abuses it to no end. (Conjecture here)

The evidence is that SS has allowed monsters near free reign over it's citizens as long as the monsters don't threaten the Seireitei or Central 46. It is implied that Yamamoto's bankai killed countless during his early years around the founding of the Gotei 13. Yachiru Unohana was a butcher that killed civilians for sport. Hollow's seem relatively common in the outskirts of SS. Then there's the mod soul debacle.

Mayuri himself kills his own squadmembers, abuses and molests his daughter figure, committed war crimes on the Quincy, and recently killed thousands of civilians with little consequence and no accountability.

Whatever the reason for Mayuri's incarceration it was probably not on moral grounds. It had to threaten something major for SS to go through the trouble of incarcerating him. More importantly, why and how did they manage to incarcerate him and why didn't he escape?

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought, Mayuri volunteered to be imprison, because he had no real interest in associating himself with Soul Society or Rukongai for that matter. Wasn't it, Urahara's proposition that led to Mayuri, once again, volunteering to leave the prison?.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, The Maggot's nest wasn't for people who have committed crimes per-se, but they were simply people with a high capacity to be dangerous/commit crimes. Hence Hiyori's repulsion to the place. In return, the prisoners were "free" in the prison, since they didn't do anything. Mayuri was just a particularly powerful and dangerous individual so he was exception to the rule.

I do think whatever his relationship to that one zero squad captain is will definitely explain a lot about him, whether he was always the way he was, or if something had happened. Plus, can't help but notice a similar hairstyle between that zero squad captain and Nemu.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyInversion View Post
    Originally I thought it was some heinous war crime or experiment. But we know now that SS doesn't care remotely about the lives of it's citizens. (The human race though possibly). Mayuri either did something really bad in the human world or he did something that threatened SS directly.

The human world thing seems unlikely but perhaps Mayuri himself made first contact with the Quincy. Perhaps his incarceration was a consequence of his provocation? We actually don't know his true age. Between science hax, Bach, and Soul King we can't take appearances at face value.

I think he could have been a maverick that threatened SS probably indirectly through some mad experiment of his. This is the most obvious possibility. Mayuri hasn't shown a particular interest in politics so I don't think he actually rebelled at any point.

An interesting thought would be if he tried to break into the Royal Realm in some attempt to stalk and kill Senjomaru. He obviously is so obsessed about her he made his own imitation love doll, calls it his daughter, and then abuses it to no end. (Conjecture here)

The evidence is that SS has allowed monsters near free reign over it's citizens as long as the monsters don't threaten the Seireitei or Central 46. It is implied that Yamamoto's bankai killed countless during his early years around the founding of the Gotei 13. Yachiru Unohana was a butcher that killed civilians for sport. Hollow's seem relatively common in the outskirts of SS. Then there's the mod soul debacle.

Mayuri himself kills his own squadmembers, abuses and molests his daughter figure, committed war crimes on the Quincy, and recently killed thousands of civilians with little consequence and no accountability.

Whatever the reason for Mayuri's incarceration it was probably not on moral grounds. It had to threaten something major for SS to go through the trouble of incarcerating him. More importantly, why and how did they manage to incarcerate him and why didn't he escape?
    i think the last part has one answer: uruhara, he did seem to show an extreeme amount of animosity for uruhara even in his maggots nest days, so i assume whatever was the cause happened before his imprisionment, possibly uruhara plyed a pivotal role in convincing everyone he was dangerous.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri as far as we know did something between absolutely nothing and squat to earn his place in the maggot's nest. The maggot's nest was a place for people which the government deemed too "potentially" dangerous to be among regular people. Not a single person within the maggot's nest every commited a crime as far as we know. It is interesting mayuri was a special case though, he was the only one within the maggot's nest who was confined. I guess he somehow stood out far more than other people there.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well he is a genius, but also a bit of a nut-job

i have a feeling he did something pretty damn awful

i always admired how urahara sought out and freed mayurii for the sake of his scientific ability

their relationship always intrigued me, you could tell mayurii couldnt stand urahara but respected him, and you could also tell how

much urahara respected him
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; June 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If mayuri had done something he would have been sent to regular prison though. The shinigami conveniently have 8 or 9 levels of prisons to throw people into so far, there is no need for them to put mayuri in the maggot's nest if he did something. At best the scenario would be that they did not catch mayuri doing anything.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    If mayuri had done something he would have been sent to regular prison though. The shinigami conveniently have 8 or 9 levels of prisons to throw people into so far, there is no need for them to put mayuri in the maggot's nest if he did something. At best the scenario would be that they did not catch mayuri doing anything.
    good point, i would love to find out the actual reason from a data book or something

he was definitely feared by the government or leaders of SS

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Maggot's Nest is more of a pre-emptive measure than a form of punishment. IIRC Urahara said it's where those who are deemed a threat to SS are sent before they've had the chance to wreak havoc. So Mayuri needn't have actually done anything beyond his normal experiments to have been put there. He was a very intelligent experimenter with no ethical boundaries, that's enough reason for SS to have feared him.

edit: ...All of which was posted hours before I typed that, lol.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; June 14, 2013 at 04:43 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so we can all agree that the maggot's nest wasn't a prison per-say but what about the other questions?
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe his lack of ears is an indicator that he may be a victim of experimentation from shutara, he doesnt seem to lack anything else close to his ears so i believe it must have something to do with experimentation.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyInversion View Post
    I think that his incarceration was successful, because of Urahara.
    Which explains a good deal of why they have not just a scientist rivalry, but also, an underlying frustration with each other.
    Of course urahara plays this off very well, and with good humor.
    the Kon Doll projection screen from chapter 518- http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/518/3

now at this point we know mayuri has modified kon, and yet, did not discover the projection device. he then inspects the eye sockets, poking them only to have urahara make a smartass comment about disabling the switches! lol.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/518/5

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

New Reply