Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Whose your favorite summon in this chapter?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aoda

17 27.87%
  • Gamakachi

43 70.49%
  • Katsuyu.

1 1.64%
New Reply

Thread: Naruto 3-Way Deadlock Review.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto 3-Way Deadlock Review.

Hey everyone, the latest chapter of Naruto just came out and I'm glad I have the time to review it, luckily my final exams have been pretty easy and haven't eaten the giant chunk of time I expected them to take.

To read my review of chapter 633 click below.

http://game8review.blogspot.com/2013...33-review.html

Last week's poll was split almost evenly between all the techniques the rookie 9 showed, Shino's bugs were considered the most impressive though so congrats to him, oddly enough Kiba who I thought displayed the most amazing skill of all ( come on, how awesome is Cerebrus?) got almost no votes at all. Anyways lets talk about this week's chapter.

The chapter starts out with a pretty sweet panel of team 7 on their respective summon, Naruto immediately asks how Gamakachi got this big, which is a fair question considering that he didn't get much bigger in the 2.5 years time skip yet he got huge since the invasion of Pein arc not too long ago, but alright lets not nitpick here.

( Anyone wondering what Bunta is doing? what is more important that fighting the Jyuubi right now?)

Its interesting to see the sheer size of the Jyuubi when compared to the summons, they seem tiny next to it and their gigantic in their own rights.

I gotta admit, I like the new snake summon, I think this is the first snake summon we get who isn't a complete jackass, the Mandas were pretty annoying but this new guy is quite awesome. Also some people seem to think its wrong that Sasuke can still summon snakes but that seems pretty normal to me, he probably made a pact with them just like Naruto did with the toads.

Its weird to think though that while the new generation of Sanin get their own summons, Sakura is stuck with Katsuya again, would have been interesting if she got her own summon like her team mates did.

So team 7 charges ahead with their summons, well 2/3 of them do and Sakura stays behind, a little disappointing in my opinion that she isn't going forward and killing stuff to, I mean all she did since her big powerup was one gigantic punch and then summoning Katsuya to heal, I would have liked a big more punching from her. But it seems we wont be getting that.

Loving the combination of Susanno and Aoda, by combining the massive mobility of the snake with the sheer power of Susanno, Sasuke is really a lethal force. I get the feeling this might be a foreshadow of a Kyuubi/Susanno combo in the future, something we already saw Madara perform in the past.

We get a small montage of the rookie 9 wishing the best, and yet again, Lee and Tenten are gone. What is up with that? I mean sure Lee already had a small moment when he and Naruto attacked the Uchiha duo like 10 chapters ago, but since then he's been missing for too long. You'd think Tenten as one of the best long range fighters would be seen throwing some kunai or something but nope, she's invisible too it seems.

Also Sakura sure seems awfully proud of Sasuke this chapter too, crying just from watching his techniques? yeah sorry Naru/Saku fans, Kishi is killing that pairing hard.

The wind/fire combo was mentioned 300 chapters ago and its nice to see it finally combined here between Sasuke and Naruto, and whats more it looks like it actually did damage the Jyuubi for once ( which it will heal off by the next chapter of course). The combination though did kind of make Naruto say something a little weird.

Well, whatever makes you happy Naruto.

Juugo sure gets a lot of attention for a guy who just stands around doesn't he? and it seems Sai might be suspecting something as well, I like this development a lot, its nice to think that Sasuke might have some hidden motives for what he does rather than just being this good guy all of a sudden.

Love this last panel, after weeks of speculating what Orochimaru is doing and where he is, we finally find out, he's gone to help Tsunade, and that's probably why he needed Karin as well since she's an amazing sensor and could help him find her ( also for her healing abilities as well). Whether or not Orochimaru intends to help though is another question, but this is honestly one of the best cliffhangers we've had for a long time and I'm excited for next week's chapter.

Predictions.
    Obviously the biggest prediction to make right now is what is Orochimaru up to? he's either there to kill the Kages ( or in some way harm them) Or he's there to heal them, me I don't think he means to help them, it just doesn't seem like something he would do. Then again a reunion of those two Sannin is quite exciting to look forward to.

Rating.

A really good chapter this week, which is a relief considering how last week was pure fanservice, while the story didnt actually move forward much here, the pieces were set up nicely, mainly with Orochimaru, its amazing how that guy can make a chapter better just by appearing in one panel, but he pulls it off here nicely, this chapter gets a 4 out of 5 from me.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 3-Way Deadlock Review.

Thanks Otomo .like your review...

Really love the last panel...

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dude, appreciating the love

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura cried because Naruto did not end up fighting Sasuke to the death like everyone thought. They're fighting together even. I actually liked that part to some degree but I think it's quite premature seeing as the Juubi is still gonna go on a rampage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I should also mention that that Naruto statement is a reference to when Naruto discovered his affinity, and Kakashi stated that he had the best affinity to deal with lightning, but this was back in the day when Naruto was still pining after Sasuke and said, "I can keep the flames from dying out by buffing them up with wind" (or something to that affect) and then makes the same statement as those presented in this chapter.

Maybe you already knew this/forgot this, but hence the flashback-esk panels in this chapter.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

P.S. Good review

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I did know, I just wanted to make a joke. Didnt think anyone would take it seriously.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Again.Sakura's role is being a healer.So ofcourse she didn't fight.If Kishi drew her punching the ground and sending them Mini Juubi's flying and stuff,people would certainly bitch about that."Meh Sakura just punches the ground and shit.Kishi is just wasting pannels " >.>

Naruto and Sasuke provide enough firepower.Sakura needs to heal the alliance so that they can come forward and fight again in a while.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

40 votes in, 0 for katsuyu.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ur owned foo View Post
    40 votes in, 0 for katsuyu.
    Not surprised really, its hard to beat a katana wielding frog and an awesome looking snake, still I thought she might get at least 4-5 votes or something.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's because of Sakura summoning her.... she lost the voters that would have voted for her. Also we have only ever scene one slug.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be very surprised if Orochimaru didn't heal Tsunade. I bet he'll heal her, and they'll say something like,

TSUNADE: "You're.... helping that boy...?"
    OROCHIMARU: "I just want to see where his path leads..."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RomeCity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, no one picked the slug. Ha!

Over 9000!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member liangbi's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Orochimaru might really be the first and final villain
    "For every man there is a purpose which he sets up in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds"
    PSN: triancirc

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Katsuyu isn't so bad. Bigger Gama Kichi and random subservient snake? Katsuyu deserves some respect in comparison :P

--

Orochimaru no longer seems to be a villain. I'm almost expecting Tsunade, Orochimaru, and Jiraiya together again also. Time to sacrifice one of the old kages to resurrect Jiraiya (unless Tsunade is already dead - she might be)

New Reply