Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Is DoFlamingo really a Tennryubito ?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 46.03%
  • No

10 7.94%
  • He simply has ties with someone from WG

35 27.78%
  • Other

23 18.25%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 712 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post

To me the big question is why a Teryubito wants the One Piece?

to answer the question i need to know "what" One Piece is. Is it an ancient Kingdom? A city? A weapon? A book (about the hidden truth?)? And does he really want One Piece? It was stated that he wants to be the Pirate King. Maybe he wants to overthrow his "own people"? Can't answer that question without any more information.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomuNoBigBoner View Post
    So, if Doflamingo's a celestial dragon, how come he looked all screwed up as a child. =D
    Spoiler show

I think it was just Oda trying to show us his childhood appearance without spoiling the plot. Would have sucked if he drew him with Tenryuubito uniform with air bubble and sitting on a slave instead on an armchair.
    Then again, maybe he escaped from Mariejoia as a kid and started from zero. It would certainly suit the personality of someone with COC. Maybe he, just like Luffy, wanted to be a pirate even though his family wanted something else from him.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Gorosei created the shichibukai as a balance of power.
    Thnx for the new info. Try to think outside the box. Someone had to come up with the idea of creating 7 corsairs in the first place. Yes, their obligation is to create a counter balance to Yonkou by destroying new pirates who try to get to NW, stopping Yonkou from becoming even more powerfull that way and to fight against them when WG calls. But it looks like Doflamingo was right there from the start and I'm wondering if he was the one who gave the idea, or if it was a way for WG to cooperate with him easier (in addition to other benefits of having 7 strong pirates at disposal).

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Well Woman from Dressrosa seems to be special.
    About her devil fruit I wonder how she can use it to ko people.
    I think more she can Inception Sanjis thought and give him a new Goal.
    She plant the Idea that she is the only one for Sanji.

But to the Spoiler so far that Flamingo belongs to a tenryubito family is something surprising. That he get protected from them for being the Slave trader, that could i understand. But that he goes the same Way as Sabo, that he is a Royal that want to be a Pirate only to be free. It doesn´t loo so and make no sense, after he earn all the Money.

And yes that could be shake up the World is now a good Point. What is when everyone finds out that WG are Pirates. What kind of light would that bring to all the Populance.
    And yes that bring also new possible Theorys about the missing Years in the History.

Also like former Posts already says. What will happen when Sakazuki get telled what about Flamingo or the whole Story behind. Can the WG betray there own Soldiers in all they believe in. Special in Sakazuki total justice. I would say when Flamingo get a free ticket maybe the Marine splitt from the WG.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Also like former Posts already says. What will happen when Sakazuki get telled what about Flamingo or the whole Story behind. Can the WG betray there own Soldiers in all they believe in. Special in Sakazuki total justice. I would say when Flamingo get a free ticket maybe the Marine splitt from the WG.
    They already betrayed their own citizens by secretly helping Doflamingo with experiments and fruit production. Some of the marines have a strong sense of honor and are good people. Even Sakazuki isn't a real villain. He follows his sense of justice and we never really saw him do bad stuff out of pure meanness. WG and Tenryuubito are different. They don't care about the little people. All they want is world domination by any means.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu's justice is compatible with defending the Teryubitos with all of their weird slavery practices. The whole WG and Marine organization is there to defend certain status quo, which involve the Teryubitos condition. So, 'absolut justice' is a very particular concept of justice.

It's completely possible that Akinu had known about DD being a Teryubito. What he is searching now is the reason for not being told about the fake resignation. If you want something that get Akainu mad about DD, that would be his business with Kaido, not his Teryubito condition.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Even Sakazuki isn't a real villain. He follows his sense of justice and we never really saw him do bad stuff out of pure meanness.
    Uff, I thought trying to kill Coby and actually killing scared Marines that were about to desert was quite mean in my books. Though for his view on justice they may be justified.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Even Sakazuki isn't a real villain. He follows his sense of justice and we never really saw him do bad stuff out of pure meanness.
    Eh, does "Ohara Escape Ship" ring a bell?

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that spoiler really sets things up ever further with more questions. It would make sense if one of the tennryubito wanted to become a pirate since Sabo was of noble blood and wanted to be a pirate too. In fact, this could give more swing to Sabo (if alive) actually being in the crew of DD. Either way, this really makes things more interesting. As vergo warned Law, he didn't really know about the extent of DD's influence nor his past.

With that said, it would even go as far to show why he has ability to get requests from people of higher status than Akainu... and it explains why DD mentioned his speech during the war.

Oda sure knows how to write a manga!!!
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomuNoBigBoner View Post
    So, if Doflamingo's a celestial dragon, how come he looked all screwed up as a child. =D
    this was the first thing that came to my mind when i read the spoilers.

DD definitely has a complicated past and i can't wait to know what it is!
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird imagining Doflamingo among these interesting faces.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You're absolutely right, Razh. The dude is a nice guy. He even got his special fan club.
    I don't ever remember him harming anybody. He left the citizens of Ohara go free and kept quiet about it with the full awareness that such action would only be jeopardizing his career as an admiral, even though there was a huge possibility that some of those evil maniacs who tried to rule the world by deciphering Poneglyphs in search of devastating weapons were stowing away on that ship. He just couldn't have the heart to harm any of them. He used his authority for the well-being of the world. He left that evil bastard Ace, who has the blood of the most infamous man in the world flowing through his veins, go free. And more importantly, never has he attempted to harm that wicked bastard, Luffy, who has always obstructed his good deeds. Fuq! This is bullshit. I mean he is so incredibly perfectly nice. Human must have some flaws in their character, but he didn't show any. He is the exemplar of goodness.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post

Weird imagining Doflamingo among these interesting faces.
    He probably had a cosmetic surgery.
    Last edited by NEMO; June 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was pretty clear what I mean with Sakazuki not being a real villain to anyone literate. If you want to respond with lame jokes and examples of something everyone who reads One Piece knows about, you're just wasting time.

Yeah, his view can be considered bad for most of the people, but everything he did is considered just in his mind. He didn't kill his subordinate because he wanted to see him melt and thought it would be fun, he took care of the possible problem for a morale of his army. Tough army love.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@Beatrice
    The most interesting is that maybe some tenryubito are very powerful physically too. DoFlamingo even has the conquerer haki. That's why maybe there is different faction in them. Maybe the flamingo family has not become decadent like the one we have seen so far but kept the past traditions who put the celestial dragon ancesters to power

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess this means all the "Young Master" theories may have had some credibility after all
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    To me the big question is why a Teryubito wants the One Piece?
    Out of boredom is the only thought i have seeing what character DoFlamingo is

This chap is interesting . I like how Oda set everything up . It is a nice development if it's proved that DoFlamingo is truly a Tenryubto . Looking back now at his confidence all the time he speaks with marines i think it fits this development

Regarding Sanji , it was obvious i guess that lady was working for DoFlamingo . I'm loking forward to have my portion of laugh . Also from her action she is starting to resemble Baby 5 . Maybe she is her sister or sth

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I think more she can Inception Sanjis thought and give him a new Goal.
    She plant the Idea that she is the only one for Sanji.

But to the Spoiler so far that Flamingo belongs to a tenryubito family is something surprising. That he get protected from them for being the Slave trader, that could i understand. But that he goes the same Way as Sabo, that he is a Royal that want to be a Pirate only to be free. It doesn´t loo so and make no sense, after he earn all the Money.

And yes that could be shake up the World is now a good Point. What is when everyone finds out that WG are Pirates. What kind of light would that bring to all the Populance.
    And yes that bring also new possible Theorys about the missing Years in the History.

Actually i wouldn't be surprised if you hit the jack pot with this . That would be awesome in a way i mean . If it's proven when we learn all the history that the WG were pirates to begin with

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast