Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Is DoFlamingo really a Tennryubito ?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    58 46.03%
  • No

    10 7.94%
  • He simply has ties with someone from WG

    35 27.78%
  • Other

    23 18.25%
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 264

Thread: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

  1. #226
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    Does anyone else feel that this chapter was rushed? It seems like oda gave us alot of information to digest in such a small amount of time. It would normaly take atleast four or five chapters for us to find out if robin and usopp were okay. Plus that sanji and violet's scene taking part over what like 6-7 pages?
    I didn't get the same feeling. I think there's a lot of stuff going on already, between all the SH being split in various groups, the Coliseum, DD's trap and all that's happening on Dressrosa.

    I just think Oda wanted to put more emphasis on the DD side of things since, you know, big flashback/revelations gonna happen soon.
    So Snaji/Violet scene was mostly about building up the cliffhanger about DD while advancing their plotline and shaping up Violet more. Nico/Usop because they were the ones escorting Caesar along Law to begin with.

    Also, knowing Usop and Nico being "safe" doesn't really mean a lot is going to happen concerning those two's current situation either. They'll likely play an important role in having the dwarves help out with the incoming trouble.

    I hope more about the Sunny-Go team in the next chapter as well.

  2. #227
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MadieV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    Does anyone else feel that this chapter was rushed? It seems like oda gave us alot of information to digest in such a small amount of time. It would normaly take atleast four or five chapters for us to find out if robin and usopp were okay. Plus that sanji and violet's scene taking part over what like 6-7 pages?
    Well, he definitely warned us.
    Spoiler show

    And after Punk Hazard we've been hit week after week with fast paced chapters (with the exception of maybe 2 or 3)

  3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #228
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Czocza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    I was a silent reader of this board for a long time, I am kind of a stalker kind of reader, so I know all of you and your ideas. it gives me a lot of pleasure to read your predictions and comments.

    To quit boring talk and introduction.


    I've never been so excited about current story in OP since a long long time. The whole dresrossa arc have so many possibilities for further development that it makes me crazy. The pace of the story is great , I hope we get more chaotic battles like Marineford instead of one vs one battles like in Alabasta...but on the other hand OP fans crave for being able to see every one of the SH crew progress.

  5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #229
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Well, interesting chapter. The whole thing seems weird though. Why is dolfamingo changing the news such a big deal? He was going it from well before the current manga events. Even if it was such a massive display of power law should have still seen it coming IMO.

    Anyways doflamingo being a tenryubito at this point seems to be almost a given however the idea is still a little off. Its weird to see a tenryubito without the bubble thing. Obviously the tenryubito don't need that to live however wouldn't other tenryubito think he is infected or something? Why would the tenryubito support doflamingo for that matter? Even if doflamingo was a tenryubito there is no reason for them to support his pirate affairs. Even being king of a nation should be beneath them overall.

    And finally luffy gets to fight.... None of the fighters there other than din xinjao seem truly powerful though. I hope they surprise us though. Luffy has to fight without being exposed.... I can't wait for next week. I wonder how law will scape right now. He is facing a shicuhibukai potentially as strong as an admiral and an actual admiral, he should be screwed. Then again scape should be possible if he focuses on that, he did scape kizaru 2 years ago.

  7. #230
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    Does anyone else feel that this chapter was rushed? It seems like oda gave us alot of information to digest in such a small amount of time. It would normaly take atleast four or five chapters for us to find out if robin and usopp were okay. Plus that sanji and violet's scene taking part over what like 6-7 pages?
    Nah, its that we have been given what was going on with Luffy for the last several chapters that then Oda switches to the sudden change in events and it appears more sudden due to the moment in time when Oda jumps to the other crew members. Remember that before Luffy witnessed the B-block battle, Sanji had already attacked some guy aimed at him for Violet and Zoro was chasing the "fairy." After the b-block battle, we get an update on what happened to some of the rest of the crew and see that the events that were transpiring during that battle round have led to the current situations. Its more of Oda getting us the readers caught up to the current situation.

    Also, all the information in this past chapter gives more of a holistic view to some of the things pointed out when the crew first got on the island. A few of them being why the people were so calm, why the welcoming toy mentioned that he had seen their faces somewhere earlier, why the tournament was still going on as a organized brawl held by DD. Furthermore, this current chapter really sets the tone for what could happen in the future. I mean with two captains on the island in an alliance, it would be pretty hard to have Luffy's crew fight challenging people to show their strength and then have Law fight someone that isn't DD.... that would make it already show that Law wasn't as powerful as Luffy yet Law is a captain of his own crew. So this could be a point to have Law somehow out of the picture and Luffy have to step in to really get the job done and show his strength. I'm really hoping that Admiral Fuji really arrest Law and keep DD from being able to attack and kill Law because of justice. Either that, or what we are all really hoping for - a three way battle!
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

  8. #231
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, interesting chapter. The whole thing seems weird though. Why is dolfamingo changing the news such a big deal? He was going it from well before the current manga events. Even if it was such a massive display of power law should have still seen it coming IMO.

    Anyways doflamingo being a tenryubito at this point seems to be almost a given however the idea is still a little off. Its weird to see a tenryubito without the bubble thing. Obviously the tenryubito don't need that to live however wouldn't other tenryubito think he is infected or something? Why would the tenryubito support doflamingo for that matter? Even if doflamingo was a tenryubito there is no reason for them to support his pirate affairs. Even being king of a nation should be beneath them overall.

    And finally luffy gets to fight.... None of the fighters there other than din xinjao seem truly powerful though. I hope they surprise us though. Luffy has to fight without being exposed.... I can't wait for next week. I wonder how law will scape right now. He is facing a shicuhibukai potentially as strong as an admiral and an actual admiral, he should be screwed. Then again scape should be possible if he focuses on that, he did scape kizaru 2 years ago.

    i don't think they will fight why because iftheydo all three fighters (admiral, DD & law) will be badly damaged. In my view point, this will benefit law as he manages to slow down DD for a while and the admiral. i am assuming that Fujitora will get intel on how maynard is defeat thus, he will save to swiftly go back to the arena. Hence, he can tell law and DD to put their fight to a side and fulfill their duty as warlords to capture criminals. In this way, law can hand over CC without DD getting his hands on him but if DD reacts violently he will be crashed by Fujitora buying law enough time to run away.

  9. #232
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    i don't think they will fight why because iftheydo all three fighters (admiral, DD & law) will be badly damaged. In my view point, this will benefit law as he manages to slow down DD for a while and the admiral. i am assuming that Fujitora will get intel on how maynard is defeat thus, he will save to swiftly go back to the arena. Hence, he can tell law and DD to put their fight to a side and fulfill their duty as warlords to capture criminals. In this way, law can hand over CC without DD getting his hands on him but if DD reacts violently he will be crashed by Fujitora buying law enough time to run away.
    To be completely honest I don't think law at the moment actually holds a candle to either of them. Specially if fujitora is actually as strong as the previous generation of admirals. More so, there is no reason for fujitora to fight doflamingo so law is actually outnumbered by two people who are almost certainly well stronger than him.

    Perhaps law can bullshit his way out of this one though. How much did smoker mention about law working with the strawhats? Depending on that he can indeed just give ceasar away to the admiral and avoid a bad situation for him which would indeed perhaps cause a fight between fujitora and doflamingo. Technically though doflamingo does not have a duty to capture criminals. He is perhaps expected to not get involved with them but that is about it.

    Maynard being defeated is probably not a huge concern overall. Its not really that big a deal considering the sort of people there.

  10. #233
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BlkPeregrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, interesting chapter. The whole thing seems weird though. Why is dolfamingo changing the news such a big deal? He was going it from well before the current manga events. Even if it was such a massive display of power law should have still seen it coming IMO.

    Anyways doflamingo being a tenryubito at this point seems to be almost a given however the idea is still a little off. Its weird to see a tenryubito without the bubble thing. Obviously the tenryubito don't need that to live however wouldn't other tenryubito think he is infected or something? Why would the tenryubito support doflamingo for that matter? Even if doflamingo was a tenryubito there is no reason for them to support his pirate affairs. Even being king of a nation should be beneath them overall.

    And finally luffy gets to fight.... None of the fighters there other than din xinjao seem truly powerful though. I hope they surprise us though. Luffy has to fight without being exposed.... I can't wait for next week. I wonder how law will scape right now. He is facing a shicuhibukai potentially as strong as an admiral and an actual admiral, he should be screwed. Then again scape should be possible if he focuses on that, he did scape kizaru 2 years ago.
    We still don't know everything about the origin of the tennryubito,nor what their connection is to the missing century and how they came to be the so-called higher people of this world. We know that they have a serious interaction with the setting of the current OP world standings and structure, but there is still alot to be learned of them. As for the bubble stuff, it is probably just a sign again to show that they are so-called above the rest of the world that they can't even breathe the same air as the rest of the people....I mean when you think about it, they live on top of the redline in a so-called holy city. So they are above the rest of the world and rarely come down from there except to get entertainment and rule stuff. How DD fits in all this will really open up the OP world more. And if you remember correctly, this can lead to an even more intricate conflict between Luffy and the tennryubito since he has had two encounters with them already that has left a serious mark for both of them.
    When you cross paths with a beast, are there any guarantees... that you won't be mauled by it

  11. #234
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Doflamingo a tennryubito or being somehow linked to them, who would have thought. Oda always finds a way to surprise us, I like it, keeps things fresh and interesting. There are so many new recruiting possibilities in this arc, with all the new faces showing up that it's tough to guess who(if any) will join the Strawhats by the end of this arc. I just hope the next Strawhat is a woman, it would strike a nice balance between men and women in the crew.
    Last edited by Curtarc; June 29, 2013 at 01:18 AM.

  12. #235
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Any japanese speaker knows what the Ya suffix Law uses for Robin and Usopp means. From the raw, I have the impression this kanji is used 屋 but it doesn't seem like a standard honorific

    Also do you remember how Robin used to call Usopp before Enies Lobby :-)

  13. #236
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    My thought about Violet:
    I believe that Violet is very similar to Hancock, is almost her copy.
    Infact both of them use their looks to seduce them, both of them appear to be strong but in the truth they are very fragile, their appearance is only a mask for cover their fears and insecurities.
    Both of them think that the men are liars, but one of these men surprise them (even if Sanji and Rufy are completely opposite to each other, Sanji loves every woman while at the opposite Rufy has not fallen even to the most beautiful woman).
    Even this page http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/712/4 has remind me of when Hancock was observing the fight between Rufy and her two sisters, when she was sitting on her throne.

    Other than that both of them thanks to their devil fruit (in the truth Hancock even with her normal beauty) in somehow are able to make appear/to make resurface the thoughts that the enemy concealed within himself (in the truth Hancock can do that only for the sinful and dirty though about her).
    Even the pose that Violet does here http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/712/6 reminds me of when Hancock uses the Mero Mero arrow or that in which She looks from top to bottom.
    I think that even the “Eye Whale” can be compared to the slave arrow of Hancock.
    Beside that there is even the fact that both Hancock and Violet are name of flowers, and not only that but both of the two groups have flowers as symbol (infact all the name of the Kuja’s amazon came by a name of a flower, while Trevol group has the symbol of the flower of the card game, infact even we have already seen it in the chapter 700 (more or less) we see it again in this chatper http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/712/4).

    For all these reason I really hope to see a fight between Hancock and Violet, even if for now I don’t think that Violet has a chance now, since Hancock other than a strong Devil Fruit has a strong Haki in all the 3 categories.
    But in the truth counting what Robin says during the first fight between Rufy and the Ceasar http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/671/7 the armament Haki don’t steal the enemy’s power, it is the ability to seize a substance, so perhaps there is the possibility that Hancock’s haki is not able to annul the power of Violet devil fruit, in that case she could see that she loves Rufy but more importantly that she was a slave, so she could say it (perhaps it was for that reason that Momonga was not able to anull the Mero Mero arrow in his first meeting with Hancock).
    If She will see it Hancock could fall in a state of shock, in a similar way to what happened to Tsunade in Naruto when she saw the blood during her fight with Orochimaru in the first part of the serie.

  14. #237
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    I bet next chapter will be focusd on the C block, the tournament should advance as fast as it could, before getting interrupted by the events. Luffy's identity can easily be revealed now that dd is far away and busy in fighting law. Therefore I am almost sure that this chapter will be focused on the C block, whereas it's last 2 pages will have dd again,in order to tempt us more for the following chapter

  15. #238
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Czocza View Post
    I was a silent reader of this board for a long time, I am kind of a stalker kind of reader, so I know all of you and your ideas. it gives me a lot of pleasure to read your predictions and comments.

    To quit boring talk and introduction.


    I've never been so excited about current story in OP since a long long time. The whole dresrossa arc have so many possibilities for further development that it makes me crazy. The pace of the story is great , I hope we get more chaotic battles like Marineford instead of one vs one battles like in Alabasta...but on the other hand OP fans crave for being able to see every one of the SH crew progress.
    Welcome then. I think a lot of us had a stalking period before deciding to partake in the war

    This arc does remind me of Alabasta, only on steroids. And I do hope it lasts longer than just one day because most of the arcs get finished over night. Just seems there's too much to do for it to be over so fast. If I remember well, Alabasta was the longes arc, in manga time, but only because SH had to travel through it a lot.

    ---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by NEMO View Post
    Yes, I agree with you; but what did he(Trebol) do to make you say he is a molester?
    He seems to have no regard for personal space. His apperance and behavior just screams sleazebag. I can only imagine how he acts with women from his own gang such as Violet. Seeing how he was introduced as something on the opposite side of Sanji (and Oda doesn't just drop things like these for nothing), there's a pretty big chance Sanji is going to White Knight the shit out of him.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  16. #239
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A c e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    I'm so excited to see what each strawhat has to bring after the timeskip. Fishman Island was a breeze for them. Im thinking each of them will be pushed to the limits once again (kind of like enies lobby).

    Zoro is one of my personal favourites, i'm predicting he's gonna open his left eye and go ape shit. Like kenpachi in bleach lol.

    And about sanji's right eye, I found it funny how his bone structure isn't showing through his hair http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v69/c712/8.html

  17. #240
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    Beside that there is even the fact that both Hancock and Violet are name of flowers, and not only that but both of the two groups have flowers as symbol (infact all the name of the Kuja’s amazon came by a name of a flower, while Trevol group has the symbol of the flower of the card game, infact even we have already seen it in the chapter 700 (more or less) we see it again in this chatper http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/712/4).
    It's not the "flower symbol" - it's called "clubs" in english. In Spanish: Trébol. Trébol is also the word for "clover", and that's where the link to plants comes from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    For all these reason I really hope to see a fight between Hancock and Violet,
    Hancock likely won't show up in this arc. Violet had a change of heart, is on the Strawhat's side and will stay behind once the Strawhats leave Dressrosa. We won't see them fighting. They will meet once Luffy marries Hancock and Sanji is able to make her accompany him to the ceremony.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    But in the truth counting what Robin says during the first fight between Rufy and the Ceasar http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/671/7 the armament Haki don’t steal the enemy’s power, it is the ability to seize a substance, so perhaps there is the possibility that Hancock’s haki is not able to annul the power of Violet devil fruit, in that case she could see that she loves Rufy but more importantly that she was a slave, so she could say it (perhaps it was for that reason that Momonga was not able to anull the Mero Mero arrow in his first meeting with Hancock).
    Oh my, you're mixing up things:

    Robin's statement (which is a "repetition for readers" of what Rayleigh told Luffy) only applies to someone fighting DF users that aren't affected by physical attacks and only applies to Busoushoku Haki, so there would no need for Haki if Hancock fought Violet... Violet has only paramecia powers that don't protect her body from being hurt. Only her eyes are enhanced.

    And in addition: You've just said that Haki doesn't nullify DF abilities - why should Hancock's Haki then nullify Violet's DF abilities?!

    A "Mero Mero arrow" does not exist - it's either Slave Arrow or Mero Mero Mellow. While not having to counter Slave Arrow, Momonga was able to stay unaffected by Mero Mero Mellow not because of Haki usage. He broke himself free from her "twinkle aura" by pushing a knife through his hand. He may have anticipated what she was about to do due to Kenbunshoku Haki, but other Haki abilities don't fit to what we saw in that scene and what Rayleigh told Luffy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    If She will see it Hancock could fall in a state of shock, in a similar way to what happened to Tsunade in Naruto when she saw the blood during her fight with Orochimaru in the first part of the serie.
    Hancock won't show up nor will she fight Violet who already had a change of heart. So there's no need to fantasize that far nor bringing up some - sorry - lame Naruto comparison as there Hancock already broke down from Luffy seeing Sandersonia's slave mark.

Thread Closed
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts