Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Is DoFlamingo really a Tennryubito ?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 46.03%
  • No

10 7.94%
  • He simply has ties with someone from WG

35 27.78%
  • Other

23 18.25%
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 712 Discussion/ 713 Prediction

Man i have not posted in a long long LONG time!! how have you all been? Sharbak, i love your profile picture LOOOOL don't ruin my childhood crush in sailor moon..... (i am kidding by the way i liked sailor jupiter more but thats our secret hahaha).

Anyway, I agree with Hoeru, hancock will NOT make an appearance in this arc. There is too much going on right with this arc. Moreover, i can totally see at the end of this arc that violet already has someone else, Sanji sees that and will be heartbroken but still put up a happy face with his thumb up hahaha. Poor Sanji his time will come though.
    I think before the time skip Sanji mentioned about him being the devil. I think we will get to see that from him in this arc if there was anything that pissed off Sanji to the point where he goes ape shit. Maybe, Oda decides to kill off Violet for "betraying" terbol and DD. Maybe, that will make Sanji go all out.

Anyway, it is good to read some of your posts again, just a question, what happened to uriel????

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To be completely honest I don't think law at the moment actually holds a candle to either of them. Specially if fujitora is actually as strong as the previous generation of admirals. More so, there is no reason for fujitora to fight doflamingo so law is actually outnumbered by two people who are almost certainly well stronger than him.

Perhaps law can bullshit his way out of this one though. How much did smoker mention about law working with the strawhats? Depending on that he can indeed just give ceasar away to the admiral and avoid a bad situation for him which would indeed perhaps cause a fight between fujitora and doflamingo. Technically though doflamingo does not have a duty to capture criminals. He is perhaps expected to not get involved with them but that is about it.

Maynard being defeated is probably not a huge concern overall. Its not really that big a deal considering the sort of people there.

yh i understand what you mean. I love one piece but i am now reading recent chapters with one eye close. I want law to at least win against DD but he will not win against the admiral.
    plus i think law may lose becasue of what he said in http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v69/c710/10.html

i think he may run out of energy quicker thus lose especially fighting a powerful admiral and DD
    nevertheless the food cookedby sanji could restore energy but it feels like im drawing long shots for law to come out of this one with his dignity intact

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think DD is the son of one of the gorosei. I don't think he is a celestial dragon. Or maybe he is just a noble like sabo.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    It's not the "flower symbol" - it's called "clubs" in english. In Spanish: Trébol. Trébol is also the word for "clover", and that's where the link to plants comes from.

Hancock likely won't show up in this arc. Violet had a change of heart, is on the Strawhat's side and will stay behind once the Strawhats leave Dressrosa. We won't see them fighting. They will meet once Luffy marries Hancock and Sanji is able to make her accompany him to the ceremony.

Oh my, you're mixing up things:

Robin's statement (which is a "repetition for readers" of what Rayleigh told Luffy) only applies to someone fighting DF users that aren't affected by physical attacks and only applies to Busoushoku Haki, so there would no need for Haki if Hancock fought Violet... Violet has only paramecia powers that don't protect her body from being hurt. Only her eyes are enhanced.

And in addition: You've just said that Haki doesn't nullify DF abilities - why should Hancock's Haki then nullify Violet's DF abilities?!

A "Mero Mero arrow" does not exist - it's either Slave Arrow or Mero Mero Mellow. While not having to counter Slave Arrow, Momonga was able to stay unaffected by Mero Mero Mellow not because of Haki usage. He broke himself free from her "twinkle aura" by pushing a knife through his hand. He may have anticipated what she was about to do due to Kenbunshoku Haki, but other Haki abilities don't fit to what we saw in that scene and what Rayleigh told Luffy.

Hancock won't show up nor will she fight Violet who already had a change of heart. So there's no need to fantasize that far nor bringing up some - sorry - lame Naruto comparison as there Hancock already broke down from Luffy seeing Sandersonia's slave mark.
    1) Thank you for the your explanation about the "flower symbol".
    2) I agree with you about the fact that Hancock will not appear in this arc, but where is the possibility that Hancock and Violet will met and fight later (I have decided to write to what could happen to Vioilet, but then counting that I have already posted a long post I decided that I will write it in the "Next Nakama thread" later when I will have enough time to write it.

3) At the beginning I thought that Hancock could have used the armamemnt Haki not for hurt Violet (I knew that she could have just hurted her even if she does not used Haki), but for anull her devil fruit power, her vision, as a shield, so in this way Violet would not be able to see Hancock's secret.
    I thought this because from Rayleigh's explanation about the armament's Haki more than this http://i23.mangareader.net/one-piece...ce-2423543.jpg (about the fact that it can solidify the body of the Rogia's user), I gave too much attention to what he said here http://i32.mangareader.net/one-piece...ce-2423539.jpg (about the armour, so for some reason I thought that thiis type of Haki could annull the devil fruit power).
    Infact as I mentioned I only understood that the armament Haki can only solidify the devil fruit power and not anull only to what said Robin during the first fight between Rufy and Ceasar.

4)Thank you, I wanted to say "Mero Mero Mellow".
    I know that Momonga did not used Haki, but as I said above I thought that the armament Haki would be able to anull the devil fruit power, so I thought that Momonga could have stopped it with Haki but that for some reason (perhaps because I thought that using Haki could be interpreted as an aggression's act) he decided to not use it.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    He seems to have no regard for personal space. His apperance and behavior just screams sleazebag. I can only imagine how he acts with women from his own gang such as Violet. Seeing how he was introduced as something on the opposite side of Sanji (and Oda doesn't just drop things like these for nothing), there's a pretty big chance Sanji is going to White Knight the shit out of him.
    Owkay. First off, I'll tell you what he did(although I know you know what he did), and then I'll tell you what I understood from that.
    1. He had gotten too close to her.
    2. He had started bringing up sensitive issues(fiance killed etc).
    3. He proposed to her, and claimed that he was joking right after that.

What I understood is this:

Getting too close to people is just one of his eccentric habits. Not only did he do that with Baby 5 but also with Donflamigo, his boss. Therefore, we can't actually claim that he is a molester based on that only. The reason he does that in my opinion is because he is worried that the person to whom he is speaking will turn his or her face away and focus their attention on something else, hence not listening to a word he said. Some sort of complex.
    As for the sensitive issues, he was teasing her that way, and also used them to propose to her.

Trebol: "Is it true he killed your fiance?"

B5: "You're too close."

Trebol: " Stop chasing after men that will just get killed and marry me." "I'm joking hehehe"

B5: "Do you need me?"

Hence the tease and the joke. If he really was a molester, or sexually attracted to her in any way howsoever, that would be his perfect chance. She fell for his trick. But then again he was just playfully joking.
    Last edited by NEMO; June 30, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

can't law just teleport himself somewhere else to escape?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    can't law just teleport himself somewhere else to escape?
    Only to the distance of his "room" however the bridge is way outside of his radius of effect, he can and probably will however keep using that ability to try to escape, but who knows what the others will do to stop him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner The Black Sun's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that even if Law use his teleport, Doflamingo can catch him.
    since the distant that Law can teleport is the distant that Domflamingo can run so Law won't be able to run away from him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Sun View Post
    I think that even if Law use his teleport, Doflamingo can catch him.
    since the distant that Law can teleport is the distant that Domflamingo can run so Law won't be able to run away from him.
    What about underground, bet Laws reaction of seeing gnomes/dwarfes is better then Zoros ^^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought too. Maybe he could use the knowledge that there is room underground to escape their. But Fujitora can make big hole in the ground quite easily...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 712 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomuNoBigBoner View Post
    So, if Doflamingo's a celestial dragon, how come he looked all screwed up as a child. =D
    Similar situation to Sabo, maybe? I wouldn't be surprised at all. If that's the case it's possible Luffy will find a similarity in the two and get pissed at how f'ed up doflamingo is. Then again flamingo will give him plenty of reasons to kick his ass anyways.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow! i never knew trebol is a spanish word for clover .. and diamante means diamond right? so that leaves espada/sword which is spade in english.. does that mean zoro has to fight that guy on the spade seat?hmmmm...i use to play with cards and if i'm not mistaken ESPADA/sword(spade), DIAMANTE/oros(diamond/gold) and clubs/clover/trebol is BASTOS- which is a filipino term for maniacs/disrespectful people in whatever means
    Last edited by garabilagan; July 01, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garabilagan View Post
    wow! i never knew trebol is a spanish word for clover .. and diamante means diamond right? so that leaves espada/sword which is spade in english.. does that mean zoro has to fight that guy on the spade seat?hmmmm...i use to play with cards and if i'm not mistaken ESPADA/sword(spade), DIAMANTE/oros(diamond/gold) and clubs/clover/trebol is BASTOS- which is a filipino term for maniacs/disrespectful people in whatever means
    It's not as simple as a direct translation. Spanish deck is different than french deck; the former has 40 cards, the latter 52 and the jokers. But yes, 'basto' also means in Spanish rude, impolite, crude. Curiously, Oda didn't chose the spanish names for DD's main subalternes.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

not that i wouldn't be happy if the boat crew ends up winning because they were stronger than expected, but i think it'd be cool if jinbe came swimming up and helped them, it would tie in with the fact it showed jinbe reading the paper about the resignation and their team up and suspected something, especially since jinbes a warlord he might know a little about DD or what kinda shit could be happening. They only showed jinbe out of all ppl related to straw hats, except for captain kid but he was in the paper as well so its expected, and to show that he is after a yonko as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bromains View Post
    not that i wouldn't be happy if the boat crew ends up winning because they were stronger than expected, but i think it'd be cool if jinbe came swimming up and helped them, it would tie in with the fact it showed jinbe reading the paper about the resignation and their team up and suspected something, especially since jinbes a warlord he might know a little about DD or what kinda shit could be happening. They only showed jinbe out of all ppl related to straw hats, except for captain kid but he was in the paper as well so its expected, and to show that he is after a yonko as well.
    That would actually be pretty awesome, I really want Jinbe to show up sometime in the near future.
    The three brothers

Thread Closed
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast