Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 238 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 238 Discussion Thread

Intense chapter. I think that their fight will come into an end in 2-3 chapters except if the focus will jump back to Coco and the others, then it will take longer.

And another thing is I really do hope that Jiro will arrive on time to deal with the Neo, they are really more annoying than the Bishokukai.
    "Marine Admirals"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

so we see a dozen of torrikos new combination of old tecniks not much from star...
    mhmm

dont know where this is going.. its nice to see toriko use his techniks to this content but its like a high5 to Narutos Rasengang variations...
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Check Star's eyes

According to me, someone is near Star and Toriko or he must have felt something big happened in the stadium. Anyway something is happening or someone approached.

For some reason I can't relate that with the next page. It could be perfectly possible that Star lost his focus for a second which allowed Toriko to cut his sword

For the rest: cool fight full of power
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Check Star's eyes

According to me, someone is near Star and Toriko or he must have felt something big happened in the stadium. Anyway something is happening or someone approached.

For some reason I can't relate that with the next page. It could be perfectly possible that Star lost his focus for a second which allowed Toriko to cut his sword

For the rest: cool fight full of power

Wrong he was looking at his knife, or the part that got cut, the next page is pretty clear as it shows Star's eyes following the blade only and being quite surprised

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shounenfan View Post
    Most worthless chapter in a long time °_°
    This is a BATTLE shonen
    Serious, what happened with people that like fights?

For me, every fight could last for 1 whole volume.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@Olho07

there is no problem with a long taking fight. I realy like long fights.. But this "still standing and only seeing afterimages that arent real is annyoing till you see the true end..

Does Toriko realy hit him hard or was it a avterimage all along????
    You dont know its a bad idee to overuse this crap it was pretty brilliant with joa and the Head on a Plate..
    But now it is pretty annoying!! Then there is no text explaining and all of Torikos new Techniks looks a bit like a "asspull"

im quite intrested in a good fight and my feelings are not with this thing.. i miss new techniks and not variants (ultimate routine is a new tech!!)
    Wheres Spoon..

Well maybe i see it diffrent if the fight is finished but with this "style" you should not read a half fight..
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Country
    Botswana
    Post Thanks / Like

you never run out of techniques do you?
    I felt the same way. Though i have to admit toriko's fighting techs really have become a bore
    i just cant get
    how can star use the image, and why does making an image use mammoth calories

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reaper2507 View Post
    Does Toriko realy hit him hard or was it a avterimage all along????
    All the imagination is screentoned, all the real hits are black-white. That's actually pretty easy to figure out. Even for someone like me who actually reads Toriko on weekly base for like three months.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper2507 View Post
    im quite intrested in a good fight and my feelings are not with this thing.. i miss new techniks and not variants (ultimate routine is a new tech!!)
    Again pretty easy to figure out: You're actually seeing the ultimate routine all along with the fork, knife and nail punch variants. Ultimate routine involves imagining the attack's effect as explained ... like three chapters ago to be some basics for supreme routine?

And yes, Starjuun also uses Ultimate Routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Check Star's eyes

Uhm, he is just surprised that Toriko managed to break his knife IMHO.
    Last edited by hoeru; June 20, 2013 at 09:16 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    All the imagination is screentoned, all the real hits are black-white. That's actually pretty easy to figure out. Even for someone like me who actually reads Toriko on weekly base for like three months.

Again pretty easy to figure out: You're actually seeing the ultimate routine all along with the fork, knife and nail punch variants. Ultimate routine involves imagining the attack's effect as explained ... like three chapters ago to be some basics for supreme routine?
    yep, i agree. on the last few pannels, toriko got star.. and thats it. I hope star is not dead and will escape... so he can get stronger... maybe later a rematch in the gourmet world?

but.. on the last panel.. the look of komatsu.. is that a look of fright.. or suprise? Could there be someone who just took advantage of there fight and just attacked Toriko from behind? the last pic of toriko is somehow.. mmh i dont know arkward or he just hit star with all of his last power reserves
    Last edited by Black Void; June 20, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not very much with what Toriko showed in this fight. I hope it's not everything he's got. Sani's new power is more impressive.

But if Komatsu really did saw someone, then I guess the fight isn't over yet. I'd like to see Toriko's demon take over his body and give some beating to whoever is trying to interfere. Not really beat the guy but force him to retreat. A little kinda like what happened between Yusuke and Sensui in YYH.
    Last edited by llydnarz; June 20, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand why some people don't like images, but at the moment author is using them as a convenient tool for showing lethal injuries, like exploding head, being cut in half, being burned to death, which will never happen actually.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yume Yume's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks very clear for me - someone third (pretty sure that it is Joa himtself!) used a knife to cut Toriko`s leg and Staar`s sword. Staarjun was surprised because it was unexpected attack and he was too selfconfident all this time. But Toriko have finished his attack because he didn`t distracted of loosing his leg. That is why Komatsu was shocked. I think that interruption like this will be the best variant to stop that fight without certain winner, cause it is too early to end their confrontation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Teppei's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm wondering about is, how did Toriko got out of his melted Fork Armor? Can he just cancel his attacks like that? When I saw the panel with Toriko in the Armor, I immediately thought how stupid that would be, because we've seen already that his Fork can be melted by Star's flame, now that Armor is gonna melt on his body. Melted iron on your skin....wow....I can't think of anything more painful than that. But then in the next panel he did a backflip and suddenly the Armor was gone? WHAT? Okay, that was convenient. I thought that would be the end for Toriko. Trapped in his own armor. But it turned out just fine.

It just seemed a bit weird to me with that melted armor thing. Anyone can enlighten me on this?

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

And Toriko just became Wolverine all of a sudden. His skin regrowing after it burned down, reminded me of Wolverine in X-men 3. When Jean Grey as Dark Phoenix pulverized everything around her except Wolverine because he grew every of his tissue back immediatley.

Toriko = Wolverine. (^_^)

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I don't think Komatsu saw someone else, I think he just witnesses the end of the fight. Remember, he couldn't see anything besides the tornado flames where Toriko and Star was fighting. What I think is just that the tornado calmed down and Komatsu could finally actually see Toriko and Star after their fight. It's just a surprise look, when he finally sees Toriko. I don't think any appearance of a fourth person on the scene was implied here. I could be wrong though. But it was pretty much all about those three in this chapter. No one else.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

well, toriko's fork and knife aren't real iron but just his own energy... tha fact that they melt with staar fire symbolize that staar's fire is stronger than toriko energy but he cannot create real iron. so the armor melt, reducing the damage done by staar's fire to toriko, and then vanished... staar's flame "consumed" in a sense the fork armour
    Last edited by pbranchi; June 20, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also getting a little weary of the pre-image thing the author is using but I still get it. But I actually like Toriko's new moves and combos. This is actually what I've been waiting for. I remember several chapters back saying something about wanting to see some combos from Toriko. I got what I wanted. Kugi Knife kicks, to Twin Nail Guns, 40 ren Forks, and all that jazz. Amazing. And now we have Fork Armor. All that's left is Hair Armor and Sound Armor. lol!

I'm also in the group that believes Komatsu is realizing at the end how banged up Toriko is. Sani was pretty bad off. I imagine Coco will be too. Zebra seems to be just taking out random beasts. But since he's the lead character, I'm sure he's going through something major. I don't think its anything else because of how small the panel is. That can be a way to through us off but usually if it was something outside of the frame of the current action, the picture of Komatsu would have been bigger and you would be able to tell that he's looking at something else but still the who would be a secret. I guess we'll see...

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast