Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 238 Discussion Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 238 Discussion Thread

Damn, this was an epic chapter and this fight is the best I have ever seen in Toriko and in a manga.
    Anyway I too think that there's something wrong with Komatsu's face and I like the hypothesis that also Toriko might have been severly injured by Star.
    Either way I can't wait to read the next chapter, because I have a feeling that there will be a major development.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Teppei's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pbranchi View Post
    well, toriko's fork and knife aren't real iron but just his own energy... tha fact that they melt with staar fire symbolize that staar's fire is stronger than toriko energy but he cannot create real iron. so the armor melt, reducing the damage done by staar's fire to toriko, and then vanished... staar's flame "consumed" in a sense the fork armour
    Okay, that makes sense. I didn't think this through. Now I feel stupid. The image of Toriko's iron Fork Armor was so real that even I thought it was real iron. Haha, got fooled by Shima. XD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. I think people who whine about technique being asspull or cant grasp whats happening are probably the same guys who thought the last 3 chapters where the author painstakingly explain were not interesting. I know the text was pretty long but read them or you will go hurr durr this is like naruto.

Toriko is just applying his already known skills. This is suppose to be an intense fight where they let loose everything its suppose to be bloody and gore but there are limits to what he can draw being a shounen manga. So this after image technique gives satisfaction to both gore lovers and little kids. Its both not real and evoke that ZOMGYEAHBLOOD rage.

When nothings happening (slow chapters with explanation and no fights) people will whine its too slow a drag. When they really go at it people will whine its too damn long nothings happening. Be less edgy will you

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

VashDaStampede
    I think we've actually seen Sound Armor already If I'm not mistaken it was in Mellow Cola Arc, when Zebra protected Komatsu from different enemies.

Anyways, I agree with you that it's great that Toriko finally started showing damn impressive combos. Now he looks one of the most badass characters of the manga and well, it suits the protagonist.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yume Yume's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks very clear for me - someone third (pretty sure that it is Joa himtself!) used a knife to cut Toriko`s leg and Staar`s sword. Staarjun was surprised because it was unexpected attack and he was too selfconfident all this time. But Toriko have finished his attack because he didn`t distracted of loosing his leg. That is why Komatsu was shocked. I think that interruption like this will be the best variant to stop that fight without certain winner, cause it is too early to end their confrontation.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yume Yume View Post
    It looks very clear for me - someone third (pretty sure that it is Joa himtself!) used a knife to cut Toriko`s leg and Staar`s sword. Staarjun was surprised because it was unexpected attack and he was too selfconfident all this time. But Toriko have finished his attack because he didn`t distracted of loosing his leg. That is why Komatsu was shocked. I think that interruption like this will be the best variant to stop that fight without certain winner, cause it is too early to end their confrontation.
    That sounded very plausible. From what we know Komatsu will definitely cry if something happen to Toriko he won't just get shocked. Joa would arrive first since Jiro was only notified very recently. Wonder what really happen

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner llPereirall's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    That sounded very plausible. From what we know Komatsu will definitely cry if something happen to Toriko he won't just get shocked. Joa would arrive first since Jiro was only notified very recently. Wonder what really happen
    The thing is, can we really say if Joa is going to get there first than Jiro? I'm not sure about this but is Joa already on the move? And if he is, is he closer, traveling faster than Jiro? I don't know if the author really wants to reveal Joa's power just yet. I mean we have all those dark techniques going on, how he managed to wound Zaus even if he is supposedly weaker than him. What if Jiro actually arrives first and Joa just decides that its not worth the trouble?

Also I dont think that Joa attacked them, I mean if it was Joa that attacked Toriko and Staar who will protect Komatsu from him? And even if he arrives first he has bigger problems to deal with like Setsuno and probably Zebra that like always is just destroying everything.

So imo it doesnt make much sense that Joa stops the fight. he will probably go for Setsuno first.
    If we think about it Joa was the one that made Zaus join NEO right? Why did he accept? It might have been the dark technique thing. Zaus already asked if Setsuno wanted to join them, what if Joa goes there just to do the same thing with Setsuno? Her switching sides would be huge! What if Teppei is already under NEO's control? There was that strange remark on her scar growing or something...
    I mean can you imagine if Jiro arrives to help everyone and sees Setsuno with NEO? That would be great!
    But I don't know this is probably all wrong. I've been wrong before.
    Last edited by llPereirall; June 21, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

@ llPereirall : Yosaku is part of 0 biotop, Jiro is on side of chefs and you think that Tepei would go to NEO's side?
    Setsuno will not change side because she considers Ichiryu as friend(why would she make food for him).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner llPereirall's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    @ llPereirall : Yosaku is part of 0 biotop, Jiro is on side of chefs and you think that Tepei would go to NEO's side?
    Setsuno will not change side because she considers Ichiryu as friend(why would she make food for him).
    Well you see, I was connecting Zaus wound/dark arts with him joining NEO, maybe somekind of mind control or something similar. Teppei had an encounter with Joa, and for some reason he gets out of it just fine, isnt that a bit strange, maybe it has to do with that too... there was even the remark on his scar growing,that has to mean something.
    So if the whole dark arts mind control thing is true and because NEO has shown interest in having Setsuno on their side Joa's intention on going there might be Setsuno alone. I mean right now we all think that they want Komatsu, what if its actually Setsuno? Wouldnt that be a surprise?
    Last edited by llPereirall; June 21, 2013 at 05:34 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yume Yume View Post
    If someone cut Toriko's leg, he cut it below his knee - not above through his thigh as shown in the imagination...

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the scar on teppei the same as zaus? i can't really remember how they look like. But looking at zaus it doesn't seem like hes under mind control. I spend too much energy uncovering the theory behind SnK i'm out of juice right now =P

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Erm the scene with Toriko's leg being cut is just the Ultimate Routine thing... It's pretty much clear actually
    As for Komatsu, only one explanation IMO : someone showed up there, either Joa or Jirou IMO... Although it seems farfetched, but it is possible that Midora will show up there or other Bishokukai top management guys to save their people

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    Is the scar on teppei the same as zaus? i can't really remember how they look like. But looking at zaus it doesn't seem like hes under mind control. I spend too much energy uncovering the theory behind SnK i'm out of juice right now =P
    Scars aren't the same , Tepei vertical, Zaus horizontal(how i remember it). If its mind control it wouldn't be with that efect because everyone would know who is controled. Maybe its some mark that hunter leaves on pray or side efect of information retrival.

As for Komatsu, someone else came or he saw Mansam vs Shige(Vice president) fight(because they are outside the stadium).
    Last edited by senadtm87; June 22, 2013 at 03:06 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yume Yume's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Erm the scene with Toriko's leg being cut is just the Ultimate Routine thing... It's pretty much clear actually
    As for Komatsu, only one explanation IMO : someone showed up there, either Joa or Jirou IMO... Although it seems farfetched, but it is possible that Midora will show up there or other Bishokukai top management guys to save their people
    Of course that it could be just the Routine. I hope so, i don`t wanna see Toriko without his leg
    And the reason that had surprised Komatsu so much will be smth that we do not expect, Shimabukuro is unpredictable

P.S. Maybe it was Take-chan?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter what actually happened in the end of the fight, Toriko will obviously need some first aid, since he lost quite some blood and power. Thus I believe he won't be fighting soon, unless someone will give him a great ingridient that will boost his regenerative ability and will restore his calories.

As for the fight, I think it should end in a draw. Both fighters were good and they both dealt pretty good damage to each other.
    About Komatsu's face... as for now I will stake with my belief that he was just shocked that Toriko was given a very serious damage, especially after last Staar's move that seemed to pirece Toriko's gut.
    Of course some strong person might have come, but I won't think about this possibility until the next chapter.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast