Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner n1mr0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Ok so Sunday i started to rewatch all the bleach episodes, and today i finished the 272nd episode.
    Basically in the episode Ulquiorra's dies. I was wondering, since Inoue's ability is to deny things that might happen or happened, that doesn't mean, she can ressurect Ulquiorra whenever she wants ? Just to be on the top of Las Noches (where Ulquiorra vanished)?

    Just think about it, how helpful would be Ulquiorra, if he gets ressurected, against Juha Bach, and the other quincys XD.

  2. #2
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    in all honesty that is the PEAK of bleach in my opinion

    the SS arc was the best arc, but that fight was the best moment in all of Bleach

    i LOVED that fight, and everything that built up to it

    ---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------


  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner n1mr0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    same here, in my opinion, that moment was the best when Ichigo transformed in hollow mode. and wiped the floor with Ulquiorra, but sadly Ulquiorra died .., and that's why i was thinking if there's a way of reincarnate him. And btw, Unohana is dead?

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Uhhh... Did you skip the fillers or what? No offence, but you can't have watched 272 20 minute episodes in under 5 days, can you??

    Um. Anyway. It seems to me that there are limitations to what Orihime can reject. That may or may not change, but I don't think she can literally undo anything she wants. She couldn't revive Ichigo because of Ulquiorra's reiatsu, or because he was too dead or something. But why would she want to revive Ulquiorra anyway? She's a warm-hearted person, sure, and despite his treatment of her she never hated Ulq, but I don't think she particularly loved him or anything like that either. Plus, he's a Hollow. In a sense (though no Hollow would agree) the kindest thing is to put them down and let their soul pass on to Soul Society, although that may not be what happened to Ulquiorra since the fatal blow was delivered by Cero and not by Zanpakuto.

  5. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner n1mr0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Yeah i watched without any filler. Why wouldn't Orihime bring back to life Ulquiorra ? He wasn't a bad guy, he was just obeying the orders. + She detests when someone dies in front of her, even if it's an enemy.

  6. #6
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Well, when it comes to reiatsu the point has been made that it takes orihime more time. Its not that she couldn't heal ichigo per say, there was simply a lot of reiatsu in the wound and she had trouble with it. I would argue it would have been a simple matter of taking the time to actually finish rejecting the reiatsu and then reviving ichigo. Its not like reiatsu would linger forever.

    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-728-12/...apter-274.html

    Here we see orihime quite literally resurrecting melony. Its not like there is much ground to doubt she was dead. We see orihime regenerating at least half her brain, her heart was probably gone and apparently that was the same situation with more of her organs. Kubo was somewhat ambiguous but in a worst case scenario there was nothing left of melony (or was it loli?). I am unsure of whether she could bring back ulquiorra right now but it is well within the range of possibilities.

    The issue with ichigo is that she wouldn't have had time to bring him back. Ulquiorra was there and it would have been remarkably easy for him to physically stop orihime from healing ichigo.

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Uhhh... Did you skip the fillers or what? No offence, but you can't have watched 272 20 minute episodes in under 5 days, can you??

    Um. Anyway. It seems to me that there are limitations to what Orihime can reject. That may or may not change, but I don't think she can literally undo anything she wants. She couldn't revive Ichigo because of Ulquiorra's reiatsu, or because he was too dead or something. But why would she want to revive Ulquiorra anyway? She's a warm-hearted person, sure, and despite his treatment of her she never hated Ulq, but I don't think she particularly loved him or anything like that either. Plus, he's a Hollow. In a sense (though no Hollow would agree) the kindest thing is to put them down and let their soul pass on to Soul Society, although that may not be what happened to Ulquiorra since the fatal blow was delivered by Cero and not by Zanpakuto.
    The manga had yet to address any of these limitations you mentioned in regards to Orihime reviving.

    She never even attempted to revive Ichigo in the first place & that was an epic fail moment (this individual explains it in detail http://bleachness.livejournal.com/319557.html ).

    Her fairies (consisting of 6 http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-chapter-43-page-4.html ) have different functionalities.

    Tsubaki would attack, http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-15.html

    Her defence fairies consist of Lily, Baigon & Hinagiku. They repel attacks http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-12.html

    Finally her ability to repel damage (in order to do things like reviving) is depended on Shonou & Ayame. http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-13.html

    Through her ability she is "Denying the fact that anything happened & completely erase evidence of the event." http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-18.html

    She could deny the fact that a human ever existed (aka erase the human from existence), she could deny the fact that a wound ever existed, she could deny the fact that a death occurred http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-13.html , she could deny anything existence ("denying the fact that anything happened") & "completely erase evidence of the event."

    So instead of denying the existence of the wound Ichigo got through Ulquiorra, she started crying.

    ---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

    Her state of mind is her limitation.
    Last edited by Kay3795; June 13, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inferno
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    I must apologize as I have nothing much to add to this discussion, but that essay you posted, Kay3795, was a very entertaining and thought provoking read. As for the topic, I would like to enjoy seeing Ulquiorra again.

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    United Nations
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Uhhh... Did you skip the fillers or what? No offence, but you can't have watched 272 20 minute episodes in under 5 days, can you??

    Um. Anyway. It seems to me that there are limitations to what Orihime can reject. That may or may not change, but I don't think she can literally undo anything she wants. She couldn't revive Ichigo because of Ulquiorra's reiatsu, or because he was too dead or something. But why would she want to revive Ulquiorra anyway? She's a warm-hearted person, sure, and despite his treatment of her she never hated Ulq, but I don't think she particularly loved him or anything like that either. Plus, he's a Hollow. In a sense (though no Hollow would agree) the kindest thing is to put them down and let their soul pass on to Soul Society, although that may not be what happened to Ulquiorra since the fatal blow was delivered by Cero and not by Zanpakuto.
    I think her ability to reject is tied to her strength.

    for example, she is strong enough to close most wounds, to restore a lost limb, while the person is alive, and heal even from the brink of death.
    but she has not had a powerup personally where she enters uber mode. so I do not think she can reject everything. there must be balance, at least so far observed,
    she puts her own effort into the rejection, so while a limb might be easily replaced, a death, might prove to only be rejected by providing her own life as replacement.

    thats my take on it anyway.


    Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Quote Originally Posted by n1mr0d View Post
    Yeah i watched without any filler. Why wouldn't Orihime bring back to life Ulquiorra ? He wasn't a bad guy, he was just obeying the orders. + She detests when someone dies in front of her, even if it's an enemy.
    Good call, that Bount arc was just horrible...

    But as for Ulquiorra. I just don't see any reason for Orihime to restore him, if she even can. I think she does sympathise with him, because he wasn't evil, he was pretty much incapable of grasping the concepts of good and evil, or friendship or empathy and all those human quirks. With that in mind, I'd think Orihime would consider letting his soul go on to SS the kinder thing. Better that he should move on and have a chance at experiencing humanity than existing as an emotionless avatar of emptiness, in a way. Though on the other hand, he did seem to be at the brink of gaining interest in the emotions he witnessed between Ichigo and Pals. Still, ending his life as a Hollow is the only way to restore his humanity anyway, so why bring him back?

    ---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    The manga had yet to address any of these limitations you mentioned in regards to Orihime reviving.

    She never even attempted to revive Ichigo in the first place & that was an epic fail moment (this individual explains it in detail http://bleachness.livejournal.com/319557.html ).

    Her fairies (consisting of 6 http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-chapter-43-page-4.html ) have different functionalities.

    Tsubaki would attack, http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-15.html

    Her defence fairies consist of Lily, Baigon & Hinagiku. They repel attacks http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-12.html

    Finally her ability to repel damage (in order to do things like reviving) is depended on Shonou & Ayame. http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...3-page-13.html

    Through her ability she is "Denying the fact that anything happened & completely erase evidence of the event." http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-18.html

    She could deny the fact that a human ever existed (aka erase the human from existence), she could deny the fact that a wound ever existed, she could deny the fact that a death occurred http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-13.html , she could deny anything existence ("denying the fact that anything happened") & "completely erase evidence of the event."

    So instead of denying the existence of the wound Ichigo got through Ulquiorra, she started crying.

    ---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

    Her state of mind is her limitation.
    True enough, I'd forgotten that she brought Menoly back after Grimmjow blasted most of the top half of her away. So it is within her power to bring back the dead, or newly dead anyway. But I think (and this is largely speculation) that she has to have something to start from. Now, she did restore Tsubaki from scratch, but I think that's slightly different, because Tsubaki is a part of her. Even if the vessel was destroyed, his power must have remained in Orihime in some form, so it's not surprising that she could bring him back. I would think it's different when healing other beings. Ulquiorra was reduced to ashes and scattered into the desert below, so I'm not so sure she could bring him back without at least one grain of him to work from.

    I'm not denying that at the very peak of her potential, she may (or may not) be able to literally undo any event she wishes. Who knows, she could one day be able to create a bubble big enough to encase Las Noches and completely undo the events that took place there, brining back every dead Arrancar. But just like everyone else, it depends on how strong she is and how well she can control her powers. Of course, there is the possibility that Aizen was partly bullshitting. He made a lot of grandiose statements about Orihime, and in the end she was nothing more than a piece of bait to give him a strategic advantage. But anyway, as it is, she can't just do or undo anything she pleases. I agree that she could have healed Ichigo again, though it may have taken time because of Ulquiorra's reiatsu, but she couldn't a)because she was panicking and b) because Ulquiorra was standing right there. There's no telling what she may be able to achieve one day, but she's not without boundaries just yet.

    ---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    I think her ability to reject is tied to her strength.

    for example, she is strong enough to close most wounds, to restore a lost limb, while the person is alive, and heal even from the brink of death.
    but she has not had a powerup personally where she enters uber mode. so I do not think she can reject everything. there must be balance, at least so far observed,
    she puts her own effort into the rejection, so while a limb might be easily replaced, a death, might prove to only be rejected by providing her own life as replacement.

    thats my take on it anyway.
    Pretty much agreed, although she did bring Menoly back from the dead. In Ichigo's case, Ulquiorra's Cero Oscuras was no doubt a hell of a lot more powerful than the Cero Grimmjow killed Menoly with, plus Orihime was in no mental state to heal Ichigo. But yeah, it seems to be tied to her own level of strength.

  12. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Uhhh... Did you skip the fillers or what? No offence, but you can't have watched 272 20 minute episodes in under 5 days, can you??

    Um. Anyway. It seems to me that there are limitations to what Orihime can reject. That may or may not change, but I don't think she can literally undo anything she wants. She couldn't revive Ichigo because of Ulquiorra's reiatsu, or because he was too dead or something. But why would she want to revive Ulquiorra anyway? She's a warm-hearted person, sure, and despite his treatment of her she never hated Ulq, but I don't think she particularly loved him or anything like that either. Plus, he's a Hollow. In a sense (though no Hollow would agree) the kindest thing is to put them down and let their soul pass on to Soul Society, although that may not be what happened to Ulquiorra since the fatal blow was delivered by Cero and not by Zanpakuto.
    actually, the thing that killed him was ichigos sword cuting him in half, that is what removed his organs, anything after that was just his own resilience refusing to let him die yet, i dont know about the anime since they censsored this fight like hell, but that is waht happens in the manga.
    here:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-805-17...apter-351.html
    Last edited by SoulAuron; June 14, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

  13. #12
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    ulquiorra's final form (demon form or whatever) is by far the most badass of all espada

    i believe that form would mop the floor with the zero espada yammi in the centipede form

    because even aizen didnt know about ulquiorra's final form, it is beyond even the zero espada

  14. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulAuron View Post
    actually, the thing that killed him was ichigos sword cuting him in half, that is what removed his organs, anything after that was just his own resilience refusing to let him die yet, i dont know about the anime since they censsored this fight like hell, but that is waht happens in the manga.
    here:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-805-17...apter-351.html
    Ah, you're right. Well then, even less reason for Orihime to bring him back.

  15. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Ah, you're right. Well then, even less reason for Orihime to bring him back.
    well yes, but in that case... couldnt he have been in SS since then?
    i believe it is, while the other arrancar dont seem to be afected by soul burrial, since their corpses just lie about no mater how badly butchered they are (in the begining of the story you can see that all hollows that go through soul burial disintegrate), i would assume that ulquiorra probably went through soul burial or something similar because of the way his body dissipated on its own even when he was still concious, then why only ulquiorra you ask? well he is the only one that recovers his heart...
    based on that i have reason to believe that ulquiorra will come back in this arc (not literaly come back from the dead, just appear again), probably not as an arrancar anymore (though it would be cool if he could still use arrancar ressureicion) but using diferent abilities...
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

  16. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Orihime Inoue and Ulquiorra's Death

    That's an interesting point, because the other Hollows we've seen cut down, or Pluses given the Soul Burial, have all physically disappeared when going to SS. But the Espada's dead bodies all lingered. I never thought about that. Still, in the Hell Arc special chapter, Aaroniero and Szayel Apporo were shown in hell, still as Arrancar, yet we saw Aaroniero's body in Las Noches well after he was killed, and Mayuri alludes to taking Yammy and several other dead bodies to SS for research.

    Maybe it's something to do with how Menos bodies are formed. Their mind is formed of one individual soul, but they become Gillian by eating and merging with other Hollows. Maybe their bodies don't dissipate like other Hollows because they're made of many spirits, so pehaps only the main Hollow is sent on, and the rest of the material stays behind, but dead.

    But personally I think Ulquiorra turning to dust was just symbolic and connected to his realm of death, emptiness. By turning into dust and vanishing, he's not just dying, he's completely disappearing, leaving nothing behind. I think that goes hand in hand with the concept of emptiness - his existence is completely wiped out, there's no body, it's like he was never there.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts