Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 121 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 121 Discussion / 122 Predictions

All the forums I have read mention, the estimated time of arrival, Shioon's father, what Shioon will ask of Sik, who the "face" Sik was in reference too and about the number of helicopters.

How do we not know that 20 minutes have passed? Time is different in a Manga/Manhwa, it isn't like they draw a panel per minute. As a follow on to that I don't remember anywhere that only ONE helicopter was mentioned. Just because we saw the Sunwoo with Sera flying in one helicopter does not mean it was only limited to one.

I don't see where Unwol could be Shioons dad, but I concede that anything is possible. But lets stay away from the Darth Vader "I am your father" Kaiser scenarios. I kind of hope that it is not ever brought up.

I really hope that Shioon is bold, and tells Sik to yield too and become a branch of the Sunwoo. I don't think it will involve his mother. I really think this whole Island scene has been Shioon taking his role as Gaju seriously. He now thinks highly of himself because a father like figure in Elder Jun gave his life to save him. Even in modern society when someone is willing to give of themselves (especially their life) to save someone else. Then that person has a shrine and a memorial etc if they do make that sacrifice. In an extremely pride and honor driven Murim-in societal norm, I could see Shioon taking Elder Jun's sacrifice-of-himself very seriously.

Elder Jun was referenced a number of times starting in chapter 110 pgs 4-5 pages depending on how you look at it. Through the rest of this island Shioon has reaffirmed to himself that he is the Gaju of the Sunwoo. I really think he will be bold and declare to Sik to swear fealty or some such allegiance declaration to him and to the Sunwoo. He will then instate Sik as a new Elder within its ranks. <--Yes that seems bold and out of sorts but Shioon is different from every other Murim-in EVER.

Forgot to mention the "face". I really think that Sik was a part of the clean up crew. Who knows maybe Murim-in had royalty until Unwol killed them all during the BOT test. Just saying that this is the most interesting piece of the whole chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nanoclarkology View Post
    All the forums I have read mention, the estimated time of arrival, Shioon's father, what Shioon will ask of Sik, who the "face" Sik was in reference too and about the number of helicopters.

How do we not know that 20 minutes have passed? Time is different in a Manga/Manhwa, it isn't like they draw a panel per minute. As a follow on to that I don't remember anywhere that only ONE helicopter was mentioned. Just because we saw the Sunwoo with Sera flying in one helicopter does not mean it was only limited to one.

I don't see where Unwol could be Shioons dad, but I concede that anything is possible. But lets stay away from the Darth Vader "I am your father" Kaiser scenarios. I kind of hope that it is not ever brought up.

I really hope that Shioon is bold, and tells Sik to yield too and become a branch of the Sunwoo. I don't think it will involve his mother. I really think this whole Island scene has been Shioon taking his role as Gaju seriously. He now thinks highly of himself because a father like figure in Elder Jun gave his life to save him. Even in modern society when someone is willing to give of themselves (especially their life) to save someone else. Then that person has a shrine and a memorial etc if they do make that sacrifice. In an extremely pride and honor driven Murim-in societal norm, I could see Shioon taking Elder Jun's sacrifice-of-himself very seriously.

Elder Jun was referenced a number of times starting in chapter 110 pgs 4-5 pages depending on how you look at it. Through the rest of this island Shioon has reaffirmed to himself that he is the Gaju of the Sunwoo. I really think he will be bold and declare to Sik to swear fealty or some such allegiance declaration to him and to the Sunwoo. He will then instate Sik as a new Elder within its ranks. <--Yes that seems bold and out of sorts but Shioon is different from every other Murim-in EVER.

Forgot to mention the "face". I really think that Sik was a part of the clean up crew. Who knows maybe Murim-in had royalty until Unwol killed them all during the BOT test. Just saying that this is the most interesting piece of the whole chapter.
    this it just speculation on my part and i could be wrong could doc Sik be kaiser ex master
    that could be a way for Black forest defense to be intertwine and lead shioon to GMR

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Both mangacow and A-team translations point out a SINGLE helicopter. Seeing that at least five helicopters are moving together, the warning should have indicated plural helicopters.
    http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/118/6/

Furthermore, the dialogue below clearly indicates that they've initially believed that there was only one helicopter approaching. You can also see from the bottom right panel that they thought they still had time. So, it is clear that Sunwoo has arrived in less than 20 minutes. All evidence point out to an alteration in radar readings.
    http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/121/21/

It is futile to talk about the identity of Shioon's father at the moment. I think the author is simply keeping it as a wild card for the future. He could be a master, alive or dead. He could even be a simple salary man. For all we know, Shioon's mother could be a martial artist herself. We don't know her past anymore than Shioon's father. If I remember correctly, we even saw her with a bandaid on her head in Season 1. I believe she made up a story about an accident at work?(Can someone help me locate that page? ). Maybe she still fights but is not a murim-in per se. How can we be sure that she was not fighting against SUC goons before she went in to coma? So, let's keep an open mind and don't fuss too much about it just now

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

After the elders land the doctor will say

It seems "Crazy Tiger" (elder jung) is not here? And elder kwon will tell that elder jung passed away because he protected the gaju from a bomb "yesterday"

If elder kwon said that then the doctor will be more surprised how fast Shioon recover

After i read the chapter again and again the doctor will have to accept Shioon's condition on winning or the doctor will just say that i already promised you that i will not move and you accept it so that is your condition hahaha

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    After the elders land the doctor will say

It seems "Crazy Tiger" (elder jung) is not here? And elder kwon will tell that elder jung passed away because he protected the gaju from a bomb "yesterday"

If elder kwon said that then the doctor will be more surprised how fast Shioon recover

After i read the chapter again and again the doctor will have to accept Shioon's condition on winning or the doctor will just say that i already promised you that i will not move and you accept it so that is your condition hahaha

Except he already broke that promise. He moved when Shioon punched his foot and did the body grab and the doc responded with killing move, well a move at least that would have killed anyone else.

I know the doc honorable but I still want to see Kwon and him fight. Please, Please shows us within the next two chapters Smug Face and Mustache reactions to Shioon being alive and escaping the alliance.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want Sunwoo to hide the fact that Shioon is still alive and i know that the government will hide what happened on the island because

#1 its a top secret island that is not on the maps
    #2 its a top secret project that they need Shioon to control Sunwoo
    #3 its a huge disappointment to the government and military

So clearly they cannot say that kind of info at MMA because that will be another disappointent at the government and maybe MMA will lose their trust at the government

And besides if MMA snoops on why Sunwoo rushes to a government island they can just say that they detained their gaju on their special hospital to tend on his injuries and died and they rushed to get their gaju's body problem solved Shioon is now dead on SUC and MMA and proceed on his training
    Last edited by kidopitz27; June 27, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@kidopitz27

On the contrary, i geniuinly doubt that Sunwoo had time or need to announce that one of the elders (or anyone else from the clan), has died or was injured during the school "incident". As far as the rest of Murim is concerned, Shiioon is ok. Remember, a few chapters ago someone (From MAA?, i don't remember.) reported to Hyuk so Chun that there was a rumour of an explosion in Shioon's school. Still, all they have are rumours, no official confirmation. At this point if the gov. chose to remain silent about the matter, then very few people would know about the events of the island.

Having said that, i doubt it will be posible for the gov. to remain silent. Sunwoo's landing on the island is official (i.e. It's not an attack), as is the duel betwen two clan leaders that has just occured on this island. If anything, Sunwoo will have enough leverage to force gov. in to realeasing the info Elders want to be realesed.

On the passage of time issue, i belive a few days had to have passed since the explosion. Else the rumours wouldn't have the time to spread. Also everyone involved in the incident, Murimin or not, has beed realeased from the hospital. Even if all of them had only minor injuries, i suspect 3-5 days must have passed.
    So Shioon's recovery, while remarkable, probably wasn't that much faster than it usually is. It's just that unlike most people, thanks to his god-like regenaration powers, he actualy survived the Overhaul Rebirth.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we still don't know howmany days have passed since the explosion but i believe that it was just 1 day like if you put together the sequence of what happened

1. All Sunwoo was arrested
    2. On the night news the broadcasting news said that there was a gas explosion
    3. On the next day Sunwoo Elders discuss what happened at their gaju and Elder Jung
    4. On that same day a government official called glasses dude about the news pertaining the explosion
    5. Same day glasses guy and Shioon talk about Sunwoo
    6. Same day Shioon escaped and pawn a lot of Special Murim Squad
    7. Same day he was hit by silver blood needles by doctor shik
    8. Same day he was resting/hiding on the top of the tree until nightfall
    9. Doctor anf shioon fight
    10.Sunwoo clan arrive

So if this sequence is correct 1 day passed since the explosion and i hope it will be so that the whole body rebirth thing is more awesome rather than the old Shioon regeneration ability hahaha

But if days have pass since the explosion the its also ok but if the doctors are saying that when they received shioon tjey should put him on the morgue and not a hospital and he miraculously survive and wake up and they told that what if shioon is an alien because of what happen maybe its just 1 day after the explosion hahahab
    Last edited by kidopitz27; June 27, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member WEERG's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the chapter going to be late again since the cover isn't released yet?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEERG View Post
    Is the chapter going to be late again since the cover isn't released yet?
    No don't say that. I can't wait another day. They should move chapter releases to wednesday's. Waiting till friday is way too long.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to assume the chapter will be late due to no cover being released. He doesn't actually provide a cover page usually. I stress the usually because he has been doing cover pages recently, and in colour frequently. But that is just recently. He used to only provide them about once every 5-10 chapters before this.

We've just been spoiled recently.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10