Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Kishimoto: Rushed Writing and Repeating History?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishimoto: Rushed Writing and Repeating History?

Kishimoto seems to be hinting hard that Sasuke will follow the path of Madara.
    What other way could the series go so that it would not be THAT boring?
    (not literally boring but redundant)

Sasuke and Naruto : Hashirama and Madara

Sasuke will not detach himself from Konoha because his predecessors (Itachi, Shisui, etc.) sacrificed their lives for the greater good of Konoha. There is a good chance he is serious about becoming Hokage and is not BSing.

Hashirama said himself people change due to their goals.
    Basically we see another version of Hashirama vs Madara with Naruto vs Sasuke.
    Itachi said those who are recogonized become Hokage, not the other way around + if Naruto followed the path of wanting to solve everything on his own he would eventually END UP LIKE MADARA.

*hint hint > Sasuke is following how Naruto thought prior to speaking to Itachi and if Sasuke is dead set on this path he would follow the same path as Madara as well.

The ONLY thing that would be different about this scenario as opposed to the Hashirama and Madara one would be Naruto not resolving to kill Sasuke as Hashirama ultimately (believed) did with Madara.

Even if you weigh both scenarios, I find both equally not entertaining.
    However, I still think Orochimaru is the final villain but I don't see how that will affect the relationship between Naruto and Sasuke significantly (story wise). Even if Orochimaru took over his body... big deal... Sasuke still wants control over Konoha so beating either wouldn't be "winning"

Also, I am disappointed with how Kishimoto has treated Sasuke's character progression as well as his current relationships with people. Sakura almost got killed by the guy when he was crazy and blind and now she's okay with him, not to mention Karin who basically falls for him AFTER she would've died had she not been Uzumaki to tank that chidori like a boss.

The series is feeling way too rushed + overhyped + and especially cluttered at this point with Orochimaru's hidden intentions, the Juubi, the revived kages, Sasuke returning, Madara and Hashirama fight incoming (maybe). I feel like the characters and their intentions are way too big to be all in one spot all wanting to get some screen(page) time and it's really messy.

What do you guys think?
    Is Kishimoto really redundant and has his story been really rushed so far?
    Assuming the series is already at/past climax, the series should probably be over before the end of 2014 which gives at most ~78ish chapters, less if you include golden week and all other shonen jump holidays)

(if you take the current chapter where we are at now and go back 76 chapters, we are at the summoning of Madara)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kishimoto: Rushed Writing and Repeating History?

Bad writing, since I never saw my promised Kakashi arc. he

I would respect Kishi if he only hadn't so many obvious retcons and changes in the middle of the manga.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO battle between Naruto vs Sasuke will be Just like Hashirama and Madara but under different circumstances, and won't be the last fight, it will happen after sasuke betray alliance and Naruto will step up to stop him and once they are done and dust is settled Naruto will be victorious and then Big Bad Oro will come and then Naruto will fight and in the middle of the fight Sasuke will have a change of heart (Real one) and die while saving Naruto and alliance, That's where their story will differ from past ...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this manga NEEDS a battle between naruto and sasuke

desperately

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lyght's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well sakura attack or was going to attack sasuke first, so she had it coming.
    well i think the roles are mixed now, naruto is closer to madara then hash it u think about it.

example 1: madara fight and kills senju because they are the enemy,however he wanted an end to this fighting.
    Naruto fights and kills akasuki members, however he does want peace in part I he wants to gain power so he can rule over the village. it is still true for the beginning of part II its not till he gets involved in this frog mobojobo that he has the goal to bring peace to the world.

what im trying to say is that madara,hashi,naruto and sasuke are not as black and white as people make them out to be.

P.S im going to make the similarities between sasuke and hash in a few minutes, i need to eat

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree partially with the OP, I also belive that the manga has clearly fell in terms of quality ever since the world war began and the plot has become less creative and more predictable, with epic scenes becoming rarer and dull moments appearing more often. It is also pretty much obvious that Kishi changed his mind about certain plot elements and there are clues about those changes that can be found throughout the manga. Someone argued another day that those epic 1 on 1 fights have been replaced with boring team battles or massive fights that are resolved by some unispiring huge jutsu and the strategy and clever fighting that appeared in earlier fights is nowhere to be seen anymore and I agree with him.

I don't know if Kishi is suddenly trying to rush to the end of Naruto because he's got his mind on something else or if he's busy making some other manga and his priorities shifted from Naruto to that manga but it's hard to deny that the manga has taken a turn to the worse. However, I feel that Naruto, as a manga, is still salvageable and I hope that Kishi can provide us with some epic final moments to at least save the manga from being known in the future as a manga that "had everything to be epic but the author wasn't able to keep up with all the hype and eventually failed in the end".

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    this manga NEEDS a battle between naruto and sasuke

desperately
    Makes little sense.

Naruto in yang mode should be around Sasuke's level. Naruto in actual Kyuubi mode is in its own league (not counting edo tensei's).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the whole series has been about how history repeats itself since ever, with the former sannin and the new ones, with the kages, with Madara-Hashirama, with Obito and Kakashi; everything keeps developping the same way since the Chunin exam arc.
    I totally agree with you, YEEKUZA, but it's not really that surprisung IMO.
    I don't know how everything will develop, but I have almost lost my faith in Kishimoto. He's thinking more in Mario and stuff than in Naruto, which he keeps dragging for the sake of milking the cow until it gets unmilkable.
    All that Sasuke for hokage hype is absurd and makes no sense. Come on, he is a terrorist. He just doesn't deserve it. And he won't deserve it even if he defeats Madara, Ororchimaru or whoever comes. He's done too many evil deeds.
    I'm not saying he's beyond salvation, I'm saying that's not what a Hokage is meant to be.

New Reply