Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 83

Thread: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

  1. #31
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    well i meant before the whole treaty thing

    im not saying they are terrible people

    but i do believe the number of the uchiha who truly sought peace like shisui and itachi were few and far between
    If that were truly the case I don't see how their clan wouldn't tear itself apart. There had to be more Izanami users than Izanagi users so to speak otherwise the clan wouldn't have lasted for so long.

    Prior to Madara's rule as leader I think it was plainly obvious that both Uchiha and Senju were ultra violent clans who just tore their enemies to pieces. Warmonger isn't the right term because everyone had the same mindset back then as far as child soldiers and endless bloodshed. Difference is, the Uchiha's also had some infighting because of their occular powers. But again, if it was so bad there is no way they could have survived while both fighting themselves and the Senju.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  2. #32
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    The son of the RS that inherited the ocular powers is also part of the reason the uchiha were a cursed clan
    they always desired power its in their dna

  3. #33
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    The son of the RS that inherited the ocular powers is also part of the reason the uchiha were a cursed clan
    they always desired power its in their dna
    That may be true, but it isn't true for all of them. Again, if they were all power hungry they'd have been killing themselves and would have been killed by the Senju. That is unless they were more powerful than the Senju at one point but couldn't exersie an advantage because they were too busy fighting one another. It isn't that far fetched of an idea but I don't think it's the case.

    We saw that Madara, who was power hungry, was in the minority of his clan. Eventually his entire clan wanted peace instead of power, and betrayed him and followed Hashirama.

    The Elder son sought peace through power, but then Tobirama told us the Uchiha's loved even more than the Senju did. And again, as I mentioned above, the entire clan betrayed Madara for peace. So they aren't quite the power hungry people you think.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #34
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    ok war mongerers is a stretch

    maybe only madara was that way

    but they were totally power hungry

    and they did kill and take eyes from many of their own kindred
    Again, the series shows otherwise. A bunch of power hungry people would have made full use of abilities like Izanagi and such, not locked them away.

    Outside the EMS situation, which began and ended over a short period sixty years before, there isn't any other implication of them taking their fellow user's eyes. So taking eyes were an exception, not the standard. Obito is the only Uchiha we know of that has ever done that. All the other seen examples (Madara, Itachi, Sasuke), were all given the eyes.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    I always thought Obito's words, "Uchiha Clan had exceptional Chakra" meant anything but small chakra reserves.

    As for the BS, then Kishimoto is an expert in this department, like how Sasuke never decided to use genjutsu on Ae right of the bat, when one person was incapacitated and the other was busy fighting.

  8. #36
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    I always thought Obito's words, "Uchiha Clan had exceptional Chakra" meant anything but small chakra reserves.

    As for the BS, then Kishimoto is an expert in this department, like how Sasuke never decided to use genjutsu on Ae right of the bat, when one person was incapacitated and the other was busy fighting.
    Exceptional doesn't have to mean large though. No un-augmented Uchiha has shown to have a massive chakra reserves, with Madara and Sasuke being exceptions which might have to do with their EMS.

    And while Kishi has certainly handicapped the Uchiha's, the handicapping isn't exclusive to them.

    When Pain fought Naruto he was limited and suddenly became an idiot.

    Kisame had to have his sword betray him for him to die.

    Kakazu, with his 80 plus years of fighting experience became an idiot while fighting Naruto.

    Hanzo, who defeated the 3 Sannin without killing them becomes useless when revived.

    Essentially Kishi made certain characters too powerful and was unable to come up with creative ways for them to be defeated. Or, he simply wanted them to be defeated and just handicapped them.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #37
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi
    Exceptional doesn't have to mean large though. No un-augmented Uchiha has shown to have a massive chakra reserves, with Madara and Sasuke being exceptions which might have to do with their EMS.
    While Sasuke and Madara are the exceptions, it's not because of the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Before Madara even had MS, let alone EMS, he was renowned to have the strongest chakra in his clan.

    Well, he may have actually had MS... I'd have to double check, but it's not like it'd matter since one's chakra reserves don't grow from aquiring MS (or else they wouldn't be so stamina-draining to perform the techniques).

  11. #38
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    According to both Itachi and Obito, Madara became leader of the Uchiha clan thanks to awakening his MS. But he seemingly possessed powerful chakra even compared to the exceptional chakra of the regular Uchihas before that.

  12. #39
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    There are different Uchihas who specialize in different skills. While, for example, Itachi's greatest ability was genjutsu, Sasuke's ninjutsu-specialized. As Danzo said, Sasuke's illusions were far less powerful than Itachi's.

  13. #40
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Danzo said that Sasuke lacked Itachi's ability to control time in his Tsukuyomi. His displays against Orochimaru, Deidara, Kirabi, and Shi would show that he wasn't lacking in the genjutsu area. And for all his talk, Danzo still got fooled by Sasuke's genjutsu afterward.

  14. #41
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    You seriously have a problem with how Senju could handle the Uchiha?

    Yes Kishi did not flat out showed us how it was done but he realy did not had to. I mean not ALL of the Uchiha had a sharingan... The senju from the start could be in way greater numbers then the Uchiha... Like 3 Senju for 1 Uchiha and then think of how many of those had a sharingan... Perhaps the senju had 10 or more people for 1 Uchiha that had a sharingan.

    Then you have the Uchiha attacking 1 another like morons. Remember when Itachi explained why Izanami was developed? He was stating how Uchiha where using Izanagi to fight other Uchiha that where using Izanagi.

    You can insert here a LOT of explanations... Kishi just decided this is not really relevant.

    Yes Kishi does make caracters forget the have abilities for the plot but that happends in the comics to. Why do you think Superman does not stop all crime in Metropolis in 1 panel? Because 1 panel is NOT going to sell...Imagine if Raikage charged off the bat (like he did vs Minato) and choped Sasuke's head off... Yeah not fun.
    Last edited by xXan; June 17, 2013 at 06:48 AM.

  15. #42
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    You seriously have a problem with how Senju could handle the Uchiha?

    Yes Kishi did not flat out showed us how it was done but he realy did not had to. I mean not ALL of the Uchiha had a sharingan... The senju from the start could be in way greater numbers then the Uchiha... Like 3 Senju for 1 Uchiha and then think of how many of those had a sharingan... Perhaps the senju had 10 or more people for 1 Uchiha that had a sharingan.

    Then you have the Uchiha attacking 1 another like morons. Remember when Itachi explained why Izanami was developed? He was stating how Uchiha where using Izanagi to fight other Uchiha that where using Izanagi.

    You can insert here a LOT of explanations... Kishi just decided this is not really relevant.

    Yes Kishi does make caracters forget the have abilities for the plot but that happends in the comics to. Why do you think Superman does not stop all crime in Metropolis in 1 panel? Because 1 panel is NOT going to sell...Imagine if Raikage charged off the bat (like he did vs Minato) and choped Sasuke's head off... Yeah not fun.
    Despite the manga telling us the Sharigan is rare, every time we seen an Uchiha in battle they have a Sharigan. And there is no indication that the Senju outnumbered the Uchiha at all. If they did outnumber them like you say, then the two clans wouldn't be praised equally, because then it would be said that the Uchiha were so exceptional that 1 of them equaled 10 Senju and that wasn't and isn't the case.

    Even if we take into account the in fighting that occurred among the Uchiha (and it couldn't have been that bad), I think the problem everyone is having is that there is no indication of any Senju outside of Hashirama and Tobirama being talented, or rather there is no skills they were known to have aside from being (masters of everything) that would make the able to defeat Uchiha's or stand equal to them regularly.

    I say this because when you have tow ninja of equal ability and one of them is an Uchiha with the Sharigan, the Uchiha should always win. The Sharigan gives too many advantages for this not to be the case.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  16. #43
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    The manga never told us Sharingan has always been rare, it was just Sasuke who said the Sharingan was rare, which could apply only to when he was alive. Maybe before Konoha was established, Sharingan was common due to war and constant fighting.

    Though, I don't think Sharingan automatically means genjutsu proficiency. Even taijutsu, ninjutsu, and genjutsu related to Sharingan depends on the user's ability. If Obito were to use Sharingan genjutsu, it'd be pretty horrible because he knows nothing about genjutsu. If Lee had EMS and tried using a ninjutsu or copied ninjutsu,it'd be a waste of time because he can't do ninjutsu.

    Reason why Sharingan is so dangerous is because guys like Itachi, Madara, and Sasuke were already pretty talented and highly skilled in fighting... SHaringan just added to the talent/skill.

  17. #44
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Obito used Genjutsu like a beast, defintely one of the best.

  18. #45
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What's all this bull**** about fighting an Uchiha?

    Tobi used genjutsu like, a year or two after he met Madara, and likely because of Hashirama's chakra. He had ten years to practice using genjutsu on humans after that too, as well as knowledge of Izanagi.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts