Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    You are right, poor Tanaka was one sad story of a man who lost everything and failed to take revenge.

But I see what the author did here, if Tanaka won, the example would be that revenge makes ones stronger and brings justice which is something that does not bode well with the core beliefs of this series.

I suppose Tanaka served to show Kenichi that people who lose their loved ones can lose their way but even then so they wont find resolution in foresaking themselves.

Kensei is once more reafirmed as a terrible villain who is guided by rock solid twisted beliefs which will take a far stronger opponent than Tanaka or any newly made masters to bring down.

Hower, Tanaka's death was not in vain, he did save Kenichi and Ryuto and allowed the latter to finally join the good guys.

Berserker is a far better villain, in terms of evil, than Ryuto because he is unfettered and puts fighting above any kind of human relationship just like Kensei.

In the moment Rimi showed off and Ryuto became more humane and lovable than before, it was bound for him to stop being an enemy and become Kenichi's true rival.

It's a shame that Rimi died but Myu is stated to be pearless and adding any long term rival to her would be too difficult to implement in this series.
    Just reposting because it was referent to this week's chapter and not the last one.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jizzman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 525 Discussion / 526 Predictions

This exchange of looks between kensei and ryuuto right here says a hundred words
    Last edited by Jizzman; June 09, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzman View Post
    This exchange of looks between kensei and ryuuto right here says a hundred words
    Kensei: Ur gay criplu with ded gurl.

Ryuuto: Ur gey wit da bersurkr.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter is very sad i really liked tanaka but his death will be engraved into kenichi's memory
    i think kenichi will think twice before fighting masters again. I think kensei is likely to be injured by tanaka's techniques
    akisame will surely defeat kensei i think he knew of kensei before he turned dark.
    in all seriousness, if tanaka is died then rimi should die i think she is no match for miu and is very annoying to watch

it is time for for the alliance to grow strong and be the youth division of Ryuozanpaku and fight their rivals

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 526 Discussion / 527 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi Spoiler Thread

Well, this is surprising. Rimi almost died, tanaka got murdered in front of a bunch of kids and everyone in the shinpaku alliance was hurt and the only reaction we get from the masters is apathy? I would have expected at least akisame to display some level of anger at what happened.

Well, at least the arc had a less dark ending with rimi being alive. I wonder what will both of them do now though. Is there a chance common sense strikes them and realize that the 21th century is not the sort of place where "martial arts" qualify as a career and that following that path they are more likely to end up as hobos under a bench rather than awesome martial artist? Even the ryuzampaku guys are mostly unemployed leeches. Heck, akisame is the epitome of perfection capable of attaining years worth of knowledge in seconds and even then he fails to bring in steady income for the dojo....

I really do wonder how yami plans on starting their big war and all. At the moment I have settled with the notion that the eternal sunset is basically a big war they plan on starting. It fits the objectives of the satsujinken overall. A big war would be an ideal place for masters to use their skills and satsujinken to develop. Perhaps saiga himself plans on a war so big that it scares others out of fighting forever though.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

soo rimi livs what the hell is going on she should have died i dont care if kensei is involved it seems that akisame is going to fight kensei
    he is similar to kenchi they were both bullied in schools
    i miss tanaka
    rip tanaka

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no guarantee Akisame will be the master to fight Kensei. He's definitely the most likely one to fight him, but let's not get our hopes up.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 526 Discussion / 527 Predictions

Aside from the end, a bit of a boring chapter IMO. Everyone gets over Tanaka's death like nothing even happened =/

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe tanaka's death hasn't quite hit them just yet? Niyima claims to have seen him so perhaps only kenichi and miu are aware of the fact. I wonder if kenichi simply hasn't quite processed the fact that a dear friend has died in front of him. Its not like when he and sakaki were accomplices to his murder, right now this is someone kenichi genuily cares about. His masters are probably used to death to some degree and have gone through this several times by now however kenichi is young, it is entirely possible that kenichi not dealing with this is something that would completely go past them.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

That said, with all the ki stuff we saw the last arc I am wondering when exactly kenichi will start training to release his own. Miu could give him the fodder treatment rather consistently before, now that she released and controlled her ki the difference should be far greater. Even takeda should be able to get a win over kenichi with his newly released sei ki. Kensei did make the point that lugh was on a short leash the second takeda released his ki after all. Perhaps the next chapter we will see kenichi sparring with miu's dou ki and ask the masters to help him release his ki to compensate to some degree.

I do find it weird that kensei would go the way he did about rimi. I wonder if he planned for things to go that way with ryuto.... Ryuto seemed to have been changing for a while so perhaps he mislead everyone into thinking rimi was dead so as to test whether ryuto was heartless enough to be his disciple.

---------- Post added June 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was June 15, 2013 at 04:02 PM ----------

Looking back though, didn't those two disciples appear in the HSDK ova?

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

MS is out:

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/14815968/1

Stopping Rimi's ki was a good deed from Kensei. He was not taking her pulse but stopping her ki the same way Tanakai did with Ryuuto. With them on "friendly terms" we should not expect another Miu vs Rimi ever again.

The armed Yami has not been a probem since Sai Kagerou, the only hope is that there's supposed to be a super master(s) among them.

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/14815968/17

Why is Kensei looking at them ugly? He's the knife master that escaped the Elder right?

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

sooo annoying that rimi lived i wanted her to die not tANAKA if he died rimi should she is the most useless character in the whole series
    she doesnt pose a single threat

i miss tanaka he was good

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 529 Discussion / 530 Predictions

http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-s...le-kenichi/527

Chapter out.

Cool chapter IMO although it did have a couple of disappointing developments.

Rimi being dumb is kinda boring... Can't she get some honest development beyond being a bimbo and wanting to be someone's bimbo? Send her to school or something at least.

So is this hachioi the equivalent to the OSNF of the weapon's division? My jap is non existent at best so I don't really know what that translates to other than 8 something..... If it is then perhaps we will see ki kagerou again. Perhaps it will be time for him to get back his sword finally? I wonder why shigure uses regular weapons, wouldn't it be better if she uses a reversed blade kenshin style? She wouldn't have to hold back in battles and would still be able to deliver some serious ass.

Anyways big lock was indeed a disappointment. Not that it does not make perfect sense though. Even the temperature should not hold back the masters, just running at high speeds should maintain them warm and cozy through the snow.

How can the ryozampaku guys possibly handle this though? There are at least 8 truly powerful masters in the weapons division (even though several of them already gave the ryozampaku guys a run for their money) and now it turns out that safe for junazad the OSNFs are free to gather and do their business. Its not like ryozampaku, essentially a bunch of hobos, have actually succeeded in stoping yami ever at large. They defeated a couple of the higher ups however yami is a huge organization with many other powerful people and influence, it cannot possibly be stopped by defeating the OSNF. More so, the whole yomi thing and fighting ryozampaku has been proven to be a hobby basically, if they didn't want to they wouldn't even have to fight the ryozampaku guys and it would not make a shred of a difference. Ryozampaku has been winning a war of principles but the actual one, the one that matters, is one where they have not really had a single victory. Even destroying yami bases is a non issue considering we already had a chapter actually pointing out how stupidly fast they can get another one running.

We we have at least o weapon masters worth mentioning (depending on the name of the organization perhaps 9) and the remaining 9 OSNFs. Rypzampaku does have allies but the only ones I can think of that would make a difference would be freya's grandfather, shiba and the father of that kid who kenichi fought at the mountains early in the manga. There were the masked luchadores or something but it does not seem as if they were actually worth something. Even with the current scenario it seems like the ryozampaku are grossly outnumbered in a battle they were not winning (they were not loosing either but still).

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 527 Discussion / 528 Predictions

http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...-kenichi/527/4

Will be updated.

The guy who managed to escape the Elder is good enough to enter (and escape) big lock, I can buy that.

I am glad the weapon division has their own version of the OSNF. They have been nothing but fodder to Ryozanpaku since Sai Kagero.

If Alex & Diego join the fray then all of Ryo's efforts will be for naught. Since Agaard is still active then Akira damaged Yami more by killing Silcardo than them hahahaha! Ah.... This manga needs more Akira.

Akisame is truly worried about Shinpaku's safety.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; June 21, 2013 at 03:35 PM.

New Reply
Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast