Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: OFFICIAL PS4 VS XBOX ONE thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OFFICIAL PS4 VS XBOX ONE thread

has anyone been paying attention to E3 or any of the news going around about the new console generation?

Microsoft will reverse course on their DRM policies for Xbox One, dropping their 24-hour Internet check-in requirement and all restrictions on used games. :ROFL2

Microsoft president of interactive entertainment Don Mattrick announced:

So,today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:
    An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-remov...-drm-514390310

in case you are curious about this article

this diagram is a brief summary of what they both announced a few weeks ago

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OFFICIAL PS4 VS XBOX ONE thread

Despite the backtracking, PS4 still owns the Xbox in terms of price and hardware, as well as not needing the PS eye. I also prefer the sony exclusives to the MS ones. Still, it's a much closer race now than a few hours ago.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree, the PS4 looks to be legit, and it is catering to the gamers first

it is a GAMING CONSOLE with other features

the new xbox seems to be a SOCIAL MEDIA console, that just so happens to play games

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My own impression was that both consoles have a rather strong focus on social media overall (something which I personally do not place any value over). Overall with the removed restrictions I don't really get the impression the consoles are that different to be honest. I guess the xbox1 is a little more expensive but it does some with the eye so its not like you are not getting anything out of it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with that, i dont care about the social media

i do believe sony has a FULL web browser that is compatible with flash videos and everything

where as microsofts web browser will be very limited, (surprise surprise)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody gives a fuck about social media, web browsers .... A bluray, a console, wifi and that's it. I don't know why they keep trying to put more in those things. For other kind of operations, I have other kind of materials.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There will definitely always be better alternatives for the things they try to add... Then again they don't really have much of a choice. The PS3 and Xbox360 were as far as I could tell virtually identical.... I mean, I honestly wouldn't be able to look at the specs and say "oh, this is significantly better than the competition". Its the same thing now, the PS4 and Xbox1 are going to be extremely similar in terms of specs. It ultimately comes down to which exclusive titles you want to play regardless of whether they are from sony, microsoft or nintendo.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck about social media, web browsers .... A bluray, a console, wifi and that's it. I don't know why they keep trying to put more in those things. For other kind of operations, I have other kind of materials.
    Probably trying to make it all-in-one or cater to different demographics. I'm sure there are few who would love social media and web browsers on their console without having to pick up their phone or go on their computer, especially when they're playing. Personally though, that's all pointless to me. A console should play games and let me watch videos, whether via disc or stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There will definitely always be better alternatives for the things they try to add... Then again they don't really have much of a choice. The PS3 and Xbox360 were as far as I could tell virtually identical.... I mean, I honestly wouldn't be able to look at the specs and say "oh, this is significantly better than the competition". Its the same thing now, the PS4 and Xbox1 are going to be extremely similar in terms of specs. It ultimately comes down to which exclusive titles you want to play regardless of whether they are from sony, microsoft or nintendo.
    Wasn't 360 unable to play Blu-Ray, but doesn't it have better internet/wifi?

I'm more likely to get PS4 because it seems cheaper overall and presents better options to me than One.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

well when i'll get one of those console, i'll be able to participate in this discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the luck to test a ps4.
    Graphically, it's not that impressive. A 200 dollars/euros graphic card will currently do the same job or even better on PC. It's a little dissapointing.
    The gamepad is better than the previous one. It feel better in your hands. Joysticks & buttons at the back are easier to access.
    The red light coming from the gamepad when you're hurt is a nice addition.
    The middle zone is as useless as the sixasis. One or two games will use it but it was not necessary to add this feature.
    More useless is the share button that I will never use.

Killzone is the only decent game for the moment & I don't get why so many people got the console from the start when there is basically nothing to do with it.
    I will wait for mgs in march to buy one but my first feeling: disappointed

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With the Kinect less Xbox One ($399) incoming, it seems that PS4 and Xbox One are becoming more similar than ever.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

New Reply