Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's Magi?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

4 30.77%
  • Excellent

8 61.54%
  • Top 10 in Magi

1 7.69%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magi 186 Discussion/187 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 186 Discussion/187 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Wait wait wait, since when did Aladdin learned the way to materialize djinns? Phenex and the snake-haired guy looked so awesome!
    Well he did it 2 times before already, but it was really a surprise nevertheless xD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm super interested in what Kouen will do about Aladdin now!
    Back in chapter 146 he showed real interest in who king Solomon was and what happened in the past, and suddenly the "reincarnation" of that King appeared before him I love how he was so surprised by Aladdin's ability to materialize Djinn, but didn't react at all when Aladdin called him an old man! xDD
    Last edited by relory; June 24, 2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member darkdana666's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Of all the awesome and insightful things about this chapter, I still can't get over the "old man" part! Hahahahaha!!!! I'm actually surprised by Kouen, I don't know what to think of the guy. He seems to be so calm and stoic...

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Now something really fits, with Aladdin being able to use Solomon's Wisdom and all...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kouen and his household aren't actually evil, they're just doing things that happen to be good for Kou which is therefore good for Al Thamen. They're able to be likable yet in reality are being used and don't realize it or care. He seems to have the same goal as Sinbad, but chooses to be militaristic about it opposed to diplomatic. Sinbad is collecting insane amounts of power and making himself a target of everyone so that he can fight a defensive war that leads to even more power for the Seven Seas Alliance when they win. Kouen would prefer to just steamroll everyone and not wait because he can.

Plus, Gyokuen is the only completely unlikable villian in this manga, even Mogamett and Aum Madaura couldn't be completely hated because both were involved with either personal tragedy or with tragic people all around them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member darkdana666's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Kouen and his household aren't actually evil, they're just doing things that happen to be good for Kou which is therefore good for Al Thamen. They're able to be likable yet in reality are being used and don't realize it or care.
    If they don't care then that would make them the bad guys.
    But for me, the jury is still out on Kouen and his brothers. I think Hakuryuu should be next in line for the throne since he is the oldest son of the first emperor, but not only does Kouen threaten to use force should Hakuryuu try to take up his birthright, goes around having people call him the king and calling the empire HIS, but also admittedly enjoys war.
    Sinbad is a different. His tendency to collect power is more of a deterrence strategy, while Kouen is quite simply an invader. Sinbad is fighting Al-thamen while Kouen is aware of them and doesn't seem to mind using them and being used so that he may achieve his ends.
    With all that said, I still truly don't know what to make of him. He seems too calm and forgiving (Alibaba's little bluff & Hakuryuu not bowing to him). I don't know... honestly, we need more info on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kouen is aware of Al Thamen, but he may not understand what they really are. Only that they are a group worth watching. In fact, I think he thinks that he is the one using them to get what he wants, specifically with Judal's ability to seal or raise dungeons. Once he unites the world, he'll want his empire back and would try to get rid of them, but we all know that by then it would be too late.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkdana666 View Post
    If they don't care then that would make them the bad guys.
    I think Hakuryuu should be next in line for the throne since he is the oldest son of the first emperor
    correction, he is the youngest and only living son of the previous emperor.

I don't think Kouen and his household and his siblings knew that Al Thamen's HQ is within their empire. I think what they knew is that there's this abnormality and the one responsible for it is Gyokuen and her minions. When Aladdin said that his djinns will explain what was happening, he seemed really surprised.

I don't know which between Sinbad and Kouen could be a possible ally or who is the better leader. Sinbad wants to unify the world and erase the abnormalities within it, but his true motives were not yet known and the way he obtains power is very suspicious. While Kouen has the same goal as Sinbad, but we still don't know if that includes eradicating the said abnormalities, and the way he uses to unify the countries is by invading. So yeah, here applies Ohtaka's formula of making a character a saint within a demon lol

And I pressume Gyokuen has her reasons why she plotted the previous emperor and her sons' deaths.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh! Another boring chapter. First, Titus dies doing nothing but feeling upset about his life and decides to change that... achieving nothing.
    Next, Mogamett accepts he had great time caring about Gois and then dies.
    Now, Father came from the other dimension and if he touches the earth, the whole Ruhk's flow will fall into despair. Why? We don't know.
    Alibaba did nothing, same with Kou's forces (they were unable to see Aladdin's Magi powers at first) but then Aladdin awaken the Djinns which was the only good thing on these three chapters.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Why everyone must always achieve something before dying? You have been reading too many shounens lately ^^
    Actually about Father, we had a foreshadowing of Alma Toran, where the same problem of mages vs humans caused the "it". She cant reveal all the plot at once you know? At least I like when the authors leave some things open, so fans can actually speculate on possible plots by their own.

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Why everyone must always achieve something before dying? You have been reading too many shounens lately ^^
    Actually about Father, we had a foreshadowing of Alma Toran, where the same problem of mages vs humans caused the "it". She cant reveal all the plot at once you know? At least I like when the authors leave some things open, so fans can actually speculate on possible plots by their own.
    Exactly! Magi is one of very few manga which makes me wonder what's gonna happen next chapter. Sensei must be particularly skilled at creating cliff-hangers in almost every single chapter.

Now it's obvious that Aladdin can materialise Djjins whenever he wants without even touching metal vessels, I wonder how he's gonna fight. Is he gonna summon all the djiins which are present and let them fight or leave them in their metal vessels and fight along the dungeon capturers?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    If you see me discussing Sche's life, correct me about achievings.

So may i conclude that you like open ends?

One thing for sure about me, this arc has bored me enough to wish to get into the next with Morgianna as protagonist.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    If you see me discussing Sche's life, correct me about achievings.

So may i conclude that you like open ends?

One thing for sure about me, this arc has bored me enough to wish to get into the next with Morgianna as protagonist.
    I never said I liked open ends, just that I like to think and imagine when I'm reading a manga, instead of just reading the crude plot ^^

Fair enough, nothing can ever please everyone.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2