Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate the chapter?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

10 40.00%
  • Great

12 48.00%
  • Neutral

3 12.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 122 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 122 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by neovenom View Post
    again thanks for clearing it up. I wasn't following the discussion threads back then so i just accepted A-Team's translation as the correct one. And since mangacow released it this chapter the same way made me question the accuracy of their previous translation back in chapter 59 and 60.

@kidopitz27
    hasn't shioon been escaping acupoint techniques since before he ever went into BOT. Maybe it's more accurate to say that he has been enduring it rather than escaping it. According to the wacky doctor back when shioon first skirmished with coolguy, in shioon's condition several places in his body can generate ki independently so he can negate acupoint attacks. Of course comparing the level of cool guy's technique to the ghost doc's would be ridiculous. Still i'd rather shioon doesn't enter BOT mode for 2 reasons. 1 i dont want it to be overused in the manwha and 2 i dont want this arc to drag any longer. If shioon goes in BOT that'll automatically become more chapters of shioon attacking the doc, kwon and the doc trying to figure out what's going on with shioon and jinnie remembering that it's the same state shioon entered in the school invasion arc. It's just pointlessly dragging it for no reason.
    Actually if you don't want it to drag any longer than YOU DO want shioon to go BOT. That would mean he's not been subdued and sunwhoo has actually arived, thus he wins and its up to Doc to accept. Now that could go both ways in that somehow he has control over BOT this time and can snap out of it or elder kwon makes him snap out of it.

IF instead he doesn't break out of this subdued state he's in, THAT means the two masters will have a death match which will only drag this like you don't want. They are powerful so there's no way they'd finish each other in a few chapters.

In any case with Shioon still struggling and his eyes turning white, there's a good chance he's about to go unconscious and go in the BOT state he had vs Bald Ruy where he imagined who he was fighting...he'll be mentally fighting Doc and his body will react the same way as his visions.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 122 Discussion/ 123 Predictions

This just keeps getting better, week after week. The Doctor is going to find himself disappointed, I doubt Shioon is going to find himself restricted. Elder Kwon's arrival was just amazing, the old man is scary. Let's see what happens next week; excitement abounds.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG, I was getting goosebumps while reading the chapter. Insane, Elder Kwon is pissed. I want him to go berserk and kill everyone .

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member neovenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    Actually if you don't want it to drag any longer than YOU DO want shioon to go BOT. That would mean he's not been subdued and sunwhoo has actually arived, thus he wins and its up to Doc to accept. Now that could go both ways in that somehow he has control over BOT this time and can snap out of it or elder kwon makes him snap out of it.

IF instead he doesn't break out of this subdued state he's in, THAT means the two masters will have a death match which will only drag this like you don't want. They are powerful so there's no way they'd finish each other in a few chapters.

In any case with Shioon still struggling and his eyes turning white, there's a good chance he's about to go unconscious and go in the BOT state he had vs Bald Ruy where he imagined who he was fighting...he'll be mentally fighting Doc and his body will react the same way as his visions.
    That's under the assumption that shioon's only means to break this technique is to go into BOT. Shioon since before ever going into BOT has taken lethal attacks and overcame it with spirit(and help from his enormous ki lol). As seen with the 2 times that BOT was shown with GMR and Shioon at the school invasion arc(i don't consider the time shioon fought the quack doc and cool guy as an actual BOT state) that the trigger for entering a BOT state is rage. In GMR's case caused by shiho's death and shioon's case caused by elder jeon's. Here we don't have a situation that would build rage within shioon. Ideally i would like for the next chapter Shioon manages to break out of the the technique baffling the doc(this series bread and butter lol), Shioon continues to attack the doc without realizing kwon is there, kwon calls out to Shioon telling him to stop fighting in that condition, shioon stops when he realizes the situation, the doc still in a state of shock because he still can't believe shioon managed to break it. In that moment the helicopters land and the sunwoo clan surrounds the special ops scrubs. The doc comes to and admits his defeat perplexing elder kwon and the sunwoo clan. In this moment the doc tells them about the conditions of the duel. elder kwon now realizing that there was no need for negotation decides to attack the doc and the special ops scrubs but shioon stops him. Shioon then reminds the doc that he is supposed to do something for him once he won. He tells him what it is or probably rain check it and leaves with the clan. Of course chances are it wont turn out this way and even if it did it wouldnt happen in 1 chapter, knowing the authors they'd make 3 chapters out of that little scenario but it beats 10 more chapters of pointless fighting of either kwon or shioon BOT.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neovenom View Post
    Here we don't have a situation that would build rage within shioon.
    I also don't want him to go in BOT mode… but still he has to get some power boost or stamina boost from somewhere…
    But “We Don't have a situation that would build rage” doesn't mean that current situation cannot change in next 3-4 mins that could build up rage… There are scenarios where that can happen… For e.g. A proud kwon be trash talked and subdued by treating shwioon as hostage.. and he is even during fight over and over going through emotional trauma of fighting inspired by elder Jung’s words…

For 1000 needle restriction---- I could not understand the technique… Doc was holding around 3-4 needles in hand .. We can see one on Shiwoon’s shoulder… Obviously it is not 1000 needles he used.. Are this for restricting 1000 acu puncture points in the body … If Shiwoon can pull out even one needle somehow… Then there is scope… Doctor said “If you are still able to move that means you have no heart” … is it the correct translation??

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    OMG, I was getting goosebumps while reading the chapter. Insane, Elder Kwon is pissed. I want him to go berserk and kill everyone .
    Lol... the first thing came to my mind after finishing the chapter was....I was murmuring inside my head KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL.....

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My long term prediction: Elder Kwon will not die. He has so much to teach Shioon. As for the Doctor, he either dies before NW ends or become a powerful ally of the Sunwoo Clan.

For the next chapter:
    Glasses Guy will remain stupid
    The soldiers will panic
    Flashback on the first Kwon vs Shik battle
    Doc will tell Kwon about the deal he and Shioon has made
    Doc is convinced that he has won.
    Shioon hears this and is fueled to break the 1,000 needles restriction!

NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon most likely will go BOT assuming by end of 3rd part he has to have control over it.

He will go into BOT after a while and break the technique, loose control and after a while somehow comes out of BOT. Shik accepts his loss and hopefully Sunwoo gains an ally.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jizzman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting with this chapter, I believe we're gonna start seeing different modalities of the BOT which isn't induced by rage alone, and which can be controlled in short bursts.
    Shioon's normal ki-flow looks to be completely restricted by that last technique judging by his inability to move. I don't think willpower alone can overcome this.
    If he could potentially reverse his ki-flow then i believe he could nullify the acupuncture technique.

According to the doc, shioon hasn't won yet but we all know shioon has to somehow win in the end hence why I've predicted that he will pull out his trump card in this situation.
    Last edited by Jizzman; June 28, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Bwhahahhaha - Elder Kwan is so calm right now!!
    I hope he punches and knocks out the glasses guy as well.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

A-team's version is out as well
    http://www.ipitydafoo.com/forums-3/
    Just for reference, they call Kwon as "2nd strongest from the 10 grand masters of murim".

The highlight of this chapter was undoubtedly Kwon's heroics. I now want him to teach Shioon more and more. It's probably gonna be a brief period until Sosul arrives but we all know what a fast learner Shioon is.

If it was any other person than Shioon, DOC would probably let him go at this point. I hope Shioon breaks out that paralysis with his own power and not with BOT. I frankly don't want to witness another BOT incident unless Shioon has some control over it. I at least expect Shioon to be able to turn BOT on and off at will at some point. Yes, a great sorrow and anger may be a gateway to initiate BOT but I do think Unwol was at least able to initiate it at will. So, plot-wise, Shiion using the usual BOT wouldn't give us too much of a kick.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though the chapter is a little behind where I had anticipated it being, I can't help but be pleased with how the chapter and the arc overall is being handled. While the incorrect ETA is yet to be explained, this chapter did show the mindset of the Sunwoo clans party. Even though they heard him on the phone they still expected Shioon, who they already know has a quick healing factor, to still be incapacitated. And come to think about it, the "negotiations" that Sera and the Elders initially had in mind were probably not Kwon's current approach of, "give the Gaju and leave, if you do I will spare your lives." Perhaps they initially intended to "thank" the government for treating the Gaju up to that point and offer some cooperation with the Government and Martial Arts Alliance. After all they do all share a common enemy.

That said I didn't realize until this chapter that people still interpreted 2nd strongest as Kwon's rank rather than his nickname. Consider all of the note able people of Murim we have been introduced to before their fight. GMR, 3 Arts Dragon, Southern Red Star, Cool Guy, Smiling Blade and so on.

This was the term I was looking for, Mumyung, referring to nicknames used in Murim circles. I'm inclined to believe that Elder Kwon has been known as the Strongest Second, since back before he was among the top Ten of Murim. The other Munyung of the Sunwoo so far are Crazy Tiger, Lightning Heel, Big Mountain, and Southern Red Star. I'm looking forward to finding out what the other two Elder's Munyung are and for Shioon to finally be renowned through out Murim with his own.
    Last edited by 4ghost; June 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Doc: Kwon.... Unfortunately you are a bit late. Our duel has just ended.
    Kwon: What nonsense are you spouting?
    Doc: You see, your Gaju here have offered to have a duel. Condition being he'd come quietly with me if I won before you Sunwoo garbage arrive.
    Kwon: I don't care about any duels or promises, I am taking him away even if it means killing you all.
    (all the soldiers are pushed back by the killing intent...)
    Doc: Heh! Are you that confident in your skills as they are? More importantly, will you let the words of the Gaju of the Sunwoo Clan be in vain?
    Kwon: If you value duels that much, shall we finish up what we've started 30 years ago?! But tell me first why you of all people is here?
    Doc: Nothing special really. Those incompetent government goons needed my help to heal your Gaju. (A sinister smirk...) But thanks to that, I now have a precious sample of my own.
    Kwon: (Walking slowly towards Doc, preparing to fight) I don't think I'll let you turn Gaju-nim into one of your lab rats.

Doc: (Passing by Shioon and approaching Kwon to exchange blows..) You know, I thought you had a stupid parrot in the cage but I can see why you accepted him as the Gaju. He is just like...

Shioon: (Somehow breaking out the needle tech and connecting his soul crushing strike on Doc's back) Now this duel is OVER!

Sunwoo helicopters are almost on their top, soldiers on the ground are panicking and an expression of utter shock on DOC's face while looking at Shioon...

Doc: HOW?!?!?

END OF CHAPTER.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    I also don't want him to go in BOT mode… but still he has to get some power boost or stamina boost from somewhere…
    But “We Don't have a situation that would build rage” doesn't mean that current situation cannot change in next 3-4 mins that could build up rage… There are scenarios where that can happen… For e.g. A proud kwon be trash talked and subdued by treating shwioon as hostage.. and he is even during fight over and over going through emotional trauma of fighting inspired by elder Jung’s words…
    I hope Shioon's able to break this technique through his own force of will, but if that isn't the case then using the BOT seems to be his only option.

If you're looking for the emotional response required to "enter" the BOT state then I would say reliving the situation he was in with Jung Chun(Hyuk So-Chun's brother) is probably what will do it. When he sees Elder Kwon submitting to Shik because of his "weakness" that will probably be enough to put him over the edge.

Shioon using the BOT isn't necessarily based on rage, it's based on him being in the mind set where he's willing to use it. It's the absolute last card he has to play and barring extreme emotional stress(Elder Jung's death) he'll only play it when he's run out of all of his options.

Quote Quote:
    For 1000 needle restriction---- I could not understand the technique… Doc was holding around 3-4 needles in hand .. We can see one on Shiwoon’s shoulder… Obviously it is not 1000 needles he used.. Are this for restricting 1000 acu puncture points in the body … If Shiwoon can pull out even one needle somehow… Then there is scope… Doctor said “If you are still able to move that means you have no heart” … is it the correct translation??
    I'm not sure about the translation either, this is similar to when we saw Shik first use the lifeblood needles. He said Shioon had taken 3 of his needles but I only ever saw Shioon react to one.

I would say the needles are targeting his nerve centers resulting in "paralysis". The paralysis is caused mainly through extreme pain, as whenever you move you begin to lose consciousness. He barely overcame one needle(normal people shouldn't even be able to do this) so the fact that he's now riddled with 15-20(definitely not 1000, maybe we just have a hardcore FF fan) means he shouldn't be able to endure the amount of pain it would require him to remove the needles.

This would be where the BOT comes in, as one of the side effects of the excessive Ki is the ability to ignore pain(according to Dokhengrang).

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member gotdott's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

so much for shik being honorable

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A note on acupuncture: Shik definitely did not use 1,000 needles, because there are not even 1,000 points on the human body to use them on. There are 360.

http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/122/10/

Pay attention to the "impact" art on Shioon. There are six points of impact, meaning six needles. You can see two of them in this page, at the points of impact:

http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/122/12/

Which means that Shik most likely just used six needles. However, this is different from the five point technique he used previously, which is designed to induce extreme pain. By pressing ki charged needles into these six points as he did, according to Breaker Acupuncture Theory, he has stopped the flow of ki through the 12 meridians. No ki flow means the electrical signals which flow through the nervous system are blocked, which means it is impossible to move.

I am not sure why it is called "thousand needle" restriction, but it is indeed a big restriction technique.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast