Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate the chapter?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

10 40.00%
  • Great

12 48.00%
  • Neutral

3 12.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 122 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 122 Discussion/ 123 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    What is acupoint anyway is it like acupuncture ? Where if you hit something it correspond to a vital organ? Or in breaker acupoint is where ki flows (meridian) and if you hit them the ki flow will be paralyzed?
    There are two different sets of meridians in Chinese energy arts. One is the 12 Medical Meridians, the theory of which was developed by medical doctors. The other is the 8 Extraordinary Vessels, which was developed by Taoist monks and martial artists. Today, they are both viewed as two legitimate circulation systems, where one is used for medical purposes and the other is used to cultivate enlightenment or martial arts power.

The 12 meridians are deeply rooted in the central nervous system, and connect to organs and a bunch of other things. Ki circulates along these 12 lines, supplying energy throughout the whole body, and also carrying electrical signals around the body to and from the brain because of the nervous system doing its job. When Ki builds up in one place, or is too weak in one place, or is in general out of balance, this causes pain and disease and Acupuncture is thus the science of restoring balance.

There are 360 "cavities" along these 12 lines, which are places where ki flows out of the body or into it, as well as a few other things. Because each of these 360 cavities, or acupuncture points, are on different parts of the body and correspond to different nerves and organs, pressing these points via acupressure or pressing needles into them via acupuncture can cause different effects within the body. For example, it is common knowledge in modern martial arts that if you press certain points, it will hurt...a lot. Conversely, in TCM, if you press certain points you can remove stagnant ki or press ki into places that are deficient, or you can move ki from a place where it is stagnant to a place where it is deficient. Thus is the science of acupuncture--restoring balance within the body.

The 8 Extraordinary Vessels are a bit different, in that they are not directly connected to the body, through the central nervous system or any other direct means. Now, "everything is tied together," so the 8 Extraordinary Vessels certainly do influence the body, but it is not a straight up part of it like the 12 Meridians are. The theory of these 8 vessels was developed by Daoist Priests and Hermits, in order to circulate ki through the energy body, and thus strengthen the flow of ki, which leads to greater health, greater strength, and longevity. It also pulls into balance, strengthens, and "combines" Shen, Qi, and Jing, which is the Chinese version of Sim Gi Che Hon in The Breaker. I think I should also mention that ki circulating through the 8 vessels is dependent upon the Dantian, which is the "Ki Center" in the lower abdomen. If the dantian has a full charge, energy can be circulated through the 8 vessels easily. If the dantian is weak, out of balance, or broken, that will influence how much energy is circulated through the 8 vessels as well. This is why Shioon lost his ability to use ki when his ki center was broken--by removing the battery, the power lines became empty.

Traditionally, the two most famous circulation exercises involving the 8 Vessels would be the Microcosmic Orbit and the Macrocosmic Orbit, which you can learn a bit about with a quick google search (stay away from Mantak Chia, though). Many schools have different versions of these circulation exercises, and even the higher levels of famous schools like Mo Pai are just a different version of the microcosmic orbit (which is, in its self, a testament to that exercise).

Because, traditionally, there are two circulation systems like this I am also inclined to believe that BHET also simply circulates ki either through the microcosmic or the macrocosmic orbit, simply in some way that is different than the normal and more natural methods.

So, to recap: there are 12 meridians within the physical body, rooted in the central nervous system, with 360 "points" along them. Pressing these points influences the nervous system and the organs, which can be used for healing in medicine or for inducing pain, paralysis, or a lot worse in martial arts. Above these, there are 8 meridians within the energy body, which is rooted to the energetic level, but by by "filling" these 8 vessels (think back to when Granny taught Shioon the meditation practice, when she put her ki into him--she was filling up his 8 vessels), that surplus of energy can make the body stronger and healthier.

And there you have it. Acupuncture and Qi Gong Meridians 101.

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post Ketsurou, it's very informative.

About Shik's actions. I think that it speaks volumes of his personality as a true Murimin that once he's made a choice, he's dead set on it. We see a glimpse of his thought process earlier when glasses want's to use tranquilizer gun's. Shik knows of Sunwoo's involvment and at that point, he can either step back and run or intervene.

Shioon (at that moment in time) still didn't know Shik's name, but Sunwoo isn't stupid, and Shik knows all too well that they would know about his involvement. So, on one side, he's already meddeled in the situation, and admitted that he wouldn't if he knew about Sunwoo sooner. On the other, the Sunwoo is still 20 minutes away (as far as he's concerned), and Shioon is right there in front of him. Just waiting to be captured, too precious, and too interesting to give up on. Ultimately he is forced to make a choice "Do I go against the Sunwoo? Is the boy worth it?".

And we already know which choice he made, when the Sunwoo arives he merely acnowledges their presesence "So you're finally here, Sunwoo". And contiunes to go about his buisness. The chioce is already made, Shik think's "I'm willing to go to war with Sunwoo for the sake of this boy". That's how interesting Shioon is to him.

Secondly, the two of them were in an official duel, no one will deny that. A duel which Shioon propsed, and which Shioon lost. So even formally/polliticaly Shik has good reason's to feel confident.

That's how i see it anyways.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiwoon is not done yet I think so he won't lose the fight he will just surprise the doc again and break out of the tech used by the doc. It could be with the bot or just his beyond instincts Hyuk mentioned shiwoon had.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    It is normal to be surprised when your absolute best does not work, even when you already recognize that you are outmatched. It is even more surprising when your absolute best is brushed off so easily, which leads to the inner conflicts of "wait, did I miss? Or did he REALLY just do that?"

Throughout the entirety of this match, even when he has done foolish things, I view Shioon's reactions as very "realistic" for his position in this scenario. He has an extreme will and extreme pride, and he has proven he is willing to fight to the death against a stronger opponent. However, he is also, for all his power, a relatively new murim-in. You are right in that, to some extent, this most recent technique will show him just how much the doctor was holding back. But I do not believe that he ever underestimated his opponent, even for a moment. His reactions are normal for someone who is throwing out everything he has and simply being toyed with in return.
    I would not call it "underestimating" since it somewhat implies that Shioon is at fault here which he is not. This is not the first time Shioon has faced a much more powerful opponent who in turn usually underestimate him. The thing is, those opponents were mostly guys who did not have abilities Shioon had never seen before. The sword finger bishie guy was much stronger than Shioon at that point but overall, Shioon knew that if he had his Ki-center, he would have had more than a chance, meaning he was not that impressive. He fought Cool Guy with an inefficient Ki-center (or rather the pill) knowing that the opponent had master level abilities but he still managed to win because he used his abilities wisely.
    To me, this situation seemed similar from Shioon´s perspective. His opponent is much stronger than he is but if he uses his abilities wisely and does not give up, he could stand a chance. What he does not know though (and that´s why underestimating is the wrong word), the guy in front of him is a truly new entity for him and something he has never seen and more importantly, experienced before. It´s not somebody he at his current level of skill can even dream of beating and that´s something Shioon should learn before going into part 3 (iirc, New Waves is supposed to end this year).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jizzman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, Ketsurou really knows his shit when it comes to acupuncture. Really impressive.

Even if it turns out that shioon is unable to break out from this thousand needle restriction, I'd still consider it as a win for him. He's now witnessed first hand the skills of someone from the highest echelons of murim. And we know that is a valuable addition to his meditative state. Only a matter of time before he climbs up to this level.

However, witnessing this grandmaster's skills kinda cast a doubt in my mind on whether 9arts is really the strongest murim (without BOT). The 10 grandmasters and 9arts aside, I have a bad feeling about kaiser. Anyone who is capable of making 9arts work for his organization and even manipulating him easily has got to have an ace up his sleeve should 9arts turn on him. I suspect he's hiding his real power for reasons unknown to us.
    Or maybe his real power is unavailable to him right now and he's simply bidding his time till he gets it back. He could've preserved the 3rd spirit medicine for himself and he could potentially be the strongest.

I know this is all conjecture but one thing's for sure though, kaiser is far stronger than he looks.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I already said a while back that Kaiser is, in my opinion, the "final boss" for the end of the third series. He is most definitely a lot more than he has appeared to be so far, because he not only has Chun Woo under his control, but now a fully healed Sosul as well.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member brold's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What could happen next chapter:

Grandmasters talk.

Shioon remembers the time he was held captive against his will.

Shioon moves, it hurts. Then he screams the 'Cry of The Phoenix.'

End chapter
    I might know the difference...maybe.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Shioon actually learned the Phoenix Cry. It was never made clear if that was one of Chun Woo's techniques, or one of GMR's nine arts.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think cry of the phoenix would be not just a cool move to do but an epic form of symbolism.

Reasons why:
    -----------------
    1.) Everyone believes Shioon is a puppet.
    2.) If he does cry of the phoenix it would awe everybody.
    3.) Sunwoo clan symbol is a phoenix so the cry of the phoenix to me would be
    epic symbolism to show the Sunwoo clan is coming back into power and that Shioon
    is not just a puppet.

What I want to see happen next chapter:
    -------------------------------------------------
    1.) Cry of the phoenix like everyone else.
    2.) Glasses guy say they Shioon is an official duel and Kwon rips of his limbs and says one
    of his badass lines.
    Last edited by EmpireRogue; July 03, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Cry of the phoenix (i hope this is an original sunwoo tech ) is an awesome move and also the glasses guy will again will sh*t on his pant for another dejavu moment hahaha he will say that i think i heard this before and gmr will pop in his mind hahahaha

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jizzman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireRogue View Post
    I think cry of the phoenix would be not just a cool move to do but an epic form of symbolism.
    I couldn't agree with you more. That'll be epic.

But one problem though, that move'll probly involve using Ki and shioon's ki is restricted right now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tamilin's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzman View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. That'll be epic.

But one problem though, that move'll probly involve using Ki and shioon's ki is restricted right now.
    was it ever said? Doc said thet it is imposible to move not to use ki, he could move when his ki center was crushed so I assume that he can use ki while beeing unable to move

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope he does use cry of the Phoenix been waiting for him to use this for a while. Also I wonder that after part 2 is done that in part 3 sosul will finally grow and not look like a child anymore after being healed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member neovenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well she already is healed and still looks like a loli. Maybe if there is a time skip between part 2 and 3, we might see her grow a bit more and not see her in that child-like body.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember for GMR cry of the phoenix was the introductory move into his BOT. I still can't imagine how BOT would be activated in Shioon though (emotionally speaking).

The artist drew the beginning of a mecha series in which the weakling hero looks exactly like Shioon and one of the primary love interests has Sosul's face except with a killer body. That's your "preview" haha.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast