Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How would you rate the chapter?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

10 40.00%
  • Great

12 48.00%
  • Neutral

3 12.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 122 Discussion

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 122 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    So the question is on the speed scans did the doctor just say that elder kwon is the fucker face that he remember when fighting shioon?
    Well, yeah... It DOES start to seem like Kwon is the one he has such unpleasant memories of, as he said a chap or two back...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2bst2d View Post
    http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/60/5/

Sera clearly says "strongest second-in-command" at the bottom of the page.
    mangacow specializes in speed scans and translations. A-team's translations are always more accurate.

I would believe Kwon to be the 2nd strongest of the top ten without surprise. I mean I can't see him being "3rd" strongest or something because then, the top "2" would be inhuman cuz they'd have to be even stronger than these two, which is pretty disturbing considering these two are like superman on steroids without kryptonite as a weakness....

my guess is number "1" of top ten is not TOO high in skills compared to shik and Kwon, i mean wow, i can't even imagine anyone higher than these two old fools...
    Last edited by bighawke5; June 28, 2013 at 01:07 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The only mistake that the doctor made was thinking Shioon is still a human being he is a mothef*cking dragon that can run wild and change the landscape hahahahahahahaha

Remember what hyuk said Shioon surpasses the human instinct and that equals to wild monster behavior

Either Shioon will get angry about the condition and goes in BOT, getting angry at the doctor and use cry of the phoenix because shioon is in so much pain right now or just stand there and speak that the doctor didnt win but him

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Well, yeah... It DOES start to seem like Kwon is the one he has such unpleasant memories of, as he said a chap or two back...
    just like I was saying in the 121 thread. PPL got fixated on the "disguting" keyword used in the speed scan/translation and thought he was talking about Unwol or something when it totally makes sense that it was Kwon. The two have history and understand that if they fight one may die....they know their inhuman strengths...

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

The only mistake that the doctor made was thinking Shioon is still a human being he is a mothef*cking dragon that can run wild and change the landscape hahahahahahahaha

Remember what hyuk said Shioon surpasses the human instinct and that equals to wild monster behavior

Either Shioon will get angry about the condition and goes in BOT, getting angry at the doctor and use cry of the phoenix because shioon is in so much pain right now or just stand there and speak that the doctor didnt win but him
    BOT IS COMING! look at how close to shioon Shik is! LOL he is in for a wake up call.

Also I say BOT not like most ppl who default to thinking "bot" whenever the situation looks slightly bad for shioon, BUT because Kwon and the Sunwhoo elders have yet to see it in action.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kwon did a mini NAD BOT level ground stump! hahahaha

So the conditions have been given: Hand over Shioon Gaju-nim or die!

Shioon still won the duel. He was still conscious and standing when Kwon arrived.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    That glasses guy is not only annoying … he is stupid.. I don't if his stupidity comes from his ignorance or arrogance …. Fuck man …annoying…

I was expecting sunwoo clan but didn't expect someone of his calibre to be here …. Seriouslysss you dumb ass … Who do u think u have kept captive… and didn't u have shiwoon captive to subdue Sunwoo … you bastard .. do you even have any idea in what deep shit you are…. How can he not expect sunwoo to come with full force when they are trying to hold their gaju captive ...

He is a guy who will think on his death bed … how did this even happen … “you got fucked..thats how
    LOLs your post had me laughing. You are right about glasses, he chooses to swim in denial rather than face reality. He'll probably see Shioon in BOT and poop his pants while denying the whole happening and backwards rationalizing...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

shioon will tell kwon not to interfere with his duel coz they still have few minutes left

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Kwon landed like Tony Stark with the iron man suit hahahah

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member neovenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2bst2d View Post
    http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/60/5/

Sera clearly says "strongest second-in-command" at the bottom of the page.
    Refer to the edit in my post above. The group who provided the speed scans back then sakicow and a-team who can be considered the quality scans have different translations. The group in question, sakicow who i believe morphed into mangacow the group that currently provides us with speed scans most likely made an error with their translation back then since they now seem state it as 2nd strongest of the grandmasters which can coincide with a-team's translation back then. Besides, the statemen is semantically confusing, "Strongest 2nd-in-command", strongest 2nd in command of what? the translation just doesn't sound right to me reading it. 2nd strongest makes more sense in my opinion.

--Edit--
    bighawke5 beat me to it.
    Last edited by neovenom; June 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    So Kwon did a mini NAD BOT level ground stump! hahahaha

So the conditions have been given: Hand over Shioon Gaju-nim or die!

Shioon still won the duel. He was still conscious and standing when Kwon arrived.
    Yea but Shik dont wanna admit defeat so he's gonna be stubborn. Kwon vs Shik is eminent....I just hope Shioon can control his BOT enough to get away and prevent Kwon from having to fight to the death...

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChickBoy View Post
    shioon will tell kwon not to interfere with his duel coz they still have few minutes left
    And then enter BOT and "survive" the rest of the minutes left, making him the winner lols I would like that path as well for the next chapters

this would also prevent the two elders from battling to their death and allow Kwon to see Shioon's BOT for the first time.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

2nd Strongest in command + common sense (we already know he is from sunwoo) the only strongest 2nd in command from Sunwoo clan

That means? He is the only the most powerful 2nd in command in all murim and 2nd in command means a vice head or su-munju like hyuk

If they change the translation like the most powerful vice head then its better

even the goth girl captain explained it that Elder Kwon can create his own clan but decides to remain in sunwoo and follow the gaju
    Last edited by kidopitz27; June 28, 2013 at 01:02 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im surprised sera thought going in and begging would work with an old stubborn fool like Shik...lol! I expected better tactical from her than keep cool....This situation gets nowhere if you keep cool because they have him as hostage aren't asking for ransom.

Shik also attacking Shioon in front of them didn't help matters so the "keep cool" formula was already thrown in hell as soon as that happened.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally I'd tell you guys to go with A-Team but in this case I strongly disagree. The phrase constantly used in regards to Kwon is "최강의 2인자". 최강 meaning "strongest", and 2인자 meaning "second-in-command" or "number 2". Both of these point towards the alternate translation - that Kwon is the strongest second-in-command. In other words, among all the second-in-commands in Murim, Kwon is without a doubt (in the minds of Murim) the strongest. Why is that? Because he's one of the 10 Great Masters of Murim and ludicrously powerful, strong enough to start a clan of his own. Even the former-former clan head of SunWoo considered Kwon to be stronger than him. Kwon is a second-in-command who is stronger than any other second-in-command of a clan, and even many clan heads. Hence, the strongest second-in-command.

Back when the whole "최강의 2인자" thing was mentioned, I was unsure if it meant that Kwon was the second-strongest, or if he was the strongest second-in-command. But while the story has given us MORE THAN FUCKING AMPLE PROOF of the former, by explicitly noting what I repeated above, it has given NO GODDAMN PROOF that he is in any way the second strongest person in Murim. Sure, there is no denying that he is a fucking badass. But that alone does not make him the second-strongest.

For additional proof? Let's take a look at what random government dude says in the second last page.

"설마, 무림 10대 고수 중 최강의 2인자?"

Which translates into...

"Could it be, the 최강의 2인자 from (of / among) the 10 Grand Masters of Murim?"

Now, if Kwon's epithet of 최강의 2인자 meant second strongest in Murim, WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY FEEL THE NEED TO MENTION HIS INCLUSION IN THE 10 GRAND MASTERS? Hell, ask yourself WHY THEY'D EVEN NEED TO MENTION "최강" AT ALL, THEN. Simply stating that he is the number 2 among them would be MORE THAN ENOUGH PROOF.

I am fucking sick of this constantly getting bandied about.

Quote Originally Posted by jacoobus View Post
    I don't think we can call anything that is said in a speed scan like that "official" it gives us an idea of exactly what they're saying but specifics are often misinterperted. I remember Kwon being addressed similarly before and it wasn't that he was the 2nd strongest but rather the strongest second. He is the only one of the ten Grandmasters who is not the head of his own organization. It wouldn't make sense for the authors to start ranking grandmasters at this point imo as it only limits possibilities.
    THANK YOU FOR BEING A PERSON OF COMMON SENSE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

EDIT:

2nd Strongest in command + common sense (we already know he is from sunwoo) the only strongest 2nd in command from Sunwoo clan

That means? He is the only the most powerful 2nd in command in all murim and 2nd in command means a vice head or su-munju like hyuk

even the goth girl captain explained it that Elder Kwon can create his own clan but decides to remain in sunwoo and follow the gaju
    I LOVE YOU TOO YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD.
    Last edited by ChaoticKen; June 28, 2013 at 01:33 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neovenom View Post
    Refer to the edit in my post above. The group who provided the speed scans back then sakicow and a-team who can be considered the quality scans have different translations. The group in question, sakicow who i believe morphed into mangacow the group that currently provides us with speed scans most likely made an error with their translation back then since they now seem state it as 2nd strongest of the grandmasters which can coincide with a-team's translation back then. Besides, the statemen is semantically confusing, "Strongest 2nd-in-command", strongest 2nd in command of what? the translation just doesn't sound right to me reading it. 2nd strongest makes more sense in my opinion.

--Edit--
    bighawke5 beat me to it.
    I have read the a-team translations too and while they use 2nd strongest rather than second in command it is clear they are being used in the same way. Sera says "He's the second strongest and one of the grandmasters right?" then, "Did you know? as the second strongest he's the only one to keep his seat as one of the grandmasters." The way that is phrased doesn't imply any sort of ranking among the grandmasters to me but rather an ascertion that he is the only one of the grandmasters who doesn't lead his own murim faction.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member neovenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So you rather believe that the translation of the speed scan 62 chapters ago is more accurate than the translation of the group who has been consistently releasing quality scans since breaker part 1? furthermore the same group who released the speed scan 62 chapters ago indirectly retracted their translation by releasing a different translation of the same statement in this speed scan for the current chapter, yet you still believe that strongest 2nd in command makes the most sense as a translation?

@bighawk5
    Sera and the Sunwoo clan had no idea in what condition shioon was in. For all they knew he was already locked up in a cell somewhere so her original intention was to go in and negotiate instead of destroying everyone in sight. The last thing in her mind was that Shioon being the wild card that he always is was fighting non-stop since he made that phone call avoiding capture. Her advice still was good telling kwon to keep his cool and since going in gunz blazing would deteriorate the situation and they would have less chances of retrieving Shioon. Of course this is all before finding out that Shioon was down there dueling with one of the top 10 grandmasters.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jacoobus View Post
    I have read the a-team translations too and while they use 2nd strongest rather than second in command it is clear they are being used in the same way. Sera says "He's the second strongest and one of the grandmasters right?" then, "Did you know? as the second strongest he's the only one to keep his seat as one of the grandmasters." The way that is phrased doesn't imply any sort of ranking among the grandmasters to me but rather an ascertion that he is the only one of the grandmasters who doesn't lead his own murim faction.
    It's ha-il talking and not sera and we are just arguing semantics here. In my understanding of the english language, saying that someone is the 2nd strongest would automatically make it a hierarchy situation. Also, if you go back a chapter in chapter 59 with A-team's translation you'll see that the elder of chundomoon clearly states he is the 2nd strongest in murim. So taking that statement into account, you can conclude that kwon, being the 2nd strongest in murim and the 10 grandmasters are the 10 strongest in the murim then kwon is 2nd strongest of the 10 grandmasters. Since it's a translation issue there's no garauntee that i'm correct and i don't know korean to support my interpretation of the statement in question but it in my opinion A-team's is more accurate.
    Last edited by neovenom; June 28, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast