Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official dissapointment in Madara, Obito & the entire war arc thread <3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official dissapointment in madara, obito & the entire war arc thread

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    well at least the arc is now moving forward, woohoo!
    Honestly i am happy with the way this arc is going now

kind of ironic that i made this thread, but this arc has been a pleasant surprise lately

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one disappointed lately?

I use to love and look forward to Naruto every week. When I look back I realize the same arc has been going on for years. Now we have Gai Sensei going up vs Madara.
    You know one thing I know is NOT going to happen in Naruto? Madara getting taken out by Gai Sensei.
    I feel like the author is wasting time on these fights and drawing the series out.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official dissapointment in Madara, Obito & the entire war arc thread

well honestly i have changed my tune

i actually like both the current anime episodes (the canon stuff) and the current manga chapters

the war was VERY slow starting, however this current stuff is both compelling and entertaining, i am liking what naruto is bringing in both the anime and the manga lately

however depending on the end, i still think the war arc is overall a failure

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I the only one disappointed lately?

Quote Originally Posted by catagon87 View Post
    I use to love and look forward to Naruto every week. When I look back I realize the same arc has been going on for years. Now we have Gai Sensei going up vs Madara.
    You know one thing I know is NOT going to happen in Naruto? Madara getting taken out by Gai Sensei.
    I feel like the author is wasting time on these fights and drawing the series out.
    You do realize that Naruto and Sasuke both need some time, and some one has to keep Madara occupied for some time (Untill Both Naruto and Sasuke are up and running) , SO Kishi is doing a sensable thing by drawing a fight where a Taijutsu beast is fighting with some one who can only be harmed either by Taijutsu or Senjutsu. At least that is a logical thing

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Madara weakness is Senjutsu and Taijutsu, isn't Gai weakness is everything ? Meaning Gai has no advantage and should be dealt with by one attack.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    If Madara weakness is Senjutsu and Taijutsu, isn't Gai weakness is everything ? Meaning Gai has no advantage and should be dealt with by one attack.
    its plot induced stupidity. if madara used shrina tensei like the one pain used on konoha would kill everyone left in the army

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well every one's weakness is every thing (except Obito and Madara) every one who may be hit by any Ninjutsu attack would take damage, but Madara has the luxury of effectively nullifying every ninjutsu attacks.
    In that case attacking him with ninjutsu won't force him to act / defend or hold him for a while.
    In case of Senjutsu and Taijutsu, these attacks are the only ones that may force him to either defend or dodge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing Madara getting beaten up was so good. Not on par with Obito yet, but still good nonetheless.

...But then Kishimoto had to fuck it all up with Madara's ridiculous, cringe-worthy "taunting".

As far as talking goes, no no, as far as character goes, Madara is the king of donkeyshit now. Naruto and Obito don't even come close anymore. What Madara says make those two look like rocket scientists. As if being the biggest loser wasn't enough? I was kind of relieved to see Naruto waking up, that means we're gonna read more of his jabbering than the macabre mouth diarrhea of that toiletbrush-for-hair imbecile. It also means that a certain Rasengan will shut his gob for good soon.

I mean Madara said loads of stupid crap before, but today was the last straw...When I read it I was like this:

Serious business right here. I'm really looking forward in seeing that despicable lunatic getting obliterated for good.
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; March 19, 2014 at 12:03 PM.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

madara realizes that gai will die at the end of the 8th gate technique, so hes probably just enjoying the thrill of this battle while it lasts

the guy is just bored people , lets face it

he limped around stuck to the mazo with this umbilical chord thingy for the last several years of his life and now hes like a kid in a candy store

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    madara realizes that gai will die at the end of the 8th gate technique, so hes probably just enjoying the thrill of this battle while it lasts

the guy is just bored people , lets face it

he limped around stuck to the mazo with this umbilical chord thingy for the last several years of his life and now hes like a kid in a candy store
    This is exactly the problem.

This chapter is Madara in a nutshell. He actually starts analyzing Gai after getting beaten up, shows that he takes his opponent seriously. Finally some tactical thinking is brought back to Naruto. Then he also utters these words: If I'd get hit by 4 or 5 more of those, I'd be in trouble. Danger assessment, great. Madara was finally showing weakness, everything is fine and dandy, we FINALLY get a breath of fresh air, but then...The usual, well-established childish behavior of Madara surfaces AGAIN. It's not funny, it's not threatening, it's awful and annoying. Madara acted much more focused before he got into this powerup crap, and even though his intellect was of almost no difference, it still was better than this.

This is the guy who gave us the infamous RAEPFACE(tm). He also literally took his freshly restored body, after having an orgasm, and almost DIED immediately afterwards against the Bijuus. What the hell is wrong with this bellend?...How can anyone take him seriously or count as a good addition to the character cast for that matter? Beyond me.

This guy is just pointless. If it wasn't for Kabuto, none of this ChildishMadara junk would take place...Obito's fight felt rushed, while Madara gets dragged on and on...May I ask why? The hell did he do, other than get lucky? Every chapter literally feels like it starts and ends on the same note when he's involved.

Imagine Emperor Palpatine or Darth Vader acting like Madara. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; March 19, 2014 at 06:39 PM.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Madara is being portrayed as BIG BAD, who is strong enough to take down any foe, even Bijjus. He is being reckless due to the amount of power he holds, he thinks that he is invincible (Same thing happened to Aizen in Bleach).
    But i do agree with the thought that This over confidence is kinda ruining his character (Same Aizen thing again from Bleach), but then again this is the end of the manga and time for main characters to shine so their last obstacle should be the most toughest, and that's what Madara is right now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Tobi should have been some other caracter becouse they kinda ruined Obito .And also new caracters should have been introuduced not just revisting old ones example hokages.There backstory should have been portrayed in a spinn off series and some flashbacks from other people.And there were too many Edo tensei zombies also if there were new caracters maybe not that bad but akatsuki all agin.There should bee more about the war through the eyes of oridinary ninja, and more development of caracters like in part 1 .And Madara he was intruduced badly as he is continuisly developing like that i mean in the War arc . He is this supershinobi who's chakra more evil and dark than the nine tailed one is.Plus he amplified him self with rinnengan and Hashirama cells and Kabuto amplified him too.Maybe my expetactons were too big for both Madara and Kabuto(who also gets defeted too fast),and Itachi(who should go one on one with Madara ).

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official dissapointment in Madara, Obito & the entire war arc thread <3

The last few weeks of Naruto have got me pondering something. Which is better this Naruto's War Arc or Sharknado?

It obviously lacks the solid characterization and tonal consistency of the likes of Sharknado but is it really worse? Naruto has always been about a Leeroy Jenkins hero suffering from frequent aesops amnesia in a world of protag centered morality, but we knew this going into this arc and on the whole that's really not so bad. I may have hoped it would break this habits one day but before this arc I lived somewhat comfortably with it.

This arc has taken things to the next level...in bad way.

First there are the Plot Tumors. Plot points that grew too big too fast and crowded out other important parts of the series. The big ones are obviously the Uchiha and the Rikoudou. But in a way all of the side fights in this war are examples of this. Small things that grew larger than they needed to and crowded out things that might have made the story flow better. Character development for example.

Then there were the Broken Aesops. Moral lessons of the earlier arcs that were invalidated by other parts of the series. Hard work overcomes. The creation of ones own destiny. New generation surpassing the old (Madara laughs at that one). Even the revenge leads to the dark side thing is in contradiction to Shikimaru earlier taking revenge on Hidan and no one suffering any consequences. Are there any enact aesops even left?

Sharknado on the other hand was designed to be a bad movie about a tornado of sharks. It had an objective and it nailed it, and it never pretended to be aiming any higher. So it really becomes a question of what's worse, something that pretends to try or something that doesn't pretend and just laughs itself. My conclusion is that there is a clear winner...and it's not this arc.

---------- Post added April 24, 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was April 23, 2014 at 10:39 PM ----------

Still better than Sharktopus though...

Spoiler: For now... show
    Last edited by Jammin; July 30, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    Well Madara is being portrayed as BIG BAD, who is strong enough to take down any foe, even Bijjus. He is being reckless due to the amount of power he holds, he thinks that he is invincible (Same thing happened to Aizen in Bleach).
    But i do agree with the thought that This over confidence is kinda ruining his character (Same Aizen thing again from Bleach), but then again this is the end of the manga and time for main characters to shine so their last obstacle should be the most toughest, and that's what Madara is right now.
    After reading this week's chapter, I think we all know that Madara got to enjoy the fight while being nowhere near in danger as everyone initially has thought.

He's probably like, man, Gai, I'll just let you kill yourself.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    After reading this week's chapter, I think we all know that Madara got to enjoy the fight while being nowhere near in danger as everyone initially has thought.

He's probably like, man, Gai, I'll just let you kill yourself.
    nah he loved every minute of it, and he intentionally didnt use ninjutsu because he wanted to challenge himself, and see if he could go toe to toe with the greatest taijutsu master of all time

it wouldnt have been fun just to blast him with black orbs

ill say it again, madara spend 40+ years or some bullshit stuck to the gedo mazo like an umbilical cord

the dude was dying of boredom

New Reply
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast