Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Official dissapointment in Madara, Obito & the entire war arc thread <3

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BL-Tomoe's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official dissapointment in Madara, Obito & the entire war arc thread <3

Well in his point of view Madara never was the "big bad" to begin with...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What's disappointing? Anything that happened within the last twelve months.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bradhimself's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    How would have you liked it to play out?
    You can't end a good party without someone on the floor.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

honestly i had some hopes that kishi may turn this thing around when madara was resurrected , but things have gone back downhill lately...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Whole War is Pointless

Thinking back. Obito would have been much better off if he had simply done nothing.
    Number one being his actions to save Sasuke and implant Itachi's eyes.
    Sasuke ultimately served no purpose but to be an enemy to him. Contributing virtually nothing to Akatsuki aside from some of Gyuki's chakra from the tentacle.

Secondly declaring war was ungodly stupid. If he had done neither of these things. This is how i see things playing out.

Firstly Kisame would have been sent to get Bee. I am quite confident Kisame would have captured him given how their fight played out. Even in full Bijuu mode.
    With Bee truly captured. The kage meeting without the interuption would have ended up with no alliance ever forming. A would have continued his rash actions and with Danzo's manipulation they never would have agreed. And with Danzo surviving. He would have fought Tsunade tooth and nail to remain hokage after she woke up which would have caused inner conflict in the village.
    Capturing Naruto would have been a simple matter of putting Naruto and Kurama under sharingan genjutsu and keeping them in his Kamui dimension just as he did with Fuu and Torune till he was ready to extract.
    Mind you this does not factor Kabuto or Black Zetsu but it still shows how much easier things would have been in maintaining the divide of the villages instead of bringing them together against Akatsuki.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

War Arc

I know it's popular to rip on this series since the time skip...but I think it has to be said, this arc has just been insanely long and poorly written.

I just looked at when it started. Officially, "War Begins" in 515, 171 chapters ago. And it's just dragged for 3 freaking years now! And it's just so poorly plotted and random. Obito is the bad guy..no wait, maybe Madera is really the bad guy! Actually wait, some character we just introduced who hasn't existed before, she is the main bad guy(girl?). Oh, and all that training? Forget it, let's just give Naruto and Sasuke random power-ups!

If you go back to the first 171 chapters, you have:

1) Intro Arc
    2) Zabuza
    3) Chunin Exam (and this could probably be split into 2, with Naruto training a mini-arc, and the war/end of the exam being a separate arc)
    4) Find Tsunade (which basically ended in 172, so this is a perfect place to cut off!)

The previous 171 chapters we've had...one incredibly long war. Just way better pacing and more interesting story ideas in the past. I half expect the moon to be revealed as the real bad guy! Followed by God coming and revealing that the moon was all just a pawn in his plan (but the moon gives Naruto and Sasuke a special technique that can totally defeat God. Except jokes on all of them, because God was just being used by...I don't know...a frog or something?)

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this manga has been amazing over the past few chapters, i still think that overall the war arc has been a failure, but its not too late for kishi to pull this one out of his ass, he is afterall the king of all asspull

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaguya has still zero personality, so aside from the harem no jutsu and a return to parallels, little seems to have changed.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, even HxH and Fairy Tail are better than Naruto, and they're pretty much crap, while the latter is full of fan service. The war arc has been done so incorrectly and seemingly aimed at kids with very few gory moments. Like, people say Obito going berserk on the Amegekure shinobi was gory, but I don't see it. All we saw was blood on Obito's face and a pool on the ground....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    At this point, even HxH and Fairy Tail are better than Naruto, and they're pretty much crap, while the latter is full of fan service. The war arc has been done so incorrectly and seemingly aimed at kids with very few gory moments. Like, people say Obito going berserk on the Amegekure shinobi was gory, but I don't see it. All we saw was blood on Obito's face and a pool on the ground....
    dude hxh is the best manga out there right now, every week is fucking amazing in the dark continent arc

i will agree that naruto is no longer the top dog, but kishi has shown us some promise since sasuke was warped to that other dimension, i have been enjoying naruto thouroughly since then

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

M3J

Why would you call HxH crap? I can only think of art and breaks as a reason. It is going on pretty well IMO.....

The main reason for disappointment is the number of times the main villain of the series has changed... With Naruto in the center of things, here is the number of times we have seen the villain change:

Orochimaru
    Akatsuki
    Pein
    Madara-tobi
    Kabuto
    Obito
    Madara
    Kaguya

The entire concept of Madara was unnecessary. He was introduced after the timeskip and given a demonic status... it could just have been orochimaru all the way or Sasuke consumed by him, as we picturized it would be.
    We were all lead to believe saving Sasuke would be the arc, but that didnt happen, Sasuke had a change of heart without Naruto's intervention.

Even if Madara was going to be the main villain, there was never a need to introduce Pein, and once he was introduced and Rinnegan became a thing, he made it an Uchiha thing and so on...
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Because it is crap.

Main villain changing doesn't really disappoint me, but how the war was handled does. I hate the fact that it turned into a cheesy thing where majority of the people that Naruto knows survived with barely a fatal wound. The war as it was portrayed was different from the war that actually happened. Like, despite Kishi saying shitloads of shinobi died, it doesn't matter.

Pain being introduced was great though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This "war" is lasting for far, FAR too long than it should have. Nothing is worth looking forward to.

And why exactly is it called war?? All I'm seeing is two guys going against one single enemy, and sometimes there are canon fodder scenes.

War is fucking horrible. Just yesterday I was watching what was happening in Ukraine and Gaza, it's truly sickening and horrific. But in Naruto, it's poppy fields, rainbows and unicorns.

Look, I understand that this is a comic book, but then why the fuck do you bother introducing something you cannot write correctly?

Really, what this looks to me is some kind of a "who has the biggest jutsu" showcase. In fact, doing something like a tournament to save Narutoworld would make more sense than this crap, aka Mortal Kombat. It might sound cheesy, but not as cheesy as this for sure.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Because it is crap.

Main villain changing doesn't really disappoint me, but how the war was handled does. I hate the fact that it turned into a cheesy thing where majority of the people that Naruto knows survived with barely a fatal wound. The war as it was portrayed was different from the war that actually happened. Like, despite Kishi saying shitloads of shinobi died, it doesn't matter.

Pain being introduced was great though.
    overall the war arc has been bad, i am hoping this momentum of the past 5 or 10 chapters carries over until the end of the manga

the war arc has had some good moments, but overall it has been a failure

i agree with ichallengeyou! it has lasted way too long

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It lasting too long isn't the issue though, it's the quality of the arc that makes it horrendous.

New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast