Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 505

Thread: How strong is Byakuya?

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    How strong is Byakuya?

    Byakuya = A noble, a phenomenal talent, great at Zanjustsu, proficient at Kido, has exceptionally strong reiatsu even for a captain, versatile to deal with many battle situations, quick, intelligent, formulates battle strategies & adapts to situations on a fly (evident by Tsukishima's battle), fully committed to what he does, leader of one of the 4 great nobles, the Kuchiki's, rumoured as the strongest noble that ever came out of the Kuchiki's, elegant & has perfect control over his zanpakuto's abilities (A rather convenient & versatile zanpakuto at that, A zanpakuto that complements his exact style).

    In the gotei 13 captain list, the only ones I could confidently rank above him is Aizen & Yamamoto. Everyone else either remains on his wave length or are below him.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Byakuya = A noble, a phenomenal talent, great at Zanjustsu, proficient at Kido, has exceptionally strong reiatsu even for a captain, versatile to deal with many battle situations, quick, intelligent, formulates battle strategies & adapts to situations on a fly (evident by Tsukishima's battle), fully committed to what he does, leader of one of the 4 great nobles, the Kuchiki's, rumoured as the strongest noble that ever came out of the Kuchiki's, elegant & has perfect control over his zanpakuto's abilities (A rather convenient & versatile zanpakuto at that, A zanpakuto that complements his exact style).

    In the gotei 13 captain list, the only ones I could confidently rank above him is Aizen & Yamamoto. Everyone else either remains on his wave length or are below him.
    You really are going to rank Byakuya ahead of, Unohana, Kyouraku, Ukitake, (the Vizard captains) and Kenpachi?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    You really are going to rank Byakuya ahead of, Unohana, Kyouraku, Ukitake, (the Vizard captains) and Kenpachi?
    Unohana = An excellent master of the Zanjutsu arts who had learned thousands of different style in the things of the sword, proficient at Kido in possession of a dangerous zanpakuto which almost burned Zaraki to ash but thanks to her proficiency at kido, Zaraki lived (as it was intended to be). No part of these implies superiority over Byakuya at all.

    Zaraki = A fighter whom surpassed Unohana at fighting with the sword, captain level reiatsu but still lacks the fundamental arts of the shinigami. He can't combat a fast, tactful, intellectual fighter like Byakuya whom has a deathly millions of fast moving blades to grind his opponents. Can he defeat Byakuya in a sword fight? Yeah certainly however Byakuya can & will rely on his versatility & speed to get him victory (Unless you think shunpo-less Zaraki can match Ichigo's bankai speed which is silly, Zaraki is absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya).

    Kyouraku = A master tactical & a trickster who gets the job done using whatever methods whether they be dishonourable or not. Could defeat Byakuya however it doesn't mean he is stronger than him. Shunsui is the sort of man that can defeat stronger opponents than himself due to his ability (I must have talked about what decides a battle several times now).

    Ukitake = Certainly isn't in the same wavelength as Byakuya based on feats. Not even close! He has a shikai which can reflect energy hence Yama's fire had to have been rendered useless against his shikai but Byakuya can overwhelm him with millions of blades in all direction combined with his proficiency at Kido & excellence in combat. Truth be told Ukitake is overall the least impressive captain.

    Vizard captains = Great performers & with control over their mask, they were granted greater boost in power. Trained for 100 years. Although they still haven't performed what would put them over a captain like Byakuya.

    Ultimately, different individuals possess different fighting style & different fighting styles result in a different approach to battle. The other captains had performed excellently at their own individual talents.
    Last edited by Kay3795; June 21, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Byakuya is everything a captain should strive to be, but he definitely isn't one of the top dogs. He is the strongest of the new generation of captains probably; Soifon, Hitsugaya, Mayuri, and probably Komamura as well. I'd like to assume both Gin and Tousen were somewhat near his wavelength. The Visored Captians may be somewhere near him as well. Everyone else that's left is probably above him though.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #5
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Unohana = An excellent master of the Zanjutsu arts who had learned thousands of different style in the things of the sword, proficient at Kido in possession of a dangerous zanpakuto which almost burned Zaraki to ash but thanks to her proficiency at kido, Zaraki lived (as it was intended to be). No part of these implies superiority over Byakuya at all.

    Kyouraku = A master tactical & a trickster who gets the job done using whatever methods whether they be dishonourable or not. Could defeat Byakuya however it doesn't mean he is stronger than him. Shunsui is the sort of man that can defeat stronger opponents than himself due to his ability (I must have talked about what decides a battle several times now).

    Ukitake = Certainly isn't in the same wave length as Byakuya based on feats. Not even close! He has a shikai which can reflect energy hence Yama's fire had to have been rendered useless against his shikai but Byakuya can overwhelm him with millions of blades in all direction combined with his proficiency at Kido & excellence in combat. Truth be told Ukitake is overall the least impressive captain.
    What greater feats does Byakuya have over Kyouraku, Ukitake and Unohana?

    Quote Quote:
    Zaraki = A fighter whom surpassed Unohana at fighting with the sword, captain level reiatsu but still lacks the fundamental arts of the shinigami. He can't combat a fast, tactful, intellectual fighter like Byakuya whom has a deathly millions of fast moving blades to grind his opponents. Can he defeat Byakuya in a sword fight? Yeah certainly however Byakuya can & will rely on his versatility & speed to get him victory (Unless you think shunpo-less Zaraki can match Ichigo's bankai speed which is silly, Zaraki is absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya).
    Are you implying that Byakuya can match the Speed of Bankai Ichigo?

    I understand how you could say Byakuya has "More" feats than most of these characters, considering how little screen time theyve gotten compared to him but in no way are those feats much more impressive than what these guys have done.

    The fact that you say he is stronger than Kyouraku and Unohana of all people is making this very silly.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    What greater feats does Byakuya have over Kyouraku, Ukitake and Unohana?



    Are you implying that Byakuya can match the Speed of Bankai Ichigo?

    I understand how you could say Byakuya has "More" feats than most of these characters, considering how little screen time theyve gotten compared to him but in no way are those feats much more impressive than what these guys have done.

    The fact that you say he is stronger than Kyouraku and Unohana of all people is making this very silly.
    .Read it again because you never got what was actually be said.

    ."Are you implying that Byakuya can match the Speed of Bankai Ichigo?" No I said "however Byakuya can & will rely on his versatility & speed to get him victory (Unless you think shunpo-less Zaraki can match Ichigo's bankai speed which is silly, Zaraki is absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya)."

    Ichigo dodged Byakuya's moveset, his senbonzakura with his extreme speed. Zaraki can't do that, he is a close range zanjustu only fighter, who lacks the fundamentals arts such as shunpo hence he is "absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya".

    .You need to look back at those feats then.

    .Read things again, be patience & know what you are replying to before replying. Never put words in anybody's mouth. I said the performance of the other captains with the exception of Yama & Aizen doesn't imply any form of superiority to Byakuya, I didn't say "he is stronger than Kyouraku and Unohana".

  12. #7
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    .Read it again because you never got what was actually be said.

    ."Are you implying that Byakuya can match the Speed of Bankai Ichigo?" No I said "however Byakuya can & will rely on his versatility & speed to get him victory (Unless you think shunpo-less Zaraki can match Ichigo's bankai speed which is silly, Zaraki is absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya)."

    Ichigo dodged Byakuya's moveset, his senbonzakura with his extreme speed. Zaraki can't do that, he is a close range zanjustu only fighter, who lacks the fundamentals arts such as shunpo hence he is "absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya".

    .You need to look back at those feats then.

    .Read things again, be patience & know what you are replying to before replying. Never put words in anybody's mouth. I said the performance of the other captains with the exception of Yama & Aizen doesn't imply any form of superiority to Byakuya, I didn't say "he is stronger than Kyouraku and Unohana".



    You didn't say it but you implied it which is just silly. Byakuya being weaker than both of them is common sense. Also lol at Buyakuya having better feats. He beats Renji(real impressive), draws with ichigo on the hill which isn't anything to write home about considering we just found out Ichigo had his power suppressed this whole time. He beats Zommari who suffered from PIS and tag-teaming Yammy with Zaraki. His only legitimate feat to me is beating the fullbringer.

  13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #8
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    .Read it again because you never got what was actually be said.

    ."Are you implying that Byakuya can match the Speed of Bankai Ichigo?" No I said "however Byakuya can & will rely on his versatility & speed to get him victory (Unless you think shunpo-less Zaraki can match Ichigo's bankai speed which is silly, Zaraki is absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya)."
    Its not that i didnt read its that you yourself do not understand what you are saying. The bolded bit and underlined is basically saying that Byakuya is on par with Bankai Ichigo in speed and if Zaraki cannot match that then he is at a disadvantage. Am i missing something?

    Quote Quote:
    Ichigo dodged Byakuya's moveset, his senbonzakura with his extreme speed. Zaraki can't do that, he is a close range zanjustu only fighter, who lacks the fundamentals arts such as shunpo hence he is "absolutely disadvantaged to fight Byakuya".
    Zaraki has taken heavier hits and remained standing. The moment he gets near Byakuya, Byakuya will probably end up dying. And when it comes to speed, He is no slouch, ofcourse he isnt as fast as Byakuya etc but Speed will not be that big of a factor if these two were to clash.


    Quote Quote:
    .You need to look back at those feats then.
    Byakuyas feats pale in comparison to Kyouraku, Kenpachi and Unohana. You could possibly add Ukitake due to common sense. Througout, he has fought opponents weaker than the guys i just mentioned.

    Quote Quote:
    .Read things again, be patience & know what you are replying to before replying. Never put words in anybody's mouth. I said the performance of the other captains with the exception of Yama & Aizen doesn't imply any form of superiority to Byakuya, I didn't say "he is stronger than Kyouraku and Unohana".
    Thats the weird part, how did you come to that conclusion? Byakuya has not done anything more impressive than Kyouraku, Unohana, Kenpachi, Isshin, Urahara etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    What defines the strongest Shinigami? Pure reiatsu alone? That's bland. I'm going to rank them on various categories.
    Pure reiatsu:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin/Ichigo est. 2x that of a captain.
    Tier 2: Vaizado captains with a mask, captain level + massive, albeit temporary boost.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Yoruichi nobles born naturally gifted. Maybe Zaraki but his reiatsu is vague.
    Tier 4: The rest.
    How in Gods name you came to the conclusion that Yoroichi has the same Reiatsu as Byakuya is beyond me, let alone grouping Byakuya in the same Tier as Zaraki... of all people.

    Your Pure Reiatsu list is completely false.

    Quote Quote:
    Overall Shinigami mastery:
    Tier 1: Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin.
    Tier 2: Byakuya/Yoruichi + Soifon (? confirmed tier 1 in Shunpo/Hakuda and Shunko involves Kido so there's that).
    Tier 3: Assumed Gin/"senior captains".
    Tier 4: The rest.
    Again, where do you get this idea that Byakuya is an overall better Master of the Shinigami arts than the rest of the Captains? Even Soi fon?

    The fact that you confidently put Byakuya and Soi fon above the Senior captains is just... Silly.

    Quote Quote:
    Zanjutsu:
    Tier 1: Zaraki, he could beat up like 90% of the cast in a sword fight.
    Tier 2: Unohana, same.
    Tier 3: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin
    Tier 4: Ichigo/Byakuya/Ikkaku/Shunsui + Ukitake/Gin/Shinji.
    Tier 5: High ranked 11th division members.
    Tier 6: The rest.
    You cannot put Byakuya in the same tier in Zanjutsu as pure swordsmen... I mean seriously, do any of you actually watch Byakuya when he fights?

    Its like saying Yumichika is an excellent swordsman... Thats just plain wrong.

    Quote Quote:
    Shunpo:
    Tier 1: Soifon + Yoruichi/Ichigo.
    Tier 2: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Urahara/Komamura/Vaizados.
    Tier 4: The rest.
    Again, your tiers just get messed up as you go along. Kyouraku has proved to have better Shunpo than Byakuya and yet you put him with the "rest"

    Hell, you even put Komamura in there...

    Quote Quote:
    Kido:
    Tier 1: Tessai/Hachigen.
    Tier 2: Aizen/Yamamoto/Isshin.
    Tier 3: Byakuya/Unohana/Urahara/Soifon + Yoruichi (shunko)/Kido corps/4th squad members/Tousen.
    Tier 4: The rest.
    Again, where do you get the impression that Byakuya is on the same league as Unohana or Urahara? From looking at Uraharas Kido feats, Byakuya looks like an amateur.

    Or that Isshin is very good at Kido? Where did you get this?

    Quote Quote:
    Intellect:
    Tier 1: Urahara.
    Tier 2: Aizen/Mayuri.
    Tier 3: Yamamoto/Gin/Unohana/Byakuya/Tousen/Shunsui/Ukitake/Hitsugaya/Ichigo/Isshin.
    Tier 4: The rest.
    Are you being serious? Your tiers are an insult to common sense.
    Last edited by jaymizzo; June 22, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  15. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #9
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    As for Yamamoto, he showed his physical strength, his hand to hand combat skills were not very impressive.
    You lost all credibility after this. Its getting very silly now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-25.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-17.html
    And several other pages where Byakuya's reiatsu can be felt far away. But since you are so obsessed with dpwngrading Byakuya maybe you could provide similar examples but with other captains?
    And those panels have nothing to do with how strong his reiatsu is as opposed to other captains.
    Last edited by jaymizzo; June 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #10
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    I'm going to reply to this post first before I reply to the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    You lost all credibility after this. Its getting very silly now.
    That is far beyond you to say. See it for yourself, chapter 394, Yamamoto barely does anything and it's nowhere in the same level as Soifon + Yoruichi. I'm ranking them on specific categories here, don't bring strength where it doesn't belong. Yamamoto killed an Espada worthy Arrancar with his fists, that's awesome, but punching barely qualifies on the same level as the martial arts masters.

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    And those panels have nothing to do with how strong his reiatsu is as opposed to other captains.
    You cannot be serious. The evidence is there, but if you insist on telling me that's not strong compared to other captains, then show me others that can do the same or more, excluding Aizen and Yamamoto.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  19. #11
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    This list is an estimation based on manga facts.
    I'm chuckling as I read this, your 'facts' are far short of what you suggest they are.

    Quote Quote:
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-25.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-17.html
    And several other pages where Byakuya's reiatsu can be felt far away. But since you are so obsessed with dpwngrading Byakuya maybe you could provide similar examples but with other captains?
    That's the strength of a captain's reiatsu. That's it. You're making it seem as though overpowering aura is something beyond what is expected of a captain.

    Quote Quote:
    Byakuya takes his position very seriously and strives for perfection. He's not just going to leave his skills low. He had Yoruichi as a mentor and was seen using one of her techniques so the idea that he learned more from her is not farfetched at all. As for Yamamoto, he showed his physical strength, his hand to hand combat skills were not very impressive.
    So, because Byakuya works hard, he's a 'master of the shinigami arts' that exceeds the abilities of other captains; do you realise how ridiculous you sound. Attributing Yuroichi's feats to Byakuya because she taught him a few things is pointless. So his obliteration of WW is what? He has shown ability far beyond the others you attempted to rank him alongside.

    Quote Quote:
    According to what they have shown. You're going ahead and saying that Yamamoto is above everybody else at everything even though most of his time fighting he relied on brute force alone. I put him at the top of pure reiatsu and deadliness because that's where he belongs. He used a level 96 spell? Nice but where is a level 99 and time/space spells? He killed WW with his fists? Nice, but where's the martial arts and varied shit that Soifon and Yoruichi used in their fight? He didn't even crossed swords with anybody, because that alone would incinerate most people. His speed was greater than Shunsui and Ukitake so there's a start, but it wasn't enough to make Aizen or Royd flinch, while Ichigo, Soifon and Yoruichi can make clones with speed, and catch Aizen with his pants down, and that's nearly impossible to do. Urahara, Aizen and Mayuri are smarter. Aizen has a more h4x3d power.
    This rant is mostly irrelevant. The comment you're replying to was specific to the Hakuda category; the others he was tiered with have nothing that compares to Yamamoto on this front.

    Quote Quote:
    Because Ikkaku is a damn good swordsman and remains the most varied one. He can fight with both sword and sheathe, switch hands, change is strategy in a second, use his nunchaku spear in many different ways, all in one fight. It's a lot more than anybody has ever shown, I just put him there because he's not very strong.
    Seriously? You're actually going to stand by the assertion that Ikkaku is as competent a Zanjutsu user as Byakuya, Gin, Shunsui, Ichigo, and Ukitake. Just ridiculous. And you're support is that he can switch hands and utilise his spear in different ways? I'm confused as to whether I'm meant to take this seriously.

    Quote Quote:
    I have to make this clear, because so far you've been reading my posts with a different idea in mind. This is a ranking based on specific categories. Don't bring raw strength or speed or whatever, I'm talking about Zanjutsu alone. The squad 11 only knows how to do that, and every time they train and fight is with it in mind. Just because somebody is a captain doesn't mean they have skills in it. That's why you had Hitsugaya go with a nobody in his squad to train him in the very basics, because he always used his ice instead of his sword and never learned proper Zanjutsu. I can't see a good portion of the cast being very good at it either, because their style is simply not focused on clashing swords. How is Rose, for example, going to focus on it when he fights using a flute whip that attacks with music?
    You are just hilarious. You constantly ask for links and feats, yet you arbitrarily ranked a group of seated officers that we've never even seen in action above captains. You just lack credibility.

    Quote Quote:
    Yamamoto got there first, and praised them compared to their old selves when he taught them. Later on their speed was limited to trying to kill Starrk with cheap shots which is not much.
    If Yamamoto was impressed by their speed, they must be rather good at Shunpo.

    Quote Quote:
    He used several powerful Kido in almost every fight he has been, in a split second. I put Urahara there because he's clearly good at it based on his actions and because he lived with Tessai for a while. I actually put Unohana there because of her healing ability, which seems to be closely linked to Kido, and because her reiatsu control is perfect, not because she has used it in the past.
    Urahara's Kido feats far exceed Byakuya's; they aren't even close. And what do you mean by Unohana's healing ability seems to be closely linked to Kido? It is Kido, specifically Kaido. You're obviously arguing about things you simply don't understand.

    Quote Quote:
    He's on reiatsu because he's strong, he showed it and he fought Aizen with great power. He's on speed because he fought Aizen, and used some pretty impressive speed a couple of times... Sigh, to make it short, he's on the same level of Aizen. He's even good at Kido because of that barrier he used and that charm he gave Ichigo, and even decent at Kaido since he used it for his clinic. But here's not high everywhere, notice he's not in intellect, deadliness or hax.
    He's on the same level as Aizen, really? I'm not arguing that he doesn't deserve to be on some of the lists, but how on earth is he ranked higher than Urahara or Unohana on Kido, based on what? How is his reiatsu on the same level as Yamamoto's? You're just making this stuff up.

    Quote Quote:
    Yamamoto is the fucking sun, so that must be worth something. Mayuri can poison a large radius which means failure of internal organs in seconds. Unohana can melt people inside the area of her Bankai, and I don't know how large it is, but at least is slightly deadlier. Gin has a poisonous mach 200 sword, Hitsugaya can freeze large areas, Soifon has a nuke. The rest haven't shown much or I just forgot.
    I'm not arguing that these people don't have deadly abilities, I just thought it was a pointless category.

    Quote Quote:
    Yamamoto is deadly, not hax. His skeletons were useless, he summoned them just to piss off Yhwach, and because they wouldn't die from entering that holy circle. Tessai and Hachigen have time/space spell and can use level 99 spells without incantation, so that guarantees them a high spot in that list.
    I'd say having an attack that turns anything into nothingness upon contact is pretty ridiculous, when you add that to an endless army, and the ability to become untouchable, Yamamoto's bankai is pretty hax. My objection to Tessai and Hachigen is that their abilities aren't specific to them, it's just kido that can be mastered. It is distinctly possible that others can use them.

    Quote Quote:
    This is not even a final list, I ranked them on what they have shown or is reasonable on what they can do. I'm not just going to use hearsay to make the ranking everybody wants to read:

    Yamamoto
    Zaraki
    Unohana
    Shunsui
    Ukitake
    It's the list that people might expect to see to a certain extent, mainly because that is what is supported by the manga for the most part when it comes to the captains.
    Last edited by Impossibility; June 22, 2013 at 01:20 PM.

  20. #12
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-25.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-17.html
    And several other pages where Byakuya's reiatsu can be felt far away. But since you are so obsessed with dpwngrading Byakuya maybe you could provide similar examples but with other captains?

    So Buyakuya's reiatsu was stronger than a patched Zaraki who had suppressed most of his power. That's real impressive. And the fact that you think Byakuya has more powerful reiatsu than a full powered Zaraki who is a war potential grouped with Aizen and Ichigo is laughable.

  21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  22. #13
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    So Buyakuya's reiatsu was stronger than a patched Zaraki who had suppressed most of his power. That's real impressive. And the fact that you think Byakuya has more powerful reiatsu than a full powered Zaraki who is a war potential grouped with Aizen and Ichigo is laughable.
    Words taken out of context have no value. Zaraki barely changes when his eyepatch is taken out, and apparently the eyepatch is the only thing people remember about him even though he not only uses it to supress reiatsu but also limit his vision, and he lowers the strength of his swings, and uses bells in his hair to let his opponent know of his location. And "suppressed most of his power"? Bullshit. He lowered his Zanjutsu to the point he became pathetic, and the only thing he became better at was Zanjutsu and Zanjutsu alone, read the fight. The laughable thing here is that you think that being a SWP is based on power alone, when Yhwach already said that it's not the only condition to qualify as one.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  23. #14
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    ENGLISHREADING COMPREHENSION MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAKHAVE IT?! Byakuya is fast, and his Bankai is even faster, to the point it could almost catch up with Ichigo, and it sends a hundred million blades in every direction. Zaraki is not only slower, but he has no means to defend himself.
    You see what i mean? Your looking silly with that kind of talk.

    Byakuya only started keeping up with Ichigo because he could not handle his own power... I.e. His Bankai was crushing his bones and he became slower. Even Byakuya noticed this, Zangetsu mentioned it.

    Quote Quote:
    False. Byakuya had his chest blown away, was pummeled by his own Bankai several times and still stood up. A single hit from Byakuya's Bankai will take a toll on Zaraki.
    Byakuya was absolutely humiliated. He did not fight on. Zaraki was simply fighting to enjoy himself to the point where he was going to die from blood loss... Not because of his opponents strength... But because he let himself get cut to enjoy the fight. Yet.. He still went on.

    No, Byakuya has never EVER gotten a punishment as close or even remotely similar to Zaraki and kept on going.

    Quote Quote:
    Wrong. Zaraki is not only unable to reach Byakuya, but Byakuya has taken a lot more punishment and survived. Zaraki couldn't even kill Tousen after two direct cuts to the chest, he's going to have to try harder to take down Byakuya and there are several ways that he could be stopped, including but not limited to Kido, which Zaraki lacks.
    Couldnt even Kill? After those shots, Tousens Bankai dissapeared. That is a sign of defeat. i.e. Cannot go on any further. Kenpachi had no reason to kill either one and he could have done so after the Bankai dissapeared yet he chose not to.

    The guy could not seriously keep on fighting after the first slash, heck he was rather pathetic after that.

    Note: Slashed - End of Bankai.

    Quote Quote:
    Just like speed was no factor when Ichigo put his blade at Byakuya's neck. Byakuya can drop his sword and with the same hand use a binding Kido in a split second. Game over.
    The speed difference between Ichigo and Byakuya is extremely massive. To the point where Ichigo could have easily chopped Byakuyas head... Twice... While most of his power was suppressed.

    Ichigo was able to withstand Kido etc by sheer Reiatsu and Strength. Aizen was able to do the same. Kenpachi has, more than once, negated damage by simple strength.

    And do you know what a split second is? Byakuya cannot use a Kido in a split second.

    Quote Quote:
    That is NOT how it works. What have Shunsui, Zaraki and Unohana done that surpasses Byakuya in more than one thing? Please, don't say "Shunsui killed 1st Espada, Zaraki killed the 5th and Yachiru killed Zaraki a hundred times", bring the details of those fights, not the results.
    Quote Quote:
    Shunsui, Yachiru and Zaraki have done little to nothing to be ranked on the same level as Byakuya, and again, don't just bring who won what battle.
    What has Byakuya actually done, feat wise to rank him above them? Please show us.

    Quote Quote:
    She is a noble and she has Shunko.
    Being a Noble and having Shunko is guarantee that you have high reiatsu? K

    Will reply the rest later...
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  24. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-25.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-17.html
    And several other pages where Byakuya's reiatsu can be felt far away. But since you are so obsessed with dpwngrading Byakuya maybe you could provide similar examples but with other captains?

    So Buyakuya's reiatsu was stronger than a patched Zaraki who had suppressed most of his power. That's real impressive. And the fact that you think Byakuya has more powerful reiatsu than a full powered Zaraki who is a war potential grouped with Aizen and Ichigo is laughable.
    1) Ganju is an individual with fairly noticeable knowledge on grasping reiatsu. He along with these randoms http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...15-page-5.html felt the chaotic nature of reiatsu being released.

    2) During the SS fight, the spectator of Ichigo's growth, Miss Yoruichi Shihōin http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...15-page-4.html
    knew for Ichigo to tie (win) against Zaraki, it was an amazing thing. Granted!

    However when it came to challenging Byakuya, she wondered if Ichigo was smocking some crack because there aren't no way he is challenging that Noble (yet) http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-5.html

    Wait a sec? Didn't Ichigo just match Zaraki? Why go through the trouble of training him in Zanjustsu, Bankai & many other things? Right because Ichigo obviously doesn't "stand a chance" http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-8.html

    Even before obtaining bankai http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-16.html Miss Spectator obviously noticed that Ichigo had improve incredibly YET he wasn't ready to take on the Noble known as Byakuya.

    3. Your third point solidifies that people here either don't read the manga, take pleasure in skipping details (making me reluctant to even converse if them), are fanboys or all of the above. Excuse me! When did SWP suddenly become people whom are the strongest? Do you all love being called out as people who spout BS or what? Dou you know that Yama isn't a SWP?

    ---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    ENGLISHREADING COMPREHENSION MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAKHAVE IT?! Byakuya is fast, and his Bankai is even faster, to the point it could almost catch up with Ichigo, and it sends a hundred million blades in every direction. Zaraki is not only slower, but he has no means to defend himself.
    Exacta. I even further clarified afterwards what doesn't need clarification

New Reply
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts