Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 475

Thread: How strong is Byakuya?

  1. #16
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    [QUOTE=Kay3795;3460351]1) Ganju is an individual with fairly noticeable knowledge on grasping reiatsu. He along with these randoms http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...15-page-5.html felt the chaotic nature of reiatsu being released.

    2) During the SS fight, the spectator of Ichigo's growth, Miss Yoruichi Shihōin http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...15-page-4.html
    knew for Ichigo to tie (win) against Zaraki, it was an amazing thing. Granted!

    However when it came to challenging Byakuya, she wondered if Ichigo was smocking some crack because there aren't no way he is challenging that Noble (yet) http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-5.html

    Wait a sec? Didn't Ichigo just match Zaraki? Why go through the trouble of training him in Zanjustsu, Bankai & many other things? Right because Ichigo obviously doesn't "stand a chance" http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-8.html

    Even before obtaining bankai http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-16.html Miss Spectator obviously noticed that Ichigo had improve incredibly YET he wasn't ready to take on the Noble known as Byakuya.

    3. Your third point solidifies that people here either don't read the manga, take pleasure in skipping details (making me reluctant to even converse if them), are fanboys or all of the above. Excuse me! When did SWP suddenly become people whom are the strongest? Do you all love being called out as people who spout BS or what? Dou you know that Yama isn't a SWP?

    If you notice I wasn't denying that Byakuya had more powerful reiatsu than Zaraki back in the SS arc. It just isn't noteworthy now that we know what we know about Zaraki. I think we can safely conclude that war potentials are based on power and attitude. Yammamoto would've been one if he didn't become "soft". What the three confirmed war potentials have in common is that they're overwhelmingly powerful and their not afraid to go against a higher authority. Yama definitely has the power but he didn't have the attitude. Byakuya has neither.

  2. #17
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Is this all you know what to do? "Say, no it's not"? I can justify the spots in that list, while you're just disagreeing because your favorite characters ranked lower, because they haven't done anything to support a higher tier.

    Reiatsu: Self explanatory. Estimated to be something like 2x captain level, and can bring other high level foes to their knees with reiatsu alone.
    Where on earth did you get the idea that Byakuya had reiatsu that was twice that of captain-level? Are you just making things up as you go?

    Quote Quote:
    Overall Shinigami Mastery. Since your main beef is with Byakuya and the so called senior captains ranking below him, I dare you to justify your belief that they are better. Against Renji, Byakuya used speed to quickly move around the hall they were fighting in, high power, high level Kido without incantation, strength. Against Ichigo he used high level Shunpo to keep up, Zanjutsu to keep up, different moves, Kido to pierce Ichigo, and the reiatsu from their clash was blowing everything away, which is actually more than what other captains have done. Against Zommari he moved quickly despite losing an arm and a leg, and used Kido in quick succession, figuring out a weakness for Amor and making split second decisions, a lot more than what the "seniors", or anybody for that matter have done in battle.
    So Byakuya was able to take on a VC, good for him. He lost to Ichigo. And he defeated Zommari, the 7th Espada. I'm pretty sure we've seen other captains face off against better.

    Quote Quote:
    Hakuda: Soifon + Yoruichi are self explanatory.
    Not sure why this is here, never even mentioned these two. My main issue with your Hakuda list was the individuals you decided to list alongside Yamamoto.

    Quote Quote:
    Zanjutsu: Zaraki became so good at it that at one point Yachiru was unable to reach him and started getting cut back instead. Compared to the beginning of the training where he was desperately trying to follow her sword with his eyes, it had become natural for him and was reacting out of instinct, slowly leaving less openings until he became able to use hers.
    Once again Zaraki's Zanjustu ranking was never an issue. I questioned unnamed members of his squad being ranked above the vast majority of the captains. And also Ikkaku's comparison to the likes of Gin, Byakuya, Shunsui, and Ukitake.

    Quote Quote:
    Shunpo: Soifon, Yoruichi and Ichigo can make several clones with speed alone, which involves moving so quickly back and fort that the image appears to be solid. They also caught Aizen with his pants down, and saying that he gave them a chance to lock both of his arms and put a sword in his neck is so out of character it hurts.
    Another comment that was unwarranted. Never pointed out any of these as incorrectly placed in the rankings. You got some right, yes. That doesn't excuse the exhaustive list of people you got wrong.

    Quote Quote:
    Kido: Tessai and Hachigen can use level 99 spells without an incantation, and have time/space spells as well, which can use in tandem. Far more than what Yamamoto or anybody else has done, including that level 96 spell.
    I agree with this, which is why I never mentioned them in my criticism of your list. My problems with your Kido list has been focused on Byakuya and Isshin, although I also object to Soifon's ranking.

    Quote Quote:
    Intellect: Urahara, Aizen and Mayuri are self explanatory.
    I never mentioned your intellect rankings, I thought they were pretty ok.

    Quote Quote:
    Strength: Komamura, Vaizados and such have shown immense physical strength, unlike your "seniors" that left it quite clear that their specialty is not to beat others by physical strength alone, but with skill and the element of surprise. Read their fights, nothing at any point suggests that they are physically stronger than anybody.
    Never addressed this category either.

    Quote Quote:
    Once again ignoring details and heading straight to the conclusion. Yamamoto is nothing compared to what Soifon and Yoruichi have done. He merely punched and took hits, none of the skill and technique displayed in the former. Ignore the fucking power levels for once and focus on the hand to hand combat.
    I've chosen to ignore the repeated comments about Byakuya because they've already been addressed on multiple occasions. As for this, another deflection of criticism. I never advocated Yamamoto's placement over either Soifon or Yuroichi, never mentioned either of them. I questioned everyone else placed on Yamamoto's level. At this point you're unable to justify components of your ranking and instead try to address things that have never been debated.

    Quote Quote:
    Punching and punching again is not skill, not matter how you put it, and nothing compared to those that do have technique in that aspect. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT STRENGTH, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT REIATSU, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THEIR DICK SIZE, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE MARTIAL ARTS EXPERTISE ALONE. I ranked Yamamoto high because just like Byakuya he takes his position seriously, and should have mastered every aspect after those 2000 years, but that is as far as he goes.
    Punching is unarmed combat, just because it's simple doesn't change that. And despite this new juvenile rant, you haven't shown anything to justify that Tier.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm having a hard time believing you're actually reading what I write. Read this:

    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Zanjutsu

    Ikkaku is a damn good swordsman and if you don't believe me, read his fight against Ichigo and Edorado. Once again, I'm talking about this specific area, leave that physical strength shit behind.
    Physical strength. What mention of physical strength was brought up in the context of Ikkaku's ranking in terms of Zanjutsu? You're incapable of supporting your argument, and so have resorted to arguing points that no one has seen fit to put forward.

    Quote Quote:
    I FUCKING BEG YOU, LEAVE EVERYTHING THAT'S NOT RELEVANT TO THIS SPECIFIC AREA SOMEWHERE ELSE. The Kido squad is good at Kido, the Kaido squad is good at Kaido, the assassin squad is good at assassination, the science squad is good at science, the swordsman squad is good at swordsmanship. Just because they can't beat a fucking captain in battle doesn't mean they aren't better with a sword, you have a fucking captain going back to square one because he can't use his main powers anymore.
    Another rant, another waste of text.

    Quote Quote:
    Out of context, no value. He was comparing them to their old selves back at the academy.
    Their feats stand.

    Quote Quote:
    You mean he used a level 91 spell with an incantation? What about Byakuya using a spell 10 levels lower without an incantation? Or a barrier that withstood his own Bankai? Or a level 30 spell the size of Yammi? What has Urahara done?
    Really, are you actually asking what Urahara has done on the Kido front? The hilarity ensues.

    Quote Quote:
    Specializing in the specific art of healing =/= good at applying any spell in combat. I put here there because I believe she should be capable of.
    We referenced Kido, not Hado or Bakudo specifically. Unohana's mastery of Kaido is a mastery of a form of Kido. You seems to be incapable of understanding this.

    Quote Quote:
    Yamamoto: Choking a vice captain with reiatsu. Aizen: Choking an Espada with reiatsu, taking Yamamoto's spell to the face. Isshin: Fighting with Aizen and taking his attacks to the face. Isshin: Using barrier and protective spells to protect Ichigo and hiding his presence from Aizen. Shooting fucking Aizen across town. What has Unohana done? Heal. What has Urahara done? Use a level 91 spell with incantation on a bound target.
    None of those things indicate that Isshin's reiatsu is as strong as Yamamoto's. And they definitely don't show mastery of Kido beyond either Unohana or Urahara.

    Quote Quote:
    It's not pointless at all. Mayuri could solo the entire cast with his poison. There's a lot more going in fights than who has the bigger dicksword.
    I don't have a problem with the category, it just seems arbitrary considering the numerous ways in which Shinigami are deadly by nature.

    Quote Quote:
    If you want I can put him a hundred tiers above everybody else, he's that deadly, but it's far from sense altering abilities or time/space warping powers. It's not even as dangerous as Szayel's cloning ability that made clones so good they could even use Bankai. Or Barragan that could slow or speed time to such a ridiculous extent.
    Yet, we aren't talking about the Espada's abilities. Half of the Espadas had ridiculous abilities beyond what the captains could hope for.

    Quote Quote:
    Hachigen's power is specific for himself since he developed it with the help of his hollow powers, and can restore anything from nothing or teleport things. Tessai can use any spell at full power without an incantation, and secret spells that the mere use of them guarantee a direct trip to the underground prison for a looong time. It's pretty hax if somebody can storm into the room and bind everybody inside in a second or put them in stasis or something.
    Once again, I don't consider Kido to be a hax ability to be attributed to an ability because it isn't something that is limited to that person or one group. It can be learned by others, and might be known by others amongst the Gotei 13.
    Last edited by Impossibility; June 22, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    [QUOTE=SPC;3460379]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    1) Ganju is an individual with fairly noticeable knowledge on grasping reiatsu. He along with these randoms http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...15-page-5.html felt the chaotic nature of reiatsu being released.

    2) During the SS fight, the spectator of Ichigo's growth, Miss Yoruichi Shihōin http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...15-page-4.html
    knew for Ichigo to tie (win) against Zaraki, it was an amazing thing. Granted!

    However when it came to challenging Byakuya, she wondered if Ichigo was smocking some crack because there aren't no way he is challenging that Noble (yet) http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-5.html

    Wait a sec? Didn't Ichigo just match Zaraki? Why go through the trouble of training him in Zanjustsu, Bankai & many other things? Right because Ichigo obviously doesn't "stand a chance" http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-8.html

    Even before obtaining bankai http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-16.html Miss Spectator obviously noticed that Ichigo had improve incredibly YET he wasn't ready to take on the Noble known as Byakuya.

    3. Your third point solidifies that people here either don't read the manga, take pleasure in skipping details (making me reluctant to even converse if them), are fanboys or all of the above. Excuse me! When did SWP suddenly become people whom are the strongest? Do you all love being called out as people who spout BS or what? Dou you know that Yama isn't a SWP?

    If you notice I wasn't denying that Byakuya had more powerful reiatsu than Zaraki back in the SS arc. It just isn't noteworthy now that we know what we know about Zaraki. I think we can safely conclude that war potentials are based on power and attitude. Yammamoto would've been one if he didn't become "soft". What the three confirmed war potentials have in common is that they're overwhelmingly powerful and their not afraid to go against a higher authority. Yama definitely has the power but he didn't have the attitude. Byakuya has neither.
    "I wasn't denying that Byakuya had more powerful reiatsu than Zaraki back in the SS arc" so when did Zaraki, suddenly have this boost in reiatsu that trumps Byakuya? To our knowledge, the only worth noticeable training he had was with Yamamoto & Unohana (whom merely trained him in one aspect of fighting. Close combat with the sword).

    You instantly invalidate your points the moment you brought up SWP because a very crucial detail was skipped yet again regarding Zaraki as a SWP http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-16.html http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-17.html

    "Page 16
    Juhabach:特記戦力の1
    Special Asset Number 1
    Juhabach:更木剣八
    Zaraki Kenpachi

    Juhabach:それが
    And yet
    Juhabach:この様か
    This is it?

    Juhabach:脆い
    So frail

    Juhabach:どうやら私は
    It seems
    Juhabach:お前達を買い被り過ぎていた様だ
    That I was grossly overestimating all of you

    Juhabach:眠れ
    Sleep
    Juhabach:尸魂界は終わりだ
    Soul Society is finished"

    ---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

    [QUOTE=Kay3795;3460450]
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    1) "I wasn't denying that Byakuya had more powerful reiatsu than Zaraki back in the SS arc" so when did Zaraki, suddenly have this boost in reiatsu that trumps Byakuya? To our knowledge, the only worth noticeable training he had was with Yamamoto & Unohana (whom merely trained him in one aspect of fighting. Close combat with the sword).

    You instantly invalidate your points the moment you brought up SWP because a very crucial detail was skipped yet again regarding Zaraki as a SWP http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-16.html http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-17.html

    "Page 16
    Juhabach:特記戦力の1
    Special Asset Number 1
    Juhabach:更木剣八
    Zaraki Kenpachi

    Juhabach:それが
    And yet
    Juhabach:この様か
    This is it?

    Juhabach:脆い
    So frail

    Juhabach:どうやら私は
    It seems
    Juhabach:お前達を買い被り過ぎていた様だ
    That I was grossly overestimating all of you

    Juhabach:眠れ
    Sleep
    Juhabach:尸魂界は終わりだ
    Soul Society is finished"
    2) & with the cherry on top, you also claimed "So Buyakuya's reiatsu was stronger than a patched Zaraki who had suppressed most of his power. That's real impressive" & I told you the Ganju situation of how him & other felt the chaotic nature of the reiatsu being released but then you replied with "If you notice I wasn't denying that Byakuya had more powerful reiatsu than Zaraki back in the SS arc" & expect me to take your dubious statement seriously?

    If you looked at things carefully & objectively, you wouldn't berate Byakuya by saying "That's real impressive" for him to have stronger reiatsu than a "patched Zaraki who had suppressed most of his power". You were inconsistence with your sayings in a really dubious matter & I ain't got time for that.
    Last edited by Kay3795; June 22, 2013 at 06:58 PM.

  4. #19
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    At Kay3795

    There's a reason Zaraki was on the list. Bach/Royd knew of Zaraki's actual power thats why he was underwhelmed when he kicked his ass cause he wasn't at the level he was suppose to be at. With regards to Byakuya i wasn't inconsistent in anything. We both agree that he has more powerful reiatsu then that version of Zaraki, the only difference is you see that as noteworthy and I don't now that we know what Kenpachi's full power is.

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    There's a reason Zaraki was on the list.
    1) & what exactly is this reason? Besides maybe the title Kenpachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Bach/Royd knew of Zaraki's actual power thats why he was underwhelmed when he kicked his ass cause he wasn't at the level he was suppose to be at.
    2) How did you arrive at this conclusion that Bach "he knew of" his actual power? & what "actual power" are you talking about?

    As far as the manga is concerned, close combat fighting with the sword aka Zanjustsu is what Zaraki had demonstrated to be exceptionally well at & only just recently too. It's why he was "stronger" than Unohana & it's what he surpassed her at (as a kid & now). Anything else such as Kido (lack of), Hand to Hand, Zanpakuto ability (lack of), high speed movement (lack of), control (lack of), perceptiveness (lack of) & etc didn't improve one bit.

    Also let me put things real plain & simply for you. Bach was simply not amused. He overrated Zaraki to the extreme & he was disappointed. His judgement of what Zaraki dished out against him was telling enough.

    "Juhabach:特記戦力の1
    Special Asset Number 1
    Juhabach:更木剣八
    Zaraki Kenpachi

    Juhabach:それが
    And yet
    Juhabach:この様か
    This is it?

    Juhabach:脆い
    So frail"

    He expected him to be strong & was shocked that Zaraki was the exact contraction of that word strong.

    Expected means to "regard something as probable or likely"

    He didn't say or imply he "knew of Zaraki's actual power" or that Zaraki got weaker nor did he imply that he (Bach) himself was a stalker or whatever nonsense you are talking about.

    Bach was quite clear. He expected Zaraki to be strong & why shouldn't Bach expect that? He is a Kenpachi, the newest Kenpachi to be exact. A kenpachi that according to tradition must have surpassed all the previous kenpachi but alas Bach decided that this Kenpachi was trash whom he overestimated in the end.

    If you didn't see it before, do you now see who is writing something of substance & who isn't? Who is making things up & who is posting manga?


    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    With regards to Byakuya i wasn't inconsistent in anything.
    3) You: "So Buyakuya's reiatsu was stronger than a patched Zaraki who had suppressed most of his power. That's real impressive".

    In dubious mocking tone you belittled Byakuya having more reiatsu than a patched Zaraki. It's suspect that you very well implied that he (Byakuya) probably couldn't match unpatched Zaraki however I announced the issue with this particular statement using Ganju & subsequently you replied saying "I wasn't denying that Byakuya had more powerful reiatsu than Zaraki back in the SS arc" & even now you said "We both agree that he has more powerful reiatsu then that version of Zaraki".

    At this point I'm thinking to myself if you even know the English that you are typing. Your dubiously written post infested with a double meaning & mocking point regarding Byakuya's lvl of reiatsu in comparison to patch Zaraki suddenly changed to 'oh right but I agree that Byakuya had more reiatsu than Zaraki at that time'.

    What you did here is referred to as being superficial. People who exemplify superficial behaviour are commonly known to having difficulties in acknowledging profound truths that calls them out on their BS. & that is the inconsistency I'm talking about. I ain't got time for any of that!


    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    We both agree that he has more powerful reiatsu then that version of Zaraki,.
    Look at above point 3

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    the only difference is you see that as noteworthy and I don't now that we know what Kenpachi's full power is.
    4) Like I asked at above number two "what actual power are you talking about?" All Zaraki is accomplished as a result of the training with Unohana was become a better fight with the sword (The training was titled "Zanjutsu no tehodoki" meaning to introduce one into the art of the sword).

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Strongest soul reapers

    It is said in the Manga that after Zaraki defeated Unohana as a kid, he unconsciously sealed away most of his power because he wanted to be able to fight, he was so powerful that he had to seal away his powers like that. And now Zaraki has trained with Unohana to unlock that power and has learned the name of his sword (so he is probably going to get Bankai as well).

    Zaraki>>> Byakuya

    Byakuya is still a monster but he is not on Zarakis level. But we might see an ever stronger Byakuya when they all come back from the Palace, it remains to be seen.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; June 23, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

  7. #22
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    I agree with those who say current Kenpachi is far more powerful than Byakuya, Kenpachi was more than capable of holding his own against two captain level opponents (among other things) before his power-up and he finally surpassed Unohana (who basically gave the fodder treatment to him) and learned his zanpakuto's name. Byakuya is a well-rounded fighter who is good at kido and shunpo, he is also intelligent and has a versatile bankai but IMHO his feats don't suggest that he is superior to the likes of Unohana, Shunsui, Urahara or Isshin. I'd estimate his power level to be close to Hitsugaya's at this point or perhaps a bit stronger, assuming they both possess their bankais.

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Uddevalla
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    I'm not going to read every single argument here, but I dont like Shunsui and Ukitake being trashed Since they are two of my favorite chars, and Yama-Jii himself clearly states that their strength have always been above all others, and that their combat abilities are unrivaled.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-609-8/b...apter-155.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-609-9/b...apter-155.html
    And I'm just going to say flat out that Byakuya is a very versatile and well-rounded fighter with a great strategic sense, But he is still far from being on par with the strength of Unohana, Urahara, Zaraki and Isshin.

    IMHO.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    How can anyone claim that Byakuya is above Unohana, Zaraki, Shunsui and Ukitake base on what Byakuya has shown?

    What is this, more page time means more powerful?

    Byakuya is obviously more exposed to readers than Ukitake, Shunsui and Unohaha. And we already know, AS MANGA FACT, that Zaraki has sealed his true powers the moment he thought he might kill Unohana during their first encounter. And even when his powers are sealed, Zaraki sealed himself again with his eyepatch.

    Byakuya has never sealed his powers and was even able to hone them. He has access to it and even uses it to the fullest. And yet he can't even beat one Stern Ritter.

    Zaraki? Well, he just defeated 3 on his own.

    With that in mind we can logically conclude that Zaraki is even above Shunsui when it comes to power. But to claim that Byakuya is more powerful than him is just
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; June 23, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  11. #25
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    i was very dissapointed in his performance against the stern ritter

    he is one of the strongest shikigami
    abd perhaps the most well rounded when you cinsider his kidou and shushin

    but i dont think hes anywhere close to ichigo

  12. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    At this point only Yama Ji (from Shinigamis) is close to Ichigo's level.

    I think Byakuya will be more powerful after they return from King's realm. And if he is also a war potential then him being on par with Zaraki makes sense in the end.

  13. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    I would not go so far as to say that Ichigo is above Yamamoto when it comes to power. I think it is still too early to even claim that Ichigo is now in Yamamoto's level.

    We still need to see how powerful Ichigo is now with his Zangetsus.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; June 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  14. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    zero division
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    out of the 13 captains I think he is ranked # 10 in strength.


    Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

    Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

  15. #29
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    out of the 13 captains I think he is ranked # 10 in strength.
    no way, he has to be stronger than that

  16. #30
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Byakuya?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki L View Post
    How about you change this thread's title to:
    "I'm a hardcore fan of Byakuya Kuchiki, i think he's the strongest Shinigami and you can't prove me wrong, because I'm using the fanboy logic"
    I'll be happy to give you a logical argument, not to say that Byakuya is, as you said, 'the strongest shinigami,' but to say that it is not silly or wrong to place him among the strongest of the captains. Byakuya is the leader of the greatest of the noble clans, and he is supposed to be one of the strongest, if not the strongest noble leader in the clan's history. The children of the noble clans, in Byakuya's words, are exceptionally talented. I have already, numerous times, placed links to parts of the manga where Ichigo, Renji and other captain or vice captain ranked fighters have been intimidated by his spiritual pressure.

    But 'strongest' or 'most powerful' are really vague terms. Because it does little good to be powerful if one does not have a good mix of supporting characteristics. Byakuya is a flash step master, near, although not at the level of Yoruichi...but the only two I've seen move faster were Ichigo in bankai and Yoruichi. He is a kido expert who easily casts 'Danku' without the incantation, and uses lower level spells with great destructive effect. He has a completed bankai that includes several forms. Add to that, he has over forty years of experience as a captain, and has a large amount of battle experience, as he and Kenpachi are often sent out together at the first sign of trouble. Unohana acknowledged the bond between Byakuya and Kenpachi in her speech to him, and Kenpachi does not care for weaklings. He is always trying to goad Byakuya into fighting. If he thought that Byakuya was a weakling, he wouldn't bother.

    Byakuya also has years of devoting himself to bringing pride to his clan. As much as I understand Ukitake and Kyouraku have more overall time as captains, think of how they have been shown in the manga. Ukitake is sickly and Shunsui is usually drunk or making passes at women. Kenpachi before the recent chapters didn't care about protecting the seireitei, so much as finding a good fight. Of those and Byakuya, I think that if I needed defending, I would want someone like Byakuya with, not just strong powers, but lots of battle experience, ability to read opponents, and an obsessive devotion to honoring his clan's name by giving his best to the battle.

    And to the person who said that he 'couldn't even beat one sternritter,' you ought to consider that As Nodt's power of fear did not defeat Byakuya. Byakuya was defeated because all four of those first arriving captains had been given faulty information that caused them to give up their bankai easily to the enemy. Once As Nodt had that, we saw him struck no less than three times with that power before he was done. Kubo used Byakuya to show a powerful captain at the mercy of his own devastating technique. He didn't choose Soi fon, Hitsugaya or Komamura because their bankais didn't have the devastating effect Byakuya's did. Renji, a captain level fighter who himself had bankai, was nearly killed after being hit once by Byakuya's bankai.

    Byakuya may not be the 'strongest' or 'most powerful,' but he is one of the most capable overall fighters because of his expertise in multiple areas, as well as his dedication to honoring his clan and setting an example for others. 'Biggest,' 'strongest,' and 'most powerful,' do not always win the fight. It is the overall ability of the fighter, and Byakuya is a great fighter. That does not mean that the other captains are not. It only means that he probably ranks more highly among them.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts