Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: How strong is Byakuya?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How strong is Byakuya?

Quote Quote:
    And I don't really want to remember how Aizen opted not to draw his Zanpakuto against Ichigo, which would effectively have ended the fight no matter how powerful the latter was.
    What? He fought with his sword the entire fight. And it doesn't matter if you like the fact that Ichigo completely curbstomped him with the random power-up, that's how it is. He dominated him with pure brute force and physical power and that's that.

In the end this is what it boils down too. Also remember when Gin was talking about Aizen? He said that if Kyoka Suigetsu was everything in Aizens power then many people would defeat him by now. The fact was that Aizen was a monster when it came to his physical abilities. He was fast, strong and had insane defenses. He was able to grab Ichigos bankai at SS with his mere fingers.

Not to mention it's common logic that in shonen mangas "The more you can destroy, the stronger you are"

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He didnt mean sword fighting. He meant unseal his zanpakuto aginst Ichigo so that he could use his illusions.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that he didn't unseal it. He was already at full power, and he went even further by changing into the multi-headed monster which puked nuclear explosions. As Yamamoto and Aizen said, a certain Kiddo or ability won't work if your enemy outclasses you in power.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you're still mistaken. He isnt saying that Aizen's physical power was held back because his sword wasnt used. Hes saying Kyouka Suigetsu's illusions would have given Aizen the win without needing to match Ichigo in power. He's literally saying power would'nt have mattered. And he's right.

EDIT: She I mean. She's right, lol.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 21, 2014 at 06:55 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

And I'm saying that Kyoka suigetsu wouldn't work on Ichigo because he outclassed him in power. When someone is way more powerful than someone else nothing you can use at him will work.

"A battle between shinigami is a battle between spiritual pressure, I can easily overwhelm your ability with my spiritual pressure".

As such if someone is far stronger than another all his attacks, kiddo, special abilities will be useless. And because of that Ichigo which was far stronger than butterfly AIzen cancelled out his sword with his mere fingers, his kiddo with a simple swing of his hand and would definitely cancel out Kyoka Suigetsu ASSUMING that Aizen could even use it on his ascended form.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bold assumption to claim that Ichigo would be able to repel the power of an illusion-type Zanpakuto, knowing that Captain-Commander, who was stronger than Aizen did not even consider such an option. An altering of senses cannot possibly be fought with.

But we are straying further off the topic, so, I'll stop the discussion here. I have made my points, anyway, so, I don't have much else to further elaborate on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANimouz View Post
    And I'm saying that Kyoka suigetsu wouldn't work on Ichigo because he outclassed him in power. When someone is way more powerful than someone else nothing you can use at him will work.

"A battle between shinigami is a battle between spiritual pressure, I can easily overwhelm your ability with my spiritual pressure".

As such if someone is far stronger than another all his attacks, kiddo, special abilities will be useless. And because of that Ichigo which was far stronger than butterfly AIzen cancelled out his sword with his mere fingers, his kiddo with a simple swing of his hand and would definitely cancel out Kyoka Suigetsu ASSUMING that Aizen could even use it on his ascended form.
    That quote was part of Aizen's illusion, just to point it out. Sui Feng never hit him to begin with, nor did Shunsui, hence the lack of any injuries on him whatsoever when he broke the illusion. Whether her Homonka would have worked on him anyway is up for debate, I like to think it would but it's possible it wouldn't. But in that instance it never connected with him. That quote was just a way of making the illusion make sense.

Certain things won't work against a significantly higher power, but if it was that simple Hisagi wouldn't have been able to push his sword through Tousen's neck and Gin wouldn't have been able to burn a hole through Aizen's chest. And since I presume this is comparing Byakuya to Zaraki I don't think Byakuya is so weak that a barrage from his Bankai wouldn't even scratch Zaraki. Gremmy, whose body couldn't even sustain Zaraki's level of power was able to rough him up quite well even before the vacuum of space thing.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; June 21, 2014 at 06:07 PM.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    That quote was part of Aizen's illusion, just to point it out. Sui Feng never hit him to begin with, nor did Shunsui, hence the lack of any injuries on him whatsoever when he broke the illusion.
    I guess another possibility might be that these attacks, perhaps even Hitsugaya's, actually connected but the hogyoku healed him.

Regarding Byakuya's power, which is the topic of this thread, he seems to have got a considerable power boost considering that his shikai is now as powerful as his old bankai. I'm not sure how and why he managed to improve his abilities to this extent since he had already mastered his bankai and I suppose further improvement would take centuries but the crux of the matter is he is very powerful now, I think his fight against these sternritters will allow us to make a more accurate estimate.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANImouz

You're taking that sentence WAY too seriously. If it was as you say then Aizen's illusions would never have worked on Yamamoto, and Tousen's Bankai wouldn't have worked on Kenpachi (though the gap in power between those two was practically negligible).

Also he didn't "cancel out" his sword. He blocked it. What happened there was a clear example of power, but it was also 100% irrelevant, because that show of power didn't mean the illusions wouldn't have worked (once again, if they work on Yama, they'll work on Ichigo). All it was, was one amount of physical power outclassing another.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, assuming they fight the remaining stern riter with the shinigami that are there the only alternative they have is that byakuya takes a leading role in the whole thing as a direct countermeasure against at least a couple of stern riter. Renji is insanely strong but he know he is under the effect of nanana's ability already which will without a doubt limit him soon. Ikkaku and hisagi will likely do something with their bankai but they are still only VC class people, they do not actually have the power to hold on their own. Rukia is perhaps the other big asset here considering everything. However its likely that she still can't use her full power just yet considering how strainful even her shikai is. All in all, under the assumption that no one else shows up byakuya is the one that is going to have to handle the bulk of the stern riter and I would think he is up for it.

As far as aizen goes, I am not sure how the reiatsu clash thing would go. Its plausible there is an amount of power that would be able to repel the illusion however who would have that? I don't think even yamamoto would have that much power considering the sheer volume of reiatsu aizen himself had. If anything I would argue that aizen probably was pretty close with the main difference being that yamamoto's zampakuto abilities did have offensive more flashy applications while aizen did not have that luxury.

New Reply
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34