Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 149 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 149 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    Duh, but you can't be 100% sure with mangacow/mangahere traductions.. Especially when the trad from Batoto says ''Yama's mad dog'' instead of Gwang-gyeon even though they both used the ''Raw'' from naver.
    In the end, I'll trust what The Company used and they used Yama's Mad Dog. There might be something else there, but no one other than mangacow used that other thing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    In the end, I'll trust what The Company used and they used Yama's Mad Dog. There might be something else there, but no one other than mangacow used that other thing.
    Exactly, what i was going to say . It made no sense to switch from a pseudonym to his real name all of a sudden especially when both mangacow/here and TC had different translations of the same chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Xia Xia already knows how nice Baam is and she's slowly becoming more of a friend to him. But she still doesn't want to open herself that much to him. But i guess she's realizing more and more that Baam is really a light just like Novick said. In fact, I think that when Novick told her that, she already knew that to a certain extent.

This is why i think the conversation was really interesting. SIU probably wants to make us see how Baam manages to change everyone around him (including XiaXia). He also wants to make us realize that FUG is not entirely ''darkness'' but that they all have a valid reason to hate Zahard and the 10 great families.

She really likes him and i think that she might betray fug in the future and choose to follow Baam instead of trying to achieve her revenge against Zahard (which is probably the reason she's a FUG member.)

My avatar is from Kindgom

yeah so should we add one more to Baam harem

thank you ill check it out

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    yeah so should we add one more to Baam harem
    Yeah, but I still want Black March to return

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, what i was going to say . It made no sense to switch from a pseudonym to his real name all of a sudden especially when both mangacow/here and TC had different translations of the same chapter.
    Why would it have made no sense? If anything it makes more sense for his teammates to call him by his real name rather than by a pseudonym that others associate him with, that's unless if no one knows his real name anyway. I'm confused by people saying that TC translated it differently, have they posted a translation of the chapter already?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Why would it have made no sense? If anything it makes more sense for his teammates to call him by his real name rather than by a pseudonym that others associate him with, that's unless if no one knows his real name anyway. I'm confused by people saying that TC translated it differently, have they posted a translation of the chapter already?
    No, but in the previous chapter, TC used Yama's Mad Dog and the Batoto people used Mad Dog in their translations. We'll see what TC says in their release in a few days.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I meant to say that it made no sense that someone from batoto who usually gives trustworthy translations used ''Yama's mad dog'' and that Mangacow/here used ''Gwang-gyeon'' considering that both used the same raw from naver.

I wasn't talking about the change of naming by the characters from one chapter to another.

Also, TC didn't release the chapter yet but that user is right on his translation most of the time.
    Last edited by Nast.J; July 03, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

No, but in the previous chapter, TC used Yama's Mad Dog and the Batoto people used Mad Dog in their translations. We'll see what TC says in their release in a few days.
    But as far as I know that's the case for Mangacow as well, they used Yama's Mad Dog in chapter 146 and this is the first time seeing a variation of that.

No, I meant to say that it made no sense that someone from batoto who usually gives trustworthy translations used ''Yama's mad dog'' and that Mangacow/here used ''Gwang-gyeon'' considering that both used the same raw from naver.

I wasn't talking about the change of naming by the characters from one chapter to another.

Also, TC didn't release the chapter yet but that user is right on his translation most of the time.
    I wouldn't give quick translations from forum users much weighting considering they haven't been adequately QC'd and can be prone to slight mistakes. Like here for example:

"Viole: Im so relieved there's no bad bad blood between Miss Xiaxia and me."
    From the deBroglie spoiler

and here:

"Viole says that is good, Xiaxia did not suffering something bad."
    From Random-Webtoon-Fan

Sure, Mangacow could have made a mistake but It's better to just wait for the TC scan. Also, as far as I know, these people posting spoiler translations aren't translators for TC so it would be inaccurate to say that "mangacow/here and TC had different translations of the same chapter" if you were talking about this chapter specifically.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

But as far as I know that's the case for Mangacow as well, they used Yama's Mad Dog in chapter 146 and this is the first time seeing a variation of that.
    We'll see. For several reasons, I'm not inclined to believe that there'll be something different. First, there really aren't too many Korean-inspired names in ToG and second, there can't be this number of people hiding either their faces or their names. Ron Mei doesn't seem like a bad person, so I don't know whether or not they'd have a real name that they'd say in private for Mad Dog, but it seems odd.

Then again, the line about how, "If Mad Dog was here, one of them [him or Viole] would be dead" seems rather odd.

There's no other use in discussing this until TC finally gets us a scan, which could take forever.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't give quick translations from forum users much weighting considering they haven't been adequately QC'd and can be prone to slight mistakes. Like here for example:

"Viole: Im so relieved there's no bad bad blood between Miss Xiaxia and me."
    From the deBroglie spoiler

and here:

"Viole says that is good, Xiaxia did not suffering something bad."
    From Random-Webtoon-Fan

Sure, Mangacow could have made a mistake but It's better to just wait for the TC scan. Also, as far as I know, these people posting spoiler translations aren't translators for TC so it would be inaccurate to say that "mangacow/here and TC had different translations of the same chapter" if you were talking about this chapter specifically.
    I completely understand what you're saying and i know that forum users translators can also be wrong but then again in the mistake you've showed us, the meaning of the sentence was different yes, but both got the same name (XiaXia) right.

In our case, the only difference between the translation and mangacow's version is the name and i think that translating a name is or should at least be easier than translating the meaning of a sentence adequately.

In my mind, it makes sense that someone wouldn't likely make as much mistakes when translating a name from korean to english compared to translating an actual sentence from korean to english. Specially, when both names seem to be quite different from one another.

Well, that's what i didn't get. How can someone make a mistake on a name when those names don't even seem close to each other, it should be either Yama's mad dog or Gwang-gyeon, now who made the mistake that's the real question?

Anyways, we'll check with TC's version of the chapter.There's no point in prolonging this off topic discussion.

Also now that you reminded me, i didn't mean to say that the translation was from TC but from batoto, i sometimes confuse myself since they're almost the same thing

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its hard for me to believe that Yama dog is as strong as Viole, I feel its all just hype but when it comes down to it Viole would destroy him and put him to shame!!

Also if the gamblers are based off the one shot one opportunity rankings then shouldnt Viole be up there because he shot alot of people.....

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    Its hard for me to believe that Yama dog is as strong as Viole, I feel its all just hype but when it comes down to it Viole would destroy him and put him to shame!!

Also if the gamblers are based off the one shot one opportunity rankings then shouldnt Viole be up there because he shot alot of people.....
    Well its not like Viole is that strong, I mean he is a beast, but still not in a rankers level. He being a Irregular is what makes everything more complicated, given that he is immune to shinsoo...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TauCarlos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reflejo stepped up in the absence of Baam who was originally meant to be the one giving out the orders but left his team stranded. It was also his decision that bought them enough time for Baam to arrive, so if they scored the gamblers on leadership, Reflejo would rank higher than Baam or Cassano despite not doing any fighting himself.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

TheCompany chapter is out : http://www.batoto.net/read/_/181200/...by_the-company

We'll see. For several reasons, I'm not inclined to believe that Then again, the line about how, "If Mad Dog was here, one of them [him or Viole] would be dead" seems rather odd.
    We finally have an answer, it was ''Mad dog'' and not ''Gwang-gyeon'', i still wonder where the latter comes from :P . It sounds odd but still makes more sense. Thank god! Gwang-gyeon would have been a lame surname for the Mad dog.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

"Our little girl changed so much."
    Ohh SiU ...

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast