Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:1 Ghost Pain
    Genre: Cyberpunk
    Production: Production I.G
    Director: Kazuchika Kise
    Script: Ubukata Tow
    Starring: Sakamoto Maaya
    Debuts: June 22, 2013

Ghost in the Shell: Arise, part one. Prequel of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

The anime's story is set in 2027, one year after the end of the fourth non-nuclear war. New Port City is still reeling from the war's aftermath when it suffers a bombing caused by a self-propelled mine. Then, a military member implicated in arms-dealing bribes is gunned down.

During the investigation, Public Security Section's Daisuke Aramaki encounters Motoko Kusanagi, the cyborg wizard-level hacker assigned to the military's 501st Secret Unit. Batou, a man with the "eye that does not sleep," suspects that Kusanagi is the one behind the bombing. The Niihama Prefectural Police detective Togusa is pursuing his own dual cases of the shooting death and a prostitute's murder. Motoko herself is being watched by the 501st Secret Unit's head Kurutsu and cyborg agents.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 19, 2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: info

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ghost in the Shell: Arise

I just watched the first episode and DAMN!
    I think that Tow Ubukata influence reached everything since the art to the action sequences. Not thats a bad thing, I really enjoyed them although I liked the original GitS artwork best.
    I could feel mardock scramble all over it

---------- Post added June 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was June 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM ----------

As a die-hard GitS fan, I enjoyed it a lot and I'm really glad they decided to make it
    And the ost is perfect too D:
    Last edited by TheBoss; June 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ghost in the Shell: Arise

I'm mad at GiTS right now. I thought I had time to finishing rewatching SAC, but no, they had to sell advance copies of the BD at the theater. I thought I'd have until the retail release in July, and now I'm only halfway through 2nd Gig. Oh well.

Good raws are finally out, and competent groups have released subs. I will be following ThorA releases, always the best BD subbers. I'll watch either tonight, or tomorrow morning.

New Reply