Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok

Spoiler show
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well chapter 40-44 are out on naver...it is just the scanlation group not keeping up

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

read the latest scannalated chaps. It seems the main character is getting serious about the dice thing he wants to create a group to save his crush, Frankly i like main who has dark sides and not all to goody goody like him.... would have liked if tanbein (or what ever his name is) would be the main

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Another long text, even before a new chapter comes out! This is my longest yet, but I had a lot of free time today. Read at your own peril, knowing that it refers to how things stand at chapter 39:

Spoiler show

And now, in face of chapter 40 and 41...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by kendama; April 24, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly i like mio more than Enju, Enju seemed to be false sweet when she said i liked you better before her face was clearly saying that. Not to mention grossly misunderstanding dontage on her part. While Mio actually saw through things and dontages motives.
    Also we are seeing some back story of tabein and a mysterious cloaked guy. Wonder who it is may be the X himself

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Long comment on Eunju and Mio, defending Eunju. So if you dislike Eunju, this may be of no interest to you.

Spoiler show

As for the cloaked person, I think we have strong evidence that it is, indeed, X, since that's the conclusion to be drawn from the dialogue between Taebin and Byungchul. And I may add, X is brewing some very foul thing to happen soon.
    Last edited by kendama; April 26, 2014 at 06:45 PM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont really think that the fact of Dontage being hopelessly in for enju is a secret tbh she should be able to connect the dot even Mio got it and asked him blatantly.
    I dont really thing mio was that much into self insecurity after she changed she came and saved her to pay up and square up also she likes dontage still spilled out the fact that all that he is doing for Enju while she has the feelings for him.
    Incidentally before this did dongage and mio had any confrontation of any kind ? like him helping the old her for her to be head over heels ?
    if so can any one post the chapter ?
    Ne way though i like the casual day to day life and the complex relationship that they are having i would be more than happy if the pace went to combat again and show us more about the recently acquired power dontage has
    Last edited by shaheer; April 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no evidence whatsoever of what Mio's feelings for Dongtae were before she became a Dicer. The only time they are shown together is when Dongtae and she collide in chapter seven. There is no indication that she had been following him and she appears in only one panel afterwards, in chapter 10.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by kendama; April 30, 2014 at 11:41 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been away from this series for a while and just caught back up.

A lot of pretty emotional contradictions in play. The Dongtae and Mio thing has a lot layers to it. If Mio really did like Dongtae before he was a dicer and he never noticed because he was so focused on "the pretty girl" Enju, what's that going to teach him about himself? And if Mio only liked him after he became a dicer and is reminded of who he was before, how will she feel about that? Either way there is an undercurrent of "Did I look at this person the way others looked at me?" buried in there somewhere.

And while Enju remains the one constant. I get the feeling she's hiding something too. Up until this arc I had been thinking of her as some type of Mary Sue, someone who was just born with a pure heart, but now I'm thinking there's a lot more to her story than that.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 02, 2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I've been away from this series for a while and just caught back up.

A lot of pretty emotional contradictions in play. The Dongtae and Mio thing has a lot layers to it. If Mio really did like Dongtae before he was a dicer and he never noticed because he was so focused on "the pretty girl" Enju, what's that going to teach him about himself. And if Mio only liked him after he became a dicer and is reminded of who he was before, how will she feel about that? Either way there is an undercurrent of "Did I look at this person they way others looked at me?" buried in there somewhere.

And while Enju remains the one constant. I get the feeling she's hiding something too. Up until this arc I had been thinking of her as some type of Mary Sue, someone who was just born with a pure heart, but now I'm thinking there's a lot more to her story than that.
    Definitely there will be a past story for that scar, I am guessing child abuse by some step father kind a thing on her memory. I dont like her generic attitude towards the whoel events tbh. What will more interest me is what will happen when she know that tabein is a Dicer too and much higher level than dontage is.

Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also curious as to what will happen when she finds out the truth about Taebin. But I'd say that her natural reaction would be to break up with him, not because he is a Dicer, but because he kept it secret from her, implying that a) he is privately ashamed of being a Dicer and/or b) he doesn't trust her.

Also, I wonder whether Taebin (and also Mio, to be honest) have accepted quests that harm other people while improving themselves. I think that's what matters most to Eunju. It's also what I think is more important in the whole story: how moral can one remain under those circumstances. We know for sure that Taebin is not above playing with other people's feelings to complete quests: he approached Eunju as part of a quest, and only later seems to have started to care for her genuinely. Dongtae never crossed that line.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    I'm also curious as to what will happen when she finds out the truth about Taebin. But I'd say that her natural reaction would be to break up with him, not because he is a Dicer, but because he kept it secret from her, implying that a) he is privately ashamed of being a Dicer and/or b) he doesn't trust her.

Also, I wonder whether Taebin (and also Mio, to be honest) have accepted quests that harm other people while improving themselves. I think that's what matters most to Eunju. It's also what I think is more important in the whole story: how moral can one remain under those circumstances. We know for sure that Taebin is not above playing with other people's feelings to complete quests: he approached Eunju as part of a quest, and only later seems to have started to care for her genuinely. Dongtae never crossed that line.
    Yeah, that quest to get close to her thing early on was pretty slimey.

With Dongtae he looks worse than he really is. Since, even if he screwed up sometimes, he never had that kind of deceit in him. Taebin on the other hand didn't seem to bat an eye about manipulating the emotions of others. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear that he'd gone even further over that line before.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

It would surprise me a bit with Mio because she seems similar to Dongtae in a lot of ways. Desperate to not be what she was but focused on being a better person rather than a more powerful one.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

(Previous comment hidden under spoilers to highlight the newer one, since they are consecutive, but three weeks apart.)
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added May 21, 2014 at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was May 02, 2014 at 01:08 PM ----------

Well, the events of this chapter (42) are very ominous, but since we don't know yet what X is preparing, I'll comment on what we saw and avoid speculation.

First, the three girls with similar faces are very reminiscent of the film Stepford wives - both the original and the Nicole Kidman remake. Basically, the point is that Dicership erases diversity from a society as everyone - even those who don't need it and didn't suffer - change their looks towards something they perceive as ideal.

Second, Sungchul - I called him "the fair weather friend" in my mind, as he was the first one to jump to befriend Dongtae when he became a Dicer - sounded very ominous by hiding the contents of his Golden Die quest. I do think it must be something horrible, but I guess it is not against Eunju. But Dongtae's guild is about to fall apart, as I predicted.

Third, it seems that X has set in motion whatever he is planning, and Dongtae seems to have been excluded. It has to be mischief, and X doesn't want Dongtae interfering. However, this drives home the point that no matter how moral Dongtae is, X can corrupt any scheme he comes up with to rein in the Dicers. Since the next arc is called "Dominoes", I can only guess the first one is about to be toppled.

Fourth, there is a nice simmetry in the latest conversation between Dongtae and Eunju. Not only are they making amends, but I like the rhetorical effect: back in the Pandora arc, she told him he "had changed", although she didn't mean appearance. Now she is saying he "hasn't changed at all", which is as big a compliment as possible under the circumstances. And the bit of swagger from Dongtae was a nice touch. He really cannot let Eunju out of his mind and heart, no matter how much he tries.

Which of course, will mess Mio's mind up. The girl doesn't seem to understand that in this kind of situation, enquiring people about their feelings and intentions offers no assurance at all, because when love is involved, feelings and intentions change every minute. And Mio had it coming: if she hadn't made Eunju realise the reasons for Dongtae's creation of the guild, Eunju might have been more hesitant to approach Dongtae and apologise. And when she did, the flame Dongtae was trying his best to put out burst up again with trebled strength.

Finally, Taebin has changed. He is now gloomy and dismissive of Eunju. She is worried, but she doesn't know he is a Dicer. I wonder if he received the global quest or whether he is up to something else.

Cannot wait for the next chapter. DICE now has no less than nine people on the scanlation team, but they still need typesetters. Damn, I wish I could help! We are seven chapters behind!
    Last edited by kendama; May 21, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The last quest is whats bugging me, he didnt get any quest. May be X has noticed something distinct about dontage and is trying to test him with various kind of pressure/oddities.
    Also i am interested in the top tier dicer which X mentioned and said they were missing tabein. Now that dontage became sth like low level of top tier i hope things goes to main stream ie he takes in tougher stuffs and gets more unique powers

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder if you are allowed to have more than 1 gold dice skill....that might be the only reason he did not get a quest for a new gold dice

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast